Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Calling it now it would be very funny if, much like the extra dogs modifier just being left on, they just left the carnival on every difficulty tier on for the next 4 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well they said part 2 of Traitors Curse is dropping in December so that hopefully means a different nap on rotation for 4 months.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
No; maelstrom-of-the-holidays-and-some is going to be carnival PT 1 and 2 as mini-campaign where you dont get any rewards until both maps are complete. And the combo is only available as snipergauntlet (with dogs)

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I would take extra snipers any day over extra dogs. God. Playing a Damnation map a couple days ago with a team of underleveled pubbies on dogmode, and they all went down in every single big fight, like clockwork. That was the roughest push to the finish line I've ever had. Nothing quite like dodging a dozen pounces in a row because everyone else is already permadead and awaiting their next rescue at the respawn point.

At least with snipers, you can usually back off and engage on your own terms.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It may only be on low levels but the lawbringer shotgun (i think? The one with the big wide special ammo) absolutely ruins dog hordes. Just point it at them all charging in and let it rip and itll kill like 90% to 100 in my experience

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Peeps just need to group up and find a good doorway to funnel the doggo's into, nobody should ever be getting pounced in a different room that can't be immediately freed.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Bleed nades n plasma

https://i.imgur.com/DhRL9az.mp4

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mendrian posted:

This reminds me:

Is there any reason to take the Highlight Ogryn talent over the Highlight Shooters talent? Like I get that sometimes you get big groups of Ogryn and I can see an argument with something like the plasma, but there's always going to be more shooters than Ogryns, generally, and it's not like highlighting them is the part that causes Exceutioner's Stance to do extra damage.

sure, if you don't care as much about shooters or took a slower firing, harder hitting weapon and want to be able to delete crushers in one shot. It's definitely worse than pre-overhaul where it also gave +75% damage against Ogryn but I can still see a reason to take it.

I don't think you need Exe as much for plasma or bolter though so eh.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It doesn't give any damage bonus now and ogyn aren't exactly hard to spot in a crowd and neither are their heads, the only benefitting is resetting the duration of your ult if there happens to be a lot of ogyns nearby, but gunners tend to outnumber them 20 to 1.

It's just one of those talents that doesn't need to be yet another passive point for veterans.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Switched to plasma gun away from my good Columnus, finally managed to clear a difficulty 4 mission after like, 9 or 10 tries since the patch dropped. Christ the director is still a little insane sometimes.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Peeps just need to group up and find a good doorway to funnel the doggo's into, nobody should ever be getting pounced in a different room that can't be immediately freed.

Dog mode is just free toughness regen/ammo on my vet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Switched to plasma gun away from my good Columnus, finally managed to clear a difficulty 4 mission after like, 9 or 10 tries since the patch dropped. Christ the director is still a little insane sometimes.

just play on Damnation, the pubstove is way more competent up there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There’s something about the end of the plague investigation mission that makes the director go extremely hard. Did it twice yesterday on heresy with no modifiers. The first resulted in the group not being able to complete even the first round of scanning because things started out with a wave of maulers and ragers and after that was dealt with after several downs and a lot of damage we got another wave of ragers pouring out of the vents on the side we had huddled in and that was that.

The second round was successful but that time the scanning took up about half the entire mission time as we got bomber after bomber spawning at the top and eventually two of them found the perfect position where there was just a pixel of them showing and they were able to throw grenades with impunity for like 5 minutes. Then there were the dogs, mutants, exploders, and the (thankfully) single wave of flak ragers that spawned. There was at least 6 deaths during the scanning phase but somehow we pulled it off and got to the escape run, though we had to leave behind a rescue when the door opened. My friend was playing a flame psyker and pulled a big drat hero moment by turning around pointing his fire at the narrow bridge as me and the other guy (a zealot) ran forward to rescue the captive who got teleported into the big area before the pipe. Unfortunately there was a crusher and a few ragers waiting for us but a clutch relic pull by the zealot stunned them and I got the other guy up. My friend died holding the bridge and it took long enough for us to rescue the other guy that we got to rescue him too. We headed toward the pipe and that’s when a wave of ragers started running toward us from extraction. We were all at low health and they immediately took down the zealot before I could line an Orgyn charge and we didn’t even think about trying to pick the zealot back up. We waded forward into the pox horde on the pipe and the ragers I knocked down were able to get back up and killed my psyker friend as we were fighting and running. The other player cleared the pipe ahead while I desperately tried to thread a needle made of poxwalkers with a thread made of rocks to hit the ragers. Got to the end of the pipe and used my charge to run in the direction of the extraction and got out with the other guy. It was the best and worst run I’ve ever had on that map.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It doesn't give any damage bonus now and ogyn aren't exactly hard to spot in a crowd and neither are their heads, the only benefitting is resetting the duration of your ult if there happens to be a lot of ogyns nearby, but gunners tend to outnumber them 20 to 1.

