Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Alaois posted:

I think Jay White has won literally every single G1 match he's ever won with a nutshot

Haha well, fair enough lol. I still hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jay White in the finals of a G1 pillmanized Ibushi's ankle the previous day and Gedo ran in during the match to help him as well. He still lost.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this is a 2005 wwf tier shirt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Jay White in the finals of a G1 pillmanized Ibushi's ankle the previous day and Gedo ran in during the match to help him as well. He still lost.

are you tellin me Jay White lost to

a one legged man?????

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alaois posted:

are you tellin me Jay White lost to

a one legged man?????

It's funny how the subtleties can make either something great or absolutely cringe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

kalensc posted:

In the meantime, your Gold League Round-Robin rankings and match picks were:

Thank you! Now I can gently caress up without any possible excuse!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qc7bER86xU

MJF is such a loving nerd. Also seems to be in a bit of pain. :stare: Putting over Hook, Garcia.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They HAVE to be getting ready to belt him up, right? He was monstrously over on Dynamite, and it feels like he isn't even close to his ceiling.

post hole digger posted:

this is a 2005 wwf tier shirt.

There's been a few of those recently, but some of their even recent shirts are great. Once again it raises the question of how these shirts are designed. Do the wrestlers work with whatever designers they like, then hand the designs over PWTees?

Exhibit A: Great shirt

Exhibit B: "don't buy that. you can never wear that."

And then there's a bunch of wrestlers who just do the generic wrestler name picture shirts.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 24, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Silver/Hobbs for the next tag team mystery partners tournament as 2 Jacked Black Guys please Tony

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I hope MJF is champ for another 2 years

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God it is so difficult to make this work with the standings already predicted I've hosed this up so badly :lol:

Edit:

So long as the fact I've already gotten predictions wrong doesn't get in the way, I think I've got this in the bag! :shepface:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 24, 2023

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Alan_Shore posted:

Just tired of nut shots in AEW.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037972&perpage=40&pagenumber=15&noseen=1#post536095439

Seams fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 24, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Fun show. Only original take I have is: Taz being a gigantic mark for Timeless Toni Storm cracks me up every time.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That one is the exception that proves the rule!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Pylons posted:

So why was it terrible when MJF beat him by cheating when Ibushi beat him (I'm assuming) through pure heart even though they both had the same injury? Why did Jay look good in one match and "weak" in the other? Sounds the same to me (perhaps even better in AEW cos MJF had to cheat to beat him)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it wasn't terrible.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

So why was it terrible when MJF beat him by cheating when Ibushi beat him (I'm assuming) through pure heart even though they both had the same injury? Why did Jay look good in one match and "weak" in the other? Sounds the same to me (perhaps even better in AEW cos MJF had to cheat to beat him)

I didn't watch the G1 but I bet they didnt wheel Ibushi out into an ambulance with him crying and screaming to his injured best friend to not let them take his tournament win, then later in the show have an interview about how the match wouldn't happen only for the best friend to say he'd wrestle while looking like a crippled hobo off the streets, and then during the main event keep teasing that the match you were going to see isn't going to happen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If anyone likes the MJF story stuff, you should check out NXT. Very similar vibes. Serious post.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shard posted:

I didn't watch the G1 but I bet they didnt wheel Ibushi out into an ambulance with him crying and screaming to his injured best friend to not let them take his tournament win, then later in the show have an interview about how the match wouldn't happen only for the best friend to say he'd wrestle while looking like a crippled hobo off the streets, and then during the main event keep teasing that the match you were going to see isn't going to happen.

He limps to the ring in obvious pain while commentary talk about his leg injury, he sells the leg all night and restricts his moveset, and during the match White's offense is entirely leg based, including smashing the leg with a chair, immediately following it with a dragon screw, then getting Ibushi in a Figure 4.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Genuinely though I still don’t understand why anyone who had ever seen a wrestling show before in their lives wouldn’t have seen ‘MJF is coming back’ coming from a mile away regardless of how much time was spent pushing ‘your main event is now Jay White vs a guy on crutches with his foot in a medical device’.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

History Comes Inside! posted:

Genuinely though I still don’t understand why anyone who had ever seen a wrestling show before in their lives wouldn’t have seen ‘MJF is coming back’ coming from a mile away regardless of how much time was spent pushing ‘your main event is now Jay White vs a guy on crutches with his foot in a medical device’.

something being predictable doesn't make it good

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn’t say it was good, I just said it was obvious that they weren’t about to screw everybody out of the advertised main event so that particular complaint is just a weird one to me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
i thought that the devil was going to take jay out too and the main event would be adam cole with his hosed foot versus the stray bullet juice robinson and his hosed back (get well soon juice). i also thought that a concussed sammy guevara would do a run in and hit a 450 splash right on his head.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i was ready for adam cole to super kick jay with his boot

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

They did, the MJF segment was an homage to it. More fake fans complaining about things they don't watch

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If MJF looked like a crippled hobo then I'm proud of him for overcoming adversity. Maybe have a little heart for the less fortunate

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Swerve/Farmer got the full five for those who like to know that crap

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

did i miss a dynamite with Jeff Farmer on it???

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

yea ok posted:

big :yeeclaw:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I just got sent a presale code for All In 2 (3?) but I'm not sure I'll take them up on it. Seems smarter to wait until closer to the date as prices will probably fall again.

yea ok posted:

Just 5 Dave?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Suplex Liberace posted:

did i miss a dynamite with Jeff Farmer on it???

Farmer Burns. Real generational war.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

something being predictable doesn't make it good

The match was good though. It had a freaking cutter to the outside and a sick elbow to the table. It certainly wasn't a great match because of the selling, maybe they shouldn't have done the whole ambulance thing at all, but the live crowd ate it up and the huge reactions for Cole showed that it worked live.

I'm way more interested in MJF/Joe. I'm just so very tired of a heel having his minions interfere in his match so he can win with a nutshot. Show me Joe just killing people, that's the good poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I got a presale code from FITE too but I have an expensive holiday in May so I’ll be sitting it out to see what’s available after that if I go at all next year

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Looks like Taylor's leaving the stage for AEW to use as a thank you for the two extra nights, which is nice.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

I just got sent a presale code for All In 2 (3?) but I'm not sure I'll take them up on it. Seems smarter to wait until closer to the date as prices will probably fall again.

I signed up at Ticketmaster and haven't heard anything! How did you get that code?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

I signed up at Ticketmaster and haven't heard anything! How did you get that code?

FITE probably

Last year they sent them out but some people only got them after emailing support to ask where their presale code was

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i got one from fite for being an AEW+ subscriber

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

flying to england isnt gonna happen so if any one wants it

AGVBM4VE The special one-use code for this VIP Presale is only valid between 9am – 11am GMT on Monday, November 27, 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AEWVI8IE6A0J