Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I did watch a streamer First Time Solo Ricardo (well, technically second try since they forfeited a Boatworks Ish run on wave 1 after seeing the enemies were weak to Blunt, but come on) with R Ish, so I guess I cannot disagree there :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finished part 2

once again Vergil is loving useless, one single situation he would get off his rear end for and he misses it because he's too busy twiddling his thumbs doing nothing back on the boat and then gives everyone else poo poo for not doing his job for him. i dunno what you want out of this man but you were like a millisecond from losing it, but apparently that's way less important than your naptime.

at least we met a way cooler Color. Also Ishmael please start sharing information instead of just trailing off all the time, but I guess you're a bit busy going crazy and slowly becoming what you hate most to pay attention to that rn.

we meet a new fated rival: Hourglass Head. this dude is definitely a distortion of some kind just going by how he talks.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

KazigluBey posted:

I literally cannot do this. I have a full team of Level 40s, most uptie 4 and I cannot for the life of me beat this stupid encounter after like a half dozen tries.

I had N Faust at 40/4 before I saw someone post their clear team and remembered she's supposedly bad. But every time I make one of these changes I have to go grind the ticket poo poo to get them to 40.

The gulf between people styling on this game with single character runs and shitters like me barely squeaking through feels utterly insurmountable.

gently caress...
Okay, I consider myself like maybe a solidly good player and not great, but I think the thing that's tripping you up partially here is getting too caught up in what 'should' be good or bad in general and shooting right to uptie 4. N Faust is pretty good in some teams and in some circumstances, iirc, and not all IDs need to get to uptie 4 to be effective so for a fight you're struggling with I'd suggest just going to Uptie 3 when you're trying to build a team initially and then look in more detail to figure out who's going to need UT4 to shine. I can't give advice on this specific fight since I haven't hit it yet, I just don't want you to get too discouraged.

Like, yeah, read the skills and enemy's stuff and don't completely ignore the meta, but probably also don't get too caught up in what the Most Ideal Team Is out of IDs that you have for this one fight, because if you're trying to use IDs you're not used to or don't have a feel for it's going to grind a lot more. Good luck!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KazigluBey posted:

I literally cannot do this. I have a full team of Level 40s, most uptie 4 and I cannot for the life of me beat this stupid encounter after like a half dozen tries.

I had N Faust at 40/4 before I saw someone post their clear team and remembered she's supposedly bad. But every time I make one of these changes I have to go grind the ticket poo poo to get them to 40.

The gulf between people styling on this game with single character runs and shitters like me barely squeaking through feels utterly insurmountable.

gently caress...
I have five words for you: The multitude tightens its hold.

Also bring Nclair and don't bring Rheath. Spend the first few waves building EGO resources. Do not clash with him, trade blows instead. I also had a lot of success with R Ish, W Don and W Ryoshu, since they could unload their big skills on him all at once during his stagger window.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

PetraCore posted:

Okay, I consider myself like maybe a solidly good player and not great, but I think the thing that's tripping you up partially here is getting too caught up in what 'should' be good or bad in general and shooting right to uptie 4. N Faust is pretty good in some teams and in some circumstances, iirc, and not all IDs need to get to uptie 4 to be effective so for a fight you're struggling with I'd suggest just going to Uptie 3 when you're trying to build a team initially and then look in more detail to figure out who's going to need UT4 to shine. I can't give advice on this specific fight since I haven't hit it yet, I just don't want you to get too discouraged.

Like, yeah, read the skills and enemy's stuff and don't completely ignore the meta, but probably also don't get too caught up in what the Most Ideal Team Is out of IDs that you have for this one fight, because if you're trying to use IDs you're not used to or don't have a feel for it's going to grind a lot more. Good luck!

Thank you, cleared it right after my whinepost with literally the same setup that had failed a few times before. I have no idea about how anything in this game works and why I succeed or fail like 80% of the time, lol, I wasn't joking when I said I was a shitter.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Do not clash with him, trade blows instead.

