Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
but for me, it was tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Alan Smithee posted:

Dark Branson

When asked about the turkey, President Biden trailed off, mumbling something about a 'bad dude named Butterball.'

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm still in awe that Black Mirror's very first episode was about the British PM loving a pig, and then four years later it actually turned out to have been true all along.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it always felt like it couldn’t have been a coincidence, and someone knew something before the rest of us.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

This is a cognitohazard.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/lispeaks_/status/1669026715450974236?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it always felt like it couldn’t have been a coincidence, and someone knew something before the rest of us.

Well, Brooker wrote the pig sketch in his Newswipe columns a couple years before Black Mirror was a thing - it was actually beloved radio and TV host Terry Wogan doing the deed and the punchline was that his popularity skyrocketed so high that he did it every Friday on live TV. It became the PM later.

There's no evidence Terry Wogan ever had congress with any farm animal, but he probably could have got away with it by twinkingly rougeishly.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

For the curious. This is Polly Pocket and not a Daria reboot where Quinn and her friends go nuts on a snack table.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

This is a cognitohazard.

Just like all your other posts

Mister Speaker posted:

When asked about the turkey, President Biden trailed off, mumbling something about a 'bad dude named Butterball.'

lol

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Inceltown posted:

For the curious. This is Polly Pocket and not a Daria reboot where Quinn and her friends go nuts on a snack table.

They look like teenagers. I think that's just normal.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tenebrais posted:

They look like teenagers. I think that's just normal.

This is indeed how my teenagers eat.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/dreamleaf5/status/1727889305119359100?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Nov 25, 2023

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Milo and POTUS posted:

A food debate AND a tipping debate in a single thread. Is this the untimely end of the the twitter thread
No, much like Twitter itself, this thread continues to claw its way through existence.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
trying to find a tweet that's like "in every holiday movie about a strong independant big city woman coming back to her hometown, the love of her life is the first guy she sees standing there"

anyone got it for me

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Nov 25, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

thank you sir

i do recall there being a part about him standing there very vividly

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There's a bu ch if these that have run together in my head.

https://twitter.com/owenbroadcast/s...rk-movie-tropes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

thanky

Alan Smithee has a new favorite as of 09:33 on Nov 25, 2023

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Preston: wow you were ugly as gently caress in highschool looks like father time fixed your tits

Kelly: my fiancée only cares about medicine

Preston: snow gets me hard

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
not a tweet but belongs in christmas movie chat

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

ELTON JOHN posted:

not a tweet but belongs in christmas movie chat

please continue to doxx me.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1728515670986616995?t=4klj0FSXLVHL1T7M6bW5NQ&s=19

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There's a bu ch if these that have run together in my head.

https://twitter.com/owenbroadcast/s...rk-movie-tropes

Would have essentially responded to tweet 1 with tweet 2

much easier this way, danke

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Everybody who stayed in the hometown in those movies just understands the simple things in life are the most important, whereas everyone from my high school who stayed in my hometown did so because they're alcoholics or meth heads who need their family's help to have a roof over their heads.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Everybody who stayed in the hometown in those movies just understands the simple things in life are the most important, whereas everyone from my high school who stayed in my hometown did so because they're alcoholics or meth heads who need their family's help to have a roof over their heads.

But you repeat yourself!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/chairmanwon/status/1728371371967918459

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I went to an American-themed bar in Shinjuku and it was weird AF. I forget what the name of the place was but it had a subtitle on the marquee that read, “Beer Communication” which got us to go inside.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that beer as a medium of communication or communicating with the beer?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I think its communion with beer. The beer is the medium to the world of spirits

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

OwlFancier posted:

Is that beer as a medium of communication or communicating with the beer?

Yes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
who tf named them texaboos and not yehawboos

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
https://twitter.com/YHayro/status/1728569433789026760

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I prefer the Rawhide Kobayashi version

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

This place has a menu about what I'd expect.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It was this place. All of the servers were dressed like Jennifer Anniston’s character from Office Space:

They also had some weird ideas about what you can/should mix with beer:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I dunno about pineapple shandy, but “michelada” and “black and tan” are well-established genres of beer-based drink.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Dameius posted:

This place has a menu about what I'd expect.

Menu pictures are never good but it looks pretty drat legit for American southern food in Japan

https://twitter.com/chairmanwon/status/1728372090179670239

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

It certainly looks like it has hosed someone.