Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Baba Booey & the I want you back tape reaction saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ether Frenzy posted:

Baba Booey & the I want you back tape reaction saga

The entire, what, 2 hours (?) from hearing about it, to finding it, to gathering everyone around to watch it... Goddamn, it was perfect radio.

"Hello hello..."

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m a big fan of the High Pitch vs Joey Boots Craptacular but it is extra gross

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chicken Butt posted:

How dare you malign the genius inventor of the Video Caddy!

just wanted to quote this and say maloin. Thanks

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Artie vs The Hack Pack is 2 or 3 hours and is amazing.
Staff IQ tests
Anything with Jeff the Drunk
Anything with Stuttering John being bashed
The 9/11 and 9/12 shows
Crazy Cabbie insanity pack
KC goes crazy saga.
Robin late to her Cleveland book signing.
Gary puppet is stolen.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

An underrated segment is when they make fun of Gary for putting stools in his home theater. Anything with Gary getting picked on is good stuff, as he brings it in himself and it's entirely deserved. The entire Get John's Job saga is great too.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Szyznyk posted:

Uptight Jew,
That goddamned limo can be seen from the moon.

Aaaaahhh yes, also seconded

Speaking of Ronnie and cars, Ronnie's car show getting canceled is a pretty great bit too

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Any of the couple times Gilbert was in and they riffed of Kelsey Grammar’s wife having irritable bowel syndrome

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

The Robins Taley posted:

I recently broke my foot and as a consequence have had waaaaaaay too much free time. What is everyone’s all time favorite Stern moments? Help a fellow crippled goon out during this holiday season.

Sorry about the foot and congrats on lighting a fire under this thread. My votes are all repeats, but:

Sal apology
Gary tape
ETM, specifically Artie and In Plain Slight sagas
Evil Dave, especially later and his PSAs
Anything Riley Martin, but totally him drunk on his own show or people trolling him and E-Ron
SS Mund
John the Stutterer
Sal and Richard prank calling anything (but mostly Swap and Shop shows)

Oh, and anything Beet but especially his first big appearance at the AFAs

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
a few I haven't seen mentioned ill contribute

Sal wanting to have a sleepover at Howard's apartment
Jackie's Dead Cat Timmy
KC's Polygraph Test with Ed Torrian
KC does stand up comedy (YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE?)
ETM Real Doll
Jackie shows up to work late drunk and takes a breathalyzer
Battle of the Blobs staff weight loss competition
Stuttering John's Tonight Show Audition Tape
Scott the Engineer agreeing to anal for $250,000

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

mannerup posted:

KC does stand up comedy (YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE?)

“I hate Jackie and Fred”

KC had the best line in the bit. He also scored big in the divorce roast.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
KC's "legal pyramid" is a good one too

also I just wanted to say Beer League sucked poo poo, it was in 18 theaters and did $250,000, I could poo poo that outta my rear end

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The 59th Street Bridge Song is on the radio and all I can hear is "Baba Booey!"

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Some excellent recommendations, this thread has taste!

Mexican Radio posted:

Any of the couple times Gilbert was in and they riffed of Kelsey Grammar’s wife having irritable bowel syndrome

I'm a whore for anything Gilbert. I've never added it all up, but I have all of his appearances.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Robin late to her Cleveland book signing.

Deep cut, love it.

Let me add, the time that Robin did not feel that her birthday had been Properly Celebrated.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Anytime Robin walks off the show is great radio.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
add the shitgate saga and pretty much all of high pitch mike vs. the Howard 101 news team (trip to disney during gay week, the TV in his apartment, etc) to the list of classic bits to listen to. all of these in the thread should be easy enough to find posted somewhere too which is nice

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

an infamous and historical bit is the Rainbow Room incident which is the most pissed off Fred has ever been on the show, causing him to quit and walk off the show temporarily. one of Howard's cruelest moments instigating the drama and fanning the flames live on the show

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

mannerup posted:

an infamous and historical bit is the Rainbow Room incident which is the most pissed off Fred has ever been on the show, causing him to quit and walk off the show temporarily. one of Howard's cruelest moments instigating the drama and fanning the flames live on the show

Fred had some real anger issues back in the day.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
i wanna know what fred is

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hi Fred

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cookie Puss is pretty great

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Squashy Nipples posted:

Some excellent recommendations, this thread has taste!

