Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

It wouldn't. Itto+Noelle add their attack and their def together in burst which makes def worse to stack than crit until you have extremely extremely high crit. Even Albedo its questionable whether def is better than crit, its spindle's ridiculous passive on him that really makes it the clear winner (and being able to def hat albedo would be a huge win!) I don't think any character would prefer def substat to crit at the moment for damage.
This is particularly true given that the weapon banner isn't really free-to-play territory, so at that point you're competing with R5 Serpent Spine too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Thank you that was driving my partner and I nuts like, "why is it real morse code if it's just gibberish."

That's brilliant.

One of the notes around where Thelxie's at tells you what the cipher is. Although so far he only seems to say 2 things anyway.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Finally saw the east portion of Fontaine for the new event and interesting to see Liyue ships in the harbor there. I'm guessing Qiaoying village will be just to the east of it when it's added and bridge the gap, but that center portion isn't getting filled out any time soon for sure. That's probably going to be one of the last areas to be added in the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

FractalSandwich posted:

This is particularly true given that the weapon banner isn't really free-to-play territory, so at that point you're competing with R5 Serpent Spine too.
Redhorn Stonethresher (Itto's weapon) also has, in addition to a crit secondary instead of DEF% (which is just better), DEF% in its textbox at about half the rate of Whiteblind (below R5; at R5, it actually has more), higher base ATK despite being heavily skewed for stats, and a damage buff to NAs/CAs based on DEF. It has basically everything either of them could want already, so for a DEF% secondary weapon you have to actually roll on to be superior it would need to be better than what is already effectively a perfect weapon and better than R5 Serpent Spine.

I don't foresee that happening.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
This new adventure point system sure does a good job of incentivizing me to not actually finish quests or open treasure chests. I gotta save that for later so I can skip as many daily commissions as possible.

At least I can finish event activities while I have time on the weekend. You don't get the adventure points until you claim the rewards.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

This new adventure point system sure does a good job of incentivizing me to not actually finish quests or open treasure chests. I gotta save that for later so I can skip as many daily commissions as possible.

At least I can finish event activities while I have time on the weekend. You don't get the adventure points until you claim the rewards.

I still plan on doing the ones in Fontaine that seem sequential and like they'll have an achievement at the end, but yeah it allows me to focus on actual quests and exploration more when I play, which is what I like most about it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

He does. But not as much as wanderer/yoimiya.

A majority of the theory crafters and KQM would disagree. I've also tested it myself but yeah no Mika is better used elsewhere than Wriothesley.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Note Block posted:

A majority of the theory crafters and KQM would disagree. I've also tested it myself but yeah no Mika is better used elsewhere than Wriothesley.

Do Jean and Mika stack attack speed buffs tho? Don’t care about the other stuff you’re saying lol

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Maxwell Adams posted:

I guess if you really hate commissions in general, sure, though I've been capping every day without even trying. I'm not entirely sure how everything applies and what would be the most efficient way to do it but since I trip over the cap doing anything there's never been a case where I've had to save content for later use.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Do Jean and Mika stack attack speed buffs tho? Don’t care about the other stuff you’re saying lol

Mika/Jean/Yunjin atk speed buffs all stack, but there's a hard cap for every attack string. For some characters (Wanderer), it's absurdly high.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Min/maxxing the treasure chests to save 10-20 minutes of your daily grind is weird to me but it isn't like this game will run out of content anytime soon

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Got an extremely lucky Furina off the primos + wishes I'd accumulated through the current event so far + the stupid camera thing + daily commissions. Guess I have to build this thing now, is my best comp gonna be something like Neuv + her + Zhongli + Kazuha? Assume I have (almost) everyone pre-Fontaine at a c0.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Got an extremely lucky Furina off the primos + wishes I'd accumulated through the current event so far + the stupid camera thing + daily commissions. Guess I have to build this thing now, is my best comp gonna be something like Neuv + her + Zhongli + Kazuha? Assume I have (almost) everyone pre-Fontaine at a c0.
You can try the combat part of the event with a Neuv/Furina and I ended up getting nearly 10k off it so if you never want to think about combat again that's probably the duo to setup

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
honestly as long as you can cause 2+ reactions with hydro Neuv + Furina is going to steamroll everything in the game

I run Neuv/Furina/Fischl/Jean because a) I don't have Kazuha and b) Furina theoretically likes teams where every character has significant personal damage but I'm sure it'll work out either way

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

honestly as long as you can cause 2+ reactions with hydro Neuv + Furina is going to steamroll everything in the game

I run Neuv/Furina/Fischl/Jean because a) I don't have Kazuha and b) Furina theoretically likes teams where every character has significant personal damage but I'm sure it'll work out either way

Tampa Bae posted:

You can try the combat part of the event with a Neuv/Furina and I ended up getting nearly 10k off it so if you never want to think about combat again that's probably the duo to setup
Wisdom. I did the combat part of the event with the guest Furina and the rest as all my characters, and uhh. Yeah. Other than everyone else in the party hovering around half HP, Neuv sure did put up stupidly pretty numbers with no real downside (simply kill everything before it hurts anyone else).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Neuvi hypercarry destroys the combat part of this event - I feel like I could optimize it more if it mattered but getting like 36k+ score using Neuvi Furina Fichl and Jean; everything just dying as they spawn.

