Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah, that whole staff were supposed to be up and comers down to the positional coaches, right? Every career just got set back and the franchise as a wholeb looks dead

I don't think anyone will think less of Evero, tbh. He's working through a ton of injuries, and the defense is the only thing keeping the team in games week in and week out (and more often than not they gas late because the offense can't do anything to keep them off the field)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

When you have five head coaches, you have no head coaches.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Goddammit post twitter.com links instead of x.com links in the forums so they actually embed :mad:

Both Twitter and x.com links embed fine on the app.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

seiferguy posted:

Goddammit post twitter.com links instead of x.com links in the forums so they actually embed :mad:

Just screenshot it so the nazi site gets fewer views and no clickthroughs

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

I am in the app and this is absolutely not true.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm on desktop and for the most part Twitter links embed, it's just slow sometimes. X links have finally started embedding recently but like 2 weeks ago weren't

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ChocolatePancake posted:

I am in the app and this is absolutely not true.

Which app? The update to the iOS one a few weeks back finally fixed it so it embeds whether it's twitter or x

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Which app? The update to the iOS one a few weeks back finally fixed it so it embeds whether it's twitter or x

I'm on android.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Sounds like a you problem then

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Phobeste posted:

Sounds like a you problem then

It's also a me problem, and thus much more important.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ozymandius1024 posted:

I don't think anyone will think less of Evero, tbh. He's working through a ton of injuries, and the defense is the only thing keeping the team in games week in and week out (and more often than not they gas late because the offense can't do anything to keep them off the field)

yeah Evero's probably fine

we killin' Thomas Brown's career as hard as we killed Joe Brady's though

also looking at the full list of coaches we got mofuggin Mike Bercovici on the payroll??????????

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Staley is dead i don't care about his contract nor the penny-pinching Spanos

They've consistently lost SO MANY close games

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They've hit the point I just don't believe they're a credible threat to anyone. They've got talent but just cannot use it. How the hell was Kellen Moore ever a hot coaching name? He's dead at this point right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1728888641454530976

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They've hit the point I just don't believe they're a credible threat to anyone. They've got talent but just cannot use it. How the hell was Kellen Moore ever a hot coaching name? He's dead at this point right?

I feel like the Chargers both have bad coaching and have overrated talent

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Leave the room if this is going to offend you." -Frank Reich next Sunday

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Alaois posted:

"Leave the room if this is going to offend you." -Frank Reich next Sunday

It would take forever and probably end in a miss though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Master Stur posted:

I feel like the Chargers both have bad coaching and have overrated talent

This is correct.

The narrative that the Chargers are super talented is an outdated media opinion branching from them always having a good QB and that 2006 team.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Maybe but every time I watch them play they make a bunch of stupid mistakes that are on the coaching.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Maybe but every time I watch them play they make a bunch of stupid mistakes that are on the coaching.

Oh they absolutely have enough talent to contend and the main issues are on the coaching staff

They just aren't bursting at the seams with talent like they used to be 15 years ago

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

is this motherfucker serious

https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1729001896831299718

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Now this is a man who knows how to incite a mutiny!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Bosa was out, I'll give them that but they had plenty of opportunities to win that game if dumb mistakes that they should've addressed in the preseason didn't compound to lose it for them.

I'm not even a fan it's just painful to watch.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The 1-2 punch of losing Mike Williams almost immediately (stop me if you've heard this one before) and Quentin Johnston trending toward bad was brutal. Add in Ekeler looking over the hill and you have literally one guy in Keenan. Most defenses can handle one 31 year old receiver.

Speaking of 1-2 punches, this one plus last week's tantrum about the media daring to question his play calling lol. He HAS to be gone after this year. Keeping him might move up to second place behind moving from San Diego on the Spanos War Crime tracker

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I'm not even a fan it's just painful to watch.

yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

The 1-2 punch of losing Mike Williams almost immediately (stop me if you've heard this one before) and Quentin Johnston trending toward bad was brutal. Add in Ekeler looking over the hill and you have literally one guy in Keenan. Most defenses can handle one 31 year old receiver.

