Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
They're both unhinged morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bird food bathtub posted:

Pretty sure Roger was tweaking out on something that whole time. From memory of that video when it came out I think he's also grinding his teeth a whole bunch too.

Let he who has not done a deposition while flying high on cocaine cast the first stone

Stone is exactly the kind of person that makes me realize karma is not a universal constant and bad guys don’t always lose in the end

The fact that he has managed to have such a successful and pleasant life after all the crimes and bullshit he has done… ugh.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

rotinaj posted:

Let he who has not done a deposition while flying high on cocaine cast the first stone

Stone is exactly the kind of person that makes me realize karma is not a universal constant and bad guys don’t always lose in the end

The fact that he has managed to have such a successful and pleasant life after all the crimes and bullshit he has done… ugh.

Nothing about his life looks pleasant

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

If you think he hasn’t spent the 44 years between 1972 and, say, 2016, eating fine food, drinking expensive alcohol and wearing extremely nice clothes, then you are less cynical than I

Thats what I mean, dude got to spend a shitload of time having a nice and easy time before finally seeing consequences in, what, 2017 or so? 2020?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

rotinaj posted:

If you think he hasn’t spent the 44 years between 1972 and, say, 2016, eating fine food, drinking expensive alcohol and wearing extremely nice clothes, then you are less cynical than I

I understand that's how he defines success but it certainly isn't how I do. Honestly sounds vapid.

rotinaj posted:

Thats what I mean, dude got to spend a shitload of time having a nice and easy time before finally seeing consequences in, what, 2017 or so? 2020?

Dude spends all his time as a gofer for the worst people to spend time with in the world. altogether that's closer to how I define failure than success.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

I understand that's how he defines success but it certainly isn't how I do. Honestly sounds vapid.

Dude spends all his time as a gofer for the worst people to spend time with in the world. altogether that's closer to how I define failure than success.

Dude, you didn’t even say success, you said his life doesn’t look pleasant, stop being purposely obtuse because you want to make some moral point

The guy had nearly 50 years of living the high life and I think that sucks

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

rotinaj posted:

That isn't even how karma works within the belief systems in which it exists.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ariong posted:

That isn't even how karma works within the belief systems in which it exists.

The man wants to wallow not have a discussion. Let him blog.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Piell posted:

They're both unhinged morons

Before catching up on FO, I only knew the clips of his deposition from Youtube compilations that didn't include any of Klayman's voice clips. hosed up to hear the full context, but they're both certainly perfect for one another.

Listening to the depositions, I ended up loving Bill and Mark for one of the tricks they would both sue where they would have ask these packets of rapid-fire questions that they must have assumed the KF defendants would easily be able to answer with simple "yes" and "no" responses. I could be wrong, but I assume they added those questions in so that they could draw a comparison with every other answer that amounted to hamfisted attempts at pedantry and skirting around the issue. The Connecticut attorney starting his Alex depo with the "Do you have a photographic memory?" line of question was a funny way of framing what would inevitably be several hours of Alex claiming not to remember anything about Sandy Hook.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Grassy Knowles posted:

If that's what winning looks like...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Grassy Knowles posted:

I highly doubt he thinks they're the worst people to spend time with; he probably does think they're assholes or idiots a lot of the time, but a lot of people think that about friends and family at least some of the time, and still enjoy spending time with them regardless. Plus, he's spent years outside the limelight doing his own thing much of the time.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Sandy Hook families offer Alex Jones deal to pay 6 percent of $1.5B he owes to get out of bankruptcy

quote:

“Jones may elect to receive a complete discharge for himself and (his parent company also in bankruptcy) if he agrees to pay, from any source, at least $8.5 million per year, plus 50 percent of any income over $9 million per year, for 10 years,” reads a settlement offer by the families’ attorneys, filed two days before Thanksgiving in Texas bankruptcy court. “The time has come for Jones to choose whether he is willing to pay his creditors a reasonable portion of what they are owed or would prefer to remain embroiled in costly and time-consuming litigation for years to come.”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The writer of that article sounds like an enormous dork who sucks, found another article he wrote on the jones trial recently

he is framing these situations like norm pattis is just an innocent attorney

quote:

Jones’ attorney Norm Pattis in a 14-page argument to the Connecticut Appellate Court this week calls the October 2022 jury trial in Waterbury that stunned observers with the size of the award a “horrible case” of “litigation lotto” that “called into question the integrity of the Connecticut judicial system.”