This is what did it for me, saw a Steam forums thread 7 pages long with people complaining about the fight and someone had said to ignore the two flunkies in wave 3 and just go for damage, which I think tipped it for me.

I just don't find it very natural for a game that screams at you that Clashing Good to have an asterisk after that statement the size of a moon. But again, my judgements come from being bad at the game so what do I know...

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 23, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Marluxia posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but Young-Ji didn't seem to have a significant role in Yi Sang's life, beyond being part of the same group.
I thought Young-ji was a leader among the nine, wasn't he always referred to as Brother Young-ji instead of just his name?I also remember him being a member they talked about a lot more than any of the others.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

KazigluBey posted:

Thank you, cleared it right after my whinepost with literally the same setup that had failed a few times before. I have no idea about how anything in this game works and why I succeed or fail like 80% of the time, lol, I wasn't joking when I said I was a shitter.

This is what did it for me, saw a Steam forums thread 7 pages long with people complaining about the fight and someone had said to ignore the two flunkies in wave 3 and just go for damage, which I think tipped it for me.

I just don't find it very natural for a game that screams at you that Clashing Good to have an asterisk after that statement the size of a moon. But again, my judgements come from being bad at the game so what do I know...
All the rules of the game comes with asterisks because some fights have gimmicks. I feel like a big part of the Limbus Company experience for a lot of people is going from 'I don't know what I'm doing -deep despair-' to 'I don't know what I'm doing! -thumbs up-' as you get a more intuitive grasp of the actually really complicated battle system and how many different factors go into it. Plus, like, with Project Moon in general, it feels like every 'rule' of how to do things ends up having fights or abnormalities that take advantage of your expectations to suplex you into the ground. I'm certain I'd run into the exact same problem with that fight if I hadn't happened to check this thread before I got there.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

gently caress...

Take your time during the first two waves to build resources, then use EGO to break his dodge and beat the poo poo out of him. Also killing his dudes makes him go full murder to try to hold off on that for a couple turns.

Typically the top-tier super meta 0 turn clears revolve around a very specific sequence of events, you'll have way more success looking at the enemy weaknesses/what they do and making a team based on that.

anyway my group

haha i didn't realize outis was 35 until i took this screenshot, what an id

e: oops guess i'm late

e2: also i pay like 0 attention to support abilities in case that wasn't obvious. i just saw blunt weakness + offense needed and smashed my head on the mouse like a caveman(while taking the thread's suggestions for meur and liu ish)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 23, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

PetraCore posted:

All the rules of the game comes with asterisks because some fights have gimmicks. I feel like a big part of the Limbus Company experience for a lot of people is going from 'I don't know what I'm doing -deep despair-' to 'I don't know what I'm doing! -thumbs up-' as you get a more intuitive grasp of the actually really complicated battle system and how many different factors go into it. Plus, like, with Project Moon in general, it feels like every 'rule' of how to do things ends up having fights or abnormalities that take advantage of your expectations to suplex you into the ground. I'm certain I'd run into the exact same problem with that fight if I hadn't happened to check this thread before I got there.

I don't disagree, but I feel that for every clearly telegraphed gimmick fight like My Form Empties or Rose Sign there's another gimmick fight where half the gimmick is realizing it's a gimmick in the first place. BB feels like the latter - am I losing clashes because I shouldn't be clashing, am I losing clashes because of RNG, am I losing clashes because I brought the wrong set up or didn't set up the clashes correctly? I dunno, better look it up and see what the consensus is. :/

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

I don't disagree, but I feel that for every clearly telegraphed gimmick fight like My Form Empties or Rose Sign there's another gimmick fight where half the gimmick is realizing it's a gimmick in the first place. BB feels like the latter - am I losing clashes because I shouldn't be clashing, am I losing clashes because of RNG, am I losing clashes because I brought the wrong set up or didn't set up the clashes correctly? I dunno, better look it up and see what the consensus is. :/

MFE/Rose are very Ruina fights where everything is explained beforehand in exhausting detail, for some reason Limbus prefers hiding it's gimmicks

There's no gimmick that will invisibly change a clash win to a loss though, there's usually a number of indicators that an enemy is going to hurt you very badly if you do or don't do x.

