Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I still have moo shu stuck in the tread of my driving moccasins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the episode where frasier adapts a no shoes indoors policy after getting new carpet but the condo board bans his (extremely tasteful) shoe tree from the hallway

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Frasier got Oprah money now, he bought the building.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

They made the main character rich for Cosby Mysteries and Roseanne, and I think those are remembered fondly.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I mean Kelsey is a turd, but he's had a rough go of things. He's allowed a few brain worms. So far he's not egregiously terrible.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't think Grammer has necessarily let his brain worms get in the way of his actual work as far as I know. Apparently there were times where he'd just sit around like a zombie on stage until he was called up to act and then suddenly became Frasier.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

That makes "The Boss" eerie to watch in retrospect.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should tell Kelsey Grammar that he is in a reality show being filmed 24/7 in the style of a Frasier mockumentary but he has to improv due to the nature of it.

We could swap Grammar out and have a real life Frasier Crane in our world.

Just tell him it's an editing day when you need to give him a day off to record Sideshow Bob

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They should tell Kelsey Grammar that he is in a reality show being filmed 24/7 in the style of a Frasier mockumentary but he has to improv due to the nature of it.

He already sort of was when I met him in the 90s. There was no line between Kelsey Grammar as a person and Frasier as a persona every time I interacted with him.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I guess Grammer gave an interview with the BBC where he confirmed he's still a Trump supporting but the Paramount folks shut it down?

You love to see it folks.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

poo poo bag.

Amazing how Niles vicariously redeemed the David character with the "send me to trade school" line.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I guess Grammer gave an interview with the BBC where he confirmed he's still a Trump supporting but the Paramount folks shut it down?

You love to see it folks.

I saw that as well, the reporter said that after the cameras were off he was "happy" to expound on his Trump support, but then Paramount's PR people stepped in and shut that down real quick.

He also said he was inspired to bring Frasier back by Tim Allen and Roseanne Barr, too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tim Allen's Santa Clause series is pretty good if you like those movies.

He has the ability to shut his mouth and play nice when it means he gets to get an ep credit and cast his daughter in a lead role

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The first Santa Clause movie is okay.

The other ones are dog poo poo. I have strong opinions on this i guess.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The first Santa Clause movie is okay.

The other ones are dog poo poo. I have strong opinions on this i guess.

I like the second one. Never made it through the third. But I love the crazy robot Santa

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
The Santa Clause movies became good like fifteen years after when I understood the punny spelling

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Kelsey Grammer is a stupid rear end in a top hat, but at least isn't a snitch so he gets points for that in my book

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I can't really defend this, but I guess part of me wishes interviewers just wouldn't ask about this stuff. I'd honestly rather not know. The really awful ones have a way of outing themselves anyhow.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I hadn't really been keeping up with the new series episodes after watching the first two or three, and now I just won't bother. Thanks Kelsey! :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I will never care, Kelsey Grammar has infinite forgiveness from me. He could have been at Jan 6th and I wouldn't give a gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It was disappointing hearing about it years ago. This it's just confirmation that, yup, he's still the same guy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Just set the Frasier theme as my ringtone. The blues are calling, guys. I've gotta answer this one.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Kelsey Grammer was vocally pro-Iraq war 20 years ago when the show itself was still on, whatever cancelling of him in my mind occurred then but I never stopped liking "Frasier". Perfect example of when to separate the art from the artist imo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just remember, his Dad was stabbed to death in front of his eyes by a man named Niles. And then he spent fifteen years pretending a man named Niles was his brother whom he loved.

So his head ain't right.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I really, sincerely don't get that. I want to hear all the conversations the cast and crew had about that.

Like I imagine them coming up with a name for the character and Grammer just growls out "Nnnilessss..."

Everyone stops and thinks, my God, that's perfect. Niles. Can we use that?

Grammer doesn't respond. He's looking into the distance, clenching and unclenching his fists to an unheard rhythm.

"Okay, Niles it is! Good work, everyone."

"Yes. Yes." Whispers Grammer. "Well done indeed...

