Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Sometimes, that's all ya need.

Also, I have no idea who he is.

Footballer turned actor for whom 90% of his roles have been leg breakers in UK crime films. 90% might be a little high but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's something wrong with the way the game calculates blocking on some types of rounds. I blocked three premium shells from BZ-176s, so I have no idea how the hell I have 1200 total blocking. Those three shots alone should be 1,5 times that.

Blocked HE rounds don't count towards blocked damage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Orv posted:

That's because when you cast Vinnie Jones you just get Vinnie Jones doing Vinnie Jones. He's fantastic but he does have just the one speed.

Someone's never seen Eurotrip.

"Except them fuckin' eyeties. I HATE them bastards!"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah there really is a difference between an "arty player" and someone playing arty

like listen. i still have arty missions for the mission reward tanks to do. i use my arty for the "get 7 crits in a battle" dailies. sometimes im even in a dogshit mood and ruining someone's day by dropping a bomb on them from the other side of the map is funny. but i play tanks first and foremost

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Blocked HE rounds don't count towards blocked damage.

Well that's definitely wrong! It's still blocked damage, damnit!

Also, I guess they're starting big Thanksgiving sales in the game today, at least in the USA and possibly also on other servers. Consumables, tanks and other things will be -15% to -50% in -game, so stock up.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 23, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus loving christ these teams.

E:

have to drag these morons to victory kicking and screaming all the way. This game was a 2-on-5 in the end, and I won by capping 100% of the base. The enemies were too slow to react and then too slow to get there, so while they chased our other surviving player, an arty, I capped out.

E2: The Comet is a cursed tank. I'm sure it's great if you're top tier or even -1, but I'm constantly in -2 games, and jesus loving christ this thing does NOT handle those matches well. Even my gold isn't good enough to pen half the tanks in a match, and I might as well be armoured with wet tissue paper.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 23, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If they updated WoT+ to narrow matchmaking to +1-1 (+1-0 for vehicles that already have preferential MM) while subbed, it would instantly become their primary cash cow. +2 is absolute cancer 99% of the time, never ever had a positive experience with it no matter what vehicle I'm in.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

+2 matchmaking in the bz-176 is a very good time

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

+2 matchmaking in the bz-176 is a very good time

I had a T6 game yesterday where our T8 heavy was a loving Liberté. Theirs was a BZ-176. The BZ did 4000 damage and had five kills, and it was a 47% WR player.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looks like they're selling the Chieftain Proto again. Quickybaby swears by it, Skill rates it as average. Looking at stats on Tomato.gg, it has the second highest average WN8 of any T9 heavy, second only to the Concept 1B. Has anyone played it?

That's the T9 premium Chieftain.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Nice to see that the IS-3 is still comprised of bullshit and lies whenever I shoot down on its lovely pikenose.

Meanwhile my Löwe gets blasted through the upper plate when I'm angled at ~45 degrees :wtc:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Looks like they're selling the Chieftain Proto again. Quickybaby swears by it, Skill rates it as average. Looking at stats on Tomato.gg, it has the second highest average WN8 of any T9 heavy, second only to the Concept 1B. Has anyone played it?

That's the T9 premium Chieftain.

Minor consideration is that the tank in the Vinnie Jones thing was a Chieftain so that might end up being a new premium in a bit. Couldn’t say anything about that tank though.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Orv posted:

Minor consideration is that the tank in the Vinnie Jones thing was a Chieftain so that might end up being a new premium in a bit. Couldn’t say anything about that tank though.

Counterpoints:
- Chieftain Prototype is on sale now.
- The Chieftain was a majorly successful (and is still a widely recognised*) British tank of the Cold War, and Vinnie Jones is British. Not exactly going to have him sitting in a Leopard or Pershing.

*among tank nerds like us and WoT players in general.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Also they filmed the video in Britain and guess what tank is incredibly easy to get hold of for such things.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Both fair points, yeah.

Unrelated, I am sad I can't just turn this stupid Liberte into a cool tank for free.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vando posted:

Also they filmed the video in Britain and guess what tank is incredibly easy to get hold of for such things.

Centurion.

:buddy:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, apparently the Chieftain in the video was loaned to them by a private collector.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Well, installed the game... For a day. Then uninstalled. Christ I suck at it, and the laptop just doesn't cut it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Orv posted:

I'd be surprised if they made a new Chieftain premium at this point. We've already got three: the T8 shitter, the T10 that was recently nerfed, and the T9 that's dividing opinions. Considering the T10 was just nerfed, I wouldn't be surprised if they started handing that out somehow again, as it was only a CW reward previously. I think the Christmas loot box tanks were also leaked, and while it wouldn't be impossible for them to add the T9 Chieftain into it, it wasn't on the list IIRC.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ah I didn't know about the other two, no chance then yeah.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good loving lord the 53tp is the most miserable stock grind I've seen in the game so far. I'm gonna need almost 60 000 XP to get the first upgraded gun, and the tracks and turret that requires. And apparently that's just the trademark WG XP sink on the way to the second upgraded gun, which is the one you actually want, and that's ~85 000 total XP.

