Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anders posted:

:downsbravo: Denmark

Should be renamed Chudmark

Drittmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Dustmark

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/tidopartierna-uppehallstillstand-ska-kunna-aterkallas-vid-brister-i-hederligt-levnadssatt--cnsxn2

Hederskulturen is getting so widespread in Sweden it's infiltrating the government.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

rear end in a top hat McFuckface posted:

– Endast svenska medborgare har en ovillkorlig rätt att vistas i Sverige
Det kan till exempel röra sig om bidragsfusk, annat missbruk av välfärdssystemen, skulder till det allmänna eller enskilda, eller association eller deltagande i gängkriminalitet. Det kan även gälla yttranden som allvarligt hotar den svenska demokratin, oärlig försörjning eller missbruk.

Why? Why not drain the swamp properly and reinstate banishment as punishment?

(I know why, it's racism)

E2: lol, our government should stop looking at SA posts for policy.

quote:

Justitieminister Gunnar Strömmer (M) vill se över möjligheterna att säga upp människors medborgarskap – även om de inte är medborgare någon annanstans. Det innebär att personerna praktiken skulle bli statslösa, rapporterar Sveriges Radio Ekot.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 21, 2023

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Potrzebie posted:

Why? Why not drain the swamp properly and reinstate banishment as punishment?

(I know why, it's racism)

E2: lol, our government should stop looking at SA posts for policy.

How would that even work with citizenship? Do they seriously expect these stateless individuals to just stop existing and not just become a permanent papperslös that will become wholly unable to support themselves legally?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

How would that even work with citizenship? Do they seriously expect these stateless individuals to just stop existing and not just become a permanent papperslös that will become wholly unable to support themselves legally?

I imagine that SD and the gang would want to concentrate those people, in some sort of camp maybe, to solve those issues, using work to set people free maybe.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

I imagine that SD and the gang would want to concentrate those people, in some sort of camp maybe, to solve those issues, using work to set people free maybe.

Solving the issue with the unreasonably high fjärrvärmepris at the same time, it's genius!

"Let them become heat" is the new "let them eat cake"

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Tesla workers in Norway unionize in secrecy

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

It's good that they are fighting back somewhat, when and as they can. Very much a case where I wish people would really go to war, though ofc that's easy for me to say.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it really is as easy as just joining the union en masse and demanding a general agreement, which they have to give you within some months or face a strike. the problem is holding on for the inevitable countermeasures and keeping any waverers in line, but i get the sense that tesla atm has bad enough press that this should be fairly straightforward and in a situation like that the unions are genuinely aggressive about formal fuckups on the part of the business

they are not allowed to do reprisals against people for unionising, and the courts and lawyers are pretty serious about enforcing this. there is inevitably a lot of unofficial and social pressure and the company will trumpet any mistakes you make very loudly while straight-up lying, but so long as you maintain a loyal core of people and are able to strike to shut the shop they really can't win when it comes down to it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

[ASK] me about being a failed labour organiser

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

[ASK] me about being a failed labour organiser

What made you fail at it?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I think one of the facts speaking against Tesla winning this is that it's not a huge company, and they are a foreign company in both the real sense and in the views of the public. If I'm checking correctly there's what, 130 employees striking? IF Metall can easily support that without breaking a sweat. It's not like a huge general strike where the size of the war chest becomes an issue. And the only parties supporting Tesla that I've read are the usual suspects (i.e. bougie newspapers and Timbro and similar). So as I see it, the pressure is on Tesla. As long as the strike continues, the strikers are properly supported while Tesla is racking up pissed off customers.

It also helps that Elon Musk seems to personally be the one ordering the negotiations to be halted and he has, well, lost a lot of popularity as a figure the last few years.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"Sverige och EU står enat i att Israel har rätt till folkmo-- till försvar." - Ulf Kristersson

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Zudgemud posted:

What made you fail at it?

