Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1727335122733879385?t=QJAMnBr6lcR1-kABb29Rmw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Needs like 10 more wrestlers to justify that price imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Time to put my money where my mouth is i guess

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonna wait on this. I bought the season pass with the original game release but I guess that season is up and now I’d have to buy a new season pass.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Lmao, I fuckin love aew but this price is dumb as hell. It's a good game but it's bare bones as it is. Charging 25 bucks for 3 characters and a new arena is criminal TK. Hard pass.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm good!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like that I didn't even realize the first "season" was over and now have to pay 25 bucks if I want a tag team and a single wrestler. No thanks, time to play more Wrestling Empire.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, honestly they had a very low bar to clear (be better than 2k23), and they honestly only barely cleared it. (MyGM is better than anything in Fight Forever, but Fight Forever has better gameplay).

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
My moth-riddled wallet also says “no.” I’ll wait for the pass to go on sale if anything.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Put Geno in it and I'll consider it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Man, they better announce more poo poo or that's just embarrassing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Embarrassing it is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they need the money to fight forever. stop.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gavok posted:

Put MDickie in it and I'll consider it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've got three Yakuza games to buy, that's a no from me dawg

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Could probably pretty easily stuff a bunch more CAW parts in there with that DLC to make it have at least some substance beyond the few new wrestlers but nah.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

explosivo posted:

Could probably pretty easily stuff a bunch more CAW parts in there with that DLC to make it have at least some substance beyond the few new wrestlers but nah.

I feel like that would just exacerbate the problem of the game being bare bones. We don't need DLC CAW parts, we need those in the base game (and to let us add any and all finishers without going through All Elite mode.)

But could we also get some options? Pretty sure we still can't have multi-man ladder matches or customize damage/health meters for longer matches. This is the most expensive and barely functioning band-aid to help a heart attack of a game.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I might just buy Cyberpunk this week, it's also only like $25 on PS5 or something. I fear every game I play is going to pale in comparison to Baldur's Gate now. Maybe if AEW comes back with a ton of other cool stuff I'll give this season pass a go in like 6 months, but "Beat The Elite" mode isn't enough to get my dollars.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ganso Bomb posted:

I might just buy Cyberpunk this week, it's also only like $25 on PS5 or something. I fear every game I play is going to pale in comparison to Baldur's Gate now. Maybe if AEW comes back with a ton of other cool stuff I'll give this season pass a go in like 6 months, but "Beat The Elite" mode isn't enough to get my dollars.

Cyberpunk is great (now), go for it!

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Not to spoil the food eating and sight seeing story mode, but the end of it is just you Fighting The Elite (and special guest Cody!). Not sure what this will be doing differently.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Baldur's Gate is easily my favorite rpg of all time. But other games are fun too! Try something completely different. Have you tried Devil May Cry 5? Fun action game. How about a sports game? The new madden is on sale. You could also maybe get a chill game. I tried a tavern sim called Traveler's Rest and it seems really in depth if you like that kind of thing.

When in doubt play the sims or a civ game to eat up a bunch of your hours.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
what are some examples of the superior gameplay mechanics in Fight Forever? I'm skeptical because it feels like the "barebones presentation but BEST GAMEPLAY IN A DECADE" narrative was decided like a year before release. And it may very well be true! I ask in good faith, I haven't bought a WWE game since '12 on the Xbox 360 and that arcadey one (I think "All Stars"?) on 3DS

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Minidust posted:

what are some examples of the superior gameplay mechanics in Fight Forever? I'm skeptical because it feels like the "barebones presentation but BEST GAMEPLAY IN A DECADE" narrative was decided like a year before release. And it may very well be true! I ask in good faith, I haven't bought a WWE game since '12 on the Xbox 360 and that arcadey one (I think "All Stars"?) on 3DS

Dig if you will the picture: Smackdown 2 is ever so slightly slowed down

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The actual wrestling part of the game is great, controls awesome.

There’s just not enough game to wrestle in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

The actual wrestling part of the game is great, controls awesome.

There’s just not enough game to wrestle in.

