Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gavok posted:

It does seem really weird to me that the worked shoot is based around, "Ugh, this guy is such a locker room cancer and I hate that he's here."

Smart promoters know how to take real-life backstage issues and build money-making angles off of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Smart promoters know how to take real-life backstage issues and build money-making angles off of them

meanwhile we couldn't even get a cody falling out with the elite storyline :/

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Here's another Punk face for you

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That's what TK did and it didn't really work

Not even close? Punk went right after The Elite.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

a.lo posted:

chip tooth phil is what i keep hearing

The real reason he resigned with the Fed was to get those sweet dental caps they offer instead of health insurance

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Codependent Poster posted:

Here's another Punk face for you

what hast thou wrought

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gah!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
laughing at the peacock subtitle for the cult of personality lyrics

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

anytime punk goes somewhere or does something we get a lot of great posts. we gotta put a tracker on that little guy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Happy to see what Punk can do without the Young Chumps running and crying to Meltzer every single time Punk coughs in their direction

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Punk said hi to the referee that picked up his turds?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
CM Punk got touched by a fan and didn’t punch (the wrong) fan in the face this time. He is learning and growing as a person.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

1glitch0 posted:

Says the guy who allegedly gave a big money contract to Jade Cargill!

And I wonder how Jade feels about that statement. Bit of a fall from the boss saying at a presser "Hey, look at this champ. She's fantastic, our business partners love her!" to "We are well aware she sucks, but it's like not her fault, man."

She basically said the same thing herself (that one of the factors for choosing WWE is their training system) so she probably doesn't have hard feelings about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpoy4zUL3I&t=105s (timestamped)

I don't think this is as rude as people are making it sound - she went from zero training to pretty ok in AEW (and I say this as a fan of hers). She got valuable help from people like Dustin Rhodes and Bryan Danielson. But they booked her like Lady Goldberg in squash matches to hide her weaknesses, which avoids exposing her on TV but prevents her from getting reps from a variety of highly skilled opponents in longer matches.

There is the Nightmare Factory, but it doesn't seem to have the same regimented structure of the PC. CM Punk apparently had to teach her chair shots hours before a match where she needed it. It sounds like she wants that type of training to get to the next level as a performer which is wise - she's probably going to be a featured attraction and she needs to step up and branch out to hang with some of the women on that roster.

OceanCyclone fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 27, 2023

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

OceanCyclone posted:

She basically said the same thing herself (that one of the factors for choosing WWE is their training system) so she probably doesn't have hard feelings about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpoy4zUL3I&t=105s (timestamped)

I don't think this is as rude as people are making it sound - she went from zero training to pretty ok in AEW (and I say this as a fan of hers). She got valuable help from people like Dustin Rhodes and Bryan Danielson. But they booked her like Lady Goldberg in squash matches to hide her weaknesses, which avoids exposing her on TV but prevents her from getting reps from a variety of highly skilled opponents in longer matches.

There is the Nightmare Factory, but it doesn't seem to have the same regimented structure of the PC. CM Punk apparently had to teach her chair shots hours before a match where she needed it. It sounds like she wants that type of training to get to the next level as a performer which is wise - she's probably going to be a featured attraction and she needs to step up and branch out to hang with some of the women on that roster.

The thing is wwe really isn’t the spot to get your reps in. She’s been hired in the company for a while now and has done nothing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they are going to teach her how to practice and choreograph for a match move for move a week out and give her zero tools on what to do if the match falls out of sync or something goes wrong.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

She hasn’t been in the wwe for a long time, in my opinion.

I think she would have benefited from longer matches that doing house shows/indies or even on Dark( Dark Elevation) could have helped her out with. But I don’t know if she took that opportunity.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TV Zombie posted:

She hasn’t been in the wwe for a long time, in my opinion.

I think she would have benefited from longer matches that doing house shows/indies or even on Dark( Dark Elevation) could have helped her out with. But I don’t know if she took that opportunity.

It’s been a couple months. That’s a while especially after they made a huge deal about signing her.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man I don’t wanna be a WWE fan again that poo poo was tiring.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hmmery

https://x.com/davidbix/status/1728944277387092477?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kirios posted:

No reason to be

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

drat I think I’m a punk fan again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Welcome to the WWE Thread filled with WWE fans or I should say part of the WWE Universe.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Kirios posted:

lol why would you do that to yourself?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kirios posted:

Hello, CM Punk

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cant believe phil's parents never wanted to see him succeed and now only want his money

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

punk holding every member of sheriff joe arpaio's circle accountable. he's the best

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lets all believe lyin rattin

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Do you think he shows up on raw with a big red bag, and then throws it in the trash?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

cant believe phil's parents never wanted to see him succeed and now only want his money

This is the real reason he's so upset about Colt sharing a bank account with his mom

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Ryan satin is such a dweeb he probably considers "waste of space" to be a death threat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's already punched co-workers, fans, and attempted to with his boss. I can believe very easily he'd try it with a journalist

With someone bigger than him, like WALTER, absolutely not. But a nerd? Yeah that's not shocking at all

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Someone should probably update the Punk/Joe comic.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Dude needs to use his blood money to buy some drat eye cream, he's not that old.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Has someone posted the Trump promo on Barney Frank’s nipples but about Punk in the white tee yet.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE should do a WrestleMania at Soldier Field

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Can you imagine the "OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" WWE social media posts when CM Punk confronts The Miz on an Iconic MizTV where they both call each other pathetic losers!?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Has someone posted the Trump promo on Barney Frank’s nipples but about Punk in the white tee yet.

I did that the other day but about Eddie Kingston, keep up!!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That’s my champion

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I did that the other day but about Eddie Kingston, keep up!!!

it’s a popular look among vets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

1glitch0 posted:

Can you imagine the "OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" WWE social media posts when CM Punk confronts The Miz on an Iconic MizTV where they both call each other pathetic losers!?

Miz will do his stupid big balls gesture at Punk and the WWE twitter account will post like 20 eye emojis in response