Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Courtney Cox gonna get haunted by CGI David Arquette while broken arrow theme plays.

David Arquette turns out to be an AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Maybe they'll finally bring Joel back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They see how much money Five Nights At Freddy's made and is calling Matthew Lillard as we speak.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
All they have to do is donate money to trump like Scott cawthon

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The time is right for Ortega and Barrera to suddenly announce doing a Scary Movie sequel

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

The time is right for Ortega and Barrera to suddenly announce doing a Scary Movie sequel

They can restart the I Know What You Did Last Summer franchise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of, apparently Beetlejuice 2 has finally finished filming.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
finally lets get politics out of movies

*Beetlejuice tries to force Jenna into marriage*

oh no

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I liked Napoleon, gently caress the haters.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I can’t wait for the four hour version

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m saving myself for the 4 hour version of Napoleon

Now I need Nick Cave’s Gladiator 2 script and Zack Snyder’s American Revolutionary War epic to be lit

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Napoleon's historical political/military stuff just feels like a wiki slideshow/10th grade book report/Clash of Kings ad sometimes (when it's not just visually striking), but it also has a lot of focus on him being a.) Extremely horny and b.) Really bad at loving and imo that's where the film shines (it should've been a gross 90s erotic thriller about Napoleon and Josephine).

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 26, 2023

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly the British should knight Ridley Scott a second time because it's a movie mostly about how Napoleon is a weird loser and a cuck and maaaaybe kindaaaa Hitler. It's funny because they didn't make him particularly short but went off in almost every other possible direction.
Really hoping someone makes a film about how Winston Churchill was one of the 20th century's great monsters.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Yeah I'm fuckin seeing this in 70mm relishing every troll moment

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's a little terrifying how many people are mad about this movie but it also highlights why this movie is so great.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm hoping the 4 hour cut is as big a jump in quality as the extended cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

I also hope it comes out on a 4k disc instead of being lost forever on apple+.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm hoping the 4 hour cut is as big a jump in quality as the extended cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

I also hope it comes out on a 4k disc instead of being lost forever on apple+.

For as much as I liked Napoleon, it did feel like it fast-forwarded through the story.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm going the other way imo. Just need a 90 minute cut that focuses on Napoleon being a super horny awkward cuckold who is really bad at loving, with some of the battle scenes spliced in. Maybe just Austerlitz.
It's a gorgeous movie sometimes but honestly I didn't find many of the battles that visually compelling and even if you had another hour filling more of the political details it's a.) all such a book report PowerPoint slide thing and b.) ideologically and historically it's all like Barnes and Noble/History Channel dad stuff about Napoleon and the French Revolution anyway ("they went too far!!! 'White Terror'? What's that?")

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

live with fruit posted:

It's a little terrifying how many people are mad about this movie but it also highlights why this movie is so great.

This is why Kingdom of Heaven is one of his best.

I encountered a comment online who loves Prometheus but didn't know Scott made it. The best thing is they recognised that it's a movie about [Scott's complicated relationship with] religion.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

live with fruit posted:

Who knew there were so many bonapartists around

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drunkboxer posted:

Who knew there were so many bonapartists around

We just lije to bonaparty!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

live with fruit posted:

Are they mad that Napoleon is a poo poo person?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The MSJ posted:

This is why Kingdom of Heaven is one of his best.

I encountered a comment online who loves Prometheus but didn't know Scott made it. The best thing is they recognised that it's a movie about [Scott's complicated relationship with] religion.

Its also a close remake of alien except dumber in some spots

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

We just lije to bonaparty!

Napoleon was just fighting for his right to Bonaparty

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well the extended version have the part where Napoleon travels to the future to go on a water slide and eat ice cream?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Are they mad that Napoleon is a poo poo person?

Well France still uses the governorship/province demarcation, currency, high school testing, devised by Napoleon, and in the movie he did seem like an idiot that did none of these things. But then again, that was funny and my favorite part of the movie so whose right here.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Its also a close remake of alien except dumber in some spots

yes and no. It's a thematic update of Alien, rather than a direct remake. Alien is a cosmic horror film. The Alien is incomprehensible and terrifying in its incomprehensibility, its lack of parrallels with any earth biology, even down to the nature of its life cycle. Aliens, while a brilliant film, is not cosmic horror. It makes the Alien sort of make some sense. It's a bit like a bee or an ant. Prometheus is making the alien's nature and life cycle even more opaque than it ever was, answering questions with things that just raise further questions.

Alien is about how the universe is cruel and random, and there are no values presiding over god's cruel kingdom, just the survival of the fittest. The horror comes from us potentially not being the fittest. Prometheus suggests that the universe is cruel, but not random. It is that way because God hates you. Probably because of something you did.

Prometheus rules

It's also probably Scott's best looking film.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

DailyWire released a trailer for a transphobic sports movie made entirely to trigger the libs, with a bonus Ted Cruz cameo. Watch at your own peril

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py2MzGtmaJ0

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I missed this Hallmark Christmas movie about a kid who stacks Jenga blocks based on a true story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jkFms1ERg

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tars Tarkas posted:

DailyWire released a trailer for a transphobic sports movie made entirely to trigger the libs, with a bonus Ted Cruz cameo. Watch at your own peril

I know this is low effort propaganda but even if you were in the tank for this poo poo I don't know how you could get over how depressing this all looks

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

TIL: there's a DailyWire+

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tars Tarkas posted:

Nah bro I'm sweet

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Most of the audience for Daily Wire movies are probably reaction/commentary YouTube channels.

Meanwhile, Taika said the quiet part out loud.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well, yeah

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Wow rich people also have to work jobs they don't like to support their children, who knew

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

For a guy who didn't understand Thor, he sure made a good Thor movie

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Wow rich people also have to work jobs they don't like to support their children, who knew

Idk how wealthy he was before Thor. I mean his earlier movies had been successful but he wasn't "Hollywood" yet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

Movies like this typically end with the main characters discovering they were wrong and lovely and learn humanity

But lol this ain’t gonna be that. I gotta know how it ends at least whenever it gets deuced out.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Him framing this as "I had to do Thor to support my family" is also kind of funny because he cheated on his (first) wife with his PA during the production of Thor 3, leading to their divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

This makes richest guy on Earth, Elon Musk, who does jobs he barely knows how while not supporting his children, look even worse

Chairman Capone posted:

Him framing this as "I had to do Thor to support my family" is also kind of funny because he cheated on his (first) wife with his PA during the production of Thor 3, leading to their divorce.

I just learned yesterday he's married to Rita Ora now.