Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

That's a good idea. I can't play it until a couple of weeks from now due to illness but I'll give it a shot without any adjustments first.

I did also pick up a couple of other good cards including a Skullspore Nexus, Gishath, Hunting Velociraptor, and Stomping Grounds. I hope to fine-tune this.

Can't wait to try out Skullspore Nexus, just came in today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Finding a way to be red for All Will Be One

Animar with hydra tribal can have All Will Be One.

Imagine doing 10 damage to someone while paying 2 mana and getting a 10/10.

swampcow fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 22, 2023

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The flaw in my deck is that Feast fo Sanity costs 4, not 3. oops.

It's actually fun to play and play against though so that's a good start. I need to find some better Madness cards as a side-theme since Madness bypasses the Necropotence exile effect.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I did something incredibly stupid for my black friday shopping.

Muhahaha

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 24, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Same

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

I did something incredibly stupid for my black friday shopping.

Muhahaha

My counterfeit addicted brain sees that price tag and sees 57 other cards you forgot to add to get to that mark.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Khanstant posted:

My counterfeit addicted brain sees that price tag and sees 57 other cards you forgot to add to get to that mark.

I already have a sliver commander that costed me almost everything and this is one of its final stretches. Shock lands are worse I feel.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lands are the hardest to pay for because ideally you'd have infinity of them, whereas it's extremely unlikely you're going to want X more copies of those 2 ever again.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I use the sliver overlord from the pds as my commander and it kicks rear end.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm going to make a sliver deck from all my secret lair consolation prizes. At the rate I buy secret lairs, I should have a sliver deck before the 50th anniversary debacle.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Khanstant posted:

Lands are the hardest to pay for because ideally you'd have infinity of them, whereas it's extremely unlikely you're going to want X more copies of those 2 ever again.

I feel just a tiny bit scummy for proxying cards sometimes but for lands I have zero remorse for having a $1500 land base that's proxied because that poo poo shouldn't be such a dumb barrier for entry to have a functional deck

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I feel like I need to proxy lands for my sliver deck but just haven't taken the time. I have like 4 rare lands, the rest are all uncommon tap-lands with a couple token basics in case of getting PTE'd or something.

Having Sliver Overlord as commander just paints such a huge target on my head and slow lands are not helping when I'm dogpiled.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Floppychop posted:

I feel like I need to proxy lands for my sliver deck but just haven't taken the time. I have like 4 rare lands, the rest are all uncommon tap-lands with a couple token basics in case of getting PTE'd or something.

Having Sliver Overlord as commander just paints such a huge target on my head and slow lands are not helping when I'm dogpiled.

How much would it cost to jam 10 shocks, 10 check lands, five basics, five slow lands ,Command Tower, Reflecting Pool, Mana Confluence, City of Brass, Exotic Orchard, Secluded Courtyard, and Unclaimed Territory?

E:

How much would it cost to buy real cards, I mean.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

How much would it cost to jam 10 shocks, 10 check lands, five basics, five slow lands ,Command Tower, Reflecting Pool, Mana Confluence, City of Brass, Exotic Orchard, Secluded Courtyard, and Unclaimed Territory?

E:

How much would it cost to buy real cards, I mean.

10x20
10x5?
5xfree
5x5
Free
Free
Idk
Idk

So uhh napkin math is 275

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

10x20
10x5?
5xfree
5x5
Free
Free
Idk
Idk

So uhh napkin math is 275

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ZSkDUfNAtE6XY7YABHXpjw

Switched the Mana Confluence for Sliver Hive and only did four slow lands. Looks like it comes out to about $185.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Now wouldn't be the time to buy shocks though. Ravnica Remastered drops in January and shocks tend to drop to $10- 11 right after a reprint.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Now wouldn't be the time to buy shocks though. Ravnica Remastered drops in January and shocks tend to drop to $10- 11 right after a reprint.

Yeah. That alone might drop the price to ~$135 for a 5C mana base that's not awful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just play with awful mana bases and lose.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's good to be honest with oneself.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I built mono green selvala and the land base is 35 forests and one reliquary tower. The latter because I accidentally draw too many cards sometimes and the former because there's a lot of effects that boost the amount of mana from basic lands (vorinclex, regal behemoth, the green virtue from wilds of eldrane) etc. easiest mana base ever.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I built mono green selvala and the land base is 35 forests and one reliquary tower. The latter because I accidentally draw too many cards sometimes and the former because there's a lot of effects that boost the amount of mana from basic lands (vorinclex, regal behemoth, the green virtue from wilds of eldrane) etc. easiest mana base ever.

Neither Vorinclex nor Regal Behemoth care about Basics, though.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Hey EDH goons, I'm looking for some advise with my Davros deck. I've leaned into the villainous choices and artifact creatures with a discard sub-theme. I'm wondering if I have missed anything obvious, excluding the land base.

https://manabox.app/decks/odhwTR22SBCAC2HVj-NFwg

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Lost every game last night because everyone held an infinite combo just to keep me in check. I did take out two people in one swing with about 10 9/9 slivers with unblockable, doublestrike, and flying slivers. :smug:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

MonsieurChoc posted:

i'd rather spend my time buying absurdly priced cards so my deck can operate at optimal odds, this way the loss hurts more.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Dizz posted:

i'd rather spend my time buying absurdly priced cards so my deck can operate at optimal odds, this way the loss hurts more.

