Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM
Nov 22nd
Enjoy Wrestling S10/Ep1 Killing in the Name of
Killian McMurphy vs Dark Sheik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Ht8CBR3XU
(Starts around 23:00)
Fun back and forth match, crowd really into Dark Sheik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Really at a point where the only companies I'm watching full shows from are AJPW, Dragongate & SEAdLINNNG, & DG probably shouldn't be on that list if I want to get caught up.
November for DG is pretty sparse. Watch the Gate of Destiny title matches and the full Korakuen, and you're golden.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bonk posted:

November for DG is pretty sparse. Watch the Gate of Destiny title matches and the full Korakuen, and you're golden.

Thanks, good to know. I'll probably also see the main event of the Genki Homecoming/25th Anniversary show because I'm a sucker for that sort of thing

HM
29th October
2AW Grand Slam in TKP Garden City
2AW Openweight Title
Kohei Sato(c) vs Takuro Niki
Watch this here

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Thanks, good to know. I'll probably also see the main event of the Genki Homecoming/25th Anniversary show because I'm a sucker for that sort of thing
Shun/Jacky was also very good if you're going to check out that show too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

Very nearly finished with the Super Jr Tag League, gotta say Catch 22 & Despy & Wato are the standout teams so of course they had the best match of the tournament so far.

I absolutely loved the Despy/Wato team and just how invested they got me in whether or not Despy would just... just put on the loving shirt, John.

Casting all that aside for yet more utterly unbearable House of Torture bullshit was absolutely infuriating.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hi69 vs. AMAKUSA, NOAH Star Navigation 3/9

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th October
FREEDOMS 14th Anniversary FREEDOMS vs GCW Great Clash
King of FREEDOM World Title
Glass Board, Lighttube & Alpha Deathmatch

Toru Sugiura(c) vs Daisuke Masaoka
Watch this here

Sugiura is right up there with Kasai & Takeda for the best of deathmatch wrestling today. When he's been champion KoF Title matches have been essential viewing and so it goes here. To paraphrase a reviewer on Cagematch, a very King's Road feel, but with glass everywhere and some gnarly headbutts for an extra bonus. Maybe the 2nd best deathmatch of the year, a proper bloodbath so obviously not going to be for everyone, but if you're deathmatch curious this is a good place to start.

Nth and I agree about it being a good place to start if maybe swerve vs hanger whet your violence whistle

MOTY: Masashi Takeda vs Akira
BJW September 17

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 11/23

HM: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Trent Beretta
HM: The Workhorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake) vs. The Infantry (Carlie Bravo & Shawn Dean) vs. Iron Savages (Boulder & Bronson) vs. The West Coast Wrecking Crew (Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs)
HM: Lee Johnson vs. Fred Rosser vs. Jack Cartwheel vs. Willie Mack

Nthing these but

MOTYC: Athena & Billie Starkz vs. Ronda Rousey & Marina Shafir

This was fantastic.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th October
FREEDOMS 14th Anniversary FREEDOMS vs GCW Great Clash
King of FREEDOM World Title
Glass Board, Lighttube & Alpha Deathmatch

Toru Sugiura(c) vs Daisuke Masaoka
Watch this here

Sugiura is right up there with Kasai & Takeda for the best of deathmatch wrestling today. When he's been champion KoF Title matches have been essential viewing and so it goes here. To paraphrase a reviewer on Cagematch, a very King's Road feel, but with glass everywhere and some gnarly headbutts for an extra bonus. Maybe the 2nd best deathmatch of the year, a proper bloodbath so obviously not going to be for everyone, but if you're deathmatch curious this is a good place to start.