Speaking of 1-2 punches, this one plus last week's tantrum about the media daring to question his play calling lol. He HAS to be gone after this year. Keeping him might move up to second place behind moving from San Diego on the Spanos War Crime tracker

yeah

He's moved up to my most hated coach ever.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Is Ekeler over the hill though? He's only gotten 10 rush attempts in the last two games and we all know Williams isn't very good from when Ekeler was out. I'd say it's a poor coaching decision. It seems like they're trying to keep Ekeler fresh by splitting carries but come 4th quarter he's in every drive. Just use your best players to gain a lead then sit them if you feel you need to. This has been NFL wisdom for like 100 years.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

ozymandius1024 posted:

Nice to know we've come full circle and drafted Teddy Bridgewater #1 overall.

This was legitimately the fear i had during the draft, the little nagging voice in the back of my head. The draft profile sounded a lot like Teddy's, as did the potential for him to explode into a million pieces.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I honestly can't decide which one is worse, but jfc do both need to go

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Frank Reich is a man who's will to live has been broken. You love to see it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I legit believe if the Panthers fired Reich last week they would've beat the Titans.

a neat cape posted:

He's moved up to my most hated coach ever.

Yeah, at least past Chargers coaches were decent people that were simply in over their heads. Staley is that but also an rear end in a top hat about it.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I don't think Reich gets fired before the end of the season. But it would be amazing to go like 30 years without a first year coach being fired midseason and then go 3 years in a row with one getting fired.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
McDermott.

I don't know how much pressure he's going to be in internally right now, but I reckon he's definitely reached the point where he's lost the fanbase and increasingly the media. Being able to build the foundations of a solid team means nothing when it's all pissed away so consistently at the times it matters.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Benne posted:

Here's the actual video (and please don't post Dov Kleiman in this thread)

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1728824887173615778

Maybe they mean sexual tension.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Pablo Bluth posted:

McDermott.

I don't know how much pressure he's going to be in internally right now, but I reckon he's definitely reached the point where he's lost the fanbase and increasingly the media. Being able to build the foundations of a solid team means nothing when it's all pissed away so consistently at the times it matters.

Bills will talk themselves into not getting rid of McDermott with the injury reasoning, even if it's not the right call. Expect a mid-year firing next season if the Bills are still struggling.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Maybe they mean sexual tension.

Daboll wont stop calling him Stink Fartindale.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Is Ekeler over the hill though? He's only gotten 10 rush attempts in the last two games and we all know Williams isn't very good from when Ekeler was out. I'd say it's a poor coaching decision. It seems like they're trying to keep Ekeler fresh by splitting carries but come 4th quarter he's in every drive. Just use your best players to gain a lead then sit them if you feel you need to. This has been NFL wisdom for like 100 years.

I don't think hes over the hill. The chargers just aren't interested in running the ball. Herbert had 44 pass attempts in a game that was one possession pretty much the entire time. Ekeler may not be top 3-5 but he's definitely top 10 and can catch out the back field. I'm not a chargers fan but have ekeler in fantasy so have watched a lot of chargers football and am just yelling my NFC West heart out to run the dang ball more than 13x a game. When you have one WR with 16 loving targets wtf kind of offense are you running. Just contain that one guy to short gains and the offense will just run out of steam.

Seriously. 44 pass attempts to 13 runs by rbs. In a one possession game that was loving 10-3 or 13-10 for almost the entire game so not exactly a "got to keep scoring to keep up" kind of game. Seahawks been doing this each same thing to similar lovely results.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1729148681402855828?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We all knew he was cooked but to only make it 11 games with a team is something extra special

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

In which John Harbaugh admits at one point no one knew what down it was

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1729002892198072415?s=20

Well that was bad timing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Urban Meyer lasted 13 games