Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
cz sanctions city 1,667,153 apparent violations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Ariong posted:

I reread the Vox article from the journalist that Sam spilled his guts to in the immediate aftermath of the FTX collapse and, wow, he really does hate CZ so much. He brings him up out of nowhere just to complain about him.

:qq: How come Changpeng gets to do crimes and I don't? It's not fair. Mom!!!!

see? this perfectly explains why cz turned himself in. he feels to me like the kind of person willing to do prison time in exchange for being allowed to show up at one of sam's upcoming trial as a witness to gloat in person

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
montenegro will allow terra's do Kwoon to be extradited to the US or SK. I haven't followed that one but that's a nice streak of crypto dipshits getting got

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So much good for bitcoin

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Actually removing all exchanges and coins will make their value go to infinity.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

rowkey bilbao posted:

montenegro will allow terra's do Kwoon to be extradited to the US or SK. I haven't followed that one but that's a nice streak of crypto dipshits getting got

i think he was hiding out in singapore for a while before deciding that was too hot and moving to the balkans. i figure he thought that was safer than dubai since he could buy local protection more cheaply, or that he could actually move to some remote region and no one would find him, something that's definitely possible in this day and age short of moving to a jungle camp in a remote war-torn province of the drc or something. in any case, it seems like it's not working out too well for him

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Wasn't rapist Andrew Tate also in Montenegro when he got arrested?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Don't Kwon single handedly hosed Dubai relations as he was caught with a ticket there to hide from extradition. He is the example of crypto people going to money laundering locations and avoiding extradition in the process. Dubai would have shielded him but Montenegro went hard nope, as they are trying to become a part of the EU.

The two men were arrested in late March while trying to board a flight from Podgorica, Montenegro’s capital, to Dubai.

If anything is going to screw said countries so hard they eventually shift policy, I'd hope this is the start.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lol at the idea of some crypto guy getting tied up with ribbons and showing up in brussels on the steps of the eu parliament with a card that says "for u -xoxo montenegro"

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

:nyd:: Do Kwon

:hmmyes::

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

gschmidl posted:

Wasn't rapist Andrew Tate also in Montenegro when he got arrested?

Romania.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

yeah i somehow missed a whole bunch of pages there, sorry

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

rowkey bilbao posted:

oh no this will be like that stargate thing where they catch all the bad guys but its part of their plan and when they're all together something bad happens

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's probably +EV for his lifespan if do kwan is in a korean or american prison instead of hiding out in eastern europe.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
hopefully they spend the next 2 years wheeling in those criminals at each other's trials, preferably in confortable little plexiglas chariots to minimize the risk of cross criming

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Boxturret posted:

oh no this will be like that stargate thing where they catch all the bad guys but its part of their plan and when they're all together something bad happens

who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to interrogate the bitcoiners in the same building as the federal reserve bank vault

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ymgve posted:

who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to interrogate the bitcoiners in the same building as the federal reserve bank vault

Bitcoin Heist 2: Seraph’s Revenge

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

thread IKs please make this the title I beg you.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Yeah Andrew Tate was in Romania specifically because they're lax on sex trafficking and would generally leave his "business" alone. But the Romanian authorities eventually caved to pressure from the rest of the EU (because what the actual gently caress) and arrested him.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah Andrew Tate was in Romania specifically because they're lax on sex trafficking and would generally leave his "business" alone. But the Romanian authorities eventually caved to pressure from the rest of the EU (because what the actual gently caress) and arrested him.

also greta thunberg trolled him into revealing his location

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

haveblue posted:

also greta thunberg trolled him into revealing his location

Lol yes that too

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They already knew where he was and were moving in, but it's funnier to think he shitposted his way into prison.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tunicate posted:

They already knew where he was and were moving in, but it's funnier to think he shitposted his way into prison.

Like that chud that died from accidentally tasing his own balls repeatedly, it's one of those "didn't actually happen, but is still true" things.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Like that chud that died from accidentally tasing his own balls repeatedly, it's one of those "didn't actually happen, but is still true" things.

that absolutely happened

drk
Jan 16, 2005
our money printing friends at tether have made an unlikely alliance with... the government agency that investigates money printing

i wonder if someone was trying to buy tether with a sack of fake $100s from the internet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

drk posted:

our money printing friends at tether have made an unlikely alliance with... the government agency that investigates money printing

i wonder if someone was trying to buy tether with a sack of fake $100s from the internet

secret service gets involved with a lot of treasury work but I like the idea of some moron (logansryche) trying to sell inkjet benjamins, managing to sell them for tether, then getting stuck trying to turn it into money only to have the feds come knocking

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tunicate posted:

they happened to already be moving on him, but she would've had his rear end if the police hadn't figured out where he was hiding by then, and that more detailed story is still perfectly satisfying and hilarious to me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

if you're hiding from the authorities maybe don't feature a local pizza chain in your angry reply to an environmentalist

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Boxturret posted:

if you're hiding from the authorities maybe don't feature a local pizza chain in your angry reply to an environmentalist

It'll never happen to me!

Oh hello, consequences of my own actions.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Boxturret posted:

What is this a reference to

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Alan Smithee posted:

What is this a reference to

andrew tate making an angry video message to/about greta thunberg, which featured a pizza box in frame from a hyper-local pizza place, allowing internet detectives to locate him

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

infernal machines posted:

andrew tate making an angry video message to/about greta thunberg, which featured a pizza box in frame from a hyper-local pizza place, allowing internet detectives to locate him

this is why you shouldn't get pizza from any place that has its own box. it should look like this

and if it's from a really good place it'll be in a paper sleeve instead of a box

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm glad it's at least Real®

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i feel like every pizza place outside of italy but part of the roman empire should have that as a seal of quality

would be more honest than "delicious italian pizza" outside of italy

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"food"®

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

i'm glad it's at least Real®
Even if the cops may have been onto Tate long before Greta dunked on his ridiculous collection of leased sports cars, be secure in the knowledge that he was absolutely trying to type a reply when they kicked in his door and tazered his balls.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Even if the cops may have been onto Tate long before Greta dunked on his ridiculous collection of leased sports cars, be secure in the knowledge that he was absolutely trying to type a reply when they kicked in his door and tazered his balls.

i was talking about the pizza box

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
all these shameful goons have apparently never seen the real milk symbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

all these shameful goons have apparently never seen the real milk symbol

i feel no shame in not recognising american archaic symbology