Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

A Gin Palace posted:

the massive buried lede here is that the south africans not only tried to get a nuke they tried to get it, specifically, from israel

Oh yeah ty agp I forgot to mention that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Wonderful scenes coming out of Palestinian captives, arrested as minors and held for years, reunited with their families as part of the ceasefire deal

https://twitter.com/SamidounPP/status/1728115377421578455

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i cried when i saw this, so life affirming about the human spirit just look t how brave this boy is :qq:

======

A message from a child in Gaza

“We love life if we can find a way to it.”

*Video from Khuza’a - Khan Yunis

https://twitter.com/palestinian_the/status/1728091775544274950?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The hostage release is really backfiring on Israel since they are not allowing video footage of the Israel hostages, or allowing them to speak. On top of more and more people starting to ask why Israel was taking Palestinian children hostage in the first place.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Friday prayer from inside one of the mosques destroyed by the occupation in Gaza

https://twitter.com/rdooan/status/1728106175496085837?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

tatankatonk posted:

Israel is so far gone lol. The Times of Israel has bloggers publishing poo poo like this:

Jul 26, 2022
Moshe-Mordechai van Zuiden

To dislike certain ethnicities is racist; to see Jews as equal is antisemitic

Understand the specialty of Antisemitism

We need to thank Whoopi Goldberg and the many who answered her so well with the renewed realization that Antisemitism is Racism.

Jews are not overprivileged. Just like Asians living in their Diaspora, Jews just work super hard to try and get a handle on the oppression. That’s not privilege—that’s sweat, blood, and tears.

However, there is a good reason not to just call Antisemitism only a form of Racism. It’s an animal with very specific rules since there is no culture or religion like the Jewish one. While all Peoples are unique, some are more special than others. Which doesn’t mean, as adorable as we are, that we’re more worthy than others. To be specific, when G^d calls us the Apple of His Eye, He doesn’t mean He’s going to treat us with favoritism. Instead, He means that He will hold us to a higher standard. But, to make things complicated for starters, when bigots hold Jews to a higher standard, that’s—you guessed it—bigotry. When we Jews live up to our potential we are equal to Gentiles who live up to their potential. (If the latter could live up to the Jewish standard, they are invited to join us Jews.)

‘Race’ is actually culture. We’re all homo sapience sapience: one race. Western racists (Nazis) got obsessed with genetics, build, and skin color. But non-Western racists often don’t care about lineage, only about religious practice, loyalty, and identity.

Considering one ethnicity, one culture better or worse than all others is Racism. No one is completely defined by their background or identity. And among all pastry, you have bad cookies. Don’t discriminate.

Yet, Jews are the only Nation not just based on practice, location, or beliefs. Jews are the only People based on an assignment. And their Divinely ordained task is to be exemplary to all of humanity. To be G^d’s ambassadors on earth, fighting for the good of everyone.

That means that when one says that Jews are just like everyone else, you’re a bigot. You don’t need to look down on Jews to be Antisemitic.

When our parents say they want to be our friends, that’s nice. But we better also respect them as teachers. Totally equalizing them is demeaning them and arrogant of us. When Jews say they want to be everyone’s friends and allies, that’s nice. But Gentiles better also give them respect as their teachers. Totally equalizing them is demeaning them and arrogant. NB: We are not Christians ‘Older brother.’ Too many older brothers in the Hebrew Bible were passed over by younger sibs. We are their parents.

And, the idea that Jews should be no different than Gentiles already implies opposing Jews. As if they should adjust to majority norms, integrate, and assimilate away.

Being against mixed marriages is racist. Two cultures in one couple enrich both partners. But many Jews marrying out helps Jews to die out. It also means going along with self-hatred as if anything non-Jewish would give a personal safe passage out of the Antisemitic danger zone. European and Arab Jews marrying each other is enough marrying out already. And that happens in Israel to an unprecedented degree. Outside of Israel, nowhere do we find such a percentage of Whites marrying non-Whites.

Saying the N-word is racist. It dirties your mouth. But, when discussing Antisemitism, it’s good to list all the stereotypes because part of the oppression of Jews is to deny it.

