Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

PostNouveau posted:

By "a chance" you mean, a certainty?

Idk if Goof is still out in force the Saints could pick up a game against the Lions with just FGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think the Falcons probably manage to overcome Tim Boyle and pick up the win.

The embarrassment that Atlanta calls an offense is going to get massacred by the Jets defense. Boyle won't have to do much work.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll be amazed if Reich isn't fired before next game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BlindSite posted:

I'll be amazed if Reich isn't fired before next game.

Yeah he’s basically Urban Meyer’d his franchise quarterback you have to cut ties immediately.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The embarrassment that Atlanta calls an offense is going to get massacred by the Jets defense. Boyle won't have to do much work.

The Jets are on a four game skid and three of those losses were by more than 20 points. Their offense makes every team they play look like the 85 Bears so it’s almost impossible for them to win a defensive shootout. That that was mostly before they switched to Tim Boyle, who is actually worse than Zach Wilson.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1728896587462762575

drat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
At one time I saw Andrus Peat playing Left Tackle and had to mentally catalog whether I had eaten an edible recently

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its insane how much worse he has been this year compared to his last 7 or 8 games last year.

Burns is going to be tagged and probably traded.

Eckwonu is lost as gently caress.

Bryce is potentially a nothing player.

DJ Moore got traded.

Horn is perpetually injured.

No wonder this team is so hosed. Our only first rounder who's an actual NFL starter for the carolina panthers is a decent defensive tackle.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I didn't watch the Saints because I quite literally slept through the game. The nap was pretty good, ngl.

However, now that I've just checked the box score... it's the 1980s all over again, isn't it? drat, maybe I can get all my hair back and a brand new Optimus Prime for Christmas this year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1728881831200874507

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Only so many times we can use the Carr crash pun, but I think it should be good for a couple more weeks

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The upside to Carr is that he doesn't make costly mistakes. The downside to Carr is that he doesn't make plays.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

What about that pick 6?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

What about that pick 6?

He was helping out the Jameis fans in the stands.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

wrong thread

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I've watched this three times and it's still shocking...like they threw a uniform on some fan

Mixed feelings about the Falcons...wonder if we'll get another Dan Quinn 'win out the year' thing and gently caress our franchise over

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The Bucs are disappointing but I think we can still beat the Falcons after the Panthers. The Jags though, that’s gonna be tough.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Space Jam posted:

The Bucs are disappointing but I think we can still beat the Falcons after the Panthers. The Jags though, that’s gonna be tough.

I mean sure you can, the whole nfc south is capable of losing to anybody. But they already beat you in Tampa so I wouldn't count on it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Its insane how much worse he has been this year compared to his last 7 or 8 games last year.

Burns is going to be tagged and probably traded.

Eckwonu is lost as gently caress.

Bryce is potentially a nothing player.

DJ Moore got traded.

Horn is perpetually injured.

No wonder this team is so hosed. Our only first rounder who's an actual NFL starter for the carolina panthers is a decent defensive tackle.

I actually thought Bryce was decent today. The screen call was bad, yes, but he made some good tight window throws that makes me still think there's something there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kirios posted:

I actually thought Bryce was decent today. The screen call was bad, yes, but he made some good tight window throws that makes me still think there's something there.

I think there is too, but at this point I'm 5050 on whether he has a future in the NFL and you shouldnt be 5050 by week 12 as a rookie if your staff and front office are on the ball.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I think there is too, but at this point I'm 5050 on whether he has a future in the NFL and you shouldnt be 5050 by week 12 as a rookie if your staff and front office are on the ball.

You've been generally as positive on Bryce as one can be considering *gestures helplessly at the team*, so if they're losing you, that's... not good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to wonder if the Saints have one of those quack S&C coaches that gives everyone rhabdo or something.

At one point, I think AT Perry was the #1 receiver, a guy whose name I have never heard before this game and who only got 1 catch and got called out on the radio call a bunch of times for loving up left and right.

I think by the end of the game, Taysom Hill and Keith Kirkwood were the last viable pass catchers left on the field.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bye bye Frank
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1729149713755386031

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

I'm starting to wonder if the Saints have one of those quack S&C coaches that gives everyone rhabdo or something.

