Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What if cm punk is genuinely a double agent right now... a true hero for us. like The Boss. not big boss. i don't give a gently caress about that overrated loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LA Knight interrupts, takes the sunglasses off and says "welcome to the jungle, boy" and it's gonna be the only thing he thinks about for 3 years

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

I mean they do have one main eventer - it's just usually the same guy for 10 plus years each time

that position is part time now so it doesn't count

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

that position is part time now so it doesn't count

fair

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

LA Knight interrupts, takes the sunglasses off and says "welcome to the jungle, boy" and it's gonna be the only thing he thinks about for 3 years

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Chris James 2 posted:

lmfao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

"See these Ray-Bans? Real glasses."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

41 year old LA Knight has spent enough time “in this business-uhh” to know to collab with Punk on his promos

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey remember when two days ago we heard that senior WWE wrestlers, "guys you wouldn't want to keep in the dark", had no idea Punk was coming in, and how this meant that he wasn't coming in because the WWE runs a mature, responsible dressing room?

I do.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Good thing Talking Smack isn’t around. Punk would meltdown if the Miz cut a promo on him like he did with Danielson.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The political hit

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

cm punk is going after dominik

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Astro7x posted:

I think CM Punk is a great sports entertainer, and I'd much have him in the fed I don't care about than AEW.

Yeah same. Losing Punk may be bad for business but as with Cody it improves my AEW viewing experience. Now I just need MJF to go to WWE.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Astro7x posted:

I think CM Punk is a great sports entertainer, and I'd much have him in the fed I don't care about than AEW.

This. But Punk being such a huge hypocrite is also funny.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah same. Losing Punk may be bad for business but as with Cody it improves my AEW viewing experience. Now I just need MJF to go to WWE.

MJF is one of those people I feel like WWE wouldn’t know what to do with.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If this was for money, I really thought Punk as a landlord would be sufficient and with AJ helping with WOW, that he wouldn’t need to go to the WWE for money. I think that time can heal wounds and 10 years is a long time. I think I wouldnt have an issue with Punk going to WWE if his departure and the situation surrounding his departure from AEW wasn’t so acrimonious. It reminds me slightly of how Regal left AEW and that left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope he finds happiness in the WWE now and will see what he does to see if it’s anything interesting. I just hope he had some self awareness that he won’t be the guy in wwe and that he can accept that.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
lol Punk came back last night

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Nah he’s got that Starz Heels money. He’s good.

I'm not so sure given the rumors around his AEW return had him giving up a lot and it was said cause he needed the money. I'm sure sticking it to Tony is the bug reason for the return but I think him needing money also is a bug part of it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TV Zombie posted:

If this was for money, I really thought Punk as a landlord would be sufficient and with AJ helping with WOW, that he wouldn’t need to go to the WWE for money. I think that time can heal wounds and 10 years is a long time. I think I wouldnt have an issue with Punk going to WWE if his departure and the situation surrounding his departure from AEW wasn’t so acrimonious. It reminds me slightly of how Regal left AEW and that left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope he finds happiness in the WWE now and will see what he does to see if it’s anything interesting. I just hope he had some self awareness that he won’t be the guy in wwe and that he can accept that.

im sure THIS time phil brooks has changed his ways for good and is here to play team ball

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly I hope it all goes fine and AEW drove him uniquely insane because that would be the funniest outcome.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

shiksa posted:

im sure THIS time phil brooks has changed his ways for good and is here to play team ball

People can change. I know it’s a short time from his time with AEW to WWE but maybe that would be a better environment for him.

I think I’m trying to convince myself with my argument.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punk will bring the Revival and Aleister Black back into the fold :pray:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Alaois posted:

"See these Ray-Bans? Real glasses."

lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Its his last shot to leave a legacy which I think Punk does care about so I'd imagine at the start he'll be on board cause if he fucks up he'll only have Impact/Japan/Lucha left and whelp....

How long that will last especially when he gets told he's gonna lose to Bloodline BS.....

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Roman turns down his advice and the kill bill siren plays

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Punk will bring the Revival and Aleister Black back into the fold :pray:

And Bret Hart goes to AEW.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I hope he finds happiness

I really don't think this is possible for someone like him lol

that 'everyone is out to get me' mentality can and will ruin anything

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really want to know what wwe promised Punk. Like AEW literally gave punk everything he could have ever wanted and still acted the way he did. What do you think wwe is offering him.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TV Zombie posted:

People can change. I know it’s a short time from his time with AEW to WWE but maybe that would be a better environment for him.

I think I’m trying to convince myself with my argument.

in fairness, i have zero connection to the wrestling character "Chick Magnet Punk" besides being told that he's the biggest deal thats ever been and then he came and made a big mess of the show i like, so idk, i think we're just passing ships in the night on this issue

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I really want to know what wwe promised Punk. Like AEW literally gave punk everything he could have ever wanted and still acted the way he did. What do you think wwe is offering him.

"you'll get to be on television again in a major wrestling company"

"deal"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

'we will let you talk poo poo about your greatest enemy, who has wronged you more than everyone else combined, aew'

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The_Rob posted:

money and a chance to publicly “stick it to Tony” in some form or fashion

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The_Rob posted:

they def at LEAST promised a wrestlemania main, like wasnt that his white whale when he was the pipebomb man?

cody's story just got turned into a doubleheader

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I cannot wait for the anti AEW promos.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

punk was down so bad he was negotiating with tna

I doubt they had to offer him much at all

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I cannot wait for the anti AEW promos.

Ooh poo poo it’s the Monday Night Wars all over again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is a work.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I know Punk is a giant hypocrite but there’s a lot of cope on these forums about him right now and I don’t know how I feel about it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fart blood posted:

I know Punk is a giant hypocrite but there’s a lot of cope on these forums about him right now and I don’t know how I feel about it.

well this forum has 4 aew threads and aew's latest big signing was cope so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The_Rob posted:

"here is a lot of money and also nobody in our locker room is going to get out of line with you because we run this place like a business not a fan convention"