Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dante is back!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

I wonder why the promos aren’t on TV. They’ve all been really good but they’re stuck on socmed. Harkens back to when the best out-of-ring Fed stuff was all Dot Com exclusives.

They were on Collision! They were wrapped up in video packages but there were promos in there, plus the ones at the top of the show. I’m guessing they’ll recut whatever else shows up on socials into short informative video packages like they did last night.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Copeland challenging christian for the belt makes sense because of exactly what he said - Christian cares about it so deeply. Adam wants to take it from christian more than he wants to have it.

He’s obviously going to to lose from interference, but now he’s going to need some help to avoid getting beaten down again, and with darby (and probably sting) out of the picture… who steps in here?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

They were on Collision! They were wrapped up in video packages but there were promos in there, plus the ones at the top of the show. I’m guessing they’ll recut whatever else shows up on socials into short informative video packages like they did last night.

My mistake. That’s good then. Apologies for my assumption.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

My exclamation mark was just for my own excitement, not intended to seem like I was yelling at you. I overuse them, such is my curse.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You try to keep the negativity in the negativity thread and people still aren’t happy and derail the main thread. Oh well we can condense the Hell thread back into this one

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

Copeland challenging christian for the belt makes sense because of exactly what he said - Christian cares about it so deeply. Adam wants to take it from christian more than he wants to have it.

He’s obviously going to to lose from interference, but now he’s going to need some help to avoid getting beaten down again, and with darby (and probably sting) out of the picture… who steps in here?

It's time to bring back the Edgeheads

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I just find sincere cynicism to be boring at this stage in my life. I can complain when this company does things I don't like but in the end is it really worth more than a shrug when I have hundreds of hours of classic wrestling playing on my TV, a local Indy to go to, and a Wrestle Universe sub to get my fix? Dynamite's a fun way to spend two hours every week, and Collision is there if I'm in the mood on the weekends too for some live content. I know that, in general, I'm a much more optimistic person online when it comes to wrestling and always have been - getting insanely into it in late 2007 and watching on a tape delay in high school, with the first Raw I could watch as it aired being the "Stan Kroenke" episode will do wonders for perspective - but as funny as ironic dooming can be (I LOVE those sarcastic JR audios and making bad wrestler pun names lmfao) I think there's a point where one can take a hobby so seriously that it clouds all judgment and just makes one miserable and at the point it's like, why even bother? There's so much wrestling out there. But y'know, that's been a cycle as long as wrestling has been a thing. You can find some incredible Usenet posts from back in the day complaining about how bad the first episode of WWF RAW is and how the fed killed the territories; it's great stuff. No real point getting worked up about how other people watch a TV show because it's not in any way a personal slight; I just know posting like that is not for me, so I simply don't and I move on with my life. :shrug:

Rhonne posted:

It's time to bring back the Edgeheads

There is nothing stopping him from bringing in Matt Cardona, Brian Myers, and THE BIG GUY and frankly it's cowardly that he has yet to do so

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I loved screaming for Big Bill and Edward at the show last night. Gravity survived way too long against House of Black. Kommander is rad, tho. I got to see Shibata :) but then he lost to Yutes :(.

Glad to see Kevin Kelly at the commentary desk because it meant I didn't have to listen to him be lame n junk.

Only stayed for a couple of RoH matches but glad I got to see Dalton Castle. Oh poo poo, that made me remember Lucha.. Err, Killswitch* destroyed one of The Boys with the chokeslam to the outside. But then Killswitch got murdered and we all hooted and hollared at that.

Good show!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In keeping with the title, does anyone still have that gif of Samoa Joe just letting Punk hit the ground from a ring jump while he just laughs and brushes it off? I would enjoy a sensible chuckle.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You try to keep the negativity in the negativity thread and people still aren’t happy and derail the main thread. Oh well we can condense the Hell thread back into this one

You can’t win here

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You can’t win here

We win every day in the thread about Satoshi Kojima elbow dropping CM Punk in the nuts.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Brody/Eddie is fantastic

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

What napping does to an mf

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

On The Internet posted:

I loved screaming for Big Bill and Edward at the show last night. Gravity survived way too long against House of Black. Kommander is rad, tho. I got to see Shibata :) but then he lost to Yutes :(.

I for sure thought Gravity died (on the way back to his home planet) after that weird tumble into a knee to the face in the corner.

Also feeling good about my prediction that we’ll get Hook/Yuta title vs title with Hook winning and spending some time in ROH for extra seasoning.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

People complaining about the negativity in the AEW Hell thread, and yet nobody does anything about the toxic positivity in the AEW Mecca thread :colbert:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

What napping does to an mf

Rest does the body good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Rest does the body good.

You must be doing it wrong then

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Top Flight is back thats the only wrestling news that matters

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm doing it so right, many have come up and said, Sir, you're doing it the most right.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

Top Flight is back thats the only wrestling news that matters

For real, I’m so loving excited. I hope we get some insane spot fest in Montreal with those fellas.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Silly Burrito posted:

In keeping with the title, does anyone still have that gif of Samoa Joe just letting Punk hit the ground from a ring jump while he just laughs and brushes it off? I would enjoy a sensible chuckle.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just quickly I'd like to say AEW is the place to be.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Aw hell yeah. :tipshat:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want top flight and action to win the trios titles and start defending them regularly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Genuinely praying for the good health of the top flight boys.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i want top flight and action to win the trios titles and start defending them regularly

Against other high flying teams. Like gimme that squad vs Komander/Vikingo/Dralistico

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i like you shard but that's a questionable statement. you've seen what other people's opinions are like

yes you make a good point. Not all other perspectives. What I really meant is like I read the sumo and joshi threads even though I don't watch those things because sometimes it's cool to see how others are in other threads. But no I'm not trying to go read hateful stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

Just thought about Bandito and Brian Cage

that would be so loving good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope there becomes an arm wrestling belt. not anytime soon but one day when everything is established

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

neoaxd posted:

I can't tell you for sure, but I can confirm it will be someone from New Zealand.

When did Brody move?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Give them the belts and then make all trios matches Lucha tag rules

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

My exclamation mark was just for my own excitement, not intended to seem like I was yelling at you. I overuse them, such is my curse.

I once had a english composition professor who told me that I should write roughly 5 exclamation points in my life.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I once had a english composition professor who told me that I should write roughly 5 exclamation points in my life.

Sounds like a real nerd!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounds like a real nerd!

yes he was an english comp professor

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounds like a real nerd!

hope you make better use of the other four

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Against other high flying teams. Like gimme that squad vs Komander/Vikingo/Dralistico

The goal of AEW's trios division should be trying to recreate the Dragon Gate six man from Final Battle 2006 as often as possible.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

:hmmyes:

So glad that Dante was able to heal up. The injury was horrible to watch live and I really like both Top Flight boys a lot. Darius and Action have been a fun duo so sticking with that trio should be a no-brainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dimebags Brain posted:

The goal of AEW's trios division should be trying to recreate the Dragon Gate six man from Final Battle 2006 as often as possible.

I just want King of Fighters