Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

loving yikes. Parents should be charged for letting him leave the house like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oh dear

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

LiquidFriend posted:

loving yikes. Parents should be charged for letting him leave the house like that.

yea, this isn't on the kid. i highly doubt he knows the implications of what he's wearing and is just copying what he's seen from his parents, the fans in the crowds on tv, the media, et al.

pretty clear he's not being brought up in the most accepting and/or welcoming household, but that's most of america for you.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

Russel Wilson is…. Good?

Now take a nice long, slow swig of beer while I tell you what happened to the guy who coached him to by far his worst season in a 9 time pro bowl career...

everyone knows what happened to Hackett but it is just so god drat funny :lol:

Android Apocalypse posted:

Found it on Instagram

drat can't believe one of the last teams still clinging to and promoting a bunch of racist tropes draws a bunch of racist fans :thunk:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

gently caress JIRA

So say we all

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Imagine rooting for the Chargers.

This post was made by a Bears fan.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zurreco posted:

here is a funny post for someone to chew at from the sbnation postgame stuff:

(Edited)
I was begging for them to pick Zay, too. I wonder though, had the tables flipped and the Chargers picked Zay, and the Ravens picked QJ, would Zay have underachieved and the Ravens made QJ a success?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the ravens, well known for taking any wr and turning them into a gamefucker

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Zurreco posted:

My family is half Bears fans half Chargers fans

We don't watch as much football as we used to

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hughesta posted:

My family is half Bears fans half Chargers fans

We don't watch as much football as we used to

Mine is half chargers fans and half Raiders fans

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Mine is half chargers fans and half Raiders fans

Backyard knife fights twice a year sounds like good clean family fun! :ese:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Meanwhile on the Kansas City Chiefs subreddit they are having cognitive dissonance about the fact that the headdress would be banned in Arrowhead while also trying to justify the blackface.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

kalensc posted:

I usually defend your posting Kawa, but come on, there's a difference between highlighting specific shortcomings on the field, and generic unsubstantiated doomposting.

Your Lamar-led squad is being pursued by Kenny, DTR, and Browning. Harbs and the ghost of Dean Pees aren't going to gently caress this up, barring more calamitous injuries to Jackson and others.

Well, my post was because I saw the Steelers won and I somehow missed that the Browns lost. So that does kind of affect things and now that the Ravens won and are a full loss ahead of both teams things look a bit better. I was really hoping the Bengals could win though because that would mean the Ravens would now hold any tiebreaker with Pittsburgh as long as we beat them in the last game due to divisional record. The Browns and Steelers have much softer schedules than the Ravens to finish things. And the Ravens are good but definitely not immune to laying an egg against even a team like the Rams which they have after the bye. I don't look at any of these coming games as gimme wins for us in our state.

With this game though I am really surprised. Not just that we won but that it was a score of 20-10. I would never have guessed going in if we won it would be something like that I figured it would be like 41-34 or something. Glad the defense stepped up after looking shaky the first drive. Doesn't look like I really even missed much in the 2nd half.

I don't really have much confidence in the Ravens getting past the divisional round in the playoffs though. We just have too many weaknesses. No real gamebreaking WR though Flowers has his moments. Our best hope is Andrews can come back although I did like some of the plays Likely made early on. The biggest problem is Ronnie Stanley he just seems to get worse and worse every week.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 27, 2023

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

LiquidFriend posted:

The other half of his face is red, but it's still not a good look.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens are good but definitely not immune to laying an egg

:dadjoke:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

I don't really have much confidence in the Ravens getting past the divisional round in the playoffs though. We just have too many weaknesses. No real gamebreaking WR though Flowers has his moments. Our best hope is Andrews can come back although I did like some of the plays Likely made early on. The biggest problem is Ronnie Stanley he just seems to get worse and worse every week.

Honestly the Ravens seem to have less flaws than the other AFC contenders. Not that they're immune to losing to the other teams, but I do think they have the edge in reaching the Super Bowl right now.

