Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Getting only five hours of sun wasn't so bad a few years ago because it was brilliant light, but now it seems to be overcast every day here now.

Most people who get sunlanps don't use them as intended. You have to stare into the drat things for it or make a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

DorkusMalorkus posted:

:hfive: former retail buddy

Christmas is kind of overwhelming to me. Working retail got me really burned out on the in-your-face excessive consumerism and expectation of "christmas magic" that just boils down to everyone being stressed out and spending too much money just because it's what we do at the holidays. People are assholes at christmas time and it's like, isn't the point of all this to celebrate your loved ones? It's supposed to be fun but it's just stress and anger for so many people.

Also since walgreens is open 365 days a year, I worked every single black friday, christmas eve AND nearly every christmas DAY for whole decade.

I still like christmas lights and egg nog. Other than that I'm a big old scrooge this time of year

dorkus, now you're free from retail, this is the year to get hella into christmas

or just drink way too much eggnog

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
whoops went to bed at 430am again

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Weed pens are a miracle technology

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

for making long trips more bearable and in general

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I should have left for the dispensary a little earlier yesterday though, I got caught in the weather on the way back and it turned a 3 1/2 hr round trip into almost 5 hours

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Computer viking posted:

That's very much the Norway experience, too. I'm not up north where the sun just doesn't get above the horizon midwinter, but it's still dark when I go to work and it's dark when I walk home and it's not like I sit staring out the window when I'm there. I just get a bit tired, but CV2 is barely functional for months. If we ever find the time and money and energy we should probably do like all the retirees and go to the Canary Islands in the middle of the winter.

I haven't tried the daylight lamps myself, but CV2 thinks it helps a little bit - it could be worth a try. Even cranking our ikea light bulbs up to a mid-day blueish white seems to help a touch?

You should get a SAD lamp. They're cheap. I can't prove objectively they've helped me, but it feels like it has, so good enough. I turn it on when I first get to my desk to work, slightly to the side, and keep it on for a couple of hours, sunlight depending.

There's those overcast winter days where it feels like there's no sun at all, and that can last a while.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Jeff should put a SAD lamp in SAD, maybe it would cheer those folks up a little

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

redshirt posted:

You should get a SAD lamp. They're cheap. I can't prove objectively they've helped me, but it feels like it has, so good enough. I turn it on when I first get to my desk to work, slightly to the side, and keep it on for a couple of hours, sunlight depending.

There's those overcast winter days where it feels like there's no sun at all, and that can last a while.

Oh yeah I know about them - as I said, CV2 has one (and does indeed use it correctly). I feel ok, so I haven't bothered - but maybe I'm just calibrating against his "on a good evening he manages to string together full sentences" levels. :)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
anyone else got a big case of the Farts today

also its snowing yeehaw

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i aint got the farts but i sure got a fever :mad:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:same:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
just saw the fattest possum, probably a good 20 pounder. thank you for eating the rats my guy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

just saw the fattest possum, probably a good 20 pounder. thank you for eating the rats my guy

Nice. Did he greet you in possum?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Nice. Did he greet you in possum?

nah he was waddlin his way to my neighbors back yard, probably to get some dusk treats like rats and such. glad to see him tho, explains why i'm not seeing a lot of rats

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
debating starting divinity original sin or playing more vampire survivors, hmmm

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

bagmonkey posted:

are you sure it wasn't a cat?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

why do i find this so funny

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

why do i find this so funny

lol

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Obviously some kind of subconscious Yao Ming fixation.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

TIP posted:

are you sure it wasn't a cat?

Everyone can share

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

dorkus, now you're free from retail, this is the year to get hella into christmas

or just drink way too much eggnog

I have been considering going to the Christkindlemarket in Denver this year. The last time I went was probably like 2016. I don't drink anymore so I can't get extra festive off the spiced wine, but I still enjoy being outside in the city at night in the winter.

plus I've kind of replaced drinking at events with taking edibles before events, so I can still get festive in my own way

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Supper tonight is going to be quiche and then we still have pumpkin pie left from thanksgiving for dessert

100% pie meal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I have been considering going to the Christkindlemarket in Denver this year. The last time I went was probably like 2016. I don't drink anymore so I can't get extra festive off the spiced wine, but I still enjoy being outside in the city at night in the winter.

plus I've kind of replaced drinking at events with taking edibles before events, so I can still get festive in my own way

Are you near the Cherry Creek area? I went to Denver twice a year for business over the last 7 years and that's where I was. I loved it. Walking the trails, looking out for bikes going like 30 MPH...

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i know that itt we like to make some fashion choices, so please behold some of these fine fine amazon black friday shirts

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Wife got food poisoning from Wendy's. I eat trash and always have and I'm fine.

I cleaned up her leftovers, lol.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

i know that itt we like to make some fashion choices, so please behold some of these fine fine amazon black friday shirts

I kinda sorta want some of those, but am not remotely cool or nearly confident enough to wear them ever ever ever

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Very tough competition but I think this is my favorite. A lot of these designs are a little played out but a shark barfing rainbows works for me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

I'm trying to imagine a person who could pull off wearing any of those shirts and I can't

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

This ones my second fave

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Very tough competition but I think this is my favorite. A lot of these designs are a little played out but a shark barfing rainbows works for me

yeah i think that's my favourite, the cat pointing its paw like that makes me think it's going "onwards to fuckery, bruce!" and they go have rad adventures

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

I'm trying to imagine a person who could pull off wearing any of those shirts and I can't

Guy hosting trivia night at the pub?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Wife got food poisoning from Wendy's. I eat trash and always have and I'm fine.

I cleaned up her leftovers, lol.

Lol, same happens w/ lady bagmo. hope ur wife feels better tho Sam

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I feel like my decades long experiment of pushing the "Best used by" date has strengthened me. Also my daily ingestion of iocane powder to build up an immunity.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I have a zit on the back of my ear and it's DRIVING ME INSANE

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

you'd think that's an ideal place to get a zit, that it would be easy to ignore and not disturbed very often, but I HATE IT

I've got a burn on the knuckle of my right index finger and somehow it's less annoying than this fuckin zit on the back of my ear

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Have you tried rubbing alcohol or salicylic acid?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i have a secret

it is my birthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have a secret