Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

JBP posted:

Vortex says I have four active mods (the ones scoreboard asked me to get and scoreboard) but the scoreboard isn't showing up. Is there something basic I've missed here? I never mod games so idk if I've make an error or missing something obvious.

I downloaded them all through vortex and the mod folder appears to have the files in it.

Are you loading the animation events before the scoreboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

tangy yet delightful posted:

If you would be so kind as to let me know what talents you are running to do the penance. I looked just now and that penance + the one that requires it to be done are the only Ogryn ones I have left to do.

Until they fix the penance exactly what I said, you can’t pick a grenade modifier (Big Friendly Rock, Bombs Away, or Ogryn Frag) since that makes your grenade not Big Box of Hurt. Which means you can’t pick any abilities below that. Which means you can only pick the 9 abilities that are above the grenades.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Are you loading the animation events before the scoreboard?

I'll be honest. I don't know what this means lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Something I find hilarious. The Ogryn cluster grenade (or box of grenades I don't have an ogryn operative yet) is so chaotic that it's the only thing that manages to stutter my game even when all other settings are ultra smooth.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

Until they fix the penance exactly what I said, you can’t pick a grenade modifier (Big Friendly Rock, Bombs Away, or Ogryn Frag) since that makes your grenade not Big Box of Hurt. Which means you can’t pick any abilities below that. Which means you can only pick the 9 abilities that are above the grenades.

haha oh ok I didn't fully understand that before, but yeah ok I'll just wait for it to be fixed

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

JBP posted:

Vortex says I have four active mods (the ones scoreboard asked me to get and scoreboard) but the scoreboard isn't showing up. Is there something basic I've missed here? I never mod games so idk if I've make an error or missing something obvious.

I downloaded them all through vortex and the mod folder appears to have the files in it.
I've not used Vortex, but when manually downloading mods, the Darktide Mod Freamwork includes a batchfile ( called toggle_darktide_mods.bat in the Darktide base folder ) that you need to run before mods will work, and you'll need to run it every time they do an update or hotfix hereafter. Then in the blahblah\Warhammer 40000 Darktide\Mods folder there's a text document called mod_load_order.txt , you need to make sure there's a line that says scoreboard. At a guess Vortex will download the mods and manage them as they're updated but not necessarily do the final steps required to get the mods to run.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 24, 2023

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Have you all had to manually update your mods when major changes come out?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

haha oh ok I didn't fully understand that before, but yeah ok I'll just wait for it to be fixed

I asked Hadron for some advice, and she told me to tell you the following:

Step 1) When you load into the game, select your ogryn character. I imagine you do can do this by mashing your face on the keyboard until it works.

Step 2) when your ogryn character - most likely the biggest character you have - has loaded into to the big metal bird -also known as the morning star, press the "I" key to bring up your characters inventory. (as an aside, Hadron assumes you are playing on PC, and have a functioning keyboard, apologies if this isn't the case)

Step 3) from there, varlet, click on the TALENTS bar at the top of the screen slightly to the right of centre. This will bring up your talent tree. You know what a talent tree is, don't you?

Step 4) press the "E" key or click on the bottom right to reset all your spent talent points. (Editors note: you might wish to write down your current build so you don't forget it afterwards, or use an unused build slot for the penance...you know what, never mind). This will refund all your spent talent points, you will know that this is successful as all of the various nodes will no longer be highlighted.

Step 5) (optional) spend nine (9) talent points in all of the circles BEFORE the green boxes. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT click on the squares that contain the colour green and pictures or either a rock, a box, or a large circle called frag Grenade.

Step 6) begin the penance, may the Omnissiah guide your boxes straight and true. Repeatedly.

Step 7) remember to breathe.

+++

Uh, that's what I've been told to pass along. I hope that makes sense.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Have you all had to manually update your mods when major changes come out?

I just reinstalled the darktide modloader and most of them work. some don't but the core ones work

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 24, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Legit Businessman posted:

I asked Hadron for some advice, and she told me to tell you the following:

Step 1) When you load into the game, select your ogryn character. I imagine you do can do this by mashing your face on the keyboard until it works.