Also regarding Kazuha in that team it doesn’t work as well just because you really want a full team healer to maximize Furina’s buff stacks. The team is so good it’s kind of overkill so you might want to use Furina in another team for abyss if you find your Neuvi team is already doing well, unless your second team couldn’t benefit from her but Furina slots into so many team comps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

dont call her a thing

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
My C0R1 Neuv with just 4p HoD does as much damage as some of my C6R5 characters which is WILD. And that's with 2 authority stacks. Man goes bonkers with all 3 stacks, he's basically Teyvat's SSG

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Mika/Jean/Yunjin atk speed buffs all stack, but there's a hard cap for every attack string. For some characters (Wanderer), it's absurdly high.

Yup! However, to pull a quote from another website:

quote:

Attack speed only affects the animation portion of attack frames, not the hitlag portion. This is a lot less relevant than it appears since hitlag is usually minor, but is worth mentioning.

Attack speed also has diminishing returns even without hitlag. 10% attack speed reduces frame time by 9%. 20% attack speed stat reduces frame time by 17%. 50% attack speed reduces frame time by 33%.

In the case of Wriothesley, he has very high hitlag, so unfortunately he can't really benefit from attack speed bonuses as well aforementioned babygirl Scaramouche.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 27, 2023

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

rio posted:

Neuvi hypercarry destroys the combat part of this event - I feel like I could optimize it more if it mattered but getting like 36k+ score using Neuvi Furina Fichl and Jean; everything just dying as they spawn.

Also regarding Kazuha in that team it doesn’t work as well just because you really want a full team healer to maximize Furina’s buff stacks. The team is so good it’s kind of overkill so you might want to use Furina in another team for abyss if you find your Neuvi team is already doing well, unless your second team couldn’t benefit from her but Furina slots into so many team comps.
I'm very open to other comps! I've just been on a Neuv tear since I leveled him up and learned to love the water cannon.

Meowywitch posted:

dont call her a thing
all archons are things

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Kamehameha your way across Teyvat and judge the gods themselves.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I'm very open to other comps! I've just been on a Neuv tear since I leveled him up and learned to love the water cannon.

all archons are things

Hell yeah. Neuvi is super fun and Furina makes him even more of a god than he already was. Furina is like a Neuvi accessory lol

Edit: forgot the other comps. Hyperbloom afk had been fun for me, Furina Raiden Nahida Yaoyao (last slot is more flexible), she fits great into Hu Tao double hydro teams and I’ve been trying Hu Tao Yelan Furina Bennet though you could get Jean in there (or practically any Furina team except some dendro comps). For boss runs I’ve been doing Ganyu Furina Diona and flex. Nilou + Furina teams have been fun though verdict is out on that since I might still prefer Ayato there.

It’s almost like throw her into any team where she fills a hydro application role and it will work. And then just as a damage amp she can even work with Geo - I hear Noelle mains are eating good with Furina.

rio fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 27, 2023

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I really just wish I could figure out what a comfy-but-strong comp for Wrio is, I can run Wrio/Bennett/Nahida/Thoma for reverse-melt-burn shenanigans and big numbers but I hate Bennett's healing and always have, I can run W/Yelan/Diona/Kaz for my freeze comp but it feels completely anemic against anything you can't permafreeze and just kinda boring against stuff you can.

I think I've just spoiled myself by my last 2 heavy-usage teams being Althaitham/Fischl/Nahida/Kuki and Neuvilette/Fischl/Kazuha/Zhongli.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How does jeans rotation fit into a neuv/furina/fishl/jean team? I usually save her burst for when we need healing but I also haven't used a jean in awhile.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Furina Burst into Jean Burst to insta full charge fanfare with hydro swirl for vv

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'd imagine you'd probably want Jean anyway for the healbomb to instantly crank Furina's stacks. I've had her shackled to either Baizhu or Jean the entire time I've been using her. Assuming nothing really catches my eye in a C1-pulling way for the remainder of Fontaine I'll probably be picking up Frenchie Firehose and his C1 on rerun. Probably will wreck Natlan.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
how are you guys getting so many points? I haven't played in a long while so my teams are kinda oldish but I can't even reach the 6k rewards with my nahida/raiden/mona/geo archon team. even my old hu tao team couldn't. One of them I couldn't even break 4k on.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mailer posted:

I'd imagine you'd probably want Jean anyway for the healbomb to instantly crank Furina's stacks. I've had her shackled to either Baizhu or Jean the entire time I've been using her. Assuming nothing really catches my eye in a C1-pulling way for the remainder of Fontaine I'll probably be picking up Frenchie Firehose and his C1 on rerun. Probably will wreck Natlan.