Stock I have paper armour, move like a brick and my gun isn't really accurate enough to do well from backlines. AND I'm constantly -2 in matches where I would need to carry to have any chance of winning, and you can't carry poo poo in this thing when it's stock. So I am agonizingly slowly inching my way up.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

WG's head-scratching price structure strikes again. $20 for a Type-59 skin, but $12 for a Progetto skin (yes I know the Type skin comes with 10 "5x exp" missions for it, which are pointless).

I've been wanting a T-44-100, but no way in hell am I gonna drop the equivalent of 50bux on a powercrept T8 premium that needs to spam gold. Progetto costs the same and is a much better tank.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yes but you see the T-44-100 is ~rare~ so they HAVE to charge more money for it!

(that's also the reason I haven't bought it either, despite loving the T-44)

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Man those 2012-era videos QB is posting makes me realise how fuckin long it's been since I played this game 'properly', I stopped doing CW stuff right around when the new physics came in and would swear that was no earlier than 2015 but nope, 2012, my bones are dust etc

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's kinda fun to 100-0 a BZ-176 in your stock Charioteer. I guess the guy learned a lesson about not moving enough and not aiming his shots properly.

Of course shortly afterwards I was annihilated by his less poo poo teammate in a 56tp who DID know how to aim his shots.

E: I know they've not sold the thing since last year's lootboxes so it can't be a case of morons buying it recently, so I guess a lot of complete shitters got one last year and just haven't played it much. Over this past week almost every BZ-176 I've seen in a game has been a complete loving idiot who either tries to snipe from the bush wanker line, or tries to solo half the team and dies in 2 seconds.

It's astonishing how so many people can do so badly in this thing, because it's as close to an idiot proof tank as they come. You have incredible armour as long as you hide your lower plate, and you have absolutely incredible bullshit shells, and yet so many people are averaging like ~600 damage in their tanks.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 26, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love this tank but jesus loving wept these loving braindead pubbies are killing me.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 26, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I call this one the "our only light tank is a loving moron who's on an empty flank jerking off so I'm gonna drive down the 2 line and just spot and / or kill everyone".

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You should only be allowed to play a light tank over tier 5 if your win rate is over 50%.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
OK I feel like there used to be a standalone carousel mod that would let me have 4-5 rows scaled to 80% of regular size, and where I could use notepad to change default sort order parameters, and then whenver the game updated every other day or so I could just move my config file from one version number folder to another in res-mods or whatever.

Am I nuts?

The closest thing I can find is the xvm carousel stuff in Aslain's, but I just do not want to keep downloading and installing that monstrosity just to have a 4 row carousel.

Isn't there some, just, carousel mod or something?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Love it when the top tiers contribute :staredog:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I fully admit that sometimes I'm just playing bad or I make a dumb decision and get erased from existence cause I stumbled into the enemy firing line or something but that's impressive.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

You should only be allowed to play a light tank over tier 5 if your win rate is over 50%.

FTFY

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

OK I feel like there used to be a standalone carousel mod that would let me have 4-5 rows scaled to 80% of regular size, and where I could use notepad to change default sort order parameters, and then whenver the game updated every other day or so I could just move my config file from one version number folder to another in res-mods or whatever.

Am I nuts?

The closest thing I can find is the xvm carousel stuff in Aslain's, but I just do not want to keep downloading and installing that monstrosity just to have a 4 row carousel.

Isn't there some, just, carousel mod or something?

Oh I'm sure that the carousel mod(s) in Aslain's are available standalone, but you'd have to find their source. I haven't looked for individual mods since, like before the OMC mod pack days.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah aside from XVM there's a few carousel mods in Aslain's pack. I'm pretty sure one of them does exactly what you want, or at least one allows you to pick how many rows you want. I can't remember the name off the top of my head though and I'm not at my home computer to check, but maybe there's a list of mods included in the pack on Aslain's site?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lootbox stuff has leaked:

Tanks in the boxes are:
Tiger-Maus (Germany, Tier-9, HT, premium)
Object 752 (USSR, Tier-9, premium, autoloader for 3 rounds)
Type 63 (Japan, Tier-8, HT, premium, automatic hydropneumatic suspension, gun cooling)
XM66F (USA, Tier VIII, TD, premium)
GSOR 1010 FB (Great Britain, Tier-8, MT, premium, mechanics: wheels)

The skins are:
EBR 105:

AE Phase 1:

GWE 100:

Cobra:

E75:

Holy gently caress that AE Phase 1 skin is ugly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sky Sentinel should have been for an arty.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Sky Sentinel actually looks kind of neat/sleek, but it doesn't fit the entire rest of the game's aesthetic, no. Similar to the terminator and dune and 40k skins.

LOL @ the Cobra skin's ballsack necklace. I know that's not what it is, but that was my first thought on seeing it and it's much funnier that way.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Object 752 (USSR, Tier-9, premium, autoloader for 3 rounds)
Please be the crazy russian reverse autoreloader and not just a generic boring autoloader.

Edit: after checking reddit, it looks like it IS a reverse-autoreloader. Yay!

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 27, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sushibandit posted:

LOL @ the Cobra skin's ballsack necklace. I know that's not what it is, but that was my first thought on seeing it and it's much funnier that way.

Literally nobody is ever going to see anything else.

Orv
May 4, 2011
50 Cent: Balls on the Hood

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i want the ball skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007