Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somec
Jul 15, 2006

There's an extended cut of Taskmaster Hotel with the Twosans (I love that group name) and it's great. One of my favorite tasks ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtU0sB61oGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was an all-time great no doubt. Thinking about other sitcom scenarios they could put contestants in. Entertain two dates at the same time without them noticing? Get the best emergency present for an anniversary you forgot about? The possibilities are endless!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Get the best emergency present for an anniversary you forgot about?

That's probably be a half-decent prize task.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I tried to think of which sitcom rather than which scenario. Porridge was the first one that came to mind, not sure why as I never really watched it! But there might be something in a prison setting. Dad's Army is a bit too "period" to work as a task. I mean, if you blend them together you could get to "Perform a Great Escape. Greatest escape wins" - which has the advantage of being quite open-ended.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Tenebrais posted:

That's probably be a half-decent prize task.

:hmmyes:
Somebody should tweet that at Alex Horne.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

itry posted:

:hmmyes:
Somebody should tweet that at Alex Horne.

The poor man must be tearing his hair out for task ideas at this point. He needs a bot to help come up with them.

(Please no more instant disqualification tasks with long list of rules. Please.)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Organic Lube User posted:

poo poo like this fully justifies piracy.

I like how youtube mutes some scenes due to music copyrights or some other horseshit.

hell I was using plutotv or some other FAST streaming service to watch TM and noticed some music substitutions/switches. lol at music CRs.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Paladinus posted:

It was an all-time great no doubt. Thinking about other sitcom scenarios they could put contestants in. Entertain two dates at the same time without them noticing? Get the best emergency present for an anniversary you forgot about? The possibilities are endless!

"stuck in an elevator" and "clip show" could be cool. "impress a boss" is awfully close to "impress this mayor." what else...

how about "convince a group of people a cool person or group is coming to your event and then break the news that they're not coming to the event, but secretly they agreed to show up to surprise the group of people after they had been told the bad news about the cool person/group not coming"?

also, a "very important episode" could be fun, but i don't know if UK tv did those like the U.S. or if it'd translate to comedy lol

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Lucy's doughnut task was pretty shocking but man I dunno, with hers at least it was done. Susan just kept adding onto it, I just couldn't believe what was happening. Me and my gf watch this over dinner and I simply could not look at the screen, but I just had to know what else she was going to bring out from behind the table.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hotel Taskmaster reminds me of the old improv show "Thank God You're Here"* where the contestant is thrown into a sketch with little or no context, and then basically spend 2 minutes learning the rules, 2 minutes feeling pretty comfortable with what they're throwing at them, and 2 minutes being overwhelmed with everything catching on fire.

*I always thought it was a UK show that was adapted into a US version, but it turns out it's an Australian show with US and UK versions among others! And the Australian version was revived!

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Morpheus posted:

Lucy's doughnut task was pretty shocking but man I dunno, with hers at least it was done. Susan just kept adding onto it, I just couldn't believe what was happening. Me and my gf watch this over dinner and I simply could not look at the screen, but I just had to know what else she was going to bring out from behind the table.
I spent Susan’s VT terrified that she was going to keep going as she was, and then do what Lucy did.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Just caught up; I was cackling and my wife was literally weeping with laughter during the group of 3's hotel attempt. I think I lost it when Alex comes back to the caravan and does the double-take on finding Sam just standing in the corner of the room.

I've seen that Sam wasn't everyone's cup of tea this season, but having never heard of him before this, he won me over completely.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

All 3 of them independently commenting on Alex’s legs was so good.

The whole sequence was one of my favorites ever.

This has been one of the best casts and seasons ever.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I love how the hotel task was like 2 different shows, one being about a hotel guest from hell and the other being about a hotel from hell. I went from feeling sorry for the Sues to feeling sorry for "Crs Tuvwyx".

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Qrs

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Oh of course. :bang:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Side note: YouTube subtitles worked for this season and they were greatly appreciated, especially with regard to Lucy.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Some Strange Flea posted:

I spent Susan’s VT terrified that she was going to keep going as she was, and then do what Lucy did.

Yeah I was convinced she was going to chew all that stuff up and spit it on the doughnut and make Alex eat it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phigs posted:

I love how the hotel task was like 2 different shows, one being about a hotel guest from hell and the other being about a hotel from hell. I went from feeling sorry for the Sues to feeling sorry for "Crs Tuvwyx".