Step 2) when your ogryn character - most likely the biggest character you have - has loaded into to the big metal bird -also known as the morning star, press the "I" key to bring up your characters inventory. (as an aside, Hadron assumes you are playing on PC, and have a functioning keyboard, apologies if this isn't the case)

Step 3) from there, varlet, click on the TALENTS bar at the top of the screen slightly to the right of centre. This will bring up your talent tree. You know what a talent tree is, don't you?

Step 4) press the "E" key or click on the bottom right to reset all your spent talent points. (Editors note: you might wish to write down your current build so you don't forget it afterwards, or use an unused build slot for the penance...you know what, never mind). This will refund all your spent talent points, you will know that this is successful as all of the various nodes will no longer be highlighted.

Step 5) (optional) spend nine (9) talent points in all of the circles BEFORE the green boxes. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT click on the squares that contain the colour green and pictures or either a rock, a box, or a large circle called frag Grenade.

Step 6) begin the penance, may the Omnissiah guide your boxes straight and true. Repeatedly.

Step 7) remember to breathe.

+++

Uh, that's what I've been told to pass along. I hope that makes sense.

GROTTIN WUT IZ THIS TO LONG CANT RED

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I just reinstalled the darktide modloader and most of them work. some don't but the core ones work

I'm gonna go for it then

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

GROTTIN WUT IZ THIS TO LONG CANT RED

Hadron is very disappointed in you, varlet.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
Why does opening Sire Melk's Requisitorium play this sound (right at the end)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLRHejWAo8

It makes me laugh every time.

e: more like Sour Milk's Requistorium And Fart Emporium

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 24, 2023

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Dude Sweet posted:

e: more like Sour Milk's Requistorium And Fart Emporium

rofl get loving wrecked melk you nerd

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Bought the game this week on sale, got my zealot up to level 26. It's been rough going. Heresy is kinda hard, but i keep wiping even on uprising maelstrom missions. Tough going. I'm doing martydom and trying to be as tanky as possible. i'm not good enough to carry my team mates. Fun game though. Fun game.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My Zealot is almost entirely down the left hand skill tree. Prior to the patch it was an absolute rampager but post patch I'm definitely feeling fragile. I need more toughness, so I'm guessing curios would be my clutch?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I think the trick right now is that regardless of class you need a solution for Ragers. They just loving destroy you in melee so you need to have a ranged solution to delete them with or a way to stagger them instantly in melee even if they're mid-combo when they have significant stagger resistance.

Pretty much the only time I'm going down in melee is if a maul/crusher ninja sneaks up on me or I flub a dodge vs one, or I just get Rager'd. Ragers suck.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

My Zealot is almost entirely down the left hand skill tree. Prior to the patch it was an absolute rampager but post patch I'm definitely feeling fragile. I need more toughness, so I'm guessing curios would be my clutch?

Full toughness curios work well for me. That and a revolver to delete things that I can't reach that post a threat quickly. But I do feel a little more fragile, that is true.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Until you get a better feel for your survivability with the class, +health/tough/tough blessings with +health/tough/gunner on the perks is a very straight forward setup for maximum survivability.

I drop one of the +health perks on my Zealot for +revive, personally.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What causes blessing to be locked so cant be reblessed?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

You can only change two of the four consecrations on your weapon. The two you pick are infinitely editable but the two you don't are locked in.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Mega Comrade posted:

What causes blessing to be locked so cant be reblessed?

You can change only two out of four possible things on your weapon. There are two possible perks and two possible blessings. Making a change marks a slot as changed; you can swap out the contents of the changed slot as much as you want but you can only have two changed slots.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Has shipmistress Brahn alwasy randomly been in carnival?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Mega Comrade posted:

Yep. Her first voice appearance afaik

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Magitek posted:

Yep. Her first voice appearance afaik

Outside of her narration in the intro cutscene.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Mega Comrade posted:

It feels honestly like fatshark keeps adding / changing narration and VA lines nearly every day; I know (I think) it’s not the case but Jesus Christ there is a LOT of voice acting in this game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I heard captain wolfer can talk during carnival but it has always been Brahn for me.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I heard captain wolfer can talk during carnival but it has always been Brahn for me.

when you're looking at the missions on the mission board you can see who the narrator is going to be during the mission. For Carnival, you want to pick up the one that's narrated by Marrow. That's the one you get to hear Wolfer get increasingly irate. :allears:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

It's probably the wrong perk/blessing combo, but I've been using this axe for months and I'm not stopping now.