“Mr. Jones was an unwilling and often defiant participant in the litigation initiated by the (families)… And yes, he testified in the jury’s presence that he had contempt for the trial court judge,” Pattis wrote. “Given the manner in which the case was handled, his response was understandable.”

Pattis argues that the appeals court should “reverse” the verdict and send the case back to a different trial judge because the Sandy Hook families and their attorneys held all the cards.

“They found a judge willing to play along and were permitted to present half-truths to the jury as truths fully 'established,'” Pattis argues. “The result is the very thing (families) complained about — a verdict that looks more like the work of a conspiracy theorist than the considered judgment of a fact-finder.”

Uncritically parrotting bullshit while not giving proper context looks a whole lot like sympathizing with jones and his shitlord crew to me

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Love Alex comparing himself to the famously victorious Captain Ahab.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
That episode was a return to form for Alex, or at least a return to Tito’s.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if alex is a tito’s man, or if he prefers the kind of vodka that smells like hand sanitizer and comes in a plastic jug

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
He's in Austin and it's all you're allowed to drink there

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ILL Machina posted:

He's in Austin and it's all you're allowed to drink there

Oh, you think you can control what he drinks? A REAL AMERICAN CAN CHOOSE HIS OWN BEVERAGE OF CHOICE, WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS AROUND YOUR THROAT, GLOBALISTS

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

I don't think Alex is very choosey.

quote:

Alex Jones to Patrick Riley, 1:09.54 p.m.:
Please get me vodka

Alex Jones to Patrick Riley, 1:09.57 p.m:
ASAP

Alex Jones to Patrick Riley 1:10 p.m:
In office

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2023/02/01/infowars-alex-jones-says-he-lives-hell-texts-show

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

quote:

David Jones does not respond to his son in the thread.

Despite everything... somehow... I still feel bad for him. A little. It's obvious why he's so hosed up.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Ariong posted:

Despite everything... somehow... I still feel bad for him. A little. It's obvious why he's so hosed up.

I would feel bad for someone that somehow went from normal to instantly in his situation. Jones has spent decades digging this hole and slinging the poo poo all over other people, ignoring the harm he causes all along the way. gently caress him he deserves it and I hope it hurts.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Jesus, no wonder Dan didn’t want to be involved in this. Not that they’re wrong to release the texts, but it’s all clearly over the personal line he set for the show.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Jesus, no wonder Dan didn’t want to be involved in this. Not that they’re wrong to release the texts, but it’s all clearly over the personal line he set for the show.

Yeah, I was excited to read those at first until it became clear that it would be less enlightening about what person Alex is when he's not behind cameras, and more "ALEX JONES BISEXUAL?!??!" gossip rag bullshit.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cannot stop laughing at the idea of someone's first day at InfoWars after getting the job on Craigslist with no prior knowledge of what InfoWars is.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
happy hundredth page wonks

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

ILL Machina posted:

happy hundredth page wonks

It’s been a big day for me, honestly.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

We will not rest until there are as many pages as there are episodes

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

rotinaj posted:

Oh, you think you can control what he drinks? A REAL AMERICAN CAN CHOOSE HIS OWN BEVERAGE OF CHOICE, WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS AROUND YOUR THROAT, GLOBALISTS

That part was seriously unsettling. It's like, it's pretty bad when he's just complaining like he does 99% of the time, but the 1% of the time when he's bragging about being on top of things is somehow even more gross.