100%. Locking the most basic loving arcade mode behind DLC is legitimately insane. Not only should that be free, money should come out of the disc slot on my PlayStation for giving this another chance.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dig if you will the picture: Smackdown 2 is ever so slightly slowed down

Never played those much but from my perspective its a faster No Mercy or WCW/NWO revenge

Its good but there's not a lot of game to this game. And as much as I just want ba Arcade mode I'm not paying $25 for it unless they announce more than 3 new wrestlers

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I like that the characters all feel distinct as well. OC even has his own hands-in-pockets moveset that you can trigger. Just ain't enough customization in gameplay, match type, character creation, or arenas.
Like, it's criminal you can have a 4-way ladder match in the Story mode but can't do so in exhibition. You can't set your own ai PPVs. Created characters have to go through the droll story mode to get additional special move slots.

Gameplay and wrestling rules which makes the rest so painful.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Senerio posted:

Yeah, honestly they had a very low bar to clear (be better than 2k23), and they honestly only barely cleared it. (MyGM is better than anything in Fight Forever, but Fight Forever has better gameplay).

And you can get 2K23 for 12 bucks right now on the Humble Bundle Monthly Choice deal. Asking so much for such little content is nuts

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One of my favorite things is the abilities in Fight Forever actually feel like they matter, as opposed to just dives yes/no and which of 13 separate OMG moments you can do

Like the anti air one and pre match sneak attack one, which are both my enemy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They want $12 just for The Acclaimed and the new Dynamite Arena alone.

WWE is charging $10 for Bad Bunny, $10 for packs with Wade Barret, Eve Torres and 3 NXT nobodies. MK1 wants $8 for Shang Tsung. I guess it’s in line, but still in the high end.

I thought the Elite Edition was priced fairly with the order discount where it was like $12 for all that DLC. Wonder how Beat The Elite mode will really be and if it’s worth the money.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Sales for the game is probably so bad that they're trying to recoup by overcharging the DLCs lol.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

JSmithOTI posted:

I like that the characters all feel distinct as well. OC even has his own hands-in-pockets moveset that you can trigger. Just ain't enough customization in gameplay, match type, character creation, or arenas.
Like, it's criminal you can have a 4-way ladder match in the Story mode but can't do so in exhibition. You can't set your own ai PPVs. Created characters have to go through the droll story mode to get additional special move slots.

Gameplay and wrestling rules which makes the rest so painful.

honestly not having to go thru story move for every caw would be a game changer. still fun as hell to play, but that's really what holds me back. I'd make the jankest looking Vader ever if not for it

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Finally got to play some wrestling Empire with my buddy. On switch, control of the main character and shift, even after cutscenes, which made William Regal miss his first night of wrestling school. awarded the next night with A championship match against Rick Steiner, with dynamite thrown around the ring. The second match was a tag match we lost. The third match was a ringless sumo match that went the full five minutes. William Real end of the year 1–1–1-1.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I put my money where my mouth is and bought the Sony Spider-Man game for the PC :spidey:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I put my mouth where my money is and kissed my wallet

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

honestly not having to go thru story move for every caw would be a game changer. still fun as hell to play, but that's really what holds me back. I'd make the jankest looking Vader ever if not for it

I wouldn't mind it if story mode was fun. Who thought it was a good idea to make us watch countless acut scenes of working out and eating? I was amused by it, maybe twice? Then I just dreaded going into story mode to unlock Paul Wight and finish my CAW

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It would make a whole lot of sense if they'd planned for every character to have a completely unique story mode. That would excuse our at least explain the lack of exhibition modes and other options and would be something no one else has done or is doing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s hard to make a game, and the SmackDown series has 23 years of active development. the AW game was never gonna have as much, but hopefully they make much faster progress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

Baldur's Gate is easily my favorite rpg of all time. But other games are fun too! Try something completely different. Have you tried Devil May Cry 5? Fun action game. How about a sports game? The new madden is on sale. You could also maybe get a chill game. I tried a tavern sim called Traveler's Rest and it seems really in depth if you like that kind of thing.

When in doubt play the sims or a civ game to eat up a bunch of your hours.

buy Slay The Princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

It’s hard to make a game, and the SmackDown series has 23 years of active development. the AW game was never gonna have as much, but hopefully they make much faster progress.

I do get that, but this game omits really basic features that the developers themselves have included in their previous games. Games from two decades ago!