Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

KungFu Grip posted:

No matter the outcome for WWE and AEW with the Punk signing the correct response is lol lmao to everyone involved on both sides

In all seriousness, I do think this is going to be a boost to WWE business and the product will still be mostly unwatchable garbage. And I do think barring a course correction, it is going to indirectly hurt AEW as it makes them look even more like they aren’t real competition.So, overall, I think it’s bad because WWE is never going to be engaging to me again and AEW is still great wrestling with lagging booking.

That said, lol lmao it is incredibly funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

CM Punk still sucks bad lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If I were Tiny I would just never even come back to Chicago for another show again

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Punk vs Miz in a suck my blood money covered dick match

brought to you by Slim Jim

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

:effort:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Mons Hubris posted:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Mons Hubris posted:

thats what makes it funny

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He rules

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/HaangEmHiigh/status/1728634153787080993?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s been long enough. It’s time for Dean to come home…

nonononononon

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WWE/status/1728635655977062847?s=20

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

cm punk will be on the cover of the next 2k game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s been long enough. It’s time for Dean to come home…

time to reunite the shield and have them be champion punk's minions again

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Was the War Games match better or worse than this years Dead or Alive cage match?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Congrats Punk, you finally made it to the big leagues.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hear Cum Punk already got in a fist fight with Billy Kidman

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
now that the punk return is off the list, can we get working on the return of the realest guy in the room?

royal rumble number 30. how you doin?

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Phony Phil made his big debut. Happy for him to find a job

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Was the War Games match better or worse than this years Dead or Alive cage match?

Who cares its a WWE match nobody watching cares about it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a.lo posted:

cm punk will be on the cover of the next 2k game

survivor series usually is the cutoff to get guys in so yeah this would make sense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd say Sami's chances of becoming champ just became zero but lol I gotta be real with myself here

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Who do you think he fistfights first

I'm gonna go with Angelo Dawkins

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Didn't see dead or alive but wargames seemed pretty disorganised (bad way) and just kind of ended

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

punk might beat rollins but nobody is beating the big dog oouuuwahhh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

punk might beat rollins but nobody is beating the big dog oouuuwahhh

He doesn’t need to beat him to win. He just needs to get that WrestleMania Main Event Moment

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It sounds like the people in the match knew about the return beforehand, which would make Seth's reaction even funnier. Drew stormed out of the ring and to the back before Punk's music even hit, too.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
I saw the Punk news pop up in one of my feeds and thought it was a joke. :stare:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Now that reaction seemed a lot more real to me than the later clip of him, but maybe the acting was just better in the initial reaction and worse in the second one with some of the people around him detracting from it actually seeming like a real reaction.

If it were any other company I wouldn't believe they would be dumb enough to have a major employee say they hate someone's guts and don't want them in their company and then hire that hated guy without telling the guy who hates them at all about it, but rather blindside them with it on a live broadcast. With WWE I'd totally believe they'd do that and then expect the two guys to work together (which reasonably speaking I'd think they would), which is what give me a glimmer of belief that Seth got blindsided and those are his legit reactions.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

T3hRen3gade posted:

I saw the Punk news pop up in one of my feeds and thought it was a joke. :stare:

i mean

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NowonSA posted:

Now that reaction seemed a lot more real to me than the later clip of him, but maybe the acting was just better in the initial reaction and worse in the second one with some of the people around him detracting from it actually seeming like a real reaction.

If it were any other company I wouldn't believe they would be dumb enough to have a major employee say they hate someone's guts and don't want them in their company and then hire that hated guy without telling the guy who hates them at all about it, but rather blindside them with it on a live broadcast. With WWE I'd totally believe they'd do that and then expect the two guys to work together (which reasonably speaking I'd think they would), which is what give me a glimmer of belief that Seth got blindsided and those are his legit reactions.

Even if the heat is real WWE will absolutely have a match and make some money off of it unlike the geniuses who made negative money off a little backstage heat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Punk returned to main event night 4 of a buy one get one free extravaganza

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's cool that Chick Magnet Punk is going to job to Roman Reigns imo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think it's funny that once again Punk drama has overshadowed a pretty good main event.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Would it be funnier if Punk beats Roman for all the belts, or if after all this he still never gets a mania main event?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Would it be funnier if Punk beats Roman for all the belts, or if after all this he still never gets a mania main event?

He's going to win Seth's belt and defend it in the main event... of Night 1 of Wrestlemania

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
liked the womens war games match better than the mens because it had an actually more interesting story with Paranoid Bayley's eventual ousting out of Damage CTRL even though she was the workhorse and carried the team but still took the fall after getting the poo poo kicked out of here compared to "Will Randy Show Up" which yeah of course, and then they kinda of just win and do a weaker version TWICE of both the Bloodline War Games and the Women's War Games match earlier, w/ Charlotte & Becky of "Will this team coexist" (answer was yes)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
preemptively calling any reports of backstage drama cm punk causes "fake worked shoot bullshit" because, for some reason, i am choosing to believe that Charles Montgomery "chitty master" punk has truly changed his ways this time

anyway, this is the funniest outcome, and lmao I hope Cody's ready for the annual ic title ladder match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

preemptively calling any reports of backstage drama cm punk causes "fake worked shoot bullshit" because, for some reason, i am choosing to believe that Charles Montgomery "chitty master" punk has truly changed his ways this time

anyway, this is the funniest outcome, and lmao I hope Cody's ready for the annual ic title ladder match

The one continent-based title Dusty always wanted to win was the IC Title, it only makes sense for Cody to close the book on that story.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

liked the womens war games match better than the mens because it had an actually more interesting story with Paranoid Bayley's eventual ousting out of Damage CTRL even though she was the workhorse and carried the team but still took the fall after getting the poo poo kicked out of here compared to "Will Randy Show Up" which yeah of course, and then they kinda of just win and do a weaker version TWICE of both the Bloodline War Games and the Women's War Games match earlier, w/ Charlotte & Becky of "Will this team coexist" (answer was yes)

as soon as kairi debuted i thought there was a good chance that she and iyo would cut bayley out of the group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Will KENTA finally get the bag from Papa Trips?

https://x.com/kentag2s/status/1728637255420444799?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g