Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

blunt posted:

My 5 point plan to fix AEW:

* No more MJF title reign

* No more hidden cameras

* No more ROH acknowledgement or wrestlers or titles on AEW TV

* No more waiting until >24hrs before shows to announce matches

* No more titles

You can condense a lot of this to: no more Jimmy Jacobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Eat My Fuc posted:

•The continental classic should have been for the women, give them a tournament and let Shida book it.

I think these would be fun groups, there's a few women who'd make it even better (Mone, Hayter, Deeb, Yuka, Riho) if they were available

Athena
Diamante
Shida
Hart
Nyla
Mariah

Britt
Emi
Stat
Mercedes Martinez
Willow
Storm

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

smarxist posted:

-Meat
-Beef
-Big meaty men slappin' meat
-Big time slobberknockers of big wide men hammering each other with big ham hock fists
-AOUF!!!!! AOUF!!!!! AOUF!!!!!

The roster as a whole needs to be fatter and uglier so I'm cosigning this.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jimmy jacobs had one hit and a lot of it was the visual of the briscoe brothers bleeding all over him during the age of the fall debut, idk why anyone gives a poo poo about him as a booker or agent or whatever his title is

One of the title divisions should be the unofficial beef title, and they should lean into that, the fact that tony dropped the meatball after the meat match with miro and hobbs blows my mind

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
My 5 points for fixing AEW:

-Tony should do exactly what I want, at all times

-the next 4 points say "see point 1"

As far as not announcing matches early, I mean, he does, at least for the big matches. The Rightious v FTR wasn't going to move any tickets, who cares if you know about that ahead of time? The Shibata v Yuta and the 2 C2 matches were announced. It's kind of weird to want the whole match card a week in advance, I think. There was a run where AEW did that, and it probably made zero difference ticket sales (outside the "big matches") so what's the upside to announcing everything 5 days in advance? Also, i'm not sure any wrestling show does that unless it's pre-taped.

And this coming week we already know all the matches for the C2 on both Dynamite and Collision.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
AEW really does need some big fridge looking motherfuckers. Guys that look like Bronson Reed or Otis.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I have a three point plan

1. Put MJF on the booking team.

2. Do the opposite of what MJF says.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW really does need some big fridge looking motherfuckers. Guys that look like Bronson Reed or Otis.

I am partway there with you but I also want a yokozuna or earthquake

Wrestling needs big fat guys

I will also support a dude like bam bam bigelow or vader

Keith lee used to be that before covid ravaged his endurance

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I wish they had gotten JONAH when he was free. Maybe they could get Jeff Cobb. I want more big fat fuckers. Get Ace Romero or something.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Normalize 👏 Fatasses 👏 In 👏 Wrestling 👏

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
i want the wrestlers to be at the body type/weight they are most comfortable with for their mental well-being.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Le Saboteur posted:

bear country wasted

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Despite my lukewarm feelings on the product recently, I don’t think a ton needs to be done to freshen things up. All of the MJF-adjacent angles just take up too much of the show and have been dragging on forever. Him dropping the Title and moving things along would seriously do so much for the product overall.

I also think the BCC, especially Mox, needs a new direction. Despite good matches, they’re all over the card and their earlier chaotic energy isn’t there. A heelish Trios Title run would be good, I think. Focus that overall energy into one thing for a bit. They just feel like a dominant faction that isn’t really doing much with it.

And they should really put the Intercontinental Title on someone hot who hasn’t been belted. This is what OC should have done in the first place instead of that Mox redemption arc. They spent all this time building the belt and Orange in tandem and then wasted the rub. Now both him and the belt feel like they’re in limbo. Put it on Brody, put it on Malakai, put it on RUSH, put it on Garcia, put it on loving anyone else. There’s a million belts flying around. Let some other people get the juice from them.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

1. Tony buys me a race car, preferably a Porsche GT3 RS
2. AEW is Saved.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Le Saboteur posted:

Push JD Drake.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bring back Ace Romero unless he did something bad. Love a big fat Majin Boo Boy

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Eat My Fuc posted:

•Love MJF but the face thing isn’t using him to his best, time for a heel turn.