edit: Listening to the recent episode, Alex really reminds me of a child playing with their toys and making up adventures. It's all Saturday morning cartoon stuff but replace all the villains with George Soros, Bill Gates, and whoever else joined the Globalist Cabal that week. No detail or dialog is too over-the-top, especially when you know that nobody will check your sources, and who cares that Skeletor, Gargamel, and Megatron have nothing to do with one another, they're all part of every one of Destro's evil plans with COBRA because those are the toys we have.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 30, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

an AOL chatroom posted:

That part was seriously unsettling. It's like, it's pretty bad when he's just complaining like he does 99% of the time, but the 1% of the time when he's bragging about being on top of things is somehow even more gross.

edit: Listening to the recent episode, Alex really reminds me of a child playing with their toys and making up adventures. It's all Saturday morning cartoon stuff but replace all the villains with George Soros, Bill Gates, and whoever else joined the Globalist Cabal that week. No detail or dialog is too over-the-top, especially when you know that nobody will check your sources, and who cares that Skeletor, Gargamel, and Megatron have nothing to do with one another, they're all part of every one of Destro's evil plans with COBRA because those are the toys we have.

It has been said repeatedly that alex is definitely mentally developed up to like 10 or 12 or so, and then hit a dead stop on all maturation

It would explain a lot of his behavior in the court cases. I know that I was likely to just ignore problems when I was that age. It’s how I had my appendix burst and I wrote it off as food poisoning for two or three days.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

an AOL chatroom posted:

I find it difficult to find the exact line between performative rage for the audience and being genuinely mentally unwell. This episode crossed it for me though. He is not a happy, stable man and it really shows once he gets a few drinks in him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bird food bathtub posted:

I find it difficult to find the exact line between performative rage for the audience and being genuinely mentally unwell. This episode crossed it for me though. He is not a happy, stable man and it really shows once he gets a few drinks in him.

The ability alex showed of his fake crying and freaking the gently caress out, only to flip the switch and say in a totally normal(for alex) tone of voice “we’re gonna go to an ad and then come back with the dukes of hazzard song” was what did it for me. Definitely some unwell poo poo going on there.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Grassy Knowles posted:

he is absolutely grinding to the point of being medically 'in rigor' the majority of the time

If he's not on like 200mg of adderall for that I'll eat my hat.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

rotinaj posted:

“we’re gonna go to an ad and then come back with the dukes of hazzard song”

I knew we were in for something unpredictable when Dan gave a heads up and I heard the long bit of silence, but his caught me so off guard so hard. Absolutely neck-breaking gear shifting, I don't think I've ever laughed harder at the show.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I am still so amused by the setup and punchline of Alex getting so angry over some creepy ghoul bragging about how many people he's killed to impress that NYT journalist... only to get completely sidetracked by his own little masturbation session about how violent and powerful he is on the exact same tier as the infamous Navy SEAL copypasta. Even by his low standards, the complete and total lack of self-awareness there is just staggering.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
New phone so I forgot to set pocket casts to trim out long silences, and holy crap some of those awkward pauses seemed to last forever.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The end of this episode was the same kind of unsettling as the episode where Robert Evans guested on the pod and Alex got completely blackout drunk while PJW just sat there and let it happen

Like, the sudden pivot to Waylon Jennings was great but before that it felt like he was getting some real poo poo out in the middle of his acting in that weird monologue

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 1, 2023

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I get Jordan's point that he won and all but like still dudes dead. It's good.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Early 2000s Alex is so loving funny compared to the monster he is now. He'll just say poo poo like "M.A.D.D. IS A FRONT FOR THE GOVERNMENT" that makes me involuntarily shake my head and smile

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I love how easily ":byodood:ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE CASE LAW:byodood:" bounces off a regular person that's intimately familiar with actual law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I love guys like this talking to actual lawyers/judges.