Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

many people are saying our armee is the grandest, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the lying hapsburgs have been very unfair to me

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I like the parts of War and Peace where Tolstoy calls out Napoleon as a stupid lucky bitch. Powerful Mao: The Unknown Story vibes.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

dr_rat posted:

I really don't like Snyder, but honestly it was a great reply in that it did exactly what it was intended to do, stop the conversation in a very diplomatic way. I'm reasonably sure Snyder knew it included him, but just wisely didn't want the argument, as would be one of those arguing, just by arguing you look bad.
Not like you were gonna get Scorsese to go "Nah, I specifically also meant Snyder, hell, particularly!"

QUEER FRASIER posted:

I was excited for Napoleon until I read that the NYT’s movie critic loved it and thoight the portrayal of napoleon would be familiar to people tired of dealing with trump’s antics lmao
I feel like they're probably too stupid to not get that read about any (popular) male politician they've been told they're supposed to dislike.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the Napoleon cuck film

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Tolstoy rises from his grave.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the princess and the frog

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Haven't seen Napoleon yet and probably won't until the 4-hour cut is released, but I agree with whomever said itt that the best bio-pics are those that have contempt for their subject matter (see: I'm Not There)

You will like Napoleon then.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
will not be seeing napoleon as i have already watched bill and teds excellent adventure like six times

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

will not be seeing napoleon as i have already watched bill and teds excellent adventure like six times
you won't get a genghis khan biopic if you don't support the other movies in the bill and ted cinematic universe

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

quick someone get mad tv back on the air and Jon Heder on the phone

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

QUEER FRASIER posted:

I was excited for Napoleon until I read that the NYT’s movie critic loved it and thoight the portrayal of napoleon would be familiar to people tired of dealing with trump’s antics lmao

Difference is Napoleon actually rewarded loyalty, I'm pretty sure

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
make a toussaint louverture or jean jacques dessalines biopic without turning it into a dumb lib thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

make a toussaint louverture or jean jacques dessalines biopic without turning it into a dumb lib thing

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Echo Chamber posted:

Supposedly Danny Glover's been trying to get a Haitian Revolution movie made his whole career but obviously no studio wants to fund it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the budget is $10m to casting, staffing and expenses, $100m to reparation payments to france

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this one's dece, thanks bing

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
boots riley should do it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

indigi posted:

there is no coherent reading of Napoleon's life where he isn't an insecure and petty little poo poo, and probably unlikable, but that doesn't in any way diminish his nearly unrivaled political and military achievements. he's on a tier where the only other members are Genghis Khan and Cyrus. if you want to be generous, you can throw in Alexander and Muhammad.

You don't invade and conquer other countries if you're a perfectly aane person. Svein Forked Beard for example probably conquered England, Danmark, Sweden and Norway because he had daddy issues.

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021
I watched the Napoleon movie and I feel like the thing that will stick with me the most is Napoleon’s horny noises. Like, the noises he make when we wants to have sex with his wife.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i say swears online posted:

crooked count metternich wants to send me to elba folks! little tiny elba! not very nice!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
are you still a believer in Cult of the Supreme Being? because at 28, that’s marginal, right?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/EduardHabsburg/status/1727205831265939639

the napoleon kid doesn't seem to be on twitter. but it looks like there's a new napoleon born last year, maybe he'll tweet endlessly about past glory someday.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Broadlybrowsing posted:

I watched the Napoleon movie and I feel like the thing that will stick with me the most is Napoleon’s horny noises. Like, the noises he make when we wants to have sex with his wife.

Mahp Mahp Mahp

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Jack hammering my wife for fifteen seconds while we're both fully clothed then congratulating myself on my good work that will surely get me an heir

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

The best sex scenes involve references to the Bhagavad Gita.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Jack hammering my wife for fifteen seconds while we're both fully clothed then congratulating myself on my good work that will surely get me an heir

This is how you know the guy is barely even French

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

:wrong:

Tell your roommate they were right and I don't care how old the post I'm quoting is.

I can't he died in a motorcycle crash last year

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Broadlybrowsing posted:

that feels like it would be the one historically accurate detail that ridley scott made sure to put into the movie

even if historians say it's false they will find a letter hidden away somewhere in 5 years and it will say some poo poo about boney making his little noises

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

:wrong:

Tell your roommate they were right and I don't care how old the post I'm quoting is.

Sorry. What I meant to say was, The Departed is like if Infernal Affairs was good

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Durf posted:

Napoleon's tomb is very cool and insane and a fitting tribute to his life

i liked all the murals circling the place with him pointing at all the cool poo poo he did

it's so goofy and cringe when they portray George Washington like this but it works for Napoleon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

War and Pieces posted:

it's so goofy and cringe when they portray George Washington like this but it works for Napoleon

Napoleon wasn't pretending to be humble.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQSG7U-MKs

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Whirling posted:

TrueAnon goes into how pervasive sex-related blackmailing as a strategy seems to be in the intelligence agencies and political bodies of the world, and it feels like frats and sororities are training people to be adjusted to that situation.

thinking about how when trump was first told about the piss tape thing by spooks he barely even noticed because it sounded like an example of something that was obviously made up and that his learning in subsequent months that this was actually a very serious intelligence briefing he was supposed to be paying attention to and it was dereliction of duty for him to blow it off was probably a major factor in trump turning hard against the entire concept of the deep state during his presidency having barely ever even thought about it during the campaign

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so the soviets were a selfish top

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Mola Yam posted:

https://twitter.com/EduardHabsburg/status/1727205831265939639

the napoleon kid doesn't seem to be on twitter. but it looks like there's a new napoleon born last year, maybe he'll tweet endlessly about past glory someday.

Game of thrones isn't historical fiction goddamn

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

A Buttery Pastry posted:

you won't get a genghis khan biopic if you don't support the other movies in the bill and ted cinematic universe

we need a limited series about sir james martin and the faith no more spiritual and theological center

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Blood Boils posted:

Game of thrones isn't historical fiction goddamn
it's an extremely unfaithful adaption of Historiae Romanae and Historia Augusta actually

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's an extremely unfaithful adaption of Historiae Romanae and Historia Augusta actually

I thought it was based on the War of the Roses, with Starks and Lannisters being House Lancaster and York and Westeros literally being inverted British Isles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The dothraki are germanics, clearly

White walkers are perfidious swedes