I'm a whore for anything Gilbert. I've never added it all up, but I have all of his appearances.

Deep cut, love it.

Let me add, the time that Robin did not feel that her birthday had been Properly Celebrated.

To me the best part of the Cleveland book signing discussion is about 15 minutes in you find out Robin was in Cleveland the night BEFORE the book signing and was late for a next day 1pm event.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Jackie reading passages in Robin's voice was good. Wasn't half her book made up anyway?

Oh! The staff revelations during the 1st Sirius shows

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Anything from those early Sirius shows is pretty good. Pranking George Takei was great.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I’d like to add some too. The Sirius years are relatively weak compared to the below, even though I liked the first three years at Sirius

Jesus Twins
Calistra “the dead daughter” Zipper (circa 1998/1999), it was on Halloween
Gilbert vs the German Jew (Amy Heckerling’s nanny, should be three different appearances)
the Cardozo hotel! or the episode w Jackie getting celebrity autographs
Mr T appearance where he wanted to kick Howard’s rear end

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There is also the one where Mr T shows up to try and get a TV show on the air where he is a mediator, so Artie completely infuriates Beet and Mr T has to try and calm him down and it doesn't work.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Honestly, you can throw a dart at any random day/show from 1993-2008 and you will probably find something great.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

How is Sirius still around anyway? My only guess is they collect a ton of user info via the infotainment units in cars and sell that to 3rd parties.

https://siriusxmclassaction.ca/

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 25, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

How is Sirius still around anyway? My only guess is they collect a ton of user info via the infotainment units in cars and sell that to 3rd parties.

Guys’ wives who won’t let them cancel it because of Disney radio and the 42 Christmas stations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
People who do long haul driving/uber drivers/other people who are in their vehicles all day presumably get plenty of use out of it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I have a business subscription for the music in my shop. Those 42 Christmas stations are a godsend if you actually have to listen to Christmas music all day.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They broadcast everything in sports and they have some good channels. Honestly it's a very impressive line up of content, but linear radio programming is just a dead format.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Jackie reading passages in Robin's voice was good. Wasn't half her book made up anyway?

I don't know how much is made up, but half the stuff in her book are things Robin thought about doing. Like she will have anecdotes about how she thought about becoming a stripper for about three seconds and never did it, or she thought about having sex in public but didn't follow through, etc. If your life is so uneventful that you have to list things you wanted to do but didn't, why do you deserve a book deal?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Former Human posted:

I don't know how much is made up, but half the stuff in her book are things Robin thought about doing. Like she will have anecdotes about how she thought about becoming a stripper for about three seconds and never did it, or she thought about having sex in public but didn't follow through, etc. If your life is so uneventful that you have to list things you wanted to do but didn't, why do you deserve a book deal?

Wasn't that also a huge part of Lisa G's terrible book?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Cliche Guevara posted:

the Cardozo hotel! or the episode w Jackie getting celebrity autographs
the celebrity autographs was Jackie having interns go up to celebrities after their interviews to have them sign joke notes he'd sent to Howard during the segment, favorite part of the segment was Jackie telling Howard he'd been doing it for a year and doesn't plan to stop which just infuriated him

Bonzo posted:

Oh! The staff revelations during the 1st Sirius shows
best part of that segment is how legitimately annoyed Artie got about all the other revelations (especially Howard and Robin) when he spoke about getting a load blown on his chest at an LA party

mannerup fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 26, 2023

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I don't think I've ever found a proper compilation of all of Richard's pre-employment songs, just scattered about.
You know what I'm talking about, KC was his muse: GUYS GUYS GUYS

Those songs are pretty much the only thing universally loved by this thread.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I don't think I've ever found a proper compilation of all of Richard's pre-employment songs, just scattered about.
You know what I'm talking about, KC was his muse: GUYS GUYS GUYS

Those songs are pretty much the only thing universally loved by this thread.

Even a well known Richard hater such as myself find great joy in the gay KC songs.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipzCExsHCc

7 minutes of Gay KC goodness.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That's how I learned about rusty trombones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I have always loathed that drift away song but at least when I’m forced to hear it I can mentally replace the lyrics with Richard’s gay KC version and have a good laugh