Neuvillette can easily max out fanfare stacks all by himself.

Xun posted:

How does jeans rotation fit into a neuv/furina/fishl/jean team? I usually save her burst for when we need healing but I also haven't used a jean in awhile.

I'm sure this isn't perfectly optimal but I usually go something like:

Neuv Skill > Furina Skill > Fischl Skill > Jean Skill > Furina Burst > Neuv Charged Attack, Burst > Fischl Burst > Jean Skill, Burst if necessary, > Neuv Charged Attack x2 > repeat

If I understand the mechanic correctly you can Swirl the Electro-Charged aura and get VV shred on hydro and electro at the same time so she should usually come right after Fischl, and Neuvillette should come right after Jean to take advantage of the shred.

(Also that rotation gets a little hazy towards the end because nothing outside of Abyss actually lives that long. :shepface: )

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 27, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Furina is getting Triple crowned :golfclap:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Furina is getting Triple crowned :golfclap:

one for her skill, one for her ultimate, and the one on her head

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

First person Genshin Impact is kinda neat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Next event will give charlotte a selfie stick.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Like others have mentioned they do, I use that pair with Eula to dragonstrike for fun now and again.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Ledgem posted:

how are you guys getting so many points? I haven't played in a long while so my teams are kinda oldish but I can't even reach the 6k rewards with my nahida/raiden/mona/geo archon team. even my old hu tao team couldn't. One of them I couldn't even break 4k on.

Are you on the 4x multiplier? If you're decently built hitting 8k shouldn't be difficult as long a you don't waste a bunch of time chasing enemies.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Next event will give charlotte a selfie stick.

I hope to see Charolette around more in other nations, taking pictures, getting the big scoops. I've noticed that Hoyo has recently started taking previous quest NPCs and just putting them in the overworld sometimes and this is a good trend I want to see more of, but especially for the real characters.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well speaking of I just got the Charolette-only kamera gadget and that's NEAT

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh there's a way to turn off the constant lightning on that one Inazuma island? Wish I'd known that years ago lol I am so bad at finding sidequests.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

all of the lightning storms can be cleared with appropriate quest chains, but youll have to be more specific

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just logged in a moment ago and was like oh so that's probably why last weeks event had voice acting despite being a short one. They knew they were going to have to have Paimon do a "hey go hear" audible voice over for when people logged in after it expired today, because Lepine-Pauline becomes a permanent NPC that gives you a new gadget attachment for the Kamera. Apparently it's specifically for Charlotte though so unless you rolled for and got her "which lets be honest most people probably did cause she was on Furina's banner" it's completely useless otherwise. :shrug:

Speaking of Charlotte I figured I'd do one more 10 pull before the banner ends to see if C5 was in the cards, but alas just another Collei dupe and a Bell which I immediately converted the bonus starglitter from into 2 intertwined fate tokens for future use. Also dumped the like 1500 or so starglitter I got into mats that I always seem to be forever low on. Namely Inazuma only stuff like handguards and specter husks and core drops from ruin guardian types that don't seem to appear outside of Mondstadt and Liyue that are used in weapon uggrades. Just seems like the best possible use for that stuff besides the 5 monthly Interwined fate tokens. I mean yeah now I don't have enough for the start of Decembers refresh, but I can just get them towards the end of December when I rack them up rolling for Navia.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 27, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kale posted:

Just logged in a moment ago and was like oh so that's probably why last weeks event had voice acting despite being a short one. They knew they were going to have to have Paimon do a "hey go hear" audible voice over for when people logged in after it expired today, because Lepine-Pauline becomes a permanent NPC that gives you a new gadget attachment for the Kamera. Apparently it's specifically for Charlotte though so unless you rolled for and got her "which lets be honest most people probably did cause she was on Furina's banner" it's completely useless otherwise. :shrug:

this stupid lens is going to sit in my gadgets menu, mocking me and the no-charlotte-in-100-pulls

not a fan!

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's not specifically for charlotte. It adds zoom to the kamera. Charlotte gets another feature though.