Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I didnt say it was good, I just said it was obvious that they werent about to screw everybody out of the advertised main event so that particular complaint is just a weird one to me.

if it was just MJF getting taken away by ambulance and the build was would he be able to show up and not the added on layer of Adam Cole getting the match I'd have probably been okay with it and knew they were setting up for a super Cena match (which the match was one of the better versions off). But they added in the Cole stuff and even though down the road it'll probably make sense (Cole did it cause he wants to steal the title and storyline they'll play off his injury as fake) at the time it just was stupid and given that promoters have been dumb before (even smart ones) I had just enough doubt that maybe they'd do Cole/Switchblade for the storyline and it just soured me on the match. It wasn't bad and without the prematch stuff I'd probably HM it but it's there and it made me not like it despite it getting over with the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TinTower posted:

Looks like Taylor's leaving the stage for AEW to use as a thank you for the two extra nights, which is nice.

Hasnt he not been on tv in a few weeks anyways

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didnt say it was good, I just said it was obvious that they werent about to screw everybody out of the advertised main event so that particular complaint is just a weird one to me.

It was obvious but it stunk. I think I said it in the GDT but it feels like a storyline that works better on TV than PPV, because people arent at home paying $60 or whatever to watch the weekly TV show. You know whats going to happen, but when its so illogical as to replace the injured guy with an even more injured guy AND its your PPV main event it just feels so misguided.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I got a FITE code too, enjoy

KJ3A1ULM

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Suplex Liberace posted:

did i miss a dynamite with Jeff Farmer on it???

...YUP!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

did i miss a dynamite with Jeff Farmer on it???

One of Sting's AEW matches was actually Jeff Farmer and I'm not at liberty to reveal which one

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

flying to england isnt gonna happen so if any one wants it

AGVBM4VE The special one-use code for this VIP Presale is only valid between 9am 11am GMT on Monday, November 27, 2023.

I'll yoink this one if no one disagrees. Thanks! Is this for Ticketmaster?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I'll yoink this one if no one disagrees. Thanks! Is this for Ticketmaster?

yes it is

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Since a cross Atlantic flight might be a bit much I'll just drop my Fite code here as well for anyone that may want it: AEWV5RJFYH6R

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I was wondering if FITE would have a pre-presale again. I'm glad they are.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the mjf chiropractor video is great in the same way his episode of shot of brandi was - he's not really in character and seems to answer questions how he as a person would answer them

for a guy that seems to only rarely drop the character those glimpses into how he really is I find pretty interesting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Most Power Alex posted:

Since a cross Atlantic flight might be a bit much I'll just drop my Fite code here as well for anyone that may want it: AEWV5RJFYH6R

Here is your AEW: All In 2024 at Wembley exclusive pre-sale code:

Q9TAH8FQ

The special one-use code for this VIP Presale is only valid between 9am 11am GMT on Monday, November 27, 2023.
Follow this link to order: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/23005F6DD4C01105?did=aewvip

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

regardless of how much time was spent pushing your main event is now Jay White vs a guy on crutches with his foot in a medical device.

Yeah instead our main event was "Jay White vs a guy on crutches who already wrestled a match and had to escape from a hospital". That's not miles better you know.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Y'all are reading the original post very weirdly.

I agree, the predictability of it was what made it especially egregious and boring, even if the bell-to-bell action was solid. It was just too convoluted for no real gain!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It was predictable in the way that James Brown being helped offstage and then going back for another song is predictable. It's MJF playing the hits, where "the hits" are currently face champion tropes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Should've had RUSH win all 3 matches. A 9-point lead would make it very exciting.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Enjoy All In, some British goon or someone who is more willing to fly to England in August than I am! I'll probably have to visit the in-laws over there before too long but summer in the UK just doesn't do it for me.

ID3ARJ4D

The special one-use code for this VIP Presale is only valid between 9am 11am GMT on Monday, November 27, 2023.
Follow this link to order: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/23005F6DD4C01105?did=aewvip

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

where my all in 2024 crew at!!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I thought Adam Cole was actually going to wrestle Jay White. And when he won he, hed refuse to give MJF the belt.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

D9DACL0D if anyone wants a code

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Open Marriage Night posted:

I thought Adam Cole was actually going to wrestle Jay White. And when he won he, hed refuse to give MJF the belt.

You said dont let THEM take your title away you didnt say dont YOU take my title away, bay bay.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Here is another code if anyone wants it.

SM7AUES0

I'd love to go, but it's the beginning of the school year and no way that's happening

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That was my first thought, too. I had no idea how Cole would win short of a countout or something (and AEW doesn't really do those, especially as a pape main) but I thought he'd leave as interim champ.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was thinking this or we'd get Bullet Club shenanigans with Cole joining Bullet Club or Cole taking over Bullet Club

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Cole & The Bucks bring back Bullet Club OG Elite and we get yet another BC war

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hobo Adam Cole taking over BCG so that Jay White can shave and become the smooth babyface he was born to be.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hobo Adam Cole and his army of hobos aka Bullet Club Gold

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hobo Adam Cole taking over BCG so that Jay White can shave and become the smooth babyface he was born to be.

Please don't joke about Jay White shaving.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Was checking out current prices for the Montréal shows and lol at the wrestlers included in the advertisement

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So Collision has only 2 Blue League matches scheduled, with the Danielson match up in the air.

I wonder if they're planning on skipping Bryan's matches the first 2 full weeks, so he can heal up as much as possible, and then he'll wrestle his 5 Round-Robin matches in weeks 3 through 5.

His orbital bone fracture theoretically needed until December, or early 2024, to properly heal yeah?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DeepDickPizza posted:

Jay White can shave

I know we all love some good sicko poo poo on here, but this is taking things too far.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

DeepDickPizza posted:

Jay White can shave and become the smooth babyface he was born to be.

I'm reacting to this the same way I would if someone said 'let's take the shell off of a turtle.'

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

do NOT peel jay white!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jay White has done some great vulnerable promos and can 100% do a great babyface run but you need the right moment for it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kalensc posted:

Was checking out current prices for the Montréal shows and lol at the wrestlers included in the advertisement

Wow huge loving spoilers, thanks Montreal!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Squishy posted:

Please don't joke about Jay White shaving.

This is absolutely disgusting

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kalensc posted:

Was checking out current prices for the Montral shows and lol at the wrestlers included in the advertisement

AEW is back :pray:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the devil is dolph ziggler, and theyre just waiting for the 90 days to be up before they unmask him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

TK saw that AEW was going to face some stiff competition from Family Guy and decided to take the kid gloves off finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Devil is going to be Zac Efron and this whole thing is just a tie in to the movie.