Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I was thinking the Judgment series will be cool if it keeps up the Bond-style new detective story each game, but starting Kaito Files I think I'd like the Phoenix Wright-style of multiple stories in one game with an overarching plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've been so busy this week that the only time I've had to play since Sunday was about 90 minutes of Victoria 3 last night (ending in an amusing loss) and some Vampire Survivors and Diablo 2 today

but for the time I've been playing, it's been nice and relaxing

I wish you all well

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

RandolphCarter posted:

someone remaster Sam and max hit the road please.

Yeah what the gently caress. I guess they got the most important ones, but my favorite little buddy is just out of reach.

Also do Loom and The Dig

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

That's why I load up on perks that make grazes better. Especially if you have an SMG/assault rifle build, that's the only way they stay viable imo. It does a good job of making me actually use my consumables though, no huge hoarding stacks like most RPGs.

I think you can get through the entire game just with speech skills, though you'd miss out on a lot of sidestuff and exploration

yep, I went graze-y smg for myself. fell off in the last bit because everything had ridiculous DR. there's no defense shred only pen which I think was a mistake, since there's a clear teamwork element to tackling evasion but no way to tackle high DR in pairs. I'm wondering in hindsight if I should not have done underdog difficulty on my first run

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Xaris posted:

is the PC version really that bad?? i thought the first one was ok, kinda mid but better than most sw games. I kinda expected more from Respawn though. it was less than the sum of its parts

It was in a pretty bad state when released and still isn't at the standard of performance that the console versions are at.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

woke operator posted:

thats pretty much it. everything about it is an absolute ball-buster, its hostile and unfair at every level, everything is stacked against you. even the most level-headed dudes get super tilted at tarkov. but from those abysmal lows come transcendent highs. pulling out a clutch win against the odds and making it home from a raid with a pack full of good poo poo, there's literally nothing else like it imo. its always immersive and very intense.

i have bad aim and no patience, so the usual successful playstyles are typically out of my reach. however, i am good at the psychological game. feints, misdirections, sly ambushes, voip trickery, and other tactics ensure ive always got food on the table.

Oh look we found the one guy Bungie is making Marathon for

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBEs64BREa8

Like oblivion, I will never play starfield, but there's plenty to enjoy as a spectator

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

i got darktide since it was on sale for reasonable price (20 smackers) and lol its a pretty game. I like that, like V2, it sets worker threads insanely high for no reason and fucks up hyperthread scheduling because its spread over like fuken 30 cores.

how is it? any good compared to v2?

seemed like everyone was quite down on it at launch, which is very predictable for a fatshark game. Fatshark has the business and development acumen of a drunken trump-thread posting manatee that rolls back and forth over a dome keyboard to produce content

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

seemed like everyone was quite down on it at launch, which is very predictable for a fatshark game. Fatshark has the business and development acumen of a drunken trump-thread posting manatee that rolls back and forth over a dome keyboard to produce content

quite a lot better now. fat shark still fat sharks but having actual talent tree choices was big. if you like the style of game it's worth playing and roping in a few friends. also has good mods which fat shark is cool with

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sam and max hit the road, and cal of Cthulhu dark corners of the earth work flawlessly on the steam deck.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

Sam and max hit the road, and cal of Cthulhu dark corners of the earth work flawlessly on the steam deck.

in Scumm?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

itll never scale up to v2, not for quite a while but its seemed alright. lol at chaos spawn having same animation. they added the witch (daemonspawn) but ive never fought one so who knows if they respected the og “every pellet hits” instakill of their forebears…

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

yeah, the steam version takes care of it.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

what is everyone buying on the sales

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I went crazy and bought dark corners of the earth

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I can’t believe I spent $1.65

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

I might get a steam deck, I have zero need for one but I'd like to play pc games on my couch and use it as a media pc for my tv

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

just bought Sam and Max hit the road

my daughters love watching DOTT so they should love this too

that’s all im buying. I need to finish games first. definitely not going back on that. no way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jon Irenicus posted:

Maybe jedi survivor. Was hoping for a v-bucks sale or dead island 2 dlc sale

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

bought sakuna and PRODUCER 2021, might get alan wake 2 on egs or not

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Jon Irenicus posted:

I've become a miser and bought God of War Ragnarok and Yakuza 7. Look forward to Alan Wake 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 in a year.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jon Irenicus posted:

Probably going to buy resident evil 2 and nothing else. Still need to finish Cyberpunk, Ghostwire, Pentiment, Against the Storm and World of Horrors. And with finish I mostly mean start. And after that Qud is probably 1.0.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

snoremac posted:

I've become a miser and bought God of War Ragnarok and Yakuza 7. Look forward to Alan Wake 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 in a year.

epic published wake, chances are it’s not coming to steam

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also still have three Yakuzas lying around.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RandolphCarter posted:

epic published wake, chances are it’s not coming to steam

Epic has sales too

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic should make a new shooter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBEs64BREa8

Like oblivion, I will never play starfield, but there's plenty to enjoy as a spectator

rude of the player to interrupt that npc during his prayers

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Real Mean Queen posted:

Yeah what the gently caress. I guess they got the most important ones, but my favorite little buddy is just out of reach.

Also do Loom and The Dig

I mean Sam and Max deserve more games and a remaster, but I'm not sure what they would do with the remaster itself. The graphics are still good and the voice talent is great, no need to replace that. Maybe fiddle with the music?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

diablo 4 is on steam now wtf

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is My Time at Sandrock a game I can boot up for 1-2 hours every couple days and progress my farm or whatever in that time? need a game like that

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

is My Time at Sandrock a game I can boot up for 1-2 hours every couple days and progress my farm or whatever in that time? need a game like that

Idk, but Against the Storm is a game like that

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

genericnick posted:

Idk, but Against the Storm is a game like that

Yeah, those games are super tight. Can speedrun an easy village in like 40 minutes. Go ponderous on a medium/viceroy run for 2 hours, or Prestige 1+ for 4-5 hour struggle sessions. Very calibratable.

My favorite form of advancement through the meta progression was to start a new map after every update. If I played a second session within those two weeks, cool. If the game updated then whenever I'd log on next my map auto-won and I got the resources.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

There was some talk about one of the recent Chinese games coming with on the fly language switching. Anyone remember that?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

genericnick posted:

There was some talk about one of the recent Chinese games coming with on the fly language switching. Anyone remember that?

Sounds doable like the button to switch between original and remastered graphics

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I've been stuck in roguelike hell after finishing BG3 three times.

SYNTHETIK 2 is rad but I should find a game to play during my vacation. Is Phantom Liberty big enough to occupy my sad life for two weeks?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

One week imo, two if you play the other parts of Cyberpunk.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
they reworked a bunch of stuff with the latest patch, right? Might be worth a full replay then.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

I bought Gates of Hell: Ostfront, which is less than :10bux: on Steam. It's pretty similar to the Men of War series. I'm still struggling to learn all of the controls, but switching between RTS control and direct control of individual soldiers and vehicles is pretty cool. The AI is very, very dumb tho.

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ate a quest item :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

woke operator posted:

ate a quest item :(

well was it good at least