...Niles."

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

His brother was eaten by a shark! :( Some people experience so much trauma that I'm willing to forgive a mere opinion.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Batman has less trauma in his backstory than Kelsey Grammer does.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SettingSun posted:

Batman has less trauma in his backstory than Kelsey Grammer does.

I was thinking Tracy Jordan

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I will never care, Kelsey Grammar has infinite forgiveness from me. He could have been at Jan 6th and I wouldn't give a gently caress

"Niles, who are these 'Proud Boys?' Is that some offshoot of the Boy Scouts?"

"That man appears to be dressed in some sort of frontiersman's regalia, let's ask him."

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Supporting Trump" is way more troubling than just "voted for him prior to January 6" or "is generally Republican/conservative". At this point you've really got to push past a lot of proven moral and civic issues. That being said, I'll still watch stuff he's in unless he really starts using his platform for evil. If he never mentions this again then I'm content to never mention it again either.

*sigh* I can't say I love the odds of that happening though

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
truly, the star of Money Plane deserves all the simping

if I could explain why millenials are obsessed with sitcoms from the 90s and 00s, I'd probably be rich. Frasier was never the one that hit for me, my guilty pleasure is 30 Rock, but at least I don't make excuses for Tina Fey's bullshit lol.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Sir Lemming posted:

I can't really defend this, but I guess part of me wishes interviewers just wouldn't ask about this stuff. I'd honestly rather not know. The really awful ones have a way of outing themselves anyhow.

I'm fine with it. Lets me know what shows not to watch!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Sir Lemming posted:

"Supporting Trump" is way more troubling than just "voted for him prior to January 6" or "is generally Republican/conservative". At this point you've really got to push past a lot of proven moral and civic issues. That being said, I'll still watch stuff he's in unless he really starts using his platform for evil. If he never mentions this again then I'm content to never mention it again either.

*sigh* I can't say I love the odds of that happening though

Yeah at this point in history, if you're supporting Trump, you're pretty much saying "I'm okay with fascism", which goes a bit beyond merely expressing a political opinion

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Kelsey already has a handler to keep him from saying things who is pulling the leash. Hard to believe anyone who has a genuine ‘one more time’ line is long gone.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
The show itself has Kelsey’s weird ego all over it too tbh. Like just the fact that the character considers himself this sexy rich psychologist superstar and is still going around on dates with attractive women at 70 years old and all the other characters just accept this as fact. Like if the show wasn’t created by him I’m sure it would be less positive towards his character and it would make for a more interesting show.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What if one human being had the worst luck and the best luck SIMULTANEOUSLY

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Annabel Pee posted:

The show itself has Kelsey’s weird ego all over it too tbh. Like just the fact that the character considers himself this sexy rich psychologist superstar and is still going around on dates with attractive women at 70 years old and all the other characters just accept this as fact. Like if the show wasn’t created by him I’m sure it would be less positive towards his character and it would make for a more interesting show.

There are countless examples of old rich dudes with young hot wives. Not sure how that puts any stretch on your suspension of disbelief.

Patrick Stewart is 83, his wife is 44. John Cleese is 84, his wife 43.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I think the saving grace is that the much younger women inevitably get tired of him and his poo poo within a 20 minute plot arc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Annabel Pee posted:

He hasn't successfully gone on a date yet! He almost left with June Diane Rafael but she noped out pretty fast.

I will say the word thing with him pretending to sundown for Freddie's appearance in the last episode was loving bad, pretending to have a mental illness to help your son get laid, or pretending your dad has a mental illness to get laid... Frasier himself is not above it, but bad characterization on Freddy's part, I do not feel like he would do that.

Last few episodes I really think David has actually begun to click though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

The General posted:

There are countless examples of old rich dudes with young hot wives. Not sure how that puts any stretch on your suspension of disbelief.

Patrick Stewart is 83, his wife is 44. John Cleese is 84, his wife 43.

It’s nothing against it being unrealistic it’s more than I think the writing is kind of afraid of poking too much fun at the elements of Frasier that are closer to his actual personality.