Evil Kit posted:

when you're looking at the missions on the mission board you can see who the narrator is going to be during the mission. For Carnival, you want to pick up the one that's narrated by Marrow. That's the one you get to hear Wolfer get increasingly irate. :allears:

It's nice to know that it's not just the Imperium saddled with bungling twits as underlings, certainly

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Serpentis posted:

It's probably the wrong perk/blessing combo, but I've been using this axe for months and I'm not stopping now.

It's nice to know that it's not just the Imperium saddled with bungling twits as underlings, certainly

I'd try out brutal momentum in the blessing slot for sure. Maybe +flak in the perk slot that you've got.

Axe looks good otherwise. I suspect that headtaker IV is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Infested does more damage against pox walkers, dogs, and plague busters. Unless you need the additional horde clear, infested usually isn't a prime pick.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 24, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just as a side note I was hearing in a video the other day that +CRIT DAMAGE perks only apply to the extra crit part of the damage instead of the entire (damage+crit damage) so you're getting like 10% of just the crit damage instead of 10% of (damage+crit damage). Looks like a pretty good axe though.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Carnival seems to have three voice-over sets: Morrow feat. Captain Wolver, Hadron feat. Brahms, and Zola feat. Hallowette and Melk.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Just as a side note I was hearing in a video the other day that +CRIT DAMAGE perks only apply to the extra crit part of the damage instead of the entire (damage+crit damage) so you're getting like 10% of just the crit damage instead of 10% of (damage+crit damage). Looks like a pretty good axe though.

Can't change the +crit perk due to the crafting rules - there's a lock beside it. You only get to modify 2 of the 4 slots on your weapon. Either 2 perks, 2 blessings, or 1 of each. After that the other things you didn't touch are set into stone, permanently. This, of course, has given rise to "break the locks" discourse amongst the player base, in an attempt to get Fatshark to further expand the flexibility of crafting. It's probably not gonna work.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

megane posted:

Carnival seems to have three voice-over sets: Morrow feat. Captain Wolver, Hadron feat. Brahms, and Zola feat. Hallowette and Melk.

And theres a couple of variations between each set

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They should let Sefoni and Misozi do a mission voiceover pairing

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Legit Businessman posted:

Can't change the +crit perk due to the crafting rules - there's a lock beside it. You only get to modify 2 of the 4 slots on your weapon. Either 2 perks, 2 blessings, or 1 of each. After that the other things you didn't touch are set into stone, permanently. This, of course, has given rise to "break the locks" discourse amongst the player base, in an attempt to get Fatshark to further expand the flexibility of crafting. It's probably not gonna work.

I could have been more clear but that was what I meant by side note. Like if it wasn't locked on a future weapon of anyone ITT they would have further info about how it works to decide if they wanted to remove it or not (as one of the 2 changes you can make).

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm trying to build a better laspistol for my veteran. Testing makes burn damage on crit look pretty bad, the dot is capping out at 21 damage per tick at max stacks. I think ghost is the only reason I can play damnation difficulty, but I might be over-valuing it? I also have access to raking but I'm fairly sure it only really comes up against monstrous enemies.

Are dumdum or toughness on critical kill worth trying to get?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm trying to build a better laspistol for my veteran. Testing makes burn damage on crit look pretty bad, the dot is capping out at 21 damage per tick at max stacks. I think ghost is the only reason I can play damnation difficulty, but I might be over-valuing it? I also have access to raking but I'm fairly sure it only really comes up against monstrous enemies.

Haven't self tested but someone else online told me Dumdum is bugged to proc at all ranges, not just close range. Even if it was just close range it would still be good.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

KPC_Mammon posted:

Dumdum actually has synergy with Infernus in that each burn tick procs Dumdum and also Dumdum boosts the burn damage.

Reassuringly Accurate actually procs pretty dang often and is a nice QOL blessing if you don't need suppression immunity or ranged attack immunity. Ghost is really nice for blasting in tense situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

Arc Hammer posted:

They should let Sefoni and Misozi do a mission voiceover pairing

Okay, is Misozi a heretic?