Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Red is Dead posted:

Didn’t get seats, prices were double (sometime near quadruple) what I got for this years event, for worse viewing options…

Bit of a shame.

Yeah same here, I'm not willing to pay that much for such dogshit seats (no Ticketmaster, I don't want to sit in sections 141/142/249, please stop asking)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Got the Wembley tickets! Doesn't seem to be a Meet and Greet event this time. If there is, I didn't see the option. That's a shame.

they'll probably have those out and announced closer to the event so they can lock down who they're gonna offer

Logen
Feb 16, 2014
Managed to get some floor seats in Section V, so excited to be staring up at a screen for most of the event.

Can imagine alot of people will be holding off paying the extortionate presale surcharge on tickets this time around (not me as I'm a dumb mark)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I honestly don't think there are bad seats in Wembley. Last time I was pretty far back, but could still see all the screens and the ring clearly. It's a great stadium, I was really impressed.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

So do y'all think we're gonna get Danielson vs McGuiness for All in? (If Danielson can not be invited)

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
Got similar tickets to last year.

Last year was in section C and this year front of section U for same price.

Was going to go for tiered seating this time but they would only give the dumb corner 141/142.

Hopefully better view but won't get to have BCC walk past me this time though :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

I honestly don't think there are bad seats in Wembley. Last time I was pretty far back, but could still see all the screens and the ring clearly. It's a great stadium, I was really impressed.

Seats on the field were bad

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend
Wanted section m but they seem determined to offload the camera side tickets first. Ended up settling for section d.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I looked out of curiosity because I got sent like 3 more presale codes from shopaew and ticketmaster and the prices seemed to be the same as I paid last year for seats in the 200 sections :shrug:

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I think I just lucked out last year with the entrance being on the north side we got 80 quid tickets behind the stage, where now that area is £200+.

We've settled for section 114 row 9. Looked like anything central was 175 or more.

Ill be bringing my binoculars I took when I saw G1 29 final in the budokan cheap seats. It's all about the atmosphere anyway.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Kaveman posted:

I think I just lucked out last year with the entrance being on the north side we got 80 quid tickets behind the stage, where now that area is £200+.

We've settled for section 114 row 9. Looked like anything central was 175 or more.

Ill be bringing my binoculars I took when I saw G1 29 final in the budokan cheap seats. It's all about the atmosphere anyway.

Ticketmaster wouldn't even offer me anything central, just the worst company

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

So do y'all think we're gonna get Danielson vs McGuiness for All in? (If Danielson can not be invited)

It’s the only match I want

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Majinfoose posted:

Danielson vs. McGuinness or Ospreay or ZSJ would be my guesses.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

mfcrocker posted:

Ticketmaster wouldn't even offer me anything central, just the worst company

I guess it makes cynical business sense to offload the worse tickets to the most rabid fans but it does devalue the presale "VIP" aspect that were not actually given access to the best tickets at all price ranges.

I wonder if they try a UK collision. Newcastle with international champ PAC please :pray:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Didn't get to go to All In 2023 because my work started layoffs the week the tickets went on sale, they're doing layoffs again now that All In 2024 tickets are on sale but this time I said gently caress it. Tickets bought!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Started Collision, which starts off with the last few seconds of Rampage and Kevin Kelly seeing a distraught Shibata who got hit with a low blow says "this is exactly what happened in 2017. Shibata is not okay." what the gently caress, man, what the gently caress.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They had to remove his balls from his body

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve mostly tuned Kevin Kelly out now because he loving sucks so bad

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’ve mostly tuned Kevin Kelly out now because he loving sucks so bad

Collision with Ian Riccaboni is just much better

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

-Clamdiggers of America meeting he can't reschedule. God, Nigel is so powerful. I wish he'd start reading One Piece, his Shanks slander would be a cut above.
-That spot of DG jumping Claudio and Claudio just swings him into the rails, if I could render gifs more easily I'd be like "when you try to glomp me at animecon"
-Every time I see The Righteous I wonder more and more what the gently caress is goign on with Dark Order. I turned on the Dork Odor a year ago, but man, I think they're not even on ROH?? Pretty sure they're only on the Real dark matches that only sometimes get uploaded to BTE, which is now over, so there's no screentime of any kind.
-Big Guy vs Smaller Guy is always a great dynamic, but I like the flavor Claudio gives in particular, his beefy lankiness is so good.
-Good match, but I'm not too impressed with the tournament so far, dang.
-I love u Eddie
-Hey, it's Killswitch! I like the silver highlights. Oh no the boys! :ohdear:
-oh no the boys
-idk why but Killswitch pulling the Collision apron and then having to pull the Rampage one is funny. Oh god the chair.
-Adam Copeland is deffo one of the lowpoints for me right now :/ "what kind of logic is that?!" same. "when you get pushed to a corner, you react with violence" bro Killswitch was just having a normal-rear end squash against people not even remotely associated with the CopeZone. Killswitch almost getting up was pretty cool, tho. Oh, ok, he is supposed to be petty and weak so he can be bitter and evil and see Cage was right.
-After Recent Events, I think Jack Perry can very easily come back as a face, so him saving Killswitch and leading to a pape match that's the Edge and Christian reunion vs Jurassic Re:Express would be dope.
-Rated RERA. ok promo, but Cage is going to rinse this coper
-oh gently caress yes, HoB vs Brothers who are Lucha
-"the house always wins, julia won the tbs title in Full Gear" and HoB lost two other matches that same night what are you on about KK.
-match was a bit rougher in spots than I expected, but still pretty good.
-Gonna have to pause it here, but yay, Dante Martin. Full Power Trios Top Flight is a good faction.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 27, 2023

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

MorningMoon posted:

Started Collision, which starts off with the last few seconds of Rampage and Kevin Kelly seeing a distraught Shibata who got hit with a low blow says "this is exactly what happened in 2017. Shibata is not okay." what the gently caress, man, what the gently caress.

