Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’d throw a few bucks on Purdy right now. Especially if the 49ers can get the 1 seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

Josh Allen at +3500 seems like a good long shot bet with the ability to tear off a dominating run to win out.

He's going against the Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, then gets a little bit of a breather (home against New England) before finishing at the Dolphins.

I'm not taking that bet.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean the odds are +3500 for a reason, heh.

But my wishcasting homer take is that Allen leads the league in total touchdowns and if he just so happens to use the toughest stretch of his schedule to go super nova it could make an impression at the most important time for voting.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Problem is not only would Allen need to have a monster final few games, he'd also need the likes of (in no particular order) Stroud, Jackson, Tua, Hurts, Purdy, and even Garrett to fall off down the stretch, since they've all looked much better than Allen overall so far this season.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Myles Garrett won't win the NFL MVP.

He'll win the Super Bowl MVP. :psyberger:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Dak is making the best overall case since the SF debacle, and if he finishes up the season with nationally televised wins over some decent teams (they will beat Philly in Dallas, at the very least), I could definitely see him taking it. I think there's a general reluctance to give it to him until he proves himself in the playoffs, which is deeply stupid and may be the only thing keeping him out of the running this year.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Toaster Beef posted:

Dak is making the best overall case since the SF debacle, and if he finishes up the season with nationally televised wins over some decent teams (they will beat Philly in Dallas, at the very least), I could definitely see him taking it. I think there's a general reluctance to give it to him until he proves himself in the playoffs, which is deeply stupid and may be the only thing keeping him out of the running this year.

:hmmyes:

But have you considered

gently caress the Cowboys

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mahomes is having a down year, Burrow is hurt, Allen and Herbert are missing the playoffs, Lamar and Hurts don't have the counting stats, Tua and Purdy are system QBs, Lawrence is mid, Stroud is a rookie that has to wait his turn, Dak will choke in the postseason.

Sam Howell for MVP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Leads the league in passing yards and sacks, also one of only a handful of QBs to actually start every game this season.

I still don't know what the hell to make of the Commies offense.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Nervous posted:

:hmmyes:

But have you considered

gently caress the Cowboys

brother i consider it every moment of every day

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fsif posted:

Mahomes is having a down year, Burrow is hurt, Allen and Herbert are missing the playoffs, Lamar and Hurts don't have the counting stats, Tua and Purdy are system QBs, Lawrence is mid, Stroud is a rookie that has to wait his turn, Dak will choke in the postseason.

Sam Howell for MVP.

There's only one quarterback this year who's pulled out multiple wins against teams he wasn't expected to beat, and whose team has completely fallen apart when he hasn't played. Zach Wilson is the most valuable player in the league.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

fsif posted:

Sam Howell for MVP.

Postseason performance don't matter for MVP, so Dak is probably the frontrunner if he keeps it up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If the postseason mattered Rodgers wouldn't have 4 MVPs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Reeks got about 20 more receptions, 300 more yds, and 4 more TDs so it’s not a great argument right now. Give it a few more weeks though

but what are Hill' stats when playing good teams

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

but what are Hill' stats when playing good teams

That's not fair, we know he's only good at beating up on the small and weak

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
https://youtu.be/dLPTOfjyW6c?si=QO70YpkfY_L27j3-

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Thank christ Matt Canada is gone.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
After the 4pm games, each division's net (wins - losses):

pre:
AFCN: +11
NFCE: + 5
AFCS: + 4
AFCW: + 1
NFCN:   0
NFCW: - 3
AFCE: - 4
NFCS: -14

Pretty wild considering what the QB situations (asides from Jacksonville) were heading into the season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Love for the first overall cerebral genius qb to check into a doomed bubble screen with the game on the line, coming out of a timeout.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hate football

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Love for the first overall cerebral genius qb to check into a doomed bubble screen with the game on the line, coming out of a timeout.

it's cause he's not a normal QB, he's like a point guard see

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Frank Reich loves WR bubble screens more than life itself

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the bucs have so much potential right now but they just cannot defend against big plays

great to see rachaad have a big game

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

So do the Saints, apparently.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
That slogfest with the Steelers shows how much Cinci misses Burrow. Gonna be a long rest of the season. :negative:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Titan up

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Drake Maye, you ARE a New England Patriot!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Farking Bastage posted:

That slogfest with the Steelers shows how much Cinci misses Burrow. Gonna be a long rest of the season. :negative:

What's doubly unfortunate is the Bengals have the toughest SOS which means they will be last in any draft tiebreaker. Considering the glut of teams that are neither playoff contenders nor top-5-pick terrible, Cincy could conceivably end up picking 16th while a team with an identical record selects 8th or so.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens will finish in third place in the AFC North

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens will finish in third place in the AFC North

I usually defend your posting Kawa, but come on, there's a difference between highlighting specific shortcomings on the field, and generic unsubstantiated doomposting.

Your Lamar-led squad is being pursued by Kenny, DTR, and Browning. Harbs and the ghost of Dean Pees aren't going to gently caress this up, barring more calamitous injuries to Jackson and others.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

kalensc posted:

I usually defend your posting Kawa, but come on, there's a difference between highlighting specific shortcomings on the field, and generic unsubstantiated doomposting.

Your Lamar-led squad is being pursued by Kenny, DTR, and Browning. Harbs and the ghost of Dean Pees aren't going to gently caress this up, barring more calamitous injuries to Jackson and others.

I'd still say Huntley is better than the rest of those QBs.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e wrong thread

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
The Texans lose a frustrating one, and it does sting, but they are far ahead of where I thought they would be this year. The defense definitely had problems with Lawrence and Ridley but they did make some possibly game turning plays. The offense was very frustrating, especially with a few of the play calls on 3rd and 4th down. I think when the coaches and players get more experienced this is a game that they could win. Stroud was good but not great and missed some crucial throws, the offensive line play was worse than normal against the Jaguars DL. Have to give credit to the Jags secondary for their coverages as Stroud had to search for open windows a lot in this game.

The refs were not good and had really bad calls and non calls that went against both teams, and when the games are this close that kind of poo poo is going to leave a bad taste in everybody’s mouth. I think the Texans will end up on the outside of the playoff picture when it’s all said and done this year, but the results are very promising so far. They really need to get some good free agents this next offseason, rather than signing scrap heap guys for a year or two.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Mega64 posted:

I'd still say Huntley is better than the rest of those QBs.

Pickett has been freed from his Canadian oppressors, beware his mighty resurgence with the Holy Friar Muth.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

kalensc posted:

Pickett has been freed from his Canadian oppressors, beware his mighty resurgence with the Holy Friar Muth.

Hallelujah! Preach!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Gonz posted:

Drake Maye, you ARE a New England Patriot!

Good, because he’s gonna suck too

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Pats aftermath: lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Freaquency posted:

Good, because he’s gonna suck too

I'm gonna remember this when he has a carefully curated, plausible-for-a-rookie season and then shits the bed lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just thinking about Belichick getting rid of Meyers as he reels in another catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
What I've learned this season being a Pat's fan is that winning a lot of games and losing a lot of games is about the same experience.

The experience is that I don't have to watch the game because it's already a forgone conclusion.