Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

MilesK posted:

Does elon feel stupid right now? I know if I tried distracting from my “Hitler was right” post by attacking media matters, only for newsguard and people searching heilhitler to prove me wrong immediately, I’d feel pretty stupid. I assume even narcissists would feel some sort of discomfort.

I'm sure it hurts his ego in ways he can't fully repress, but he will definitely react to all the mounting evidence that he is the problem as proof of the depth and vastness of the conspiracy to undermine him, personally, for no adequately explored reason.

It's why the only healthy response to narcissists is to cut them off entirely, you cannot show them the error of their ways. Well I guess a licensed, specialized therapist has the tools to deal with them, but no one is going to drag Elon Musk to that particular trough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The only thing that musk feels is that he was absolutely right and some loser / traitor at X, the everything app failed him by not implementing his perfect vision flawlessly and exposing him to criticism.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

steinrokkan posted:

The only thing that musk feels is that he was absolutely right and some loser / traitor at X, the everything app failed him by not implementing his perfect vision flawlessly and exposing him to criticism.

Ironically, he is that loser.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

gschmidl posted:

Ironically, he is that loser.

But being a narcissist he is never going to come to this conclusion and that is the core problem

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The Lone Badger posted:

Consider a neural network of comparable complexity to a human brain (which is really loving complex, more so than simply counting neurons would suggest, and far far beyond current hardware).
Go through a full 20-year rearing process similar to a human neonate, duplicating a lot of the internal processes at the same time (such as pruning).
It is conceivable that after trying this enough times you will eventually create something possessing general intelligence.
At this point it is inferior to a regular human while costing fantastically more. But there are two notable points
1) It can now be duplicated endlessly by copying the files
2) it has no rights whatsoever

This is of course incredibly immoral and a violation of every human right ever, but these issues can be dealt with by simply ignoring them.

you can probably shave down quite a bit of the complexity from the fact that you don't have to dedicate large parts of it to controlling sensor/motor neurons spread out over a full human body

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Most people live in a world with actions, some mistakes, and consequences.

Narcissists live in a world where they are always perfect and will deny reality to make it so. Consequences for them are entirely unfair, unjust, immoral. They don’t make mistakes, you must be mistaken by thinking that was a bad move on their part.

When Twitter fails, it’ll be because it was always too broken and flawed to fail, no matter how hard God CEO Elon tried. Too woke, bad code, everyone wanted to see him fail because they’re NPC’s.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Elon is both a great visionary and all powerful, and simultaneously 100% owned by a transgender liberal

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1727593192147583195

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Yes, it's insane for labor to look out for each other.

Is it possible for capital to be more transparent in their motives?
I maintain my position that Elon Musk has the transparency and appeal of an over-inflated prophylactic.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 23, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Consider a neural network of comparable complexity to a human brain

1. Impossible

2. There is more to intelligence than a brain

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Cable Guy posted:

I maintain my position that Elon Musk has the transparency of an over-inflated prophylactic.

He looks like one also.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Very on-brand that musk is binge-tweeting at 4am on Thanksgiving morning because he has no family or friends who surround and love him

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of no family: deadbeat dad fights to keep deadbeat dadding. He’s Smaug, fighting over a rounding error.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Only Elon Musk could look at the colossal loving shitshow of Brexit and think "that is something more world leaders should emulate"

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
People that defend blackface christmas elect racist party?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Macichne Leainig posted:

Elon is both a great visionary and all powerful, and simultaneously 100% owned by a transgender liberal
:umberto:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
What’s neat about the Tesla strike is that IF Metal has quite the war chest to keep the strike going, as there’s like iirc just under 200 workers, and a lot of members who pay dues to keep that proverbial war chest going.

There’s also quite the support from people here as well, especially since it’s the goddam :sweden:Svenska:sweden: modellen, how dare a foreign company try and bend the rules.

The only ones crying about the strike are the terminally/temporarily embarrassed billionaires kinda small business types, weird Elon stans and Tesla owners who are turbofucked.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

teen witch posted:

What’s neat about the Tesla strike is that IF Metal has quite the war chest to keep the strike going, as there’s like iirc just under 200 workers, and a lot of members who pay dues to keep that proverbial war chest going.

