Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

BalloonFish posted:

Same - that stuff was so good. That and Ricicles.

I still get both sad and mad about those two going away on a far too regular basis.

Also Chocolate Cornflakes. They were a short-lived thing in the late nineties, came in a yellow box and had a heavy coating of the same chocolate dust they used for Coco Pops. They were intensely good and I mourn them to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Mega Comrade posted:

These questionars always seem weirdly vague to me. What is "some spaces and services", does a smear test service count? What about a prostate exam?
I sometimes feel they keep it vague to pad the numbers a certain way.

Oh it's absolutely part of the strategy. It's a poll specifically commissioned by starmer fans, for one, and vague wording to make it sound like your position is obvious is standard "gender critical" stuff. "do you believe sex is real", "a woman is an adult human female" etc. Even the gender recognition reform bit is a bit questionable, it lumps in any reform at all with the diagnosis part so you combine "i think this is good because it goes in the right direction of making it easier" with what they're trying to imply the survey shows ("i think this is good because it keeps a diagnosis as part of it")

e: also Start was great. i don't know if it actually was the sporty health food they pretended it was but it was nice anyways

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I am currently collecting tokens from my goats milk because I want a plush goat. I need 15 bloody tokens tho which will take me about 30 weeks!

Almost like it's designed to make me buy more milk and not about the happy fluffy goats. Sheesh.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
You youngsters don't realize how privileged you were growing up.
We had cornflakes in the summer and porridge (with Golden Syrup) in the winter and that was your lot.
The only time we were allowed anything posh with toys in it was if we were staying with grandparents.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Also. loving hell going cold turkey off your ADHD meds sucks. I finally ran through my reserves and I'm out.

Pharmacies can't get any more lisdexamphetamine and I'm a headache filled scatter brained angry to be around mess. Yay.
Go brexit.

E: I did take a nice picture of one of my cats under our tree tho

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

You youngsters don't realize how privileged you were growing up.
We had cornflakes in the summer and porridge (with Golden Syrup) in the winter and that was your lot.
The only time we were allowed anything posh with toys in it was if we were staying with grandparents.

so it existed you just werent allowed it.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I still get both sad and mad about those two going away on a far too regular basis.

Also Chocolate Cornflakes. They were a short-lived thing in the late nineties, came in a yellow box and had a heavy coating of the same chocolate dust they used for Coco Pops. They were intensely good and I mourn them to this day.

I had completely forgotten about these but now I am also sad and mad!

There was a similar Kellogg's product that I always associate with holidays in France that was more like chocolate flavoured 'shells' - very inferior to the Flakes which were like one of those chocolate corn flake cakes broken up and put in a bowl. Yum.

I think the Choco Flakes were around at the same time that Coco Pops was briefly renamed Choco Krispies? Presumably some marketing exec at Kellogg's pitched some Brand Synergy Plan that didn't work.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'D RATHER 'AVE A BOWL OF COCOA POPS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

If you didn't have 5000 of these laying around the house, you weren't that poor.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

happyhippy posted:

If you didn't have 5000 of these laying around the house, you weren't that poor.

Okay now you're just making me feel old.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

I had completely forgotten about these but now I am also sad and mad!

There was a similar Kellogg's product that I always associate with holidays in France that was more like chocolate flavoured 'shells' - very inferior to the Flakes which were like one of those chocolate corn flake cakes broken up and put in a bowl. Yum.

I think the Choco Flakes were around at the same time that Coco Pops was briefly renamed Choco Krispies? Presumably some marketing exec at Kellogg's pitched some Brand Synergy Plan that didn't work.

"I'd rather have a bowl of choco krispies" was such an obviously forced slogan that didn't even scan right that this must have been deliberately set up to fail.

On the topic of "set up to fail for marketing reasons" I've always believed that the good lads of One True Voice were also deliberately set up to fail so that rival Popstars winners Girls Aloud would look better in comparision. Those boys were led to the slaughter. I tearfully sing Sacred Trust in Me on Rememberence Sunday to show my respects.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mebh posted:

Also. loving hell going cold turkey off your ADHD meds sucks. I finally ran through my reserves and I'm out.

Pharmacies can't get any more lisdexamphetamine and I'm a headache filled scatter brained angry to be around mess. Yay.
Go brexit.

Bugger about the meds man. :(

I think that is a seriously cool pic of the kitty. :krad: :thumbsup:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Mebh posted:

Go brexit.

Insane that pharmacies can just “run out” of drugs that aren’t paracetamol.