Shibata's initial brain removal injury is kind of bad taste thing to use as an angle to write him off for a bit AND Kevin Kelly is pure garbage BUT the Rampage match did have Tony/Nigel bring up that Kevin Kelly was in Japan when the initial injury happened and was 'one of the first people to see Shibata backstage after' and repeatedly pointed out Yuta hitting Shibata in the head which could aggravate his previous trauma.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

When they did the announcer introductions this weekend Tony got a massive pop, then they went to Kevin Kelly and it was kind of a "...yeah..." reaction.

Nigel got a full entrance video and walked out to a massive ovation, it was great. He also looks like he's in better shape than ever, I was pretty blown away since I don't think I'd seen him in person since like 2009 or so.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Bad Rampage and a meh Collision but that was probably the best Righteous match I've seen (thank u FTR), and Big Bill's promo was excellent.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Before the match, Yuta threatened to reinjure Shibata. Kevin Kelly was talking about the DDTs that Yuta spiked Shibata with, both of which came immediately after the low blows.

He wanted to do the BCC head stomps too, but HOOK finished his post-match chips in time to make the save.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I did see Rampage and how the injury came up during it. Maybe it's because I got to cool down for a day or two between watching Rampage and starting Collision, but it felt pretty natural during the match, explaining Shibata's history and how the offense could hit harder on him than you might expect, and KK's story about being the first to see Shibata was pretty gripping, but after the match is done to drop the "this is exactly like 2017" felt super hosed up.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Nigel has gotten a lot better since the start for me, Kelly still sounds like white noise/reading straight off a piece of paper instead of a real person

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Yuta promo was pretty funny for me because I had JUST watched the one Eddie Kingston promo for his match with Lince Dorado, the one that inspired his current theme song...

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My 5 point plan to fix AEW:

•Love MJF but the face thing isn’t using him to his best, time for a heel turn.

•Kenny Omega singles matches

•Ospreay is probably the best wrestler in any men’s division on earth, let him go out there and become the top star as soon as possible

•The continental classic should have been for the women, give them a tournament and let Shida book it.

•Use your drat stars at the top. You have Moxley, Edge, Danielson (sometimes), Omega, Jericho, etc. These guys aren’t mid-card guys. You don’t make Adam Cole a 3 segment guy when you have real top guys fooling around the card. Use your toys Tony!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

•Love MJF but the face thing isn’t using him to his best, time for a heel turn.

•Kenny Omega singles matches

•Ospreay is probably the best wrestler in any men’s division on earth, let him go out there and become the top star as soon as possible

•The continental classic should have been for the women, give them a tournament and let Shida book it.

•Use your drat stars at the top. You have Moxley, Edge, Danielson (sometimes), Omega, Jericho, etc. These guys aren’t mid-card guys. You don’t make Adam Cole a 3 segment guy when you have real top guys fooling around the card. Use your toys Tony!

* No more MJF title reign

* No more hidden cameras

* No more ROH acknowledgement or wrestlers or titles on AEW TV

* No more waiting until >24hrs before shows to announce matches

* No more titles

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

blunt posted:

* No more waiting until >24hrs before shows to announce matches

This is one thing that bugs me but at the Rampage/Collision taping this week Tony Khan came out and said they had a ton of injuries and illnesses lately, with this week being especially bad. So I 100% think they're trying to avoid booking someone, then having to pull the match last second because they pop positive for covid or something.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

This is one thing that bugs me but at the Rampage/Collision taping this week Tony Khan came out and said they had a ton of injuries and illnesses lately, with this week being especially bad. So I 100% think they're trying to avoid booking someone, then having to pull the match last second because they pop positive for covid or something.

Don't care, it's bad. He's booking 6 matches a show, if once in a while one or two change then that's just card subject to change. If his wrestlers are popping positive for covid so much that it's preventing him from advertising shows then maybe fix that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

Don't care, it's bad. He's booking 6 matches a show, if once in a while one or two change then that's just card subject to change. If his wrestlers are popping positive for covid so much that it's preventing him from advertising shows then maybe fix that.

Smh, Tony can't even cure covid, Worst Booker of the Year.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pylons posted:

Smh, Tony can't even cure covid, Worst Booker of the Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1TfJGRSnp0

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

covid's over, we need a new excuse

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

-Book Ryback

-Book The Big Guy

-Book The Ryback

-Book "Silverback" Ryan Reeves

-Book Skip Sheffield

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

covid's over, we need a new excuse

flu?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

-Book Ryback

-Book The Big Guy

-Book The Ryback

-Book Skip Sheffield

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

-Book Ryback

-Book The Big Guy

-Book The Ryback

-Book Skip Sheffield

basically, feed us more Tony

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s no money in the budget for tiny cowboy hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
-Meat
-Beef
-Big meaty men slappin' meat
-Big time slobberknockers of big wide men hammering each other with big ham hock fists
-AOUF!!!!! AOUF!!!!! AOUF!!!!!