Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

This is the worst slap fight ever. I'd rather Rex and others do 5 pages of penguins posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

mcmagic posted:

This is a skill issue. Never watch pregame shows.

what and miss this content?
https://x.com/KenKalDRW/status/1728124311481762199?s=20

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Lmao Sam and Joe are better, yes. You ok mcmagic or grumpy about the recent slide?

he is big mad

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

WeaponX posted:

he is big mad

I ran into an old Rangers fan yesterday and he did say that going to watch a midweek game in New Jersey was like going to a mortuary, so maybe.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1728481493037498873?t=RNVBf0bibsXhX9Dyc30jfw&s=19

Corey Perry really is Creepy Rory.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Only 6 goalies currently have played at least 10 games with at least a .915 save percentage: Hill, Swayman, Talbot, Demko, Jarry, and Shesterkin. The league average for goalies is now 2.99 / .902

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

fawning deference posted:

Only 6 goalies currently have played at least 10 games with at least a .915 save percentage: Hill, Swayman, Talbot, Demko, Jarry, and Shesterkin. The league average for goalies is now 2.99 / .902

Holy poo poo. :stonk:

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't understand why he's in Cleveland, he is obviously too good to be in the AHL (like 14 or 15 points in 9 games or something? and he's 21?) and they need the help in Columbus.

https://twitter.com/BrianHedger/status/1728436083262632027?t=7offMkgLciS8uS7nymNmMQ&s=19

I'd rather he be in Columbus as well, but if he can fine-tune his game and dunk on fools on a loaded AHL team, I can temporarily live with it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

The last time it was this low was in 05-06, when it was .901.

I like hockey when there are multiple 50-goal and 100-point scorers. Death to the year Benn won the Art Ross with 87 points.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Panarin is killing Lafs stat line. Can’t finish!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
top two defensive teams in the league meet, so of course it’s a crazy wide open 7-4 game that could have been 10-5. fun game!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:siren: Rangers 1st in the league :siren:

Weird cuz I was told they would be old and bad hmmm

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

WeaponX posted:

You misread the Blues as the Rangers

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mike_V posted:

You misread the Blues as the Rangers

I’m constantly upset that my sweet boy Buchnevich is stuck on that team

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I have to keep reminding myself they’re doing this without Fox.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Matt Zerella posted:

I have to keep reminding myself they’re doing this without Fox.

You might have to trade him before he comes back and ruins it all for you.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mind_Taker posted:

This is the worst slap fight ever. I'd rather Rex and others do 5 pages of penguins posting

The Penguins are awesome and gonna get hot and smoke the league any day now, you just wait

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

creepy man told to step away from the blackhawks posted:

I am stepping away from the blackhawks,

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Penguins are awesome and gonna get hot and smoke the league any day now, you just wait

March of the Penguins, baby!

So they can finish 12th in the conference instead of 14th.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ullmark played his tenth today and is at .918 too.

WeaponX posted:

No we were talking about your posting.

Boom! Got ‘em.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i've changed my mind nucks aren't gonna sign petey they're gonna trade him to the devils for both their hugheses

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I could definitely go for some Hughesery since we no longer have Sedinery

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

It's interesting because powerplay opportunities, while rising (this is the highest average so far since 2011), are still nowhere near 05-06 levels (3.41 vs 5.85).

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't understand why he's in Cleveland, he is obviously too good to be in the AHL (like 14 or 15 points in 9 games or something? and he's 21?) and they need the help in Columbus.

I had him lumped in with Eklund in my head (who still might end up being good, it's impossible to judge players in SJ), and yeah I don't get it, he had a pretty reasonable year in 2023 and he's destroying the AHL. But hey maybe it's for the better long term, bouncing up and down hasn't hurt Byfield and there's only like 10 or 11 guys from the 2021 draft getting regular time right now (one of whom is a 23 year old Moser).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 26, 2023

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/brianhwc/status/1728572346448113749

look at the sheer mass of our guy

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

christ lmfao

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

The league average for goalies is now 2.99 / .902
Someone's not keeping up (probably the Sharks). Would be nice if it was a standardized 3 / .900.

10% shooting and 90% sv% for 3 goals on 30 shots per game is just so neat and tidy.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.
Kinda random question, but are there any good behind the scenes, "riding the bus"-type books about any hockey league? A few years back I got "Chasing the Dream: Life in the AHL" by Ted Starkey out of the library, but it was pretty disappointing. It was like 50% "Wikipedia-level info about the organization" and 50% "Sanitized newspaper article that any reporter would write". You know, just generic stuff like quotes from the owner about how "We're building a Culture and a Community" and quotes from 36-year old grinders about "Yeah this team is the best, I never want to leave".
It wasn't all bad, there was occasionally interesting stuff sprinkled in (like a breakdown of a team's income vs. expenses, or "our team doesn't have a stick sponsor so if you break too many we might go into the red this year" or stuff like that) but in the end I didn't even finish it. Any suggestions?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
The Game by Ken Dryden?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Is there a Shoresy audiobook?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

What an absolute unit. God drat.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/nhlplayersafety/status/1728613518868386156?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

https://twitter.com/statboy_steven/status/1728586948128768339?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Trouba going insane

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should be legal to shoot Jacob Trouba in the face.

Edit: it might be, nobody has tried.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 26, 2023

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

That should be a 20+ game suspension imo

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

What the absolute gently caress would he have to do to get suspended?!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i feel like scott niedermayer got a ten-gamer for that back in the day

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

That’s pretty bad, but have you considered gently caress the Bruins?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I always consider gently caress the Bruins and that's a loving suspension, what the hell?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ok so suspend Frederic too, problem solved.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Brettbot posted:

Kinda random question, but are there any good behind the scenes, "riding the bus"-type books about any hockey league? A few years back I got "Chasing the Dream: Life in the AHL" by Ted Starkey out of the library, but it was pretty disappointing. It was like 50% "Wikipedia-level info about the organization" and 50% "Sanitized newspaper article that any reporter would write". You know, just generic stuff like quotes from the owner about how "We're building a Culture and a Community" and quotes from 36-year old grinders about "Yeah this team is the best, I never want to leave".
It wasn't all bad, there was occasionally interesting stuff sprinkled in (like a breakdown of a team's income vs. expenses, or "our team doesn't have a stick sponsor so if you break too many we might go into the red this year" or stuff like that) but in the end I didn't even finish it. Any suggestions?

There's two books out by the Canadiens' equipment manager. He's seen a lot of poo poo!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

This angle it doesn’t look quite as bad, Trouba obviously trying to pull his stick free rather than wind up and hit Frederick, but still
Surprised it’s not a suspension.

https://twitter.com/mjzibanedad/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lol five thousand bucks.