Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

OneMoreTime posted:

Just as an FYI, that may not be visible to people without an account.

Also I guess this would explain that bizarre interview with HBO Sports except you'd think he would pick that one time not to be under the influence.

My bad lol I tried to post screenshots and felt like a boomer bc I was too stupid to figure it out. Luckily his publicist doesn't have his twitter password

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dorothy BLOODSAW sounds like wonderful woman.

https://twitter.com/jimirsay/status/1727466793000673713?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume by black mom he means like nanny?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I can't be racist! Some of my best employees are black!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

C-Euro posted:

Three Detroit teams in the bottom row, checks out. Didn't realize the Tigers were the best team in the city!

Here's a stat I just heard from Rich Eisen, in the calendar year of 2023:

Detroit Lions: 10 wins (in 12 games)
Detroit Pistons: 9 wins (in 58 games)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Uncle Jim's Cabin

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

Blackout Wednesday must be on a totally different level when you are a billionaire.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

You can really make some demented results with the playoff machine this week. I present: the League Parity result.

This one was: start at week 12, pick whichever team has the losing record to win. If the teams have the same record, the home team gets the win. Then apply to each week until the end. Then go back and tweak it a bit until everyone is either 9-8 or 8-9.

Oddly, the NFC doesn't change much in terms of who is in. The AFC though...lol.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao Jim Irsay is allowed in public spaces

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Android Apocalypse made this in the chat thread, and it belongs here

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The angle is cocaine

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe the man who selected Jeff Saturday as a head coach might be a bit crazy.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Did...did Jim Irsay's family have a slave?

according to Colin Kaepernick he still has a whole bunch of them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i just wish jeff saturday had been allowed to coach more games on saturday. his one chance was the insane vikings comeback. what if every game would have been like that?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

For posterity

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that man is coked to the gill slits

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Def adding 'beloved buddy of Dorthy Bloodsaw' to my resumé

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Benjamin Disraeli posted:

Blackout Wednesday must be on a totally different level when you are a billionaire.

When did Blackout Wednesday become a thing? I always thought it was Blackout Black Friday.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Pretty sure Irsay has been blacked out for the past fifteen years.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kalli posted:

Android Apocalypse made this in the chat thread, and it belongs here

"Next: the Bat God" makes this.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Pretty sure Irsay has been blacked out for the past fifteen years.

I knew a guy in college in 2010 who dated one of irsay's daughters, with photo proof, and he said the amount of coke that man took was astronomical then so that tracks yup

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is Irsay friends or enemies of James Dolan?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dre Greenlaw considers venison as a must-have Thanksgiving side dish. That is all.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Treating alcoholism or any addiction like a disease you're born with, instead of a personal failing, is a very accurate take and is harm reduction. I have no idea what Bryant Gumbel actually said but Irsay is correct, it would radically improve things if we all started thinking that way.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 24, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens can't just have something. The 2000 defense sets a points record? No the Titans are actually the #1 defense. Geno Stone leads the league in interceptions no this other guy Bland from Dallas has more and TDs also. A Ravens(and others) player holds the record for INT-TDs now this same Dallas guy is going to break that. We can't just have anything. There has to be some asterisk or someone one-upping us in the end.

Another one Jamal Lewis breaks the single game rushing record with 295? Well Adrian Peterson breaks it a few years later with 298. That's Brian Billick's fault though for not keeping him in the game for those last plays and getting over 300.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 24, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
what

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Do not engage. There is no winning here.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Oh neat, Bland already got the Pick Six record? Remember the broadcast saying he was tied with a bunch of other players last week when he pulled that off.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

If your defensive records from almost a quarter of a century ago can’t hold up despite all the changes favoring offense since then, then they were mediocre records to begin with.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

King Hong Kong posted:

If your defensive records from almost a quarter of a century ago can’t hold up despite all the changes favoring offense since then, then they were mediocre records to begin with.

wins 2 super bowls
BUT THAT GUY HAS A RECORD

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens can't just have something. The 2000 defense sets a points record? No the Titans are actually the #1 defense. Geno Stone leads the league in interceptions no this other guy Bland from Dallas has more and TDs also. A Ravens(and others) player holds the record for INT-TDs now this same Dallas guy is going to break that. We can't just have anything. There has to be some asterisk or someone one-upping us in the end.

Another one Jamal Lewis breaks the single game rushing record with 295? Well Adrian Peterson breaks it a few years later with 298. That's Brian Billick's fault though for not keeping him in the game for those last plays and getting over 300.

Ravens have the record for most years coached by Harbaugh. I dont think any other team will break that hth.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I was at the game where Rod Woodson broke Ken Houston's record for INT-TDs in 2001 against the Indianapolis Colts so that has meaning to me and it annoys me to see some random low draft pick that's not on the Ravens get halfway there in one single season. And also eclipse my own team's low draft pick with lots of INTs this year. So that's why I hope Bland is just a flash in the pan and he regresses to mediocrity and his career flatlines. That's also why I'm glad the Browns can't beat the 2000 Ravens points record now cause they gave up too many to the Ravens and Colts. Even though I think that lots of defenses are better than the 2000 Ravens(including the 2006 Ravens) and they just had the right strength against the right teams but they were still a great unit just not actually the greatest ever. But the record still stands and I still have that one but even that was hurt by the Titans being the #1 defense in yards that year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cool

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh another one Reed breaks the record for INT return yards in a season in 2004 only for Darren Sharper another safety even to come back and break it in 2009 at like 33 or 34 years old. That one pissed me off because I didn't even know about it till a couple years ago when I went to check what Reed's record was for that only to find this crap. I was at that game too where Reed got that against Miami.

I just looked and the one before Reed in 2004 was set in 1961. So theirs got to last 43 years. Reed's lasted 5 to a 34 year old player who ended up disgraced anyway.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 24, 2023

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Maybe it's because the Ravens are historically mediocre.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

At least we have 2131, the most unbreakable record in sports.

In news, Zay Flowers DNP yesterday with a hip. My views are: :(

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

At least we have 2131, the most unbreakable record in sports.

In news, Zay Flowers DNP yesterday with a hip. My views are: :(

I know I hope its just some dumb thing that heals up. I think we've been using him a lot better the last couple games.

Also its 2632 and yes thats not beatable in the current era. The real record was from a Japanese player in like the 2400s or something that he broke later.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

So that's why I hope Bland is just a flash in the pan and he regresses to mediocrity and his career flatlines.

I know he's a Cowboy but still, that's kinda hosed up.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I was at the game where Rod Woodson broke Ken Houston's record for INT-TDs in 2001 against the Indianapolis Colts so that has meaning to me and it annoys me to see some random low draft pick that's not on the Ravens get halfway there in one single season. And also eclipse my own team's low draft pick with lots of INTs this year. So that's why I hope Bland is just a flash in the pan and he regresses to mediocrity and his career flatlines.

I hope that dude has a good career and your deranged approach to sports fandom flatlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
"Uh, hi, TFF. I've been doing some thinking, and I've got some ideas to improve the forum. I got it right here. One, The Ravens needs to be louder, angrier, and hold all the records. Two, whenever The Ravens [are] not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's the Ravens"? Three--"