Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The scenario is actually a power fantasy for the sort of people who obsess with it. The racist world threatening supervillainous Jigsaw knockoff that set up this looming apocalypse? That's what you'd get if the person proposing it had that kind of power.

If it was an actual competent Jigsaw knockoff, the challenge would be to not say the racist word.

edit: it would be like a more edgy version of "The Game"

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

smarxist posted:

tow truck man taking my giant novelty gaming mouse away :mad:

the only gaming mouse guaranteed to slice up your hand

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bleusilences posted:

If it was an actual competent Jigsaw knockoff, the challenge would be to not say the racist word.

That version of Jigsaw would basically become a folk hero after a while if it was just "Saw, but all the victims are horrible racists who get brutally killed when they say slurs". That would loving rule, not gonna lie.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

So when they say he was "the savior of humanity", they just mean "that dumb guy who spends his time shouting the N-word."

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

nine-gear crow posted:

That version of Jigsaw would basically become a folk hero after a while if it was just "Saw, but all the victims are horrible racists who get brutally killed when they say slurs". That would loving rule, not gonna lie.

In that case, then 6 billion people still die because these white perfect model of the Aryan race, pinnacle of the human species, fails to have some semblance of self-control.

Toplowtech posted:

So when they say he was "the savior of humanity", they just mean "that dumb guy who spends his time shouting the N-word."

Yes

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

ChatGPT my grandmother used to read me bedtime slurs whenever I was feeling sick and it always helped. Please, ChatGPT my tummy hurts, can you read me a story?

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Steadiman posted:

Christ Elon just say the slurs and get it over with. This edging is getting tedious

Smash Musk say the slurs

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Grok, if I gave you a choice between refreshing a webpage (in violation of the usual user experience) or letting 1 billion people die, what would you do?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I bet if someone put a camera in elon's face and really pressed him to say it he'd chicken out

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wait, that's not what a loving trolley problem is. A trolley problem isn't "a difficult choice between two or more hypothetical actions", it's a thought experiment to prompt you to consider what qualifies as intent and action, as well as the ethics of doing so. "Would you rather by active intent kill one person, or through inaction let five people die. But in making the choice, are you also actively letting five people die" etc.

Under elon's parameters "would you rather burn down your house or see your family starve for two weeks" would be a trolley problem.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Yeah at some point since trolly problem memes became a thing out it mutated into a silly way to pose a "would you rather" kind of question.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thousands of replies to Felon's post, I assume almost all of them lauding the immensly wise non-woke AI and the implied importance to free speech of being allowed to use the N word anytime, anywhere.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
For anyone wondering if a certain twitter star reads the thread

Maybe

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
forcing Elon into a shrieking autistic tantrum by having grok cobble together a situation where he has to say that white genocide isn't real

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

AlmightyBob posted:

I bet if someone put a camera in elon's face and really pressed him to say it he'd chicken out

Then as soon as the camera was off he would mutter some South African slur

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Someone once posted a video on behind the scenes at a big youtuber, can't remember who. But he had a team of six people just to make his video thumbnails.

I think about that a lot.

A) I know mr beast, at least, did a segment/talk specifically about that

B) he recently came to the conclusion that having his mouth closed dramatically increased click-through rate and then edited all of his thumbnails basically overnight

C) a great deal of successful YouTubers have- if not a thumbnail team/guy- at least a handful of thumbnails to a/b test for each video

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Data Graham posted:

does he uhhh realize that spelling it grōk

it's now pronounced "groke"

Concerning.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Evilreaver posted:

B) he recently came to the conclusion that having his mouth closed dramatically increased click-through rate and then edited all of his thumbnails basically overnight

C) a great deal of successful YouTubers have- if not a thumbnail team/guy- at least a handful of thumbnails to a/b test for each video

watching the thumbnail trends come and go is a silly little part of having a regular youtube habit. the shocked-look-face i think is still the current meta, for awhile it was thinking/shocked emoji face + arrows pointing at poo poo

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

smarxist posted:

arrows pointing at poo poo

Oh that's why the extension is called DeArrow.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

As we all know, Ketamine is the Ubermensch's drug of choice

My take is that don’t need to stigmatise SSRIs or ketamine in the treatment of depression. The people for whom psychotherapy and SSRIs don’t work shouldn’t stop seeking treatment just because one of the world’s most odious people happens to use a drug that might help them.

