Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

decided to try a chili with beans in it after a conversation in a group chat. pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
If the chili itself is the meal, beans are appropriate.
If the chili is a topping, leave out the beans.

Glad this could be settled once and for all

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

shazbot posted:

If the chili itself is the meal, beans are appropriate.
If the chili is a topping, leave out the beans.

Glad this could be settled once and for all

Eloquently put. :hai:

Actually, the best chili I ever made happened to be a vegetarian one.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Eloquently put. :hai:

Actually, the best chili I ever made happened to be a vegetarian one.

my department chair makes a killer sweet potato chili. i ultimately prefer without beans and with actual chunks of meat, but this was easy and delightful, even if crockpots all run too hot now

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Did I post my shirt rib chili in here last month? Because that ruled.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Tonight we had pizza. When I eat the leftovers tomorrow that will be four days, or six straight meals (not counting breakfast), of pizza in a row. I regret nothing.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

lamb n sweet poter stew. pitas. etc

Dude I do this with leftover stew and burritos: You gotta add more cornstarch to the stew once it's warmed up, then hit the tortilla with green chilies and cheddar cheese. Pita never crossed my mind but it is superior to the burrito format for this.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lmao I'm loving dead

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

lmao I'm loving dead

Bruh you have a certain quality to uphold in here

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

dog it was loving delicious

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

the turkey was smoked. the mac n cheese is still and feta. the other food was good as well

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Tell that to the pictures

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i did

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sous vide breast and thigh with oven crisped skin via the Kenji method. Mushroom gravy and turkey gravy. Green beans. Mashed taters. Apple dressing. Sautéed wild mushrooms.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

we did turkey, stuffing, and all the typical trimmings. but as this is my first thanksgiving as a diabetic, I grabbed the rediwhip and sang "Dia-bee-tees!" at the top of my lungs while I piled it on my extremely tiny piece of pie. If I die, I die full of canned sweetened air.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A whole rear end turkey

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ribeye, corn on the cob, mashed Yukon golds, Hawaiian rolls and stuffing

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Prime rib, eggplant parm, with the usual sides of mashed potatoes, roasted root vegetables, asparagus, and a gravy that owned as I made a real glacé in preparation.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Wait, it's Thanksgiving over there, isn't? I made some pretty ugly and trashy (but tasty!) food myself.

Onions, garlic, paprika and dried chillies in this too. Also cumin and a few cloves. Sweetened with honey. My kitchen really needs a deep clean.

Not pictured - Bacon and eggs sizzling on a freshly washed pan.

Valko fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 24, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

How was the 5 bean salad component? I love that poo poo but never make it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This is called "Taco pie", a nordic perversion of mexican or tex mex food. Browned ground beef with onions with some "mexican" spice mix in the bottom of the pie shell, then chopped tomatoes, then creme fraiche and mayo mix over that, then topped with cheese.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I honestly couldn't tell you. I poured it into a sieve to wash the dressing off before I added it to the sauce. I like beans but I don't like them cold. I wasn't expecting corn to be in it.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

This is called "Taco pie", a nordic perversion of mexican or tex mex food.

:taco::cripes:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Corn? When did I eat corn?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Yeah we did as we pleased with the word

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Does anyone have a cornbread recipe that's not too sweet or cake like?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

honestly follow the recipe on the bag if it looks like this

then throw in a can of creamed corn, a bunch of broken up cheddar (a lot (a bunch)), and jalapenos to taste. descending in order of importance, tho i definitely prefer all three

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hell Martha White has that basic one on her bags

but she's bullshitting with the shredded cheddar. you want chunks if you want to taste it and if you'd like it to form violent cheddar chasms that crisp against the pan

both are bullshitting with the cooking spray. you've got olive oil in the recipe. just use some in the pan and make sure you've got it coated

i like red mill mix but they're all about the same. it's corn bread. it doesn't need a boujee brand

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

OK cool thanks, I don't know poo poo about it but tried a couple well rated recipes and it was almost like dessert

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

yeah, the True Southern Method is whatever is on the bag + some other stuff thrown in.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I'm definitely frying chicken and making (my spouse make) cornbread soon. thank you

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

yeah, the True Southern Method is whatever is on the bag + some other stuff thrown in.

Your cooking style, your love of food. Your username and avatar.

Can't believe it took me this long to figure out you're a Cajun.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Valko posted:

Your cooking style, your love of food. Your username and avatar.

Can't believe it took me this long to figure out you're a Cajun.

lol

(I'm not but it's official lore now. my username came from an admin username change thread a long time ago. my old one sucked because i was a teenager when i came up w it)

made a shepherd's pie w lamb and Brussels. harissa spice on the lamb, rosemary and thyme on the Brussels, dill and rosemary in the potatoes, feta in the filling and potatoes. leftover feta mac from Tgiving.

i should've used fewer potatoes for a thinner top layer but it was my first time. not as great as i had hoped but i winged it. curious about a sweet potato one now, tho

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I forgot to post my thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, two types of stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, green bean casserole (I made that one). Also a dinner roll and a pumpkin roll thing. And of course deviled eggs and ham/pickle rolls (aka Wisconsin sushi).

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Roast beef brisket salad.

I had a head of gem lettuce that needed to be used. There's scallions, capers, black olives and cornichons in there. Also half a small onion and a cloves of chinese garlic that I fried until just soft with a teaspoon of parika. Dressed it with olive oil and white wine vineger. Added a little bit of grated parmesan on top.

I'll go easier on the vinegar next time. Maybe add some cherry tomatoes.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i made some biscuits but I'm eating most of them tomorrow. i could've just made them tomorrow but i had The Urge, and everyone else was napping. we're having French toast tonight

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

told you

used croissant bread for it too. it's good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Short rib chili with kidney and black beans. First time I’ve ever used those canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and good thing I tasted before adding because those don’t mess around. Jalapeño cornbread on the side.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Short rib chili with kidney and black beans. First time I’ve ever used those canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and good thing I tasted before adding because those don’t mess around. Jalapeño cornbread on the side.

Hell yeah! Those peppers really kick chili into high gear, but def only need a few of them and some of the sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah that's a gently caress around and find out little can