Except for RR Gentleman. That rear end in a top hat.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 23, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

A few more thoughts:

• Inside the Whale is totally gonna be the dungeon.
• We have proved one thing: the whale’s… stuff reacts to the Q-deterrence from the Golden Bough - which qualifies it as an (escaped?) Abnormality.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Quackles posted:

A few more thoughts:

• We have proved one thing: the whale’s… stuff reacts to the Q-deterrence from the Golden Bough - which qualifies it as an (escaped?) Abnormality.

Or maybe a God of the City or a natural Abnormality? We don't really know how that happens, but we know it can happen, if very very rarely.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

A few more thoughts:

comedy option: it's pinnochio

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I also figured it out as soon as I made my complaint. Bring your highest-level, best blunt IDs. Build resources in the first two waves. Clash with EGO if necessary the first turn. Ignore the minions because he'll just summon more anyway if the fight goes long enough (it shouldn't). On the second turn, the one where he only does defense actions, unload all of your best blunt attacks on him. If he doesn't stagger before the sunglasses status drops off, you might as well restart.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I'm just happy we actually finally had a fight in the story you can't just brute force through (well, in the usual Win Rate sort of way, you can still brute force it in the intended way).

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So, anyone got any ideas on what the mermaids are trying to say? I translated some of the attacks and all I got was a bunch of nonsense, all two letters like Ryoshu was in charge of their designs :mmmhmm: If they're nautical terms, it's nothing I can figure out. I know certain letters meant certain things using semaphore but I haven't gotten that desperate yet.

Also, MOutis is one hell of a clasher and basher.

Lumisau
Mar 6, 2013
The Morse is actually Korean Morse, not English! They're apparently saying stuff like "Help me" and "We've got to get away", but the Mermaids proper are saying they're having fun.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KobunFan posted:

So, anyone got any ideas on what the mermaids are trying to say? I translated some of the attacks and all I got was a bunch of nonsense, all two letters like Ryoshu was in charge of their designs :mmmhmm: If they're nautical terms, it's nothing I can figure out. I know certain letters meant certain things using semaphore but I haven't gotten that desperate yet.

Also, MOutis is one hell of a clasher and basher.

They're talking in Korean Morse Code. It's "Save Me" and such (translated from Korean).

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
That... makes a lot of sense. I feel dumb.

EDIT:
Beat the big fight first try! W Corp Don and Ryo along with NSin did lots of damage, RIsh was able to win clashes a couple of times with Mind Whip, same with Faust's Fluid Sac. And MOutis was there as well :zoidberg:

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 24, 2023

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Marluxia posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but Young-Ji didn't seem to have a significant role in Yi Sang's life, beyond being part of the same group.

RandomReader posted:

I thought Young-ji was a leader among the nine, wasn't he always referred to as Brother Young-ji instead of just his name?I also remember him being a member they talked about a lot more than any of the others.
Isn't it Kim Ki Rim (The one played by Faust), not Young-Ji? "Rim" in the name, based off the guy who wrote a poem called "The Sea and the Butterfly"...