+1, somehow the headbutts were the hardest spots to watch. They were only a quarter of the way to filling up Korakuen, but by the end they had 'em hollering and sounding like a sellout crowd. Deathmatches often suffer in my eyes for working from one glass/lighttube spot to the next, but there was a lot of good selling and psychology here that elevated it to a MOTYC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston - AEW Collision 11/25

This was drat good stuff, and that ending. Wow.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 11/25

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Diamante
HM: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Wheeler Yuta

AEW Collision 11/25

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Claudio Castagnoli
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Brody King

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

HM: Katsuyori Shibata (C) vs. Wheeler Yuta for the ROH Pure Title - AEW Rampage 11/25

Oh yeah, silly of me to forget, seconding this one too!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/25

AEW Collision 11/25

Nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

nth!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: Women's War Games - WWE Survivor Series War Games, 11/25/2023

one of the best plunder matches I've seen in a while, really well-done. a lot of these matches tend to have really bad pacing between the big spots (such as, for example, the men's match later in the show!), but this just kept going and going, really good stuff

whole show worth watching if you got peacock tbh it's pretty breezy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 1 November 26th
HM
Kazuki Hirata vs KANON
Yuki Ueno vs Kazusada Higuchi

Very solid show, pretty much every block match was worth watching these two were my favourites for very different reasons

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Kazuki Hirata vs KANON

Very solid show, pretty much every block match was worth watching these two were my favourites for very different reasons

Agreeing with both, those were definitely the standout matches.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/25

AEW Collision 11/25

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Brody King

Nthing these with an upgrade for that Eddie/Brody match.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/25
AEW Collision 11/25

Nth'd

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

one of the best plunder matches I've seen in a while, really well-done. a lot of these matches tend to have really bad pacing between the big spots (such as, for example, the men's match later in the show!), but this just kept going and going, really good stuff

2nd. Agree and the story of the match is better even if the faces have the advantage

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WMOTYc FTR v the Righteous AEW 25 November 2023

Dunno what FTR have done but having to tag with these absolute jobbers was awful

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

Nth. Iyo sky is nuts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW World Tag League Night 5 November 25th
HM
Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin and Gabe Kidd) vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano)

Pretty nothing show, this match was good and it was fun to see HoT getting punked out by Kaito and Oiwa

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Francesco Akira & TJP vs. SHO & Yoshinobu Kanemaru, NJPW Power Struggle 11/4

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Kenoh & Manabu Soya vs. Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya, NOAH Voyage in Yokohama 3/19

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Kazuki Hirata vs KANON

nthing this, main event was nuts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/25

AEW Collision 11/25

A Fancy Hat posted:

Nthing these with an upgrade for that Eddie/Brody match.

quote:

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Brody King - AEW Collision 11/25

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Masa Kitamiya vs. Takashi Sugiura, NOAH Sunny Voyage 4/9

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MOTYC: Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston - AEW Collision 11/25

2 big fuckers beating the poo poo out of each other. That’s what I like!!!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Drew McIntyre vs. Seth Rollins, WWE Crown Jewel, 11/4

HM: Taiji Ishimori vs. Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW Power Struggle 11/4
HM: Trent Beretta vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW STRONG Lonestar Shootout 11/10
HM: Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi vs. Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki, TJPW The Mountain Top 11/19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Shoko Nakajima vs. Max The Impaler, TJPW The Mountain Top 11/19
HM: AMAKUSA vs. Hiromu Takahashi, NOAH Keiji Muto Grand Final 2/21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa - NJPW World Tag League Night 6 11/28

I had high expectations and it met them, four young dudes who are going to be at the forefront of Japanese pro-wrestling in the immediate-to-near future going out and having a banger of a match. Great stuff.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 28, 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Kaito Kiyomiya and Ryohei Oiwa - NJPW World Tag League Night 6 11/28

I had high expectations and it met them, four young dudes who are going to be at the forefront of Japanese pro-wrestling in the immediate-to-near future going out and having a banger of a match. Great stuff.

