Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm so glad Dr. Who is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Poor Sylvia she must be having a breakdown

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

This particular sonic magic feels like it would have come in handy in a lot of previous adventures.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So presumably the alien bug men are trying to save the Meep, and the thing inside the spaceship was their prisoner that UNIT accidentally let out?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also I hope RTD was looking Moffat directly in the face as he wrote about aliens just openly being about in modern day London again.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Shadow proclamation mentioned!!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Worlds laziest twist would be the meep is in fact the baddie, so I'm assuming its not that.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Oh.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I mean this is based on a comic and that is pretty how it goes there so.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh. Yeah. Not a fan of the twist :smith:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I like it! All praise the meep!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
That is one cool wheel chair.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I enjoyed "Gravity stanchions; Brandished" as a line.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"The Doctor" :bisonyes:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Oh Donna

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Reversing the ignition... sucks the cracks closed again and fixes the road?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
This is aggressively Russel T Davies and I welcome it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Okay, the toys being who references is very cute.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is utter nonsense.

I loving love it :neckbeard:

SiKboy posted:

Okay, the toys being who references is very cute.

Yeah, loved that.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Beep the fuckin Meep

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
This owns lol peak RTD

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

This is utter nonsense.

I loving love it :neckbeard:

Yeah, loved that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is MetaCrisis Real Hahahaha Time Lord Just Wish It Away From Your Cortex Like Time Lord Close Your Eyes Haha

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I don't know what to think about the new tardis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't know about the walkways but the minimalist console is great and I am so happy it isn't a shadowy mess anymore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nice interior!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Confusedslight posted:

I don't know what to think about the new tardis

I dont love it, too cold and clean for my personal taste. Dont hate it, but not my thing. Much easier to film in that Whittakers I imagine.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

SiKboy posted:

I dont love it, too cold and clean for my personal taste. Dont hate it, but not my thing. Much easier to film in that Whittakers I imagine.

And as soon as I say cold and clean it gets something spilt on it and catches fire.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Feels very apple producty if that makes sense. Still has time to grow on me! I like the changing color lights in it though!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SiKboy posted:

And as soon as I say cold and clean it gets something spilt on it and catches fire.

Zohar posted:

This owns lol peak RTD

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welcome back Doctor Who, I've missed you so much :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh I don’t like the breathy acapella over the end theme. Nope, no thank you:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
We are so loving back.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought it was pretty good. Worried at the beginning at some mixing issues where you could barely hear the dialogue over all the bombast. Kind of interesting there's no real drama around the regeneration (so far), it's like Jodie never happened. Maybe since it's an old/new Doctor again, there's no awkward getting-to-know-yourself phase or lack of ability.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Nice to hear the middle eight again after all these years.

And yeah, not entirely sold on the iTardis, but I'm prepared to let it grow on me.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
That was big dumb emotional fun which is 100% guaranteed to piss off hateful dickheads. I love it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I MISSED YOU DOCTOR WHO!!! :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Most annoying part of the episode? Disney+ broadcasting only in 5.1 and I have a 2.0 setup.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Harlock posted:

I thought it was pretty good. Worried at the beginning at some mixing issues where you could barely hear the dialogue over all the bombast. Kind of interesting there's no real drama around the regeneration (so far), it's like Jodie never happened. Maybe since it's an old/new Doctor again, there's no awkward getting-to-know-yourself phase or lack of ability.

There were a number of references to him having been Jodie, the one thing I didn't quite get was that Donna and Rose both knew that this was a different Doctor to 10 and that he had been a woman before, and I wasn't sure where they got that knowledge. But also their brains were beyond human comprehension at that point so I guess that's as good a reason as any!

Edit: Watching Unleashed, and Tennant and Tate are having the time of their lives, it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jerusalem posted:

There were a number of references to him having been Jodie, the one thing I didn't quite get was that Donna and Rose both knew that this was a different Doctor to 10 and that he had been a woman before, and I wasn't sure where they got that knowledge. But also their brains were beyond human comprehension at that point so I guess that's as good a reason as any!
Yeah there were some references, I just meant it seems like the most peaceful regeneration that's ever happened. No amnesia, or sleepiness, or losing a step. Just a fully formed Doctor right out of the gate.