Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

This poo poo has to go away. Just miserable. (The gambling stuff not you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
im taking the under on josh giddey

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

????????? ???? ???????

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone please rescue demar derozan from this poo poo team, he is tool cool to rot here

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

someone please rescue demar derozan from this poo poo team, he is tool cool to rot here

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1728229382043664432

same

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

kingcobweb posted:

This poo poo has to go away. Just miserable. (The gambling stuff not you)

They’re just trying to give their followers some easy money. JG a will definitely attempt 5 threes unless he gets hurt in the first quarter.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going to start gambling my unemployment check on draftkings, the NBA has convinced me with its commercials.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

what happened in the game today. it was 3:30 am so i didnt watch it but yikes

seems like the magic are to boston what boston is to philly

Jaylen started hot then went 0 for the last 25 minutes. Wagner World was on point. Missed Jrue and Porzingis only played like 8 minutes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ahh, This is my happy place.

The 7th pick in the draft.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

fart simpson posted:

what happened in the game today. it was 3:30 am so i didnt watch it but yikes

seems like the magic are to boston what boston is to philly

Oddly it was the opposite of how the magic usually win. Normally they generate a ton of turnovers and force a lot of fouls with their athleticism, and rack up points in transition off those turnovers. Today the Celtics got to the line a ton and forced more turnovers, but the Magic shot really well and crushed them on the boards

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/deanscorpion_/status/1728145307072958720

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please save this man
https://x.com/KCJHoop/status/1728259978115649691?s=20

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFuFfmntsc

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Got to my first Pistons games in like 15 years and goddamn they're horrible. They just crumble at the end of every game; it's insane.

The Pacers fans around me started laughing when Hayes came in, and they were right to laugh. Worst thing: I think Cade is actively regressing. That dude just refuses to move the ball around; he will take 5 bad contested shots for every one pass out of the paint.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Am I missing something? There's no hole, he lands on the paper and slips off the side of the court.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let it be known that the Kings only lose to teams that they play back to back or almost back to back

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Me: The In-season Tournament is super lame
Also me: gently caress everyone, the Kings are 3-0 in the In-season Tournament and they might finally win something!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

Am I missing something? There's no hole, he lands on the paper and slips off the side of the court.

Yeah that’s what the Community Note says too.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

It's not even a special jersey, just the basic one
https://twitter.com/dubs408/status/1728275086216732967?s=46&t=0x_opuk5bo0lymk_1YRzgQ

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
wtf happened that mo wanger scored 27 points

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
shades of knox:

https://x.com/PelicansNBA/status/1728292613327872306?s=20

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Greg Povoich got on the PA and let everyone know that this was spelled wrong.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Boo to the Pels winning and denying us the madness of every team in West Group be finishing 2-2

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tae posted:

luke kornet

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

He has a handful of 20 pointers a year. He’s a great free throw shooter so it’s usually because he was getting to the line (8/9 today)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I dont know why the "wen-banyama" pronunciation is so common, and got the letter ironer on-er guy int rouble other than maybe "wem" not being a common sound in english, while "wen" is

Like you get Wemb- in some English place and surnames and that's it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The pistons are in a bad place and at least 5 years away from anything resembling hope.

But I honesty feel worse for bulls fans, whose front office jettisoned a top 15 offensive player in Lauri Markanxennenenen, a very solid swing big in wendy carter, plus jimbo butt, for a core of aging third bananas who…. Somehow were a perfect regular season team with one unique player with a non replicable skillset orchestrating, and after that ball got hurt, were an elite regular season defense with a unique motivating coach on the floor in patrice bev.

Now without either of those special characters, they are a bottom 8 team.

Like they proved everyone wrong, twice, in a really short amount of time, and it just didn’t matter.

That is cursed.

Detroit is just a nepotism org with a lovely prison phone extortion private equity slime ball owner. Chicago, cursed

Because of Tom Gores, a lot of prisons got rid of face-to-face visits entirely. Imagine being locked up on some whatever charge and you can never look into your loved ones’ eyes, best your loved ones can do is pay $100 for half an hour of grainy video chat, and if it cuts out, no refunds.

That’s evildoing even for an nba owner

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 25, 2023

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Giddey stuff made the nightly news here which is pretty interesting considering he’s not really that big of a star here, not from my hometown and you’d be lucky to see NBL highlights in the sports broadcast or even NBA highlights unless something really crazy happened.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Josh Giddey watched May December and didn't think Gracie did anything wrong.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
We're 20% into the season and the three best defenses are Houston, Orlando, and Minnesota.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ButtCrackSports/status/1728247049261666705

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Because of Tom Gores, a lot of prisons got rid of face-to-face visits entirely. Imagine being locked up on some whatever charge and you can never look into your loved ones’ eyes, best your loved ones can do is pay $100 for half an hour of grainy video chat, and if it cuts out, no refunds.

That’s evildoing even for an nba owner

Didn't know about any of this - thank you for pointing it out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dokmo posted:

We're 20% into the season and the three best defenses are Houston, Orlando, and Minnesota.

This isn’t the first time the Magic have had a hot start

Didn’t work out for them then either

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I love that the Knicks had probably what would have been their best win of a season and it's a meaningless exhibition LOL

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

mcmagic posted:

I love that the Knicks had probably what would have been their best win of a season and it's a meaningless exhibition LOL

The group games still count as regular season games. So the win over the Heat counts as both regular season and IST, so it's more meaningful!

Tourny games also count as regular season, with the only exception the final one which is an exhibition game for scheduling reasons.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Going far in the IST actually means you’ll have more games against good teams in the tournament so the meta is to rest your guys and lose in the group stage

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

JackBandit posted:

Going far in the IST actually means you’ll have more games against good teams in the tournament so the meta is to rest your guys and lose in the group stage

The most you can lose is 1 game in the tournament, so intentionally losing to avoid losing 1 game is not a very effective meta.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
"The Meta"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lockback posted:

The group games still count as regular season games. So the win over the Heat counts as both regular season and IST, so it's more meaningful!

Tourny games also count as regular season, with the only exception the final one which is an exhibition game for scheduling reasons.

oh lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Dejan Bimble posted:

The pistons are in a bad place and at least 5 years away from anything resembling hope.

Pistons are the team I was most excited for when their draft picks started getting made. Ivey next to Cade, Hayes 6th man.

It just...is flat. I think I am expecting too much too early? So many young guys in the league are just balling out right away.

I don't watch enough of their games to lock down why it doesn't work