* me eyeing Cavern of Souls and wishing I had pulled the trigger at $22 now that it's back up to $32 *

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've actually managed to win a couple of times amongst my friend, and other times I lost only because I was dumb! I take solace in this.

In fact, all I need to do to be satisfied with a EDH game is manage to be a contender. It's not a complete loss if I made at least one other player go "Holy poo poo we need to stop him."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I decided for Christmas to make my regular play group some decks with custom art and stuff from MPC and it was a huge success. We got to play them all this weekend and they had good parity with each other and meshed with everyone's preferred style of play.

In case anyone was curious the decks were The Mimeoplasm, Kaalia of the Vast, and Haktos the Unscarred, and I broke out my Inga and Esika deck. Haktos and Kaalia came out the gate hitting hard but eventually The Mimeoplasm came online big time by gobbling up a Titanoth Rex and an Ancient Ooze with Branching Evolution out and Wonder in the graveyard. We got slimed. I got held up one turn short of going infinite with Intruder Alarm :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've actually managed to win a couple of times amongst my friend, and other times I lost only because I was dumb! I take solace in this.

In fact, all I need to do to be satisfied with a EDH game is manage to be a contender. It's not a complete loss if I made at least one other player go "Holy poo poo we need to stop him."

I generally do not win with my preferred deck, but it's mostly built around me constantly pinging people with Ghyrson Starn out and generally just being enough of a nuisance that the board finally gets mad and crushes me. If left alone I can build up an utterly disgusting amount of damage in one turn, but usually after I start knocking people below 20 health, the eye of sauron finds me and I die in flames. I'm generally ok with it though and I enjoy basically being arch enemy at some point every game.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Are there any weird friends forever, partner, fwb that can get to a mardu vampire commander? I want to differentiate my vampire blood rites deck from my generic orzhov aristocrats and I was interested in mardu madness vampires.

I could just go with Edgar karlov (way too expensive and a bit too high powered for what I'm thinking), Licia (more life gain focused), or mathas (group hug?). I'm tempted to see if my playgroups are cool with giving Edgar, charmed groom and Olivia, crimson bride, partner and if not just proxy an Edgar Markov.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You could always go Akiri and Armix and play a bunch of blood token generation.

That way Armix works as removal and Madness trigger.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 27, 2023

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MasterBuilder posted:

Are there any weird friends forever, partner, fwb that can get to a mardu vampire commander? I want to differentiate my vampire blood rites deck from my generic orzhov aristocrats and I was interested in mardu madness vampires.

I could just go with Edgar karlov (way too expensive and a bit too high powered for what I'm thinking), Licia (more life gain focused), or mathas (group hug?). I'm tempted to see if my playgroups are cool with giving Edgar, charmed groom and Olivia, crimson bride, partner and if not just proxy an Edgar Markov.

Mathas is awful, Licia isn't much better, and Edgar is extremely mid. The only Vampire add-on commander is Baron Sengir, who is mono-B with partner, so you'd have to pair him with Akiri or Bruse to get to Mardu.

Honestly, just run Edgar. In year 2023, he's barely above the 50% mark for commanders.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
My Krydle deck managed to deck a second player!

It was me, I decked myself. I've got a bunch of wheel effects and thought Waste Not would be a neat addition. I had a turn set up where I was going to wheel twice and drew into a third. The first was 7 from another player, Waste Not put 8 extra cards into my hand. I probably should've pumped the brakes at some point but I'm still learning so I went for glory and fired off the other 2 wheels. What I hadn't counted on was all the incidental discard from drawing everyone up to 15, Waste Not drew the rest of my deck out in a single turn cycle.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Hey folks, just a reminder that my 30-decks in 30-days Marathon winds up this week. If you want some commander brew inspiration ranging from budget to cEDH or just want to watch another goon talk Magic check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/@commandermechanic

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I can't decide if I should change Ramos for Jegantha in my Jodah the Uniter deck. I'm reworking it and now I'm leaning towards more of a "get everything out as fast as possible", with cards like Gandalf the white, the sixth doctor and Panharmonicon to get more bang for my buck on Jodah's ability.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Vincent posted:

I can't decide if I should change Ramos for Jegantha in my Jodah the Uniter deck. I'm reworking it and now I'm leaning towards more of a "get everything out as fast as possible", with cards like Gandalf the white, the sixth doctor and Panharmonicon to get more bang for my buck on Jodah's ability.

I haven't seen your list, but Panharmonicon?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

I haven't seen your list, but Panharmonicon?
Yup, I've already added that card.

I don't have an updated link yet, I'm reworking the manabase (I'm waiting for some proxies to arrive) and adding and taking out some cards.
My main question with Ramos vs Jegantha is that, with Jeg I can get 5 mana faster, but with Ramos I can get more mana and a better creature, but at a slower rate.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Vincent posted:

Yup, I've already added that card.

I think the question was "What's Panharmonicon doing for you that it needs to be in the deck?" not "Why not add Panharmonicon?".

Now Roaming Throne, that synergises with Jodah the Unifier

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ah, I see.
Unless I read the card wrong, wouldn't Panharmonicon double Jodah's abillity, and I'd get a second "cascade", therefore giving me a second creature for free?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Vincent posted:

Ah, I see.
Unless I read the card wrong, wouldn't Panharmonicon double Jodah's abillity, and I'd get a second "cascade", therefore giving me a second creature for free?

You're reading it wrong. Panharmonicon works on enter the battlefield effects, Jodah's ability is a cast effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Yes, you need Harmonic Prodigy or Roaming Throne to double Jodah's ability.