Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

I am going to expand on this comment a bit more. JSN looks very good and I think he will have a great career as an NFL WR, hopefully for the Seahawks, but who knows. Lockett has been underrated for years and is statistically the second best WR in franchise history behind one of the all time best in the game. JSN living up to your hopes would be great, but ???

Yeah maybe the OP just does not respect Lockett or something. Tyler has been an incredible WR, an elite playmaker, and vastly underrated for most of his career. Tyler routinely put up numbers even when there were minimal other offensive weapons so the defenses would focus on him. He’s in the back half of his career and he is declining rather gracefully.

JSN, on the other hand, seems to be an okay third option. But a not insignificant amount of his production is from plays manufactured specifically to get him the ball. He has easier targets than Lockett and has a worse catch %, yards per reception, etc. Yeah he’s a rookie but the dude looks mid.

Three things:
1. Being mid and producing ~700 yards as a third option is not terrible. That’s a useful role player for a team.
2. Maybe the op meant that JSN will be better than Lockett in the near future, rather than JSN having a better career than Lockett.
3. PCJS suck at drafting so JSN being at least a good role player is a pleasant surprise.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dutchy posted:

small sample size etc on Brock but Jimmy, your deep ball, woof

The TD to Aiyuk was 42 yards in the air. Jimmy G doesn't have Aiyuk in his reads on that play, let alone attempt that pass, if Shanahan even has that route installed this week. There are QBs who complete passes with more air under them, but again, small sample size. Purdy has a lot of arm and might have more than he showed on that pass.

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah I know they're high on Brown but I'm definitely worried about him being picked on by good offences the rest of the way

Losing Hufonga sucks. Brown can ball, but he is 100% going to get burned a few times while he grows into the role. Experience isn't free, in the NFL, at safety, you pay yards and points for it.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Comparing Lockett to JSN is just a staggering level of disrespect for Lockett lol.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

mllaneza posted:

The TD to Aiyuk was 42 yards in the air. Jimmy G doesn't have Aiyuk in his reads on that play, let alone attempt that pass, if Shanahan even has that route installed this week. There are QBs who complete passes with more air under them, but again, small sample size. Purdy has a lot of arm and might have more than he showed on that pass.

Jimmy might attempt it but it goes ten yards OOB

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it just me, or have the niners lost nearly every coin flip this year? I think they won 1, maybe 2 at the most.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao Seahawks lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on the division, Niners

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Downside:
Seahawks offense still total garbage
My DVR decided to record the game in Spanish

Upside:
My wife made a killer chicken mole for Thanksgiving
I have a couple of hours to play Spider Man 2 instead of watching whatever the hell this is

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 24, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
this is absolutely pathetic

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Disagree, it loving rules

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
One of my friends is legitimately trying to argue Geno over Purdy and I just can't, not with how he's playing right now.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

MakaVillian posted:

Further proof that Niners fans don't like good football.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

One of my friends is legitimately trying to argue Geno over Purdy and I just can't, not with how he's playing right now.

To be fair, Geno is hurt. He shouldn't be out there.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
nah we do i enjoy it immensely when the hawks get pulverized.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

It's quite obvious.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

To be fair, Geno is hurt. He shouldn't be out there.

Nah, Geno is actually not very good.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lifespan posted:

Nah, Geno is actually not very good.

It can be both.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Lifespan posted:

but the niners are playing good football??

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Manoueverable posted:

In 2011, someone I knew in real life furiously tried to argue with me that Mark Sanchez was a top 5 QB and could not be convinced otherwise.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nervous posted:

It can be both.

Yes it can.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

King Hong Kong posted:

In 2011, someone I knew in real life furiously tried to argue with me that Mark Sanchez was a top 5 QB and could not be convinced otherwise.

Is that person a mental patient?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

King Hong Kong posted:

I mean I like butts as the next person but yikes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's a top 5 Jets QB, that's as far as I'll go

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Is that person a mental patient?

He was a consultant at BCG last I checked so more or less the same thing.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

The most hosed up thing said in this thread so far. True, but hosed up man.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Whoof.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I hope the Seahawks draft Penix. It is the end of the :geno: :smith: era it feels like, and Drew Lock is obviously not it. I'm aware I was the guy saying the Seahawks had a shot at the division (which was true at the time!) but I have to agree that this team looks like it might lose out and miss the playoffs with how they're playing and their strength of schedule. Yeesh.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah this went about how I expected, lol

GG Niners

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Every facet of the Seahawks is absolutely terrible from coordinators to every position group on the field. Hurtt is an awful DC for the amount of talent we have, Waldron can't scheme guys open for poo poo, our star players don't perform at all except Bobby Wagner, it's just all absolute poo poo. I loving hate watching this team.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hopefully Buffalo wins this weekend. If so, next week will be very interesting.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

Every facet of the Seahawks is absolutely terrible from coordinators to every position group on the field. Hurtt is an awful DC for the amount of talent we have, Waldron can't scheme guys open for poo poo, our star players don't perform at all except Bobby Wagner, it's just all absolute poo poo. I loving hate watching this team.

Niners offense isn't poo poo. One missed tackle turns into 8+ to yards and that's literally every person capable of carrying the ball.

It's not the DC.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Manoueverable posted:

:bisonyes:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Manoueverable posted:

The defense played fine, they were just on the field constantly because the offense and ST poo poo themselves all over the place, per usual. I would call for Waldron to go but this is more of a consistent issue with Pete OCs. I think it's about time for the old man to hang it up.

The Niners have maximized their talent and look great. They're going to do this to all kinds of teams. But the Hawks needed everything to break right to survive this brutal stretch and instead everything has just broken.

e. searching for a silver lining, this team DOES have a lot more talent than two years ago. JSN looks cool and Witherspoon is a loving baller. Plus they haven't had their rookie RT in since week 1 and the LT has played well since healing up. If they bring in someone new they'll have a good foundation. But I'm finally in the "Pete retire" camp, this is pretty played out.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 24, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mmm... roast seahawk for Thanksgiving.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Not sure what the idea was behind starting an injured Geno in a game they couldn't possibly win, especially after a short week. Man's arm is going to explode.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lmao Kittle sharing some turkey with the crowd

Love to see it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Mmm... roast seahawk for Thanksgiving.

Four more birds. Two are trash tier carrion feeders, do not recommend eating.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
lol VVG's av is Pete's last birthday cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shirts and skins posted:

lol VVG's av is Pete's last birthday cake

It's also a visual metaphor for the Seahawks' season.