I was put on propranolol a few months ago and I do get scared I won’t be able to get it one day. I don’t mind being on a drug for potentially the rest of my life because it’s so effective, and when I forget to take it and realise how bad I feel without it. Actually I’m being put on a different beta blocker soon and genuinely anxious it won’t be “as good”.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

BalloonFish posted:

Chocos! They had a frog on the packaging I think? They have them here now but they're called Coco Pops Chocos, because for some ungodly reason every single chocolate themed cereal that Kelloggs make is Coco Pops here. Just give us different mascots Kelloggs you weird cowards.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They used all their mascot animals on coco pops in the 90s

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tedsville posted:

Okay now you're just making me feel old.

I had a dozen of these on my bike!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tedsville posted:

Perfect encapsulation of what this loving country is like. A columnist trying to normalise wearing arctic clothing in your own home instead of asking why gas is so expensive.
Even more fun is everyone in the country pretending that having the heating on is a moral choice, when I'm sat here with joint pain that gets worse in the winter and starts to affect things like typing and grip strength.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 26, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

happyhippy posted:

what is it?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cock

Oct 4, 2005

Its a clip for your bike.

I am also ancient.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Orange chicken, very tasty.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Her Dryer posted:

"I'd rather have a bowl of choco krispies" was such an obviously forced slogan that didn't even scan right that this must have been deliberately set up to fail.

Clearly the coco pops/choco krispies election was an elaborate op set up by the uk government to instill in the youth a faith in the ability of democracy to bring about meaningful change on the issues. in this five hour video essay i will

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I've seen coco puff flakes and coco puff balls in the shops lately, so they're diversifying that brand.

I do miss ricicles though. And honey nut loops. Honey loops just aren't as good.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

happyhippy posted:

gently caress, Proustian reverie.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Unkempt posted:

Orange chicken, very tasty.

Disagree.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Collected a load of them shits and I didn't even have a bike

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Miftan posted:

Disagree.
It's like lemon chicken without the heartburn!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Chocolate orange chicken

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Kellogs currently do something called 'Zimmy's choco dragon egg shells' which im pretty sure is a rebranded version of some too chocolatey cereal from my childhood that i cant recall the name of.

They also do a full egg version but they're just big nesquik.

Does anyone actually like nesquik btw as a kid i found them very bland and the only fun thing about them was how much they look like rabbit poo poo.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

They are loving bland, just like Weetos.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I used to love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. AKA Cinnamon Grahams. AKA Curiously Cinnamon (loving stupid name). Also proud to have done my bit during the Choco Krispies naming crisis.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Chocos! They had a frog on the packaging I think? They have them here now but they're called Coco Pops Chocos, because for some ungodly reason every single chocolate themed cereal that Kelloggs make is Coco Pops here. Just give us different mascots Kelloggs you weird cowards.

It was a bear, in my market (Benelux) anyway. They were my favourite for a long time.

I think "Smacks" was a frog.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
It used to be that my NHS dentist would do the checkup and then routinley do a quick scale & polish at the end and it would all be included as a band 1 treatment. This didn't happen last year. The dentist tried to upsell me to the hygienist for a band 2 cleaning instead. I was annoyed and it seemed like having got new ownership the service that used to be provided wasn't. Went back again this year on Tuesday and got the same response. I explained that I was frustrated by the situation and the dentist basically just shrugged and said that's how it is and that he recommended the band 2 cleaning. This wasn't because there's any critical issue now, but because it would 'reset my teeth to where I could get them fully cleaned using my toothbrush as there's now some parts (plaque buildup?) I can't do manually'. I sulked and left without booking this. Given I can afford the extra £45 for a band 2 appointment, am I just as well ignoring my annoyance and paying that for the long-term good of my teeth and to reduce chance of dental pain moving forward? I'm currently 40 and have only had a couple of fillings and no real dental pain.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

happyhippy posted:

I had a dozen of these on my bike!

Same, plus those clickety clackety bead things.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Even more fun is everyone in the country pretending that having the heating on is a moral choice, when I'm sat here with joint pain that gets worse in the winter and starts to affect things like typing and grip strength.

Yep, the "I'm okay being a bit cold so expensive heating isn't a problem in this country" mentality, aka an extension of "This problem doesn't affect me personally so it doesn't exist" brain that horrible people have is really prevalent here.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol, tommy robinson got arrested for 'being tommy robinson'
https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1728776275022516390

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Mebh posted:

That's a grinch, not a cat. Expect hijinks in a few weeks.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Apraxin posted:

lol, tommy robinson got arrested for 'being tommy robinson'
https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1728776275022516390

owned

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Arrested for embarrassing Important people on the anti-Semitism march by being on the same side as them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Doesn't Tommy love England so much that he lives in Spain?