Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I will simply hold the correct opinion immediately, keep it to myself, and when all the facts are revealed let everyone know that I was right all along as I always am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
"I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton" Why did Giddy tweet this?

temple fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 23, 2023

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Papes posted:

Ha, yes it is. I deleted Twitter from phone and was clueless about the allegations. There are a lot of okc fans who want to trade him based on performance so I assumed that’s what OP was talking about given lack of context.

From what I understand now, it seems like it will be likely for Giddy to claim ignorance. The evidence is mostly a video of him with a girl where he says something like “leaving the club, about to take the party home”.
I assume clubs in California (where video is allegedly from) are 18\21+ like anywhere else I’ve lived. If the person used fake ID to enter and lied about age, I think there is some leeway to give there. I never figured out the timeline of the video but he could have been as young as 18 at time of the recording.

If there is more evidence than I know about now that proves he knew she was underage (and of course assuming everything in the allegations is true), he could be in some real trouble.

Then again, this is the NBA so even if everything is 100% true I doubt he sees any meaningful penalty outside public opinion. I would of course hope he would be cut, but due diligence needs to be done to prove these claims first.

You can't plead ignorance for age of consent issues, so if it is 17 and in California, it's bad for him.

I also don't think Adam Silver and NBA PR have expected so many people NBA reporters and personalities to keep asking him about Miles Bridges. Adam Silver is not going to want to dance around questions about Josh Giddey during press events in the next couple weeks that are supposed to be about the In Season Tournament.

If she is really under 18, I would not be surprised if he ends up away for the team for a few weeks at least.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's also something disturbing: the chicago bulls

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

not a good look imo.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

who knew Giddey's most comparable NBA player was Dwight Howard

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Joshing Kidding, it was just a prank!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

You can't plead ignorance for age of consent issues, so if it is 17 and in California, it's bad for him.

I don’t know anything about California law but seems wild that you could be held liable if someone deceived you about their age.

But also as far as I’m aware nobody is even pressing a charge, it’s just Twitter speculation at the moment. I don’t think Silver does anything without a legal case.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1727707391595077639

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Papes posted:

I don’t know anything about California law but seems wild that you could be held liable if someone deceived you about their age.

But also as far as I’m aware nobody is even pressing a charge, it’s just Twitter speculation at the moment. I don’t think Silver does anything without a legal case.

I mean no one actually believes he didn’t know. That’s just an excuse so the legal system shouldn’t allow that poo poo that purely exists for people to rationalize

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Papes posted:

The legal expectation is you don't sleep with someone if you can't be reasonably certain they can legally consent. Meeting someone at an over 18 club or having a fake ID has never been an excuse.

Also technically the NBA doesn't have to be tied to a government criminal legal process. Administrative / employment law only requires preponderance of the evidence. Now that can be difficult to get when the schools aren't going to give out information about students.

Another issue for Giddey is that he's had allegations about him sleeping with multiple underage girls for over a year now. This is not the first allegation and it's not one girl.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 23, 2023

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
the pacers are fun and exciting and cool but playing a team that possesses defensive ability (or at least, chooses this specific game to try and play defence) seems to have a strong impact. personally loved buddy missing the game winner.

not excited about raps/bulls tomorrow likely being another runaway reaction of high grade embarrassment. the stars aligning and drake being brought back to co-commentate another entire quarter with the worst loving banter will cause all moisture to leave my body and mummify me on the spot which would, on the whole, at least prevent me from having to watch the rest of the game

and maybe aliens revive me in a few thousand years. "beep blorp was alex caruso a slug hybrid why was he so wet?"
could be neat?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Giggs posted:

not excited about raps/bulls tomorrow likely being another runaway reaction of high grade embarrassment. the stars aligning and drake being brought back to co-commentate another entire quarter with the worst loving banter will cause all moisture to leave my body and mummify me on the spot which would, on the whole, at least prevent me from having to watch the rest of the game

Oh drat, the Raps are gonna have a subject matter expert to talk about the Josh Giddey Situation?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The legal expectation is you don't sleep with someone if you can't be reasonably certain they can legally consent. Meeting someone at an over 18 club or having a fake ID has never been an excuse.

Quick Google search shows this is incorrect

quote:

California Criminal Jury Instruction 1071 states: "The defendant is not guilty of this crime if (he/she) reasonably and actually believed that the other person was age 18 or older. The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did not reasonably and actually believe that the other person was at least 18 years old. If the People have not met this burden, you must find the defendant not guilty of this crime.”

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/1000/1072/

Also if it's within 3 years it's a misdemeanor that won't be bothered with in this case.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Lockback posted:

Quick Google search shows this is incorrect

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/1000/1072/

Also if it's within 3 years it's a misdemeanor that won't be bothered with in this case.

Read what I wrote. It's why I put in "reasonable" in my post.

Also, it's not as simple as "within 3 years" rules as many times those are not in play when you are not a resident of that state.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Another issue for Giddey is that he's had allegations about him sleeping with multiple underage girls for over a year now. This is not the first allegation and it's not one girl.

Oh, i only knew about the 1 with the video. If there’s a pattern it changes the calculus.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Giddey fiddler

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

Oh drat, the Raps are gonna have a subject matter expert to talk about the Josh Giddey Situation?

lmao

Rick posted:

Basically the good Wagner brother is the only bad defender in the Orlando rotation but he at least tries enough that it is coverable.

theyre both good! one of them is just very good, and the other one is a nice rotational piece

nachos posted:

Did orlando put together an elite defensive team when I wasn’t looking? That is a lot of wingspan on that roster

it's really all come together since wendell carter jr went down, which is unfortunate because I like him but he's not a good fit with Paolo and Franz. Anthony Black has been fantastic for a rookie, even if he doesn't turn out to be functional in the giant PG role he may be a Lonzo esque pass hub and do it all defender. Jalen Suggs is having a great year, his offense is all the way up to Acceptable and he's a great defensive leader on top of being great on the ball. alas that they took jet howard over lively

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

He did everything they said he did.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dexo posted:

He did everything they said he did.

At first I thought this was just a Matrix style trenchcoat but he’s wearing a suit jacket on top of a long coat??? What is going on

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

hahahaha

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

At first I thought this was just a Matrix style trenchcoat but he’s wearing a suit jacket on top of a long coat??? What is going on

we might never know the depths of this dude's depravity

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I would be down for a Grandma’s Boy sequel

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kent State??

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/FeelLikeDrew/status/1727584405915345124

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/SOLID__SE7EN/status/1727613073660240017

Not going to bother replying to the rando but.....

The timeline adds up so perfectly jesus

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Why is this dude moving like this at loving Kent State of all places.

Shooters shoot

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

laying pipe in kent state
out there in Houston, TX dropping loads per anttttman's tweet

where else has Josh Giddey spread his evil

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

:911:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

Says that was a home game for OU though, so unless Kent transported their entire campus..

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Shooters shoot

HOLY gently caress

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Picturing Josh Giddey wandering around a college campus asking girls to see their ID so he can be sure they're under 18.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

sharknado slashfic posted:

Says that was a home game for OU though, so unless Kent transported their entire campus..

Im suggesting that he met her there and then traveled to Kent State

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Internet sleuths have found an alleged post coitus “just hosed Josh Giddey” Snapchat with a picture of the two of them

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

sharknado slashfic posted:

the implication is that he met some young girl at the game then went back to kent state for a followup

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Shooters shoot

good lord

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007