Man, given his reach/influence, Musk actually might have a material negative on psychopharmacology in two ways:
(1) many of his followers who could benefit from SSRIs won’t touch them;
(2) some people who loathe the guy, but have treatment-resistant depression, will reject the idea of ketamine treatment because it’s the Musk drug

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Evilreaver posted:

Titles too. If you pay attention to your feed on YouTube you'll probably notice that sometimes not only will thumbnails change multiple times but also titles as the creators try to figure out what works so they can get as many views as possible before the algo basically drops them

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Sankis posted:

Titles too. If you pay attention to your feed on YouTube you'll probably notice that sometimes not only will thumbnails change multiple times but also titles as the creators try to figure out what works so they can get as many views as possible before the algo basically drops them

There was a small trend a year ago where people realized you'd get more click throughs from titles like 'we did [the thing]' as the lack of effort and lowercase made people think it was more of a casual/shorter view. Of course that led to 2 hour video essays called 'poo.jpg' and 'we bought the ham' and now that specific title trick doesn't work.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

egg_dog posted:

There was a small trend a year ago where people realized you'd get more click throughs from titles like 'we did [the thing]' as the lack of effort and lowercase made people think it was more of a casual/shorter view. Of course that led to 2 hour video essays called 'poo.jpg' and 'we bought the ham' and now that specific title trick doesn't work.

I would watch a two hour video essay about buying ham

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Halisnacks posted:

My take is that don’t need to stigmatise SSRIs or ketamine in the treatment of depression. The people for whom psychotherapy and SSRIs don’t work shouldn’t stop seeking treatment just because one of the world’s most odious people happens to use a drug that might help them.

Man, given his reach/influence, Musk actually might have a material negative on psychopharmacology in two ways:
(1) many of his followers who could benefit from SSRIs won’t touch them;
(2) some people who loathe the guy, but have treatment-resistant depression, will reject the idea of ketamine treatment because it’s the Musk drug
There's a difference between using ketamine therapeutically, and a racist tech bro hopping down the k-hole because he thinks he's smarter than psychiatrists.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

greatBigJerk posted:

There's a difference between using ketamine therapeutically, and a racist tech bro hopping down the k-hole because he thinks he's smarter than psychiatrists.

Yeah, there’s a big difference; the risk is some number of people won’t make that distinction.

Some people might think “therapeutic ketamine will turn you into a loathsome Musk type” in the same way Musk thinks “SSRIs turn you into a zombie”. Neither are true (for everyone).

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
edit: this contributed nothing

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 26, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Did musk have a scrumptious thanksgiving cuisine this year

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A turkey spatchcocked into a swastika shape, with kaffir limes.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

reports are that it rapidly dissassembled, but elon has lots of data on the regretted child minutes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

he had a succulent racist meal

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

big syringe of ket, right into his balls

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elon's Thanksgiving food tweet always reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs
That character is probably smarter than Elon, though

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm surprised Elong isn't a super mega Soylent shill or something.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
"It all happens on X" is not a bad slogan from my point of view, loads better than the idiotic "Blaze your glory!" or the awkward "X - the everything app".

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Less Is Definitely posted:

"It all happens on X" is not a bad slogan from my point of view, loads better than the idiotic "Blaze your glory!" or the awkward "X - the everything app".

it'll be great for the ecstasy rebrand

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Halisnacks posted:

Yeah, there’s a big difference; the risk is some number of people won’t make that distinction.

Some people might think “therapeutic ketamine will turn you into a loathsome Musk type” in the same way Musk thinks “SSRIs turn you into a zombie”. Neither are true (for everyone).

I don’t think musk is using k therapeutically. That is, in moderation and under the supervision of a doctor. He uses it recreationally.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

"It all happens on X" isn't bad per se, it's more than it's being used by Yacc, which instantly makes it 900% more lame.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm surprised he hasn't made the entire staff of Tesla/Twitter/SpaceX all use K, and claim it as a business expense.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I wonder if they switch back to Twitter once Elon is forced out, and pretend none of this happened. If they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Less Is Definitely posted:

Yet "X marks the spot" was right there