It's just one of those talents that doesn't need to be yet another passive point for veterans.

Yeah this was what I thought. I took it the first time I rebuilt my vet and then went hey, hang on, this is just a trap.

If highlighted enemies took extra damage it might be worth it but they don't.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Evil Kit posted:

Yes, but I'm not :smith:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Evil Kit posted:

Ehhhhh. Used to be. Now damnation pugs feel like pre-patch Heresy pugs. :(

SkyeAuroline posted:

Come to the discord, we're all terrible down here :v:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

Is the discord in the OP? I was just wondering about that

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ZeusCannon posted:

Is the discord in the OP? I was just wondering about that

It is!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really don't understand what causes teams to lose their brain cells the moment they get to the finale event. They spend the whole mission moving as a group (unless they're a loner zealot) and then they instantly run off to die in the finale zone.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Hab dreyko's requirement of doing a "ring around the rosy" with the skull is still stupid. Every other moment you're following the skull from point A to point B and its obvious, but no, here you are supposed to follow super closely around a tree like some idiot, or it won't progress.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Kibayasu posted:

There’s something about the end of the plague investigation mission that makes the director go extremely hard. Did it twice yesterday on heresy with no modifiers. The first resulted in the group not being able to complete even the first round of scanning because things started out with a wave of maulers and ragers and after that was dealt with after several downs and a lot of damage we got another wave of ragers pouring out of the vents on the side we had huddled in and that was that.

The second round was successful but that time the scanning took up about half the entire mission time as we got bomber after bomber spawning at the top and eventually two of them found the perfect position where there was just a pixel of them showing and they were able to throw grenades with impunity for like 5 minutes. Then there were the dogs, mutants, exploders, and the (thankfully) single wave of flak ragers that spawned. There was at least 6 deaths during the scanning phase but somehow we pulled it off and got to the escape run, though we had to leave behind a rescue when the door opened. My friend was playing a flame psyker and pulled a big drat hero moment by turning around pointing his fire at the narrow bridge as me and the other guy (a zealot) ran forward to rescue the captive who got teleported into the big area before the pipe. Unfortunately there was a crusher and a few ragers waiting for us but a clutch relic pull by the zealot stunned them and I got the other guy up. My friend died holding the bridge and it took long enough for us to rescue the other guy that we got to rescue him too. We headed toward the pipe and that’s when a wave of ragers started running toward us from extraction. We were all at low health and they immediately took down the zealot before I could line an Orgyn charge and we didn’t even think about trying to pick the zealot back up. We waded forward into the pox horde on the pipe and the ragers I knocked down were able to get back up and killed my psyker friend as we were fighting and running. The other player cleared the pipe ahead while I desperately tried to thread a needle made of poxwalkers with a thread made of rocks to hit the ragers. Got to the end of the pipe and used my charge to run in the direction of the extraction and got out with the other guy. It was the best and worst run I’ve ever had on that map.

Yes, this mission is definitely overtuned compared to a lot of the others.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hab Dreyko more like Awww Hellno

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SkyeAuroline posted:

I believe in you :unsmith:

Edmond Dantes posted:

idk I've had about the same success rate as before, people have adjusted. Hell, I ran into the Gamer (complimentary) Squad the other day, just a psyker and ogryn clearly carrying their Veteran friend and they were nuts. They were also obviously running mods because they were doing normally contextual voice call outs on demand. We ran over that hi intensity 5 lol.

Also go read the patch notes Ed.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Fishstick posted:

Hab dreyko's requirement of doing a "ring around the rosy" with the skull is still stupid. Every other moment you're following the skull from point A to point B and its obvious, but no, here you are supposed to follow super closely around a tree like some idiot, or it won't progress.

I haven't found this to be the case at all. So long as you're in the central area (e.g. huddled around a psyker shield/medkit standing at the exit door), the skull will progress. I don't even bother looking at it during that event.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yes, this mission is definitely overtuned compared to a lot of the others.

I’ve seen that too but I thought I was just being tired and lazy. Any of you guys have a link to a mostly text file explaining weapon stats? I’m trying to figure out dump stats on specific weapons and what randos I’m rolling I should keep for both ranged and melee. Like I play around and a recon las with 35 stability must suck but it doesn’t seem awful in the Psykarium. That and collateral are throwing me off. Mainly looking for texts as it’s far easier to scan and read as opposed to watching a vid. My attention span is terrible and I literally will get distracted if someone says squirrel. Note: this is not a gimmick post - this is real talk.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Magitek posted:

I haven't found this to be the case at all. So long as you're in the central area (e.g. huddled around a psyker shield/medkit standing at the exit door), the skull will progress. I don't even bother looking at it during that event.