•Kenny Omega singles matches

•Ospreay is probably the best wrestler in any men’s division on earth, let him go out there and become the top star as soon as possible

•The continental classic should have been for the women, give them a tournament and let Shida book it.

•Use your drat stars at the top. You have Moxley, Edge, Danielson (sometimes), Omega, Jericho, etc. These guys aren’t mid-card guys. You don’t make Adam Cole a 3 segment guy when you have real top guys fooling around the card. Use your toys Tony!

No disrespect but every point except the last one is bad

DeepDickPizza posted:

Despite my lukewarm feelings on the product recently, I don’t think a ton needs to be done to freshen things up. All of the MJF-adjacent angles just take up too much of the show and have been dragging on forever. Him dropping the Title and moving things along would seriously do so much for the product overall.

I also think the BCC, especially Mox, needs a new direction. Despite good matches, they’re all over the card and their earlier chaotic energy isn’t there. A heelish Trios Title run would be good, I think. Focus that overall energy into one thing for a bit. They just feel like a dominant faction that isn’t really doing much with it.

And they should really put the Intercontinental Title on someone hot who hasn’t been belted. This is what OC should have done in the first place instead of that Mox redemption arc. They spent all this time building the belt and Orange in tandem and then wasted the rub. Now both him and the belt feel like they’re in limbo. Put it on Brody, put it on Malakai, put it on RUSH, put it on Garcia, put it on loving anyone else. There’s a million belts flying around. Let some other people get the juice from them.

Of all the people that should beat MJF, it is either OC or Darby. With OC you could have pivoted from the title shot to him getting the temerity to want the world title. If he wins his first feud could be with Mox. Darby has all the MJF poo poo already built in. Both of these are far more interesting than Joe.

UnleashedDad fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 27, 2023

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

blunt posted:

* No more MJF title reign

* No more hidden cameras

* No more ROH acknowledgement or wrestlers or titles on AEW TV

* No more waiting until >24hrs before shows to announce matches

* No more titles

What do you mean when you say "hidden cameras"? In my head I think of the thing WWE does where everyone has to pretend the camera isn't there, which I don't think AEW does (or at least not regularly?). Unless I'm just completely forgetting some hidden camera storyline going on, which is completely possible.

I'd also be fine with one of two MJF outcomes: he can remain a babyface if he's not going to be the World Champ, or he can be the World Champ if they pivot him into an interesting heel again. I think the former is more possible, because with the latter you have to work up to a heel turn and I just really don't have interest in that right now. He's someone who would benefit from losing the belt and spending some time outside of the World Title picture to figure out what they want to do with his character long-term.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I'm waiting for the Claudio/Danielson match that's sitting in the c2. I was kind of hoping for a mox/Danielson revisit so much later, but still.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I might be the only who wants to rankings to come back. It allowed for more out of the box match ups, built up people to be threats, and makes sure people are focusing on grabbing the title. I think the main problem of the MJF run is that for a guy whose suppose to be getting it from every angle, they stove piped one challenger at a time.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm really enjoying the Adam Copeland vs. Christian feud, especially with that killer promo Copeland cut on Collision and the Dynamite segment before, but I do hope that he's used for more cool singles matches going forward. He said himself on the Jericho podcast that he came in knowing fans would want to know why they didn't use their history immediately and I really do respect that, but it was neat as hell seeing him do a match with Luchasaurus. Let's get Adam vs. Nick Wayne in a singles and then once the Christian feud has done its thing let's see him take on the whole drat roster. He has a shelf life, let's get the most of it!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DeepDickPizza posted:

:agreed:

The Punk stuff looks bad for AEW, but regardless of my feelings on the guy I think both companies are probably okay with things currently. AEW's door for Punk is firmly closed and nailed shut, WWE gets to kick the tires on a nostalgia act and totes rub it in TK's face.

