Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Got my first rare achievement the other day. The song and the little diamond icon was very satisfying. I think I like this machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Those games probably don’t happen, the way GaaS is trending

Look at how Destiny 2 has gone to poo poo and Bungie had to lay off a bunch of people

Ya I feel like that's where it's headed. If Bungie who are the godfathers of GaaS especially on the console space, can't get it right then it's gonna be extremely hard for anyone else. To me it just feels like a panick move with the ABK deal. A majority of Sony's revenue is from 3rd party games like CoD/Fortnite. Their mentality reminds me of a venture capital fund, they don't care if 9/10 of these GaaS fail they just need one of them to hit to 10x their investment. Well they got 10 years of CoD so they have until then to get a big hit of their own. I am a playstation fan too so I would have probably liked them not to pivot so hard.

So BG3 will get announced for Xbox at the game awards at least the release date, I wonder if there is any chance they pushed for it on gamepass.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Runaway Legs posted:

Got my first rare achievement the other day. The song and the little diamond icon was very satisfying. I think I like this machine

get a bunch of friends added and beat their asses in the monthly gamerscore race. it's hoip af :cheers:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Asteroid Alert posted:

Timothy Chalamet was a gaming youtuber before his big acting break

Was he really?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYAcrSOuaQ

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I always explicitly ask for games by name, on a specific platform. It never has gone wrong so far.
But years ago, my parents did bring me a tennis racket attachment for the Nintendo Wii. It was hilariously cheap and flimsy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I always explicitly ask for games by name, on a specific platform. It never has gone wrong so far.
But years ago, my parents did bring me a tennis racket attachment for the Nintendo Wii. It was hilariously cheap and flimsy.

This didn't protect me from asking for Dragonriders of Pern on Dreamcast, which is probably the worst game I've ever owned physically. The whole game was fetch quests wandering around an empty world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonriders:_Chronicles_of_Pern

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://x.com/WinC_Gaming/status/1727701170246852895?s=20

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
What am I going to do with all my mindshare now

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Figured this was coming. Hope they add some stuff to make up for the lost points.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Yeah, that sucks. Not surprising since the app has been sparse for the past month or so. Hopefully they come up with something similar.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Welp. I can't afford Game Pass now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Another winloss for Xbox I guess?

Jokes aside, does that mean that I should be using my points with whatever now before the change?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Guillermus posted:

Another winloss for Xbox I guess?

Jokes aside, does that mean that I should be using my points with whatever now before the change?

Yeah do I need to burn my points now?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hm my internet provider has a deal for game pass ultimate for $10 CAD a month might just jump on that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I seriously don't think I can afford Game Pass now. I guess it's only fair since i was getting it for free. Welp!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It doesn’t sound like they’re getting rid of points altogether. Just the stuff that you had to use the Rewards app to get. The search points, daily activities, and Game Pass quests are staying for now.

Edit: Actually, from what it sounds like, the weekly quests are staying, you’ll just access them from the Rewards tab in your profile instead of the app. The only points you won’t be able to get anymore are the bonus points you get every few weeks for keeping your weekly streak going.

Also this is all based off one dude in Portugal posting a picture of a pop up he got on his Xbox. No one in other countries has gotten the pop up.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 23, 2023

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

It only says the Rewards app on Xbox (the one with that medal symbol they photoshopped onto the gravestone) is going away. MS Rewards as a whole is not shutting down, and it says there will be “new activities in the new Rewards hub” to replace it.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
I think they may just be consolidating everything onto the Xbox phone app, which they've been doing piece by piece for a while now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

The weekly series of quests will continue in the app until the end of November, and be removed permanently from December. Moving forward, those quests would display in a new Rewards tab in your Xbox profile. 

However, the tab doesn't seem to support streaks and some of the other bonuses the old Microsoft Rewards app has. 

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i hope phil spencer has a very CRAPPY holidays...

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wonder what Thanksgiving is like for him. Does it get awkward if his nephews ask about Spider-Man 2?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

https://x.com/xboxp3/status/1727743811940716924?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

https://x.com/xboxp3/status/1727746735815164313?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
For a moment I thought they raised the price of gamepass again. Is the rewards thing y'all were doing for free subscriptions the thing that people were running scripts/bots for and telling everyone they were so stupid to not do that as well?

Or is a different reward thing, they have way too many versions.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Phil Spencer is Hawaiian Rescue Dog rich

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

syntaxfunction posted:

For a moment I thought they raised the price of gamepass again. Is the rewards thing y'all were doing for free subscriptions the thing that people were running scripts/bots for and telling everyone they were so stupid to not do that as well?

I don't get the need for scripts. This is something awful, the place that practically invented screwing around on the internet.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah they're discontinuing the separate Rewards app on the Xbox dashboard that offered points for things (usually checking out games or trailers on the shop) but ultimately wasn't worth a ton of points compared to the bread and butter Bing searches and Xbox mobile app stuff. There are extensions/bots/scripts for the searches which can get you banned and I wouldn't recommend them. There are some tricks to make them pretty easy to knock out legitimately while you poop or at work or whatever, if you don't want to dedicate your leisure mindshare time.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I was wondering how long that Rewards app had left since it's been nerfed so heavily this year or had stuff moved to Quests.

syntaxfunction posted:

Don't need bots. If you set up 45 Bing searches as a Collection in the Edge browser, then opening that up does all your searches for PC. ;)

I don't expect they'll remove Bing rewards as presumably they get ad revenue from it or something.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I lost my 170 week streak a few days ago so this couldn’t come at a better time

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Jusant is such a lovely game. I hope the next Zelda game looks like this.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

One good thing about Game Pass refusing to take my mind share is I won't ever have to clean up poop in Zoo Tycoon ever again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://x.com/majornelson/status/1728083449972445273?s=20

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Not like this Larry, not like this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wouldn’t pay €0 for that poo poo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

drat it, Eastward leaving GameAss in a few days :argh:

Definitely play the RPGs first if you're subscribed

Thankfully I only played like an hour so I'm not too mad about it, it seems like a very nice indie RPG, but I left it "for later"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New PS5 looks worse than the old one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The new tony hawk 1+2 remaster on sale but I know if I get it it will immediately show up on game pass.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

priznat posted:

The new tony hawk 1+2 remaster on sale but I know if I get it it will immediately show up on game pass.

your sacrifice will not be forgotten

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like December 28th like 50 Activision games are gonna drop on Game Pass, they’re just holding out for all the Christmas gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

priznat posted:

It’s an Activision game so it’s not going to show up for awhile