Of course, it's all about whether the Ravens can take advantage of those other teams' weaknesses, and I guess that will fall to Jim Harbaugh, so...I kinda get your pessimism there.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Well, my post was because I saw the Steelers won and I somehow missed that the Browns lost. So that does kind of affect things and now that the Ravens won and are a full loss ahead of both teams things look a bit better. I was really hoping the Bengals could win though because that would mean the Ravens would now hold any tiebreaker with Pittsburgh as long as we beat them in the last game due to divisional record. The Browns and Steelers have much softer schedules than the Ravens to finish things. And the Ravens are good but definitely not immune to laying an egg against even a team like the Rams which they have after the bye. I don't look at any of these coming games as gimme wins for us in our state.

With this game though I am really surprised. Not just that we won but that it was a score of 20-10. I would never have guessed going in if we won it would be something like that I figured it would be like 41-34 or something. Glad the defense stepped up after looking shaky the first drive. Doesn't look like I really even missed much in the 2nd half.

sorry about your first place team going into the month of December, it must be so hard to watch such a flawed football operation

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The AFC is definitely the weaker conference at this point so winning it isnt out of the question. But it will probably be the Chiefs again. But if Buffalo can still manage to wedge itself in Id consider them a threat from any seed. I dont think the Ravens beat either of those teams

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

lol was he doing "sports around the world" was his first one actually "australian football throw in after the ball goes out of bounds" instead of bouquet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-t-w_WOLNU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It must be hard watching your team win a poo poo ton of games. My soul bleeds for the brave fans that have to sit through win after win, it must be so incredibly hard to deal with. Don't forget that you're loved and needed in this world. Please dial 988 if you need someone to talk to.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

It must be hard watching your team win a poo poo ton of games. My soul bleeds for the brave fans that have to sit through win after win, it must be so incredibly hard to deal with. Don't forget that you're loved and needed in this world. Please dial 988 if you need someone to talk to.

Thank you, this is a trying time for Ravens fans. Have you seen the upcoming schedule?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

It was a great win, one that looked very difficult when the schedule came out. But not one that inspires much confidence when imagining playing top teams. This effort gets us blown out playing Buffalo, SF, Philadelphia or KC

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

It was a great win, one that looked very difficult when the schedule came out. But not one that inspires much confidence when imagining playing top teams. This effort gets us blown out playing Buffalo, SF, Philadelphia or KC

Imagine the lack of confidence in teams that get blown out by other lovely teams

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Kawalimus posted:

Well, my post was because I saw the Steelers won and I somehow missed that the Browns lost. So that does kind of affect things and now that the Ravens won and are a full loss ahead of both teams

I love that anyone else would phrase that as 'a full win ahead'. It's the little details that really make the bit.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
At the risk of jinxing it, one thing that is really helping out the Broncos is health. On top of everything else last year, they had a ton of injuries; early this season they lost Patrick and Sterns for the year, and they were down two safeties in the Dolphins game. And of course Kareem Jackson's executive function keeps acting up and costing him games. But other than that, the injury sheet has been clean. The offensive line that held the Browns to 1 sack has been playing together all season, and the return of Baron Browning has helped the pass rush.

Another thing that has vastly improved the defense is benching DaMarri Mathis, who was being hunted mercilessly early on. Moreau and McMillian are much better. They're still shaky against the run but health helps with that too.

They've had some lucky breaks to be sure - this would have been a much different game if the Browns hadn't hosed up a reverse when it was 17-12, and the Bills and Vikings games were tossups. Winning out is very unlikely - but if they can win 3 out of their next 5 (one of which is against the Patriots), they'll go into Vegas in week 18 at 9-7, which probably means win-and-in.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

I love that anyone else would phrase that as 'a full win ahead'. It's the little details that really make the bit.

Hah its cause losses are actually more important in things like this. So the Ravens are just getting their bye so they have an extra win compared to cleveland and pittsburgh. They can make that up. But a loss is fixed in there permanently. So technically I could say we're a game and a half up but I always just focus on the loss column as thats the main key

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

solarjetman posted:

At the risk of jinxing it, one thing that is really helping out the Broncos is health. On top of everything else last year, they had a ton of injuries; early this season they lost Patrick and Sterns for the year, and they were down two safeties in the Dolphins game. And of course Kareem Jackson's executive function keeps acting up and costing him games. But other than that, the injury sheet has been clean. The offensive line that held the Browns to 1 sack has been playing together all season, and the return of Baron Browning has helped the pass rush.

Another thing that has vastly improved the defense is benching DaMarri Mathis, who was being hunted mercilessly early on. Moreau and McMillian are much better. They're still shaky against the run but health helps with that too.