There’s also quite the support from people here as well, especially since it’s the goddam :sweden:Svenska:sweden: modellen, how dare a foreign company try and bend the rules.

The only ones crying about the strike are the terminally/temporarily embarrassed billionaires kinda small business types, weird Elon stans and Tesla owners who are turbofucked.

Yeah, with the current number of strikers they said that they have capital for continuing the strike for hundreds of years, no joke. They have enormous coffers.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Scientastic posted:

Only Elon Musk could look at the colossal loving shitshow of Brexit and think "that is something more world leaders should emulate"

It does actually benefit him.
He is the kind of scum that goes to a country/state and goes 'I'm looking to open a factory here but its not attractive enough',
and then the states/countries start fighting each other to give the highest tax subsidies and building the factory for him.
The rich don't like when everyone is working together.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I love seeing an entire country give the middle finger to Tesla and Musk and while I want the unions to get everything they want, I also selfishly want to see the company continue to get hosed by the escalating strike because it’s hilarious and one of the few times we see rich assholes get their lickings

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Musk will keep on desperately screeching on Twitter while IF Metall slurps up any and all attention he flings at them to their actually competent media department, to further the (correct) message that Tesla is loving up the wrong tree here. There’s no way Tesla wins this fight.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone have a link to why the strikes are happening or a tl;dr of it?

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Doug Sisk posted:

This seems to be the same slam-dunk case arguments as when he called the diver a pedo. But surprise, the billionaire still won
To be fair, the diver's lawyer was L. Lin Wood. Hopefully Media Matters won't hire Giuliani and Powell as their defense.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

union strong.
musk hate union.
tried to block musk car plant in Sweeden unionising
all Sweedish unions taking turns punding his dick into knackbrot
???????
no profit.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Tai posted:

Ät skit och dö, mysk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Truly inscrutable.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Yes, it's insane for labor to look out for each other.
Yeah it's insane alright.... insanely evil.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Musk tried to be an American in Sweden and poo poo on workers rights so now all of Sweden is making GBS threads on him and his company

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Pure evil

This too is the woke virus a work

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*person refuses to cater entirely to the desires of a deranged megalomaniac *
“This person is pure evil”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tai posted:

Swedish Tesla workers have been trying to get Tesla to sign a collective bargaining agreement, wherein wages and working conditions and such are negotiated exclusively between the employer and the union. This is standard practice in Scandinavia for any sector backed by a union, but Tesla has consistently refused to play ball. This has not only made them an enemy of IF Metall, one of the biggest unions in the country, but also the entire labor market, because no one wants to see the power of collective bargaining get undermined.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Delicious

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'Not getting what I want? This is insane!' Lol ok you plush emerald boy

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Swedish Tesla workers have been trying to get Tesla to sign a collective bargaining agreement, wherein wages and working conditions and such are negotiated exclusively between the employer and the union. This is standard practice in Scandinavia for any sector backed by a union, but Tesla has consistently refused to play ball. This has not only made them an enemy of IF Metall, one of the biggest unions in the country, but also the entire labor market, because no one wants to see the power of collective bargaining get undermined.

This also isn't the first American company to run into trouble trying to brute force its way into Sweden and ignore how the labor market there works. In the 90s Toys R Us tried to do the same thing and was met with a similar response, and was forced to eventually cave in order to actually open stores in Sweden.

https://web.archive.org/web/2023111...-in-sweden.html

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Enjoy that Thanksgiving cuisine.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Ah yes, the cuisine of the people of Thanksgiv. A somewhat savage and not particularly ancient culture but boy can they stack flavors together or what!

Working today at 2.5x rate. Not having to deal with family: priceless.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Great site, seems like things are working out fine

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Great site, seems like things are working out fine

Gokte ja hänen perseensä.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Lol, 25% of the vote and a "whooping" 37 seats out of a 150 seat parliament, requiring a 3+ party coalition

To be fair the traditional media also blow the whole thing out of proportion