V. Illych L. posted:

there is inevitably a lot of unofficial and social pressure and the company will trumpet any mistakes you make very loudly while straight-up lying

i made a couple of stupid tactical errors, and management made a bunch of promises/lies which split the workforce and then bought off some key individuals with personal raises

as it turns out a fair amount of people will just accept outrageous lies when it comes from someone in a position of recognised authority and you have to spend much more time debunking lies than they have to spend making them. the key is to have a core of people you can trust, and there my judgement was not good (also, the whole mess was kicked off before i was ready by one particular flakey guy having a tantrum and then getting bought off)

management will try many tricks to delay, and offer insincere offers of compromise which if you're not well prepared may sound reasonable to a fair amount of your members. in my specific case they also had a no-poo poo spy in our group chats and meetings who was reporting everything to them on the dl. they then made a whole disciplinary process about bullying when i told him to knock it off or i wouldn't hang out with him anymore, which of course was simple harassment (they initially refused to say what the disciplinary case was about).

even with all of this i am pretty confident that, had i known then what i know now about organising and the way this stuff goes, we would've won

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ulf Kristersson might've made the Groda of a century:

https://twitter.com/kommunistiska/status/1727080396947632265?s=20

Naturally, the Internet gremlins will point out (accurately) that he only said "folk-" to which I say, fair, but what word did he intend to say? "Folkmord" is certainly right at hand, though I would certainly not like to assume that's where his mind was going. "Folkrättslig something something" maybe? Who knows. Either way. LoL our government sucks.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BigglesSWE posted:

Naturally, the Internet gremlins will point out (accurately) that he only said "folk-" to which I say, fair, but what word did he intend to say? "Folkmord" is certainly right at hand, though I would certainly not like to assume that's where his mind was going. "Folkrättslig something something" maybe? Who knows. Either way. LoL our government sucks.

Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt? Also, Israel does not have the right to "self-defense" against occupied territories according to international law, so he's wrong either way.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

BigglesSWE posted:

How does the Swedish public react? Is it like in Norway where the vast majority is pro-palestinian?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel as if the Swedish public* is suddenly interested in antisemitism as a cudgel to stick it to Muslims, like it’s something Muslims brought over and not something that’s been endemic to the country since forever. I’ve heard some next level Protocols-poo poo in Sweden way before October 2023 came to pass, and not from anyone Muslim**. However these sentiments are unfortunately applicable in other places besides Sweden.

However I’ve also been pleasantly surprised that some have a nuanced take on the current situation, which gives me hope. I do think that loving around with freedom of speech and expression will turn into leopards eating faces for some that didn’t expect it.

*whatever that means, this is a horrific generalization on my part
**not denying that antisemitic Muslims don’t exist because they absolutely do

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

teen witch posted:

**not denying that antisemitic Muslims don’t exist because they absolutely do

Muslim anti-semitism really took off during the 30s after the Haifa Market Bombing. There were already high tensions after Jewish settlers with a lot of funding from Jewish philanthropists and with the support of the British established colonies that displaced the locals

Edit: not that this excuses anti-semitism that is horrible like any other racism

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anders posted:

Muslim anti-semitism really took off during the 30s after the Haifa Market Bombing. There were already high tensions after Jewish settlers with a lot of funding from Jewish philanthropists and with the support of the British established colonies that displaced the locals

Edit: not that this excuses anti-semitism that is horrible like any other racism

Funny that no-one is demanding the Jewish community try to ameliorate the problem by distancing themselves from the genocidal apartheid state. Almost like there's a double standard or something.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Maybe not notable public figures, but I have absolutely heard random people demand someone take responsibility for Israel's actions upon learning that they are Jewish. That's just as hosed up as when it happens to Muslims.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/VPnpoW/musks-order-inga-avtal-i-sverige

Elon stomps his foot, says No to any talks with the unions.

Big corpos rarely get reamed but it's a joy when it happens once in a blue moon. Hopefully they'll get bullied out of the country.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 22, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Maybe not notable public figures, but I have absolutely heard random people demand someone take responsibility for Israel's actions upon learning that they are Jewish. That's just as hosed up as when it happens to Muslims.