They've had some lucky breaks to be sure - this would have been a much different game if the Browns hadn't hosed up a reverse when it was 17-12, and the Bills and Vikings games were tossups. Winning out is very unlikely - but if they can win 3 out of their next 5 (one of which is against the Patriots), they'll go into Vegas in week 18 at 9-7, which probably means win-and-in.

I think the real thing helping them is not having one of the worst coaches in modern history and kicking Wilson’s staff out of the building.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Stop engaging with Kawalimus' bait.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

^^Why not just let discussions that don't involve you play out, and just ignore them if they don't interest you or start some other discussion.

Black Sunshine posted:

Imagine the lack of confidence in teams that get blown out by other lovely teams

Well yeah but nobody cares how some lovely team is doing outside of are the recent draft picks developing and stuff. The Ravens are supposed to be contending for a championship(plus division titles, conference, playoff wins) which normally requires beating a few other top contenders. If the Ravens were truly bad I wouldnt br worried about how we'd do against the top teams Id just be hoping guys like Hamilton looked good

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 27, 2023

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think the real thing helping them is not having one of the worst coaches in modern history and kicking Wilson’s staff out of the building.

Of course that's a big part of it; it's most of the reason the offense went from "an abject disaster" to "decent", but that improvement has been fairly steady all year. The defensive turnaround and recent health tell the story of why they went from 1-5 to 6-5.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1729148681402855828?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Good news everyone

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Finally, Bryce will flourish.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Dear Shawn "Failson" Hochuli

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/10DayTony/status/1728962080873890215?t=yjCi-vT48VpH6pX2oMP4nw&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Rewatching the condensed Ravens game. These quick screens to Zay Flowers are killing me. My current theory is that the defense is so keyed in on the run game and keeping eyes on Lamar, when the screen happens they can react very quickly to it. But it's just like a lost down every time. If you're going to do a low-percentage play, how about some deep shots?

I suspect this is a game they really really could have used Mark Andrews finding space underneath to keep the chains moving.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I was about to ask when was the last time a coach didn't even get a full year, and then I remembered Urban. I guess Reich had the 2nd shortest tenure of all NFL coaches.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was about to ask when was the last time a coach didn't even get a full year, and then I remembered Urban. I guess Reich had the 2nd shortest tenure of all NFL coaches.

Noted offensive guru and friend of Aaron Rogers, Nathaniel Hackett made it 15 games before getting axed last season.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

Rewatching the condensed Ravens game. These quick screens to Zay Flowers are killing me. My current theory is that the defense is so keyed in on the run game and keeping eyes on Lamar, when the screen happens they can react very quickly to it. But it's just like a lost down every time. If you're going to do a low-percentage play, how about some deep shots?

I suspect this is a game they really really could have used Mark Andrews finding space underneath to keep the chains moving.

Fixing the deep ball is a must for providing that space for the quick game stuff. Even those crossers that were getting 8 yards a pop would have been much more effective if Flowers was lifting the roof off the defense by running deep.

I know improving the O-line is priority one this off-season, but with the deep class of contested catch WRs I wouldn't mind Baltimore drafting WR again to get somebody who can actually attack those deep balls and has sure hands for chain moving.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

Hah its cause losses are actually more important in things like this. So the Ravens are just getting their bye so they have an extra win compared to cleveland and pittsburgh. They can make that up. But a loss is fixed in there permanently. So technically I could say we're a game and a half up but I always just focus on the loss column as thats the main key

That, and you already know deep down the Steelers will beat you a 2nd time.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
two things I’m seeing from multiple offenses every week that are driving me crazy:

1) forcing WR screens several times a week when they never work due to terrible blocking (this complaint is specific to teams like the Bears and Ravens who can't seem to block these plays for poo poo, though in general WR screens don't work more than once per game so going back to them all the time is weird)

2) teams lining up in shotgun on 3rd or 4th and 1. you're limiting your options completely unnecessarily coming out in shotgun. and even worse, coaches will call designed QB runs out of this look. I hate it so much and love it when teams fail to convert.

Kawalimus posted:

^^Why not just let discussions that don't involve you play out, and just ignore them if they don't interest you or start some other discussion.

TELL THEIR ASSES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
QB draw out of shotgun seemed to stop working around the time McNair and Culpepper got old, it's weird to still see it.