Edit: One thing I find interesting looking back, is that when asked why he said there are only 4 calamities now instead of 5, Vergilius starts to explain, then cuts himself off saying "you'll find out soon enough." Which makes me think he knew Indigo was in the area, since he's the reason why there are now 4.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 24, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Arkanian posted:

Isn't it Kim Ki Rim (The one played by Faust), not Young-Ji? "Rim" in the name, based off the guy who wrote a poem called "The Sea and the Butterfly"...
Oh my god, this makes so much more sense. Also then maybe this isn't a Distortion? If Rim was the guy in the photo that had a head made of shadows, he might just have weird heads in general, and it could be an EGO or something, plus he's got the same potential for powers as Demian and seems to have realized those in a pretty advanced way unlike baby bird Sinclair.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

PetraCore posted:

Oh my god, this makes so much more sense. Also then maybe this isn't a Distortion? If Rim was the guy in the photo that had a head made of shadows, he might just have weird heads in general, and it could be an EGO or something, plus he's got the same potential for powers as Demian and seems to have realized those in a pretty advanced way unlike baby bird Sinclair.

I'm personally of the opinion that Rim is meant to be a rival to Dante's powerset in some manner. Blue Suit to contrast Red, head replacement with a timepiece theme (hourglass instead of clock), Water Association (compared to Dante being on fire) both have a connction to the "Star" in some manner, based on a Poet (although that one isn't as meaningful given Yi Sang). Which yeah, could mean it's an EGO or stabilised Distortion, since that's the most likely explanation for Dante as well.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unga Bunga works pretty well on the big guy, since he does have 'normal' stagger thresholds.

Apparently in the files he's level 60, Aleph :stare:

I think canto 5 is the most solid quality wise so far, hasn't really been a dead moment yet (writing wise, there were a few stages of just fighting but whatever!).

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Yesterday I learned that you can use both all three normal MD bonuses and the MDH bonus by just doing MDH, effectively negating the need to do MDN entirely. It's a nice timesaver; I just have to figure out how to budget my modules.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I've been really enjoying this chapter thus far, especially the voice acting, but god do I miss Vellmori's artworks :smith:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So what have you guys been using for MDH now that we (should) have all starlight bonuses and we got a bunch of new IDs with it? Was thinking of mixing things up since I can do it comfortably now.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So what have you guys been using for MDH now that we (should) have all starlight bonuses and we got a bunch of new IDs with it? Was thinking of mixing things up since I can do it comfortably now.

Starting lineup of LCR Faust, MidMeur, Middon, Deici Rodya, and Buncliff. As I go I aim to pick up Tingtang Lu and RB Ryoshu, letting me have a full squad of purple spammers—all of whom but rodya also have envy EGO for emergencies.

It works out pretty well, actually.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

Starting lineup of LCR Faust, MidMeur, Middon, Deici Rodya, and Buncliff. As I go I aim to pick up Tingtang Lu and RB Ryoshu, letting me have a full squad of purple spammers—all of whom but rodya also have envy EGO for emergencies.

It works out pretty well, actually.

...sorry, I read MidMeur and blacked out, suddenly my MidMeur is UptieIV and levelled up, no idea when.

JK, I just like him and decided "hey, at least this ID can fuel Pursuance/Regret and feels like it has better coins than Rosepanner" and also the passive is nice for when you run like WDon+WRyo or similar combos. NClair and NFaust does carry the risk of Sinclair regaining too much SP but at the same time it helps him not corrode.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
My favorite part is that because I only need 200 total cost for more 000's for the last two members of the gang, I can spend the rest on abusing upgrades to ensure that my S2s and S3 envy skills are as plentiful as possible. It's almost worth completely avoiding picking up extra members for passives, tho I'd probably still grab RB Greg just for the free healing.

Flyingbatjam
Jul 25, 2022

Solitair posted:

Yesterday I learned that you can use both all three normal MD bonuses and the MDH bonus by just doing MDH, effectively negating the need to do MDN entirely. It's a nice timesaver; I just have to figure out how to budget my modules.