I'm going to go motyc on this

In fact it's probably legitimately in my top 15 or so matches of the year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
1st November
Ganbare Pro GanJo Family Stadium
Saki Akai & Takumi Iroha vs Yoshiko Hasegawa & YuuRI

MOTYC
28th October
Pro Wrestling NOAH Demolition Stage In Fukuoka
AXIZ (Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura
Watch this here

The very last Nakajima in NOAH match. For now at least, never say never in wrestling. It's great. It couldn't be anything else

HM
28th October
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane)(c) vs GLG (Tadasuke & YO-HEY)
Watch this here

HM
28th October
GHC National Title
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr vs Jack Morris
Watch this here

HM
28th October
GHC Heavyweight Title
Jake Lee(c) vs Kenoh
Watch this here

HM
5th November
Dragongate The Gate of Destiny
Open The Twin Gate Titles
M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)(c) vs D'courage (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka)
Watch this here

MOTYC
5th November
Open The Dream Gate Title
Madoka Kikuta(c) vs BIG BOSS Shimizu
Watch this here

MOTYC
9th November
Dragongate The Gate of Evolution Night 3
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta, Ryoya Tanaka & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason Lee, Kzy & Strong Machine J)
Watch this here

This is your classic Dragon System multiman match, with the spotlight on Tanaka, a guy who debuted in May this year & has to be the most impressive 2023 debut in wrestling.

HM
9th November
Dragongate The Gate of Evolution Night 3
1 vs 4 Handicap Match
Luis Mante vs Z-Brats (HYO, ISHIN, KAI & Shun Skywalker)
Watch this here

Bit of backstory here: Luis Mante is the former Diamante, who was a member of the heel groups RED & Z-Brats. He lost in the 5 way mask mage in a steel cage this year when he & Shun were the final 2 left, Shun feinted that he was going to let Diamante win after Diamante gave up a certain win to help his partner earlier in the match. Instead Shun acted like “a loving snake” in the memorable words of English commentator Jae. He went back to Mexico for a few months (recovering from an injury I believe) and popped back up in October, wanting revenge on his former teammates. I was worried that he'd lost the momentum from that terrific cage match but nah, silly me for being a doubter. DG has some of the best storytelling in wrestling, not the over-the-top WWE nonsense that drags on for an eternity, or MJF speaks or whatever, just nice & simple stuff. The only way he'd get the revenge if he took on (what was then) all 4 members of the group in one match. But in the mean-time there were some tensions in Z-Brats between psychopath selfish egotist Shun Skywalker & nominal leader HYO. It's 4 on 1, so of course Mante gets beaten down a lot. Anything else would be silly. But Z-Brats want to drag this out, safe in their numbers advantage, so they can do more & more damage. Dragongate is a promotion about factions, Luis Mante is currently without one & so he's at a huge disadvantage. But there's some miscommunication during the match, just enough to give Mante hope spots. Anyway, I'll stop it there but while the match isn't a knockout classic it just does such a good job of telling the story they are telling. Definitely recommended, DG hasn't been perfect this year, at least partially because the injury bug has really hit hard & they lost 2 of their brightest young talents, but it's still a promotion more than worth your time.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa - NJPW World Tag League Night 6 11/28

Nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Keiji Muto vs. Tetsuya Naito, NOAH Keiji Muto Grand Final 2/21
MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Kazuchika Okada, NOAH Keiji Muto Grand Final 2/21

HM: Jack Morris vs. El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., NOAH Green Journey in Sendai 4/16
HM: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Jake Lee, NOAH Green Journey in Sendai 4/16

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th November
Open The Dream Gate Title
Madoka Kikuta(c) vs BIG BOSS Shimizu
Watch this here

+1, this poo poo rocked. Kikuta rules, Shimizu rules, they beat the hell out of each other with lots of big power moves, deadly lariats, body presses, and of course hip attacks.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hideki Suzuki vs. El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., NOAH Majestic 5/4
HM: Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Manabu Soya, NOAH Majestic 5/4
MOTYC: Naomichi Marufuji vs. Jake Lee, NOAH Majestic 5/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Collision 11/25