Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you know who else shut down news media for being defeatist?

Ukraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Lychnis posted:

That's a pretty big deal. Haaretz is one of the top newspapers in Israel -- it has either the second or the third largest circulation -- and is considered the paper of record by most international readers. It's not like they're going after some small tabloid here.

it definitelty screams "I'm not owned" corncob energy when you have to start shutting down your version of the guardian for saying that maybe you didnt do an effective job at killing kids.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lychnis posted:

That's a pretty big deal. Haaretz is one of the top newspapers in Israel -- it has either the second or the third largest circulation -- and is considered the paper of record by most international readers. It's not like they're going after some small tabloid here.

Isn't Haaretz a mouthpiece of the administration as well? Or am I thinking of another paper?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this looks to me like its more like ordering the military and the executive branch to unsubscribe to the amazon washington post in a temper tantrum, as well as pulling ad money for propaganda lol

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

bedpan posted:

Isn't Haaretz a mouthpiece of the administration as well? Or am I thinking of another paper?

all western newspapers are mouthpieces of the administration, sometimes to shore up their credibility they run a piece on page 3 that counters the official narrative for topics currently deemed not that important

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

haaretz, don't it?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

bedpan posted:

Nah, haaretz gets interviews because they're big. But they tend to be about as pro-palestine as hebrew language media gets.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

bedpan posted:

Haaretz is the Guardian of israel, imagine a psycho killer grabbing a liberal off the streets of london/new york, skinning and peeling off his/her/their face then wearing it on top of its own face like a rag. thats Haaretz.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stumblebum posted:

<Al-Aqsa08> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
<Al-Aqsa08> ********* see!
<IronDumb> hitler2
<IronDumb> doesnt look like stars to me

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

nah think of haaretz as like the guardian or slightlier-left NYT or der spiegel. in the context of israel it's zionist but critical

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Do you think cum_cummandos.xls is safe from Hamas :ohdear:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol this is the paper that wrote that "Dear BLM Activists, We Israelis Also Can’t Breathe" opinion piece last month.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Haaretz is the Guardian of israel, imagine a psycho killer grabbing a liberal off the streets of london/new york, skinning and peeling off his/her/their face then wearing it on top of its own face like a rag. thats Haaretz.

lol good description

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i say swears online posted:

nah think of haaretz as like the guardian or slightlier-left NYT or der spiegel. in the context of israel it's zionist but critical

Speleothing posted:

Nah, haaretz gets interviews because they're big. But they tend to be about as pro-palestine as hebrew language media gets.

Al-Saqr posted:

thanks!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

stumblebum posted:

<IronDumb> hitler2

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The houthis should bring the Galaxy first or whatever it's name is to the flotilla

They should have their cigarette boats guard the other ships.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

halal xi leader

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When I see this photo, I truly know what evil looks like... disgusting...

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Weka posted:

Is there any reason to think the videos Israel has released of these tunnels are the ones they constructed? I would think if that was the case they would simply have an uninterrupted shot from the hospital grounds to the tunnel. It seems likely to me that's just one Hamas tunnel they have managed to secure, which they have jammed a similar (or the same) stair as exists in that tunnel entrance in the Al-Shifa complex entrance they showed earlier.

Everything I can find suggests that the basement they built was just an ordinary hospital basement so if anyone has anything suggesting something else I would appreciate it. Here's a photo Ynet (Israeli news) claims is from said basement.

that looks like the basement in many municipal and industrial buildings I've seen in the US. I used to work for a factory that was part of an extensive complex of related factories and warehouses that were linked up by tunnels. You could go from one place to the other totally underground. There were plenty of side chambers too. If you are already building a network of tunnels, why not build a few rooms along with it? Since all the utilities (sewer, water, gas, electric, steam, etc.) are already running through the tunnels, why not give those rooms full services?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Yeah, it literally just looks like one of these underground hallways in the university I work at.

tbh I'm kinda pleasantly surprised they just let him talk for so long and that Piers didn't interrupt him.

Lychnis
Jul 22, 2015

Flowers are beautiful, and smell nice.

Al-Saqr posted:

A very apt description!

But yeah, it's definitely establishment, although it's on the left/liberal end of what passes in Israel for acceptable mainstream political thought. Maybe like a cross between the Guardian and the NY Times -- it was the first Israeli newspaper, so it has that same sense of pedigree and gravitas and self-importance that the NYT has, even if it's no longer at the center of the political spectrum.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The truce has officially begun

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1727915584040444376?s=20

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Problem solved :unsmith:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

moths posted:

Nothing like this has happened in the history of warfare; They not only doxxed the enemy, they did it right before a ceasefire.

Hamas having your home address and Tinder headshots is some serious incentive to keep the peace.

lol the west doesn’t even know what war means anymore

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

stumblebum posted:

<IronDumb> hitler2

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Centrist Committee posted:

lol the west doesn’t even know what war means anymore

that’s convenient because they don’t know what diplomacy is either

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Slightly optimistic but very tentative :toot:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

bedpan posted:

it's about as critical as you're going to find. this is pretty much the terminus for israel's chosen politics. a complete cannibalization of civil society and institutions.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Time to unstick the thread

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

full laugh out loud chortles imagining hillary photoshopped into this. obviously the hillary pic where she is seeing an apartment kitchen with a plant in the sink and looking like a baffled sasquatch. thank you.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mission accomplished

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

full laugh out loud chortles imagining hillary photoshopped into this. obviously the hillary pic where she is seeing an apartment kitchen with a plant in the sink and looking like a baffled sasquatch. thank you.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

stumblebum posted:

<IronDumb> hitler2

:yosnice:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Weka posted:

Is there any reason to think the videos Israel has released of these tunnels are the ones they constructed? I would think if that was the case they would simply have an uninterrupted shot from the hospital grounds to the tunnel. It seems likely to me that's just one Hamas tunnel they have managed to secure, which they have jammed a similar (or the same) stair as exists in that tunnel entrance in the Al-Shifa complex entrance they showed earlier.

Everything I can find suggests that the basement they built was just an ordinary hospital basement so if anyone has anything suggesting something else I would appreciate it. Here's a photo Ynet (Israeli news) claims is from said basement.

needs hamas chasing the idf through the doors scooby doo style

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

mission accomplished

lol of loving course

news loves their countdown timers

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

:patriot:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/nour_odeh/status/1727813924211577073

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The aljazeera reporter who lost his whole family to the israelis is now reporting on the ceasfire in Khan Younis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQON7ghHf0I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I would not put it above Israel to pull some horrible poo poo in broad daylight in the ceasefire, though it's almost certainly guaranteed to backfire on them like everything else has.