Yeah, it's great. I think you technically get more battle pass exp for doing all three normal dungeons and then the hard one, but I'm not sure the module cost is worth it? Here's a list of the rewards for each type of clear that I've tried to piece together from my own runs:

1x normal dungeon clear (with no bonus)
0 Lunacy / 30 Battle Pass EXP / 100 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 5 Module Cost

1x normal dungeon clear (with normal dungeon bonus)
250 Lunacy / 45 Battle Pass EXP / 100 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 5 Module Cost

3x normal dungeon clears (with normal dungeon bonuses for each run)
750 Lunacy / 135 Battle Pass EXP / 300 Manager EXP / ~300 Starlight / 15 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clear (with no bonus)
0 Lunacy / 30 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clears (with just the hard dungeon bonus)
0 Lunacy / 150 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clears (with the hard dungeon bonus and 1x normal bonus)
250 Lunacy / 175 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clears (with the hard dungeon bonus and 2x normal bonus)
500 Lunacy / 200 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clear (using all bonuses for one run)
750 Lunacy / 225 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Flyingbatjam posted:

Yeah, it's great. I think you technically get more battle pass exp for doing all three normal dungeons and then the hard one, but I'm not sure the module cost is worth it? Here's a list of the rewards for each type of clear that I've tried to piece together from my own runs:

1x normal dungeon clear (with no bonus)
0 Lunacy / 30 Battle Pass EXP / 100 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 5 Module Cost

1x normal dungeon clear (with normal dungeon bonus)
250 Lunacy / 45 Battle Pass EXP / 100 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 5 Module Cost

3x normal dungeon clears (with normal dungeon bonuses for each run)
750 Lunacy / 135 Battle Pass EXP / 300 Manager EXP / ~300 Starlight / 15 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clear (with no bonus)
0 Lunacy / 30 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clears (with just the hard dungeon bonus)
0 Lunacy / 150 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clears (with the hard dungeon bonus and 1x normal bonus)
250 Lunacy / 175 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clears (with the hard dungeon bonus and 2x normal bonus)
500 Lunacy / 200 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

1x hard dungeon clear (using all bonuses for one run)
750 Lunacy / 225 Battle Pass EXP / 360 Manager EXP / ~100 Starlight / 18 Module Cost

All you really need to know from these numbers is that 3 normal dungeons and 1 hard is a total of 33 modules, and done normals first you get 135+150=285 total, versus hard first being 225+90=315 total.

Always lead with the hard and if you’re only doing one make it a hard for sure.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

That and doing four MD2 run is kind of tedious, even if the normal ones are trivial. Honestly, them being so trivial just makes them more tedious.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Marluxia posted:

That and doing four MD2 run is kind of tedious, even if the normal ones are trivial. Honestly, them being so trivial just makes them more tedious.
I enjoy them as mindless busywork while I'm doing other things but the time investment of doing 3 of them over a week is not something I always want to make, so yeah.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Finished Part 2. This is honestly my favorite Canto so far, unless it shits bed in the third part.

• The ghost ship was filler, but worked really to continue showcasing how alien and dangerous Great Lakes are, even by the standards of the City. So did the.... infected? Lobotomy Corp Branch. Pallid Whale swallowing stuff and then vomiting them out, but them becoming....wrong in the process and mindlessly loyal to Pallid Whale is some great, hosed-up stuff.
  • I love the Middle. They have a good balance of badass, intimidating and goofy and being so obsessed with revenge they basically have a book of vengeance as a standard part of the kit is great. Rocking soundtrack too.
  • Big Brother took a few tries, but once I figured out what to do, it wasn't too bad. Enjoyable fight overall, you really want to pay attention to how some basic combat mechanics work. I was apparently also pretty underleveled, having most IDs that participated around lvl 30.
  • Vergilius is loving useless, lmao.
  • Indigo Elder is absolutely an Old Man and the Sea reference, right? Gotta say, having Odysseus, Ishmael and the Old Man hunting White Whale is some FGO poo poo. :allears:
  • They had their moments before, but I unironically ship Heathcliff and Ishmael now.
  • Ishmael remains to be not well. She also might be Captain Ahab, or well... part of her might be, which probably won't add to her mental health once she realizes it.