Bias against homelands can hurt minorities in the Diaspora. Prejudices against Africans (‘primitives,’ ‘hotheads’) devalue Black migrants around the world. Prejudices against Asians (‘mystical people’) dehumanize Asian migrants the world over. But propaganda against Israel hurts Jews in their Diaspora like no other minority. Zionism is to Jews what feminism is to women. Men who ‘like women but not feminists’ show they don’t like women; rather, they like being served. Jews and Gentiles who ‘like Jews but not Zionists’ show they like Jews as long as they feel scared all the time so that they can be manipulated to serve and comfort the Gentile powers to be; but not when they are independent and proud of themselves.

Judaism laid much of the foundation of all Monotheism (One G^d), Science (One Universe), and Democracy (Equality) in the world. That’s why hatred of Jews is the ultimate ungratefulness, throwing mud on Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Einstein, and Herzl. And therefore, the Holocaust doesn’t compare to any other genocide, Armenian included—though they are all horrific.

It seems that Intersectionality was designed to promote Antisemitic. It advocates comparing oppressions and seeing how they are all interwoven. Because Antisemitism is so unique, and because Jews are kept hostage by the top level of societies (and blamed for all ills), it often ends up uniting all oppressed groups against the Jews, the victims of the oldest hatred.

And so, you see there is reason not to just regard Antisemitism as one of the forms of Racism. Jews-oppression is too specific. It’s a special bigotry.

apologies if this is like onion-level satire or jonathan swift trolling and i'm just not picking it up

You should check your privilege if you think theres anything loony with that editorial. Its frankly offensive for you to not recognize your racial superiors.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

i cried when i saw this, so life affirming about the human spirit just look t how brave this boy is :qq:

======

A message from a child in Gaza

“We love life if we can find a way to it.”

*Video from Khuza’a - Khan Yunis

https://twitter.com/palestinian_the/status/1728091775544274950?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

The will and courage that the population of Gaza has shown throughout this ordeal is some truly breathtaking stuff. Unshakable people.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

stumblebum posted:

<Al-Aqsa08> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
<Al-Aqsa08> ********* see!
<IronDumb> hitler2
<IronDumb> doesnt look like stars to me

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1728090602313519405?t=Ggl5eStb0P_Uf0exWXRCXg&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://www.geocities.com/1337hamas5n1p3r

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

It’s a nice gesture but ingredient deliveries are supposed to go to the rear of the restaurant

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so we get moving pictures of palestinians reuniting but becuse the idf are paranoid idiots there are no videos of israelis celebrating making it look like a massive loss

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Jel Shaker posted:

so we get moving pictures of palestinians reuniting but becuse the idf are paranoid idiots there are no videos of israelis celebrating making it look like a massive loss

The hostages haven't reached their homes yet. Channel 12 is saying that they just now landed in an Israeli airbase and will soon be taken to the hospital for a checkup.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

there aren't any videos of Israelis celebrating because all their guys are probably still in some black site having their own government threaten them to keep their yaps shut before they can go home

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jel Shaker posted:

the alternative is risking someone getting in front of a camera saying "my captors treated me decently under the circumstances and my overriding fear was psychotically indiscriminate air raids and shelling from my own countrymen."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

there aren't any videos of Israelis celebrating because all their guys are probably still in some black site having their own government threaten them to keep their yaps shut before they can go home

yeah they are being coached on what to say. that one old woman that said good things about hamas, was massively embarrassing for Israel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why do they need to go to a hospital for a check up

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the villainous Israeli's will be defeated

ghost of kissinger
Oct 31, 2023

tatankatonk posted:

Israel is so far gone lol. The Times of Israel has bloggers publishing poo poo like this:

quote:

Jul 26, 2022
Moshe-Mordechai van Zuiden

Don’t discriminate. Yet,

When Jews say they want to be everyone’s friends and allies, that’s nice. But

Being against mixed marriages is racist. Two cultures in one couple enrich both partners. But

Saying the N-word is racist. It dirties your mouth. But,

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Lord of Pie posted:

Not "probably", they've openly stated that Shin Bet agents and the military will coach the hostages before an interview and limit what they can and can't say.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Netanyahu condemns the statements of the Prime Ministers of Spain and Belgium
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attacked the statements of the Prime Ministers of Spain and Belgium in a press conference at the Rafah crossing.

