Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's also a visual metaphor for the Seahawks' season.

have you ever written a sentence that doesn't sound like it's said through gritted teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
SAME...

drat it, it just doesn't work. :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OLD

shirts and skins posted:

have you ever written a sentence that doesn't sound like it's said through gritted teeth

Bruxism is no laughing matter my friend.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

SAME...

drat it, it just doesn't work. :(

They just lost to the Rams, too, so allow it.

SORRY

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Coldforge posted:

SORRY

Don't think anyone is saying anything other than the seahawks are sorry

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

SORRY

:cool:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
rear end

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SEAHAWKS

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
well, shame we don't even get a long rest before Dallas. very unkind schedule

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Three men of culture and taste.

49ers.com posted:

Greenlaw is an Arkansas native and proud alumnus of the Razorbacks. The linebacker likes to indulge in all of the state's wild foods when he returns to the South.

"We're known for all type of foods," Greenlaw said on You've Got Mail. "We've got raccoon, squirrel, possum, deer, what do you want? We've got alligator, anything you want, they really got it all. And we can do it all – fried, cooked, baked, grilled, boiled – hog, pig feet, chitlings, all of it."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Venison is legit good and deer are pests below the ranks of raccoons in many parts of the country.

they're pests because humans eliminated any real threat from their predators besides an idiot wearing deer piss with a rifle

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

$36 a pound for whole alaskan salmon is a ripoff and I suddenly really appreciate chris collinsworth for throwing shade at seattle, talkin' about buying two fish and it cost him $800

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nervous posted:

God willing the Seahawks still win the division somehow despite getting swept by the Rams and the niners

Can I bargain down to getting blasted in the wildcard round?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

$36 a pound for whole alaskan salmon is a ripoff and I suddenly really appreciate chris collinsworth for throwing shade at seattle, talkin' about buying two fish and it cost him $800

it's a glorified farmer's market, what do you expect?

Tbf, I had the best bao I will ever have just up the road.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Y'all are making me hungry for salmon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Y'all are making me hungry for salmon.

Costco's wild caught Alaska salmon in the freezer is good poo poo, the stuff that's filets in individual bags

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Russ played the long game on the Pete feud

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i stopped following after the 2nd half and sat down to watch the highlights on the NFL youtube page and grew very concerned. first at the INT, then that catch by Smith-Njigba. at least it only ended up being a field goal. but 49ers really let seattle have a chance to claw its way back. could easily have been a 4-pt game if not for the missed field goal and non-conversion of that long drive.

49ers d-line was just too good though. made a lot of key stops including the sack that stopped that drive

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Mustached Demon posted:

they're pests because humans eliminated any real threat from their predators besides an idiot wearing deer piss with a rifle

What in the Sam Hell are you talking about? As a hunter, I have never heard this stance. I'm very confused.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Mustached Demon posted:

it's a glorified farmer's market, what do you expect?

Tbf, I had the best bao I will ever have just up the road.

So that $800 price tag Collinsworth was talking about was pretty accurate?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love corn bread

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Same issues with the hawks this season that have been with them for the majority of Pete’s career. Fire and move on.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

What in the Sam Hell are you talking about? As a hunter, I have never heard this stance. I'm very confused.

That deer can be pests or that humans have killed off most of their natural predators? Don’t think it was that confusing, they just dressed it up in some colorful language

tho do not forget cars are also very good at killing deer, and deer at killing humans in cars

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

The defense played fine, they were just on the field constantly because the offense and ST poo poo themselves all over the place, per usual. I would call for Waldron to go but this is more of a consistent issue with Pete OCs. I think it's about time for the old man to hang it up.

The Niners have maximized their talent and look great. They're going to do this to all kinds of teams. But the Hawks needed everything to break right to survive this brutal stretch and instead everything has just broken.

e. searching for a silver lining, this team DOES have a lot more talent than two years ago. JSN looks cool and Witherspoon is a loving baller. Plus they haven't had their rookie RT in since week 1 and the LT has played well since healing up. If they bring in someone new they'll have a good foundation. But I'm finally in the "Pete retire" camp, this is pretty played out.

D was ripped apart on the first drive so they don't have any excuse of being tired.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at me thinking this team might do things. It's me I'm the jabroni mark.

On the bright side my ham turned out very well yesterday.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Pungry posted:

I hope the Seahawks draft Penix. It is the end of the :geno: :smith: era it feels like, and Drew Lock is obviously not it. I'm aware I was the guy saying the Seahawks had a shot at the division (which was true at the time!) but I have to agree that this team looks like it might lose out and miss the playoffs with how they're playing and their strength of schedule. Yeesh.

I hope they don't for Penix's sake, let him go to a team that can scheme up a functional offense

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
N: the 49ers

V: they're good

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Deer are way overpopulated because of a lack of predators like wolves and cougars.

Results in deer wrecking up whatever they live near. Particularly agriculture and cars. Probably doesn't help with the spread of that prion disease either.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Spoeank posted:

N: the 49ers

V: they're good
*deep sigh* ....yeah

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Benne posted:

lol at me thinking this team might do things. It's me I'm the jabroni mark.

On the bright side my ham turned out very well yesterday.

I tried to warn you, to spare your heart, comrade.

What did you do to prepare the ham and do you have any pics???

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
DK does not seem to be capable of winning a contested catch. Unfortunately for him, that is all Geno can throw.

Trade DK for some 2024 draft picks, dump Geno, draft a QB in the first/second like we should have last year, trade Drew Lock for a sack of potatoes.

nollij fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 24, 2023

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
None of that is likely to happen with Pete still here

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

nollij posted:

DK does not seem to be capable of winning a contested catch. Unfortunately for him, that is all Geno can throw.

Trade DK for some 2024 draft picks, dump Geno, draft a QB in the first/second like we should have last year, trade Drew Lock for a sack of potatoes.

Lock is only under contract through this season, so let him walk. I don't think they will actually get too much for DK because his contract balloons up next season and he is showing his weaknesses this season. They wouldn't be able to get much if anything for Geno, so keep him and prioritize drafting a QB.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

None of that is likely to happen with Pete still here

Yea. And keeping Pete and John is the main problem. The root of these issues.

Like people blamed Russ for a lot of problems with the offense. Turns out those problems existed before Russ and after Russ. Those problems have existed across multiple OCs, too. So the blame lies with Pete.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

they need to eat some humble pie like mike mccarthy and start copying plays from the 49ers.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Posting Ws more often than not for a decade straight is pretty hard to do. I for one will remember PCJS fondly when they are gone.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

So that $800 price tag Collinsworth was talking about was pretty accurate?

Could be. Seattle is incredibly expensive compared to other areas, and Pike Place is no longer the cool cheap place it was 35 years ago, but a very overpriced farmer's market.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yea. And keeping Pete and John is the main problem. The root of these issues.

Like people blamed Russ for a lot of problems with the offense. Turns out those problems existed before Russ and after Russ. Those problems have existed across multiple OCs, too. So the blame lies with Pete.

Quoting for the day Pete retires and his replacement is worse in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
I don't think keeping a (currently) mediocre coach because the next hire might be worse is necessarily the right move.