Not connected to the Canto, but I finally figured out how to use Sunshower Heathcliff, wohoo!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lt. Lizard posted:

Finished Part 2. This is honestly my favorite Canto so far, unless it shits bed in the third part.

• The ghost ship was filler, but worked really to continue showcasing how alien and dangerous Great Lakes are, even by the standards of the City. So did the.... infected? Lobotomy Corp Branch. Pallid Whale swallowing stuff and then vomiting them out, but them becoming....wrong in the process and mindlessly loyal to Pallid Whale is some great, hosed-up stuff.
  • I love the Middle. They have a good balance of badass, intimidating and goofy and being so obsessed with revenge they basically have a book of vengeance as a standard part of the kit is great. Rocking soundtrack too.
  • Big Brother took a few tries, but once I figured out what to do, it wasn't too bad. Enjoyable fight overall, you really want to pay attention to how some basic combat mechanics work. I was apparently also pretty underleveled, having most IDs that participated around lvl 30.
  • Vergilius is loving useless, lmao.
  • Indigo Elder is absolutely an Old Man and the Sea reference, right? Gotta say, having Odysseus, Ishmael and the Old Man hunting White Whale is some FGO poo poo. :allears:
  • They had their moments before, but I unironically ship Heathcliff and Ishmael now.
  • Ishmael remains to be not well. She also might be Captain Ahab, or well... part of her might be, which probably won't add to her mental health once she realizes it.

Not connected to the Canto, but I finally figured out how to use Sunshower Heathcliff, wohoo!

Oh poo poo, I didn't consider the implications that the Palid Whale and/or U Corp's singularity might have mixed up some Ahab stuff on Ishmael and that's what's amping up her issues.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Okay so, dumb question. I can't seem to figure out how exactly to proc the Discard on Molar Outis and Deici Rodya, which is one of the problems I'm having with 5-30. On my second try once I'd adjusted my team and levelled some, I made it to the third wave fine but I had bad luck of the draw with what skills came up and spiraled out. It's nothing a retry can't fix, and I can't exactly control if R Ish pulls Mind Whip when I need her to, but I figured I could at least weigh my dice with Outis and Rodya... if I can figure out how the gently caress to discard, because I kept trying to do that with Outis via using her defense skill or using Slice and I still kept drawing her skill 1.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

PetraCore posted:

Okay so, dumb question. I can't seem to figure out how exactly to proc the Discard on Molar Outis and Deici Rodya, which is one of the problems I'm having with 5-30. On my second try once I'd adjusted my team and levelled some, I made it to the third wave fine but I had bad luck of the draw with what skills came up and spiraled out. It's nothing a retry can't fix, and I can't exactly control if R Ish pulls Mind Whip when I need her to, but I figured I could at least weigh my dice with Outis and Rodya... if I can figure out how the gently caress to discard, because I kept trying to do that with Outis via using her defense skill or using Slice and I still kept drawing her skill 1.
You just use the skill. It automatically happens as you use them to fight.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

PetraCore posted:

Check what the skill actually tries to discard in its description. Discard will never hit a defensive skill so if you use the top skill whilst the bottom is defensive it will discard the incoming skill. Some skills discard from every column, others their own column, etc.

It requires a bit of reading basically.

Deici Rodion doesn't discard on skill 1 use, discards the lowest from the column on skill 2 use, discards the lowest from every column on skill 3 use, and discards the highest from the column on defensive skill use. A skill cannot discard itself.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Until MD2H came out, I rarely used defensive skills, and didn't realize just how good evade can be. Yes, there were evade enemies in chapter 2 that used it to good effect, but I never really realized until MD2H that evade resolution is done one coin flip at a time, and it's not simply equivalent to a 14-power clash.

Anyway, evade was the MVP of That One Battle, which I went in with a team with wrong damage types and managed to get out of with just one death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Maxed battlepass really gives you 15 boxes per level now? Feels like a mistake or the new MD will take a million years to finish a single run.