At one point, I think AT Perry was the #1 receiver, a guy whose name I have never heard before this game and who only got 1 catch and got called out on the radio call a bunch of times for loving up left and right.

I think by the end of the game, Taysom Hill and Keith Kirkwood were the last viable pass catchers left on the field.

Perry lit it up in the preseason, but he’s been invisible this season mostly.

Also congrats Panthers fans.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1729150623273083146

I hope we are next.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LET'S GOOOOO

Fitterer next plz, firing Reicht will only go so far without that also happening.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

RumbleFish posted:

LET'S GOOOOO

Fitterer next plz, firing Reicht will only go so far without that also happening.

Yep, he can't have much leash left.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Yeah Perry should be an option especially down the stretch but his moment down in the red zone was really awful. Hopefully that gets fixed for next week when they lose by 20 to the Lions

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SundayMoney posted:

Yeah Perry should be an option especially down the stretch but his moment down in the red zone was really awful. Hopefully that gets fixed for next week when they lose by 20 to the Lions

Pretty good showing by the saints defense to only give up 20 to the lions

PostNouveau posted:

Saints are the oldest team in football, that they've been healthy this long is probably a testament to the S&C. MT is made of glass and carr threw a hospital ball to olave.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol the Bucs are totally losing to the Panthers this week. Interim HC bump is real.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Lol the Bucs are totally losing to the Panthers this week. Interim HC bump is real.

Hey if it means the end of Bowles I’ll take it.

Also congrats Panthers fans. I mean Fitterer needs to go and probably need a new owner too but one step at a time

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

https://x.com/JNierob/status/1729168259105058903?s=20

Other tackle gave up this amazing sack on a 3 man rush.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

three posted:

https://x.com/JNierob/status/1729168259105058903?s=20

Other tackle gave up this amazing sack on a 3 man rush.

zone blocking is an insidious plague invented to make NFL offenses worse

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hey if it means the end of Bowles I’ll take it.

Also congrats Panthers fans. I mean Fitterer needs to go and probably need a new owner too but one step at a time

Imagine if this results in every NFCS HC getting canned down the road. Bucs lose to Panthers interim HC, Bowles gets canned. Falcons lose to Bucs interim HC, etc, etc.

I'm glad Reich's gone, but so much needs to happen. Fitterer's gotta go, and Tepper at least needs to step back from the team (which I dunno how likely it is)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shinji2015 posted:

Imagine if this results in every NFCS HC getting canned down the road. Bucs lose to Panthers interim HC, Bowles gets canned. Falcons lose to Bucs interim HC, etc, etc.

I'm glad Reich's gone, but so much needs to happen. Fitterer's gotta go, and Tepper at least needs to step back from the team (which I dunno how likely it is)

The best we can hope for is them lucking into a HC/GM tandem that can succeed while working around Tepper's meddling.

Seems like a really really big ask (not to mention I can't imagine coaches are going to be lining up to come down to Charlotte after the quick trigger with Reich).

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Reich sucks, but Fitterer is the biggest culprit of incompetency.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm concerned that the lovely state of the conference will give Dennis Allen an out.

Oh sure, we went 6-11, but we were right in that playoff hunt at the end!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

ozymandius1024 posted:

The best we can hope for is them lucking into a HC/GM tandem that can succeed while working around Tepper's meddling.

Seems like a really really big ask (not to mention I can't imagine coaches are going to be lining up to come down to Charlotte after the quick trigger with Reich).

Yeah, no HC (or even assistant) with a decent track record is gonna touch Carolina with a ten foot pole unless Tepper ponies up a lot of guaranteed money, because the chance of being competitive in the next 2-3 years is infinitesimal.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://youtu.be/oz3te_810dA?si=ZaYWHiyoeMLagyPV

Lol, I love how everyone just wants their coaches fired.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

For sure at least one bad NFC S team is going to keep their bad coach. It’s really just the worst version of hot potato now to see who backs into winning the division .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

For sure at least one bad NFC S team is going to keep their bad coach. It’s really just the worst version of hot potato now to see who backs into winning the division .

Hey now, the Titans fired Mularky after making the playoffs. There's still hope for us all!