Alex getting out as fast as he could without even asking for his pants was pretty funny.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Especially while the two uniques waving goodbye with Julian doing the "go away peasant" sign

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Hotel task was easily the best task of the season because Alex lost complete control of the task.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

stev posted:

The poor man must be tearing his hair out for task ideas at this point. He needs a bot to help come up with them.

(Please no more instant disqualification tasks with long list of rules. Please.)

Some of the recent prize tasks sure suggest he needs all the help he can get :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Today's prize task is: bring in the best prize task."

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Leatherhead posted:

I've seen that Sam wasn't everyone's cup of tea this season, but having never heard of him before this, he won me over completely.

YouTube keeps suggesting his appearances on other panel shows and he’s very weird.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Sam definitely wasn't my cup of tea either. I didn't mind him on the show at all but that clip of his standup did nothing for me. It had the same energy as a staged internet sketch where it might have been funny if it hadn't been entirely planned. At least most of his Taskmaster quips were improv. I did enjoy the series-long grey theme with the colour punchline at the end.

I might have been influenced because I found it so annoying that Lucy would bring in something stupid and odd but actually kind of clever if you think about it from a different lens, and Greg would poo poo on it and give one point, and then Sam would bring in something completely stupid and Greg would say "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. 5 points." I think I disagreed with Greg more this season than any other one mostly because he kept giving high points to Sam...

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
there's nothing for it. you'll have to best him in single combat

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

People seem to be saying that once someone is "winning" they immediately become boring and the worst contestant ever, but it feels like they don't do the overall scores as often? I tried to keep a note when I was rewatching series 15 and it barely came up.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Yeah I thought it was odd that at the end of the ninth episode they didn't mention the overall scores. Came as quite a suprise to me in the last one that Julian was so close to Sam in terms of score as I would have guessed that the latter was miles ahead of him.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
There's an extended cut of the team of three's Hotel Taskmaster attempt now as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Uoqf3eezU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Its amazing how naturally it just becomes an episode of Fawlty Towers.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i know editing is complicated but it's criminal that they cut out lucy painting alex's toenails, "dry brushing" his legs, and julian and her saying he had "bruised knees"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

eke out posted:

i know editing is complicated but it's criminal that they cut out lucy painting alex's toenails, "dry brushing" his legs, and julian and her saying he had "bruised knees"

I'll say it before and I'll say it again - Taskmaster needs bumper length episodes like QI and a few other shows get. I'd sit through every series again if each episode had 20-30 minutes of outtakes and extra stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ah, Christmas time heralds the return of that David Correos Celebrations ad in the UK.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

eke out posted:

Not to mention Julian's "what a cu-".

EDIT: And Sam asking if he wanted a new room or a new view as though he could somehow provide a new view. It's no wonder they wanted to put out an extended bit.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 27, 2023

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

for shits and giggles, i asked AI for new prize task ideas. they weren't good, but they did throw in three images for some reason. They were: Rhod holding his finger to his lips in Greg's closet, a still photo of Bob Mortimer's spinning sausage machine, and Mike Wozniak sitting in his chair with his floppy hat covering his mohawk. The AI can't write good prize tasks, but it sure can recognize them!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Rewatching some old stuff on YouTube and I was looking forward to S13E4 because I knew it had 'Get your loving hands off me' and it wasn't there. They'd cut it out. I found a crappy copy on Dailymotion and it was definitely there. What the gently caress.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Unkempt posted:

Rewatching some old stuff on YouTube and I was looking forward to S13E4 because I knew it had 'Get your loving hands off me' and it wasn't there. They'd cut it out. I found a crappy copy on Dailymotion and it was definitely there. What the gently caress.

Was that when Alex touched someone's hair? Because I vaguely remember that existing when I first saw it, but don't think I saw it on rewatch.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Phigs posted:

Not to mention Julian's "what a cu-".

EDIT: And Sam asking if he wanted a new room or a new view as though he could somehow provide a new view. It's no wonder they wanted to put out an extended bit.
To be fair, Sam would cut down the hedge.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

oh jay posted:

Was that when Alex touched someone's hair? Because I vaguely remember that existing when I first saw it, but don't think I saw it on rewatch.

He touched Greg on the shoulder just after an advert break. Maybe they're just cutting 'gently caress's instead of bleeping them? That would be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Morpheus posted:

Lucy's doughnut task was pretty shocking but man I dunno, with hers at least it was done.

Susans was so much worse than Lucy's because she actually did the thing. From Sue's task we already know they had multiple doughnuts, so there is no chance Lucy actually baby-birded Alex.