Yeah, that’s a disgusting trend and can easily be turned around onto anyone with any background.

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/VPnpoW/musks-order-inga-avtal-i-sverige

Elon stomp his foot, say No to any talks with the unions.

Big corpos rarely get reamed but it's a joy when it happens once in a blue moon. Hopefully they'll get bullied out of the country.

Ok but have you considered the following:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
We truly live in the stupidest timeline.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

Yeah, that’s a disgusting trend and can easily be turned around onto anyone with any background.

Ok but have you considered the following:

I'm sure he'll start chasing after union members with that cheap-o wall-hanger katana any day now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:thunk:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's not even being demanded of those who explicitly support Israel. DR ran a story about some random anonymous Jewish guy who got called a slur at the gym as Al-Shifa Hospital was being shelled and even he openly admitted to propagandizing for Israel on Instagram.

I'm not saying it isn't hosed up, according to Halakha I'm Jewish myself and my grandmother fled here for the same reason, I'm saying it's a very apparent double standard.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 26, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
He thought he could pull the same anti-union tricks in Sweden! He MAD!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

loving lmao

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Musk thinking Nordic laws are even somewhat close to the US when it comes to labor laws is :hmbol:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure the government agencies has nothing to do with it. Afaik Transportstyrelsen does make the license plates and hand them over to PostNord to send them to Tesla, it's the PostNord workers that are refusing to deliver them to Tesla and PostNord aren't a government agency.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Also, I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure the government agencies has nothing to do with it. Afaik Transportstyrelsen does make the license plates and hand them over to PostNord to send them to Tesla, it's the PostNord workers that are refusing to deliver them to Tesla and PostNord aren't a government agency.

Yeah, but mail being sent is considered samhällsviktiga iirc, so yes there may be footing but the fact that it’s being referred to as discrimination seems loving odd.

Also forcing the state to waste taxpayer money on this dribble is definitely going to endear Tesla. Won’t piss anyone off further!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

Yeah, but mail being sent is considered samhällsviktiga iirc, so yes there may be footing but the fact that it’s being referred to as discrimination seems loving odd.

Also forcing the state to waste taxpayer money on this dribble is definitely going to endear Tesla. Won’t piss anyone off further!

Is it a hot take to say that legally disallowing "samhällsviktiga" industries from striking is a big giant load of bullshit?

You'd think that we would be among the countries that don't have a legal clause for "these are the groups of people we're allowed to exploit" but I guess loving not.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Death to zionism and ALSO death to whoever pulls that stunt on their local jewish persons.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jack Trades posted:

Is it a hot take to say that legally disallowing "samhällsviktiga" industries from striking is a big giant load of bullshit?

You'd think that we would be among the countries that don't have a legal clause for "these are the groups of people we're allowed to exploit" but I guess loving not.

I'm not an expert on labor laws, but I feel like this suit is gonna get smothered exactly because nobody wants to set this precedent.

always open to being disappointed, though

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm not an expert on labor laws, but I feel like this suit is gonna get smothered exactly because nobody wants to set this precedent.

Used to be that postal workers in Denmark were “tjenestemænd”, and had no right to strike, but were very hard to fire/dismiss.

The reason was mail was “samfundskritisk”

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's already a thing though.

For example nurses are not legally allowed to strike which is why their working conditions are completely hosed and why something like 30-35% of them currently work outside of their profession.
It's been decided that we're allowed to exploit them.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Jack Trades posted:

PostNord AB is owned 60% by the Swedish state and 40% by the Danish state. Elektronikkbutikk Moskus can still get bent

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Anders posted:

PostNord AB is owned 60% by the Swedish state and 40% by the Danish state. Elektronikkbutikk Moskus can still get bent

The fact that Denmark is partial owner could make this very interesting

Vaguely related but I wonder if Elon (the electronics chain) is considering a name change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

teen witch posted:

The fact that Denmark is partial owner could make this very interesting

It was a merger between Posten in Sweden and Denmark iirc - in Norway they are a poo poo version of FedEx