Now if AEW can't actually rebound and get the current stagnation out of their system, well then there's cause for concern.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

What do you mean when you say "hidden cameras"? In my head I think of the thing WWE does where everyone has to pretend the camera isn't there, which I don't think AEW does (or at least not regularly?).

Sorry yeah I meant "invisible" cameras instead of "hidden" ones - basically I meant the hyper overproduced shenanigan videos like the MJF/Cole/Strong and LFI-In-Mexico videos that they've been doing recently.

Technically they're not even invisible, like at the start of the trampoline park one Cole acknowledged the camera, but then there's slow motion closeups of kids getting smashed with dodgeballs so 🤷‍♂️.

I probably should have put "go back to sports-based presentation" instead, but those terms feel equally as loaded.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I might be the only who wants to rankings to come back. It allowed for more out of the box match ups, built up people to be threats, and makes sure people are focusing on grabbing the title. I think the main problem of the MJF run is that for a guy whose suppose to be getting it from every angle, they stove piped one challenger at a time.

Yeah rankings were great, bring them back :agreed:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rankings were bad.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Well, let's see how this goes (Being the Dark Order Ep. 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQPKWZ61Fw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

blunt posted:

Sorry yeah I meant "invisible" cameras instead of "hidden" ones - basically I meant the hyper overproduced shenanigan videos like the MJF/Cole/Strong and LFI-In-Mexico videos that they've been doing recently.

Technically they're not even invisible, like at the start of the trampoline park one Cole acknowledged the camera, but then there's slow motion closeups of kids getting smashed with dodgeballs so 🤷‍♂️.

I probably should have put "go back to sports-based presentation" instead, but those terms feel equally as loaded.

remember Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss beating up goons at a gas station

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol I called it the Intercontinental Title. Always do that. Should’ve called it something else imho

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

oh no...

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Alaois posted:

remember Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss beating up goons at a gas station

That one, like a bunch of Darby and some Lance Archer packages, were really well done because they leaned into a style that made sense for the character and built them up.

The slow motion balls to the face cut to slow motion extreme close up laughing over and over is just not interesting. I remember watching and getting aggravated at what could be a fun idea being presented so poorly. A few wide shots would have gone a long way. You never actually saw the wrestlers interacting with the kids. Recreate a Dodgeball scene. Something. At least the boat one had the moment where MJF might have hit Cole.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

blunt posted:

Yeah rankings were great, bring them back :agreed:

Ahh gotcha. That stuff doesn't bother me as much when it's completely separate from the rest of the stuff happening on the show and nobody has to pretend the camera isn't there. The LFI stuff was cheesy but whatever, it's fun and doing vignettes like that for a debut/return used to be somewhat normal in wrestling. If the invisible camera stuff extends into the show and we have to pretend nobody saw something happen or nobody went back and watched the show later, that's when it bugs me.

Agreed on rankings, though. I liked rankings and thought they were an easy way to provide challengers for titles and tell an easy story of someone visibly climbing in the rankings to earn a shot.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I'm curious about this "Puppet Bill" fella

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

That one, like a bunch of Darby and some Lance Archer packages, were really well done because they leaned into a style that made sense for the character and built them up.

The slow motion balls to the face cut to slow motion extreme close up laughing over and over is just not interesting. I remember watching and getting aggravated at what could be a fun idea being presented so poorly. A few wide shots would have gone a long way. You never actually saw the wrestlers interacting with the kids. Recreate a Dodgeball scene. Something. At least the boat one had the moment where MJF might have hit Cole.

well yeah thats just Jimmy Jacobs and Twitch Boy Chuggs thinking that poo poo is funny

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also Twitch Boy Chuggs sounds like an NWA Wildside wrestler

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Pfft, you guys and your lil' 5 point plans :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpq-GVY4k_0

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I liked the rankings

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

it’s never been more over

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

No Brittsburg mention. She really is the devil.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

oh no...

Turn back!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Three Contract Colt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010