It is absolutely the case though. You need to be in a very specific area near the tree to make it move which makes no sense. It should either progress without you or move to a new area. Why it needs to do a circle at all is unclear in the context of the mission and it's very easy to get too close to the door and it stalls out.

EDIT: My assumption is that at some point they either wanted the skull to move or wanted it to include way more scans and did this to break up the finale and never got back around to refining how it works.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DogsInSpace! posted:

I’ve seen that too but I thought I was just being tired and lazy. Any of you guys have a link to a mostly text file explaining weapon stats? I’m trying to figure out dump stats on specific weapons and what randos I’m rolling I should keep for both ranged and melee. Like I play around and a recon las with 35 stability must suck but it doesn’t seem awful in the Psykarium. That and collateral are throwing me off. Mainly looking for texts as it’s far easier to scan and read as opposed to watching a vid. My attention span is terrible and I literally will get distracted if someone says squirrel. Note: this is not a gimmick post - this is real talk.

I don’t know if this would be better or worse than a video but if you inspect a weapon and highlight the modifiers you can get very detailed breakdowns of what each one does on each weapon. You can also see things like the base damage/stagger on every swing in a melee weapon’s combo

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I kind of like how insane that finale gets, used to be a bit of a snooze with hardly anything more threatening than a poxwalker showing up, now can end up in some real clusterfucks and threats that have to be dealt with instantly or risk wiping the team.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

DogsInSpace! posted:

Some references to start you off.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3062261689
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3044646170
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2917274959

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I kind of like how insane that finale gets, used to be a bit of a snooze with hardly anything more threatening than a poxwalker showing up, now can end up in some real clusterfucks and threats that have to be dealt with instantly or risk wiping the team.

Oh yeah it was easily the hardest mission before Carnival and its endless streams of mission-long gunners.

I just wish the skull didn't require you to stand under the tree to move, it's weird.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This game doesn't really have a Skittergate equivalent level yet, does it?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Oh perfect! Thank you.

Kibayasu posted:

I don’t know if this would be better or worse than a video but if you inspect a weapon and highlight the modifiers you can get very detailed breakdowns of what each one does on each weapon. You can also see things like the base damage/stagger on every swing in a melee weapon’s combo

I’ll be honest: I had not noticed how in detail it was. Thank you!

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Magitek posted:

The skull always progresses in that bit, it just progresses significantly faster if you walk under it and follow it round the tree.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The people who rage in this game make me laugh. Brah, who cares? Play the game, help people out, but otherwise shut the gently caress up. It's not like its DOTA.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Arc Light posted:

To add on to this for Arc Hammer, using Volley Fire/Executioner's Stance + Counterfire (highlighting shooters) can essentially allow a veteran to maintain their +DMG and +crit dmg for the duration of any fight, and if it goes on long enough to outlast the cooldown, a vet player can trigger it again immediately afterward.

This isnt true anymore since the rework caused the cooldown to trigger at the end of the ability rather than the start. Its why the node that reduces the CD by 6 seconds per elite kill is basically mandatory. out of date

The ogryn highlight is a trap as it used to be attached to ogryn and monstrosity bonus damage which got split out AND nerfed.

No point in taking it. Whoever designed the vet skill tree is on drugs.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 23, 2023

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Jerkface posted:

This isnt true anymore since the rework caused the cooldown to trigger at the end of the ability rather than the start.

This was reverted, but the cooldown was increased to 35s to compensate.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Magitek posted:

This was reverted, but the cooldown was increased to 35s to compensate.

Oh good, they have some brains then!!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Outside of the current director's loony shenanigans I do like the escape run of Hab Dreyko and it'd be neat if other/newer levels had something similar. The only other time you actually have to fight to the extraction is if you get a very rare spawn in the dropship area on the mission you fix the water in The Torrent. I wouldn't want one of the death balls of ragers or crushers to show up in them but something to nip at your heels would be fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Vortex says I have four active mods (the ones scoreboard asked me to get and scoreboard) but the scoreboard isn't showing up. Is there something basic I've missed here? I never mod games so idk if I've make an error or missing something obvious.

I downloaded them all through vortex and the mod folder appears to have the files in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

So basically I have to do Heresy with only the top batch of perks before the grenade modifiers.

If you would be so kind as to let me know what talents you are running to do the penance. I looked just now and that penance + the one that requires it to be done are the only Ogryn ones I have left to do.