Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

i might just be a callous rear end in a top hat, but it’s hard to feel sorry for someone when their ultra-luxury car that costs more than a house(outside of canada), goes rogue

Well, given two people apparently died, it may be appropriate to call such response callous. Also I think these sorts of incidents are usually people getting a stroke mid-driving or something, though I guess 56 may be on a young side?
Usually they just plow into someone's home though no one starts looking for terrorists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
id say they might be the exception to the rule of the rich being lovely people… but they were going to a kiss concert

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

OddObserver posted:

Well, given two people apparently died, it may be appropriate to call such response callous. Also I think these sorts of incidents are usually people getting a stroke mid-driving or something, though I guess 56 may be on a young side?
Usually they just plow into someone's home though no one starts looking for terrorists.

sorry they died but lol’d at the Tesla blowing up

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

TheWeedNumber posted:

sorry they died but lol’d at the Tesla blowing up

it was a 300k bently

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

My Spirit Otter posted:

id say they might be the exception to the rule of the rich being lovely people… but they were going to a kiss concert

Ew.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

I pray to whatever exists they were Jamming out to 'Detroit Rock City', a song about a guy driving to a kiss concert who loses control and gets in an accident and dies.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

M_Gargantua posted:

You can't fool me, thats just a leaked screenplay from Small Soldiers 2

Speaking of, don't know if it will actually happen but this teaser is worth watching on it's own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPqSTUt5D8

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1727153939810816223?t=jw4zNDZBFHiBAhjDNdWJVg&s=19

E-
https://twitter.com/BuceesUSA/status/1727353021363863878?t=EZqk2lcA2yXuEvd97SXj_Q&s=19

Even as parody, Buc-ee's Tweeting conspiracies is a thing I never thought I'd see.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 23, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Bill had a quadruple bypass in his 50s. While he’s gotten serious about his health since then, I can’t imagine saying he’s the healthiest compared to someone like Carter who was still building houses with Habitat for Humanity in his 90s.

I mean, I don’t think that it’s likely, but if Clinton lives till the sixth or seventh decade of this century, I’m prepared to call the competition in his favor.

Carter has all the dead presidents beat handily.

Only the most dire partisans (including apparently one doctor) would consider Trump or Biden to be contenders. If Biden didn’t wake up tomorrow, he’d still be in the top quarter of longest‐lived American presidents, and Trump isn’t that far behind.

Clinton, Obama, and Bush the Younger are the only competition that Carter has.

Of the presidents that entered office at ages younger than Carter, Bill Clinton is already the lifespan leader at seventy‐seven—surpassing Fillmore, Tyler, and Taft in both age at inauguration and in total lifespan. Obama is also in the running at sixty‐two and entering office only a year older than Clinton. George W. Bush, two years older than Carter at inauguration, has an uphill battle but can’t be counted out.

M_Gargantua posted:

Was it that new Bentley PHEV Hybrid? That white smoke is generally a sign of a lithium battery thermal runaway

I thought that that meant that they had a new pope.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 23, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

E-
https://twitter.com/BuceesUSA/status/1727353021363863878?t=EZqk2lcA2yXuEvd97SXj_Q&s=19

Even as parody, Buc-ee's Tweeting conspiracies is a thing I never thought I'd see.

Nah, man. His head just... did that.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Kazinsal posted:

Nah, man. His head just... did that.

What kind of animal is Buccee and why was the gnoll grassy, and not forested.

What do you think Buccee knew, and when did he know it? Why did they never catch the second shooter?

Because no one questions the beaver.... and who benefits? The government.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m posting the text here because while CIDRAP is a good organization, their article was real thin. This is at least an official statement, though it doesn’t add much other than clarifying the timeline.

WHO statement on reported clusters of respiratory illness in children in northern China

quote:

WHO has made an official request to China for detailed information on an increase in respiratory illnesses and reported clusters of pneumonia in children.

At a press conference on 13 November 2023, Chinese authorities from the National Health Commission reported an increase in incidence of respiratory diseases in China. Chinese authorities attributed this increase to the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions and the circulation of known pathogens such as influenza, mycoplasma pneumoniae (a common bacterial infection which typically affects younger children), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Authorities stressed the need for enhanced disease surveillance in healthcare facilities and community settings, as well as strengthening the capacity of the health system to manage patients.

On 21 November, media and ProMED reported clusters of undiagnosed pneumonia in children in northern China. It is unclear if these are associated with the overall increase in respiratory infections previously reported by Chinese authorities, or separate events.

On 22 November, WHO requested additional epidemiologic and clinical information, as well as laboratory results from these reported clusters among children, through the International Health Regulations mechanism. We have also requested further information about recent trends in the circulation of known pathogens including influenza, SARS-CoV-2, RSV and mycoplasma pneumoniae, and the current burden on health care systems. WHO is also in contact with clinicians and scientists through our existing technical partnerships and networks in China.

Since mid-October, northern China has reported an increase in influenza-like illness compared to the same period in the previous three years. China has systems in place to capture information on trends in influenza, influenza-like illnesses, RSV and SARS-CoV-2, and reports to platforms such as the Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System.

While WHO seeks this additional information, we recommend that people in China follow measures to reduce the risk of respiratory illness, which include recommended vaccination; keeping distance from people who are ill; staying home when ill; getting tested and medical care as needed; wearing masks as appropriate; ensuring good ventilation; and regular hand-washing.