Netanyahu said, "I strongly condemn the statements of the prime ministers of Belgium and Spain regarding not holding Hamas responsible for the crimes it commits."

===================================

Reuters: Israel summons the ambassadors of Spain and Belgium
The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the ambassadors of Spain and Belgium due to statements made by the prime ministers of their countries at a press conference on the Gaza Strip border.

In turn, Israeli Foreign Minister Eli Cohen condemned what he called the false allegations of the Prime Ministers of Spain and Belgium and their support for terrorism.
worth mentioning that the statements by the belgian prime minister were: "Israel is allowed to use military force to take out terrorists, however they should do their best to avoid civilian casualties." and "Israel should act within the bounds of international laws. The way Gaza is being destroyed is unacceptable"

the most tepid criticism (which ultimately doesn't even break with the US line of "go ahead, just try to drop smaller bombs") is met with immediate aggression

e: also worth mentioning that the belgian prime minister's reaction was: "they must've misheard what i said"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

euphronius posted:

why do they need to go to a hospital for a check up

Just generally to see what their condition is I guess. The old lady was taken to a hospital too and conducted the interview from it. It's probably also an excuse to limit their movement for a while.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

R. Mute posted:

worth mentioning that the statements by the belgian prime minister were: "Israel is allowed to use military force to take out terrorists, however they should do their best to avoid civilian casualties." and "Israel should act within the bounds of international laws. The way Gaza is being destroyed is unacceptable"

the most tepid criticism (which ultimately doesn't even break with the US line of "go ahead, just try to drop smaller bombs") is met with immediate aggression

e: also worth mentioning that the belgian prime minister's reaction was: "they must've misheard what i said"

Israel is relying on people to not look into it, to just blindly accept Israel's response and think these other two countries are supporting terrorism.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

france... based??

e: nvm not based just french https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/agr...-vesoul-2404719

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

FormaldehydeSon posted:

france... based??

Usually no but they do enjoy a bit of a protest every now and then

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

That dung could be for anything really

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Local sources said that the occupation police confiscated sweets from the family home of prisoner Amani Al-Hashim in Beit Hanina in Jerusalem.

I had to log off for a bit after reading this. It's absurd.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oh no... where will people go to buy their McFrogs or whatever

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel's McDonald's franchise owner is a genocidal maniac

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Israel's McDonald's franchise owner is a genocidal maniac

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Israel is relying on people to not look into it, to just blindly accept Israel's response and think these other two countries are supporting terrorism.
i think they want people to know what our prime minister said so that everyone knows never to say the same thing

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

ANIMAL FRIENDS ARE STILL ALIVE!!!

https://twitter.com/AnimalFriendsAF/status/1728120952297300437#m

ngl, I cried a good few times when I checked their status on twitter and there was nothing later than that terribly bleak post about death being near. They seem like such genuinely good people, just trying to keep their families and their kitties safe in unbelievably difficult circumstances, like so many other people in Gaza :unsmith:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Living through the rehabilitation of the actual nazis is wild as gently caress.

The only thing I can compare it to is Bush' trajectory and as horrid as that man is, that's orders of magnitude different.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

Wonderful scenes coming out of Palestinian captives, arrested as minors and held for years, reunited with their families as part of the ceasefire deal

hamas did good.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

tatankatonk posted:

You can tell how angry these releases have made the propagandists who are working overtime to flood the replies with threats and accusations. They want Israel's own hostage-taking to remain buried and absolutely no parallel or comparison to be drawn.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

It’s a nice gesture but ingredient deliveries are supposed to go to the rear of the restaurant

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Bouillon Rube posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

honest question because I'm not old enough to know: were defenders of SA apartheid this insane

Calibanibal posted:

Yes the QCS threads about it were unreal

PhilippAchtel posted:

"On SA, the forums are painted different colors, and there are checkpoints where you are asked where you're from, and if you answer wrong, you are shot on sight."
/

"Wow. That's incredible."
/

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

tatankatonk posted:

throwing mud on Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Einstein, and Herzl.

Einstein is spinning in his grave so fast it's warping space-time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
So uh, why was she imprisoned for 7 years