WHO will continue to provide updates.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Desantis and his elevator cowboy boots always reminded me of this guy in 1970 film El Topo, who gets all dolled up in a huge routine before emerging to face off against the stranger who comes to town.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I pray to whatever exists they were Jamming out to 'Detroit Rock City', a song about a guy driving to a kiss concert who loses control and gets in an accident and dies.

Even more funny, the concert was cancelled because Gene has the flu.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

Even more funny, the concert was cancelled because Gene has the flu.

I laughed but it was a rough chuckle.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Eric Adams is having a really lovely month, between being under investigation for possible fundraising violations and now being accused of sexual assault. Maybe a Cuomo bid for Mayor is less unlikely but goddamn New York politics is a loving cesspool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Eric Adams is having a really lovely month, between being under investigation for possible fundraising violations and now being accused of sexual assault. Maybe a Cuomo bid for Mayor is less unlikely but goddamn New York is a loving cesspool.

Fixed.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Anyone have that (onion?) Article that was like "not so easy finding a decent mayor is it?" Asks Bill Deblasio

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1727673315689463890?t=INeSJrIYOahoOGQrX9qzpg&s=19

Happy Thanksgiving!

Isn't there still a gag order on the NYC case? Because Grandpa went at the Clerk again.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Eric Adams is having a really lovely month, between being under investigation for possible fundraising violations and now being accused of sexual assault. Maybe a Cuomo bid for Mayor is less unlikely but goddamn politics is a loving cesspool.

Actually fixed it for you

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Isn't there still a gag order on the NYC case? Because Grandpa went at the Clerk again.

That gag order is on hold for appellate review. And naturally, the appeals judge is a dipshit that more or less said "uh, nothing is imminently harmful here, I am concerned about restricting speech". So the judge got a lawyer and submitted 30-50 death threats a day that he gets, which escalate for every Donnie bullshit post.

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1727438479087604087?t=jApSyUZku0wtXJiEPOYK_g&s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1727673315689463890?t=INeSJrIYOahoOGQrX9qzpg&s=19

Happy Thanksgiving!

How can anyone believe this pile of mush is presidential material?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The gently caress is going on in Dublin?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

How can anyone believe this pile of mush is presidential material?

Approximately 30% of the country believes he's the bestest president

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

orange juche posted:

I can't find polls asking the question later than 2021, but at that point over half of Republicans believed he was still the President.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I can't find polls asking the question later than 2021, but at that point over half of Republicans believed he was still the President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

orange juche posted:

Unsurprising really. Fox was pushing the stolen election for months and months before the actual election and that poo poo is basically hard wired to the outrage centers of what can generously be called their brains. If I were them, I'd probably think it was stolen too

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67512002

someone got stabbed and it set off a riot?

quote:

Vehicles have been set on fire and shops looted in Dublin following a knife attack that left five people, including three children, injured.

A five-year-old girl and a woman in her 30s were seriously hurt in the attack after 13:40 local time.

It happened on Parnell Square East in the city centre, outside the children's school Gaelscoil Choláiste Mhuire.

A man in his 40s who was also seriously injured is a person of interest, police said.

They added that they were not looking for any other people at this time and are following a definite line of inquiry.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Who the gently caress stabs a child, good chirst.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

From what I’m seeing a woman and three kids were attacked on the street by a knife wielding man in his 40s or 50s. The Irish Far Right took this up on social media and labeled him an other of some kind and claimed it was racially motivated. A mob formed to enact justice and the Guardia told them to gently caress off back home.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Apparently the perpetrator is an Irish citizen who lived in Ireland for 20 years, and not an asylum seeker as claimed which makes this whole affair even more stupid

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fragrag posted:

Apparently the perpetrator is an Irish citizen who lived in Ireland for 20 years, and not an asylum seeker as claimed which makes this whole affair even more stupid

The nativists in the streets now wouldn't consider a third generation Algerian family as Irish. It's an ethnic distinction.

Sane type of people who see Obama as a foreigner despite being born in the US. The birth certificate was always (poor) cover for complaints about skin color.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Speaking of stabbings, Derek Chauvin got shanked. American for-profit prison system sucks etc, but I don't feel too bad about this one.

https://apnews.com/article/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-prison-stabbing-f24cde6aa28877d034530c2dc40ef7ea

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Derek Chauvin is no angel.

He’s a convicted felon who hung out with a bad crowd.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I hope he gets great medical care and lives for a long, long time. In jail.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
leader in the clubhouse is happy shanksgiving

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Have you ever wondered what Dinosaurs lived in your area and thus would have been your friend growing up, well there's a website for that now: https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth

In NJ we have the Dryptosaurus, because we got that drip you know. I grew up in MN though, looks like they found a bunch of aquatic dinosaurs there. Maybe they would have liked the lakes. You can even change the globe by adjusting the time frame to see how the continents formed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wrong Theory posted:

Have you ever wondered what Dinosaurs lived in your area and thus would have been your friend growing up, well there's a website for that now: https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth

In NJ we have the Dryptosaurus, because we got that drip you know. I grew up in MN though, looks like they found a bunch of aquatic dinosaurs there. Maybe they would have liked the lakes. You can even change the globe by adjusting the time frame to see how the continents formed.

San Diego gets a cool ankylosaur (spiked-tailed armored boi) called Aletopelta I'd ride one to pick up burritos.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wrong Theory posted:

About 15 minutes from my house is a stream bank that has fossilized dinosaur tracks.

The wife and I spent about 2 hours there just freaking out at tracks. Highly recommend going to sites where you can see fossilized anything. Total nerdgasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I live about 45 min from Big Bone Lick, the buffalo trace where Thomas Jefferson Discovered Mastodon™

It's p cool