Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

That report says Punk has close friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Curious to know why some in AEW think Punk's return to WWE makes AEW look second rate

for the sake of privacy lets call him dax h.

no that's too obvious. lets say.. d. harwood.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Curious to know why some in AEW think Punk's return to WWE makes AEW look second rate

You'll notice that there's actually nothing like that in the article.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dax and Gun should just make a teary eyed request to be with their bff Phil and Tony will finally grant them the release they’ve craved since HHH took over wwe

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

Sorry, I mixed up my articles. Too deep in the articles :razzy:

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2023/11/27/wwe-survivor-series-recap-cm-punk-return

quote:

Although nobody will say so publicly, there were people in WWE unhappy with the decision, believing that Punk carried a ton of baggage and wasn’t somebody the company needed, given that it is at its hottest point since the Monday Night Wars in the late ’90s, not to mention he’d been fired from his previous employer for unprofessional conduct and going after his boss. Others argued that, well, it was AEW, he clearly didn’t respect anyone there and felt he was by far the biggest star, and that things will be different in WWE where he’ll know they won’t tolerate any bad behavior. Of course, he’s been in WWE before. and his last run there also ended in disaster. Interestingly, morale might have been even worse in AEW, with a lot of wrestlers upset about the optics of Punk moving from AEW to WWE, feeling it made AEW look even more like a minor league, and others disappointed that after all the damage he did to their company, he was rewarded by walking right onto WWE TV and securing a massive multiyear deal.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nice try though dumb gently caress

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was that SI article written by Drew Ortiz

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andrade is gonna run over Sammy Guevara with a bus lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

uh oh someones up past their naptime

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

was that SI article written by Drew Ortiz

Someone even faker

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

others disappointed that after all the damage he did to their company, he was rewarded by walking right onto WWE TV and securing a massive multiyear deal

These kids are slowly beginning to learn the biz. Adorable

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

yea ok posted:

You gotta stop doing this man. Go take a nap

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Ricky doing shitposting.

Love Ricky but he'll be lost in WWE and end up being a stooge for Cody. He shouldn't be, but he doesn't have a feel of a top WWE person.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You gotta stop doing this man. Go take a nap

Everyone else gets to I just wanted in on the fun

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

When's Danhausen's public execution again

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

When's Danhausen's public execution again

Hopefully not for a while, I like that little guy!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Really tough day for all our fun little scamps

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Someone even faker

*clicks through*

lmao

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Wwe is the hottest it’s been since the Monday night wars? That can’t be right

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nea posted:

if keith lee didn't get covid he would be AEW champion right now.

I’m intrigued by this new Keith Lee story they’re starting to spin. I’m glad he’s about to settle into something because during the match I was definitely thinking “it’s nice to see Keith, but it sucks he hasn’t been in a real storyline in a while”.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Punk had to go but he could at least take Miro, Andrade, Malakai, and Buddy with him

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

Anything is possible when you lie

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sandman McMahon posted:

They get 10,000 for TV every week and everyone is making a lot of money. Seems accurate, even if the actual content sucks by most of our standards.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

They get 10,000 for TV every week and everyone is making a lot of money. Seems accurate, even if the actual content sucks by most of our standards.

They don't get 10,000 for TV every week and the TKO merger tanked the stock price and it has yet to recover.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

They don't get 10,000 for TV every week and the TKO merger tanked the stock price and it has yet to recover.

The stock price has zero to do with how hot the product is

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

People keep saying WWE is the hottest it's ever been and maybe it's one of those things that if it's said enough times it just becomes true.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I agree with others, the rankings were one of my favorite things about early AEW. Once the contender lost, they didn't immediately get to jump back in. It gave every match stakes of some kind. I don't think they're possible anymore between the enormous roster and the amount of injuries that seem to derail something every month or two and then we get scooter Adam making YouTube faces. I actually liked the early ones with Cole and MJF fine. They were silly nothings. Now they serve no purpose but letting the paint dry more on this program that's just spinning it's wheels and getting staler by the week.

I liked the Codyverse. I grew up on suthen' wrasslin'. I'm ready for Joe to Goro tear MJF up and then MJF and Cole can go do their bits. MJF lately has gone from that evil fucker, to late stage Rock. The fruit has to be dug up its hung so low. I also don't want Cole as champ. He's gone Punk Bone now and he's too fragile at the moment to keep up with the pace. Go hard the other way. Give Swerve, Malakai, Rush, one of the guys who can go (not sure about Malakai on that one) the belt and readjust to a nasty violence and blood sicko. I'd say Adam Cole, but they need a new champ.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Didn’t vince making preparations to cash out a lot of his tko stock also tank the stock price?

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’m intrigued by this new Keith Lee story they’re starting to spin. I’m glad he’s about to settle into something because during the match I was definitely thinking “it’s nice to see Keith, but it sucks he hasn’t been in a real storyline in a while”.

I'm glad he's back but you had 3 dudes last weekend with the "tired of AEW holding me back" gimmick at the moment. Him, and Bill with Starks.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

People keep saying WWE is the hottest it's ever been and maybe it's one of those things that if it's said enough times it just becomes true.

Simpsons is good again too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

This summer it probably was from a live attendance perspective maybe with the exception of the first Rock/Cena match.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Ricky Starks, Big Bill and Keith Lee would make a good stable. Give Keith the Orange Cassidy belt

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Didn’t vince making preparations to cash out a lot of his tko stock also tank the stock price?

No, not really. It hurt but the TKO merger tanked the price by about $30 and the market cap is way below what they promised investors. There's also more bad news for WWE and UFC on the way.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

No, not really. It hurt but the TKO merger tanked the price by about $30 and the market cap is way below what they promised investors. There's also more bad news for WWE and UFC on the way.

What’s the bad news

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pylons posted:

No, I noticed yea ok's posts instead, which are infinitely more reliable than any dirtsheet :smug:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

This summer it probably was from a live attendance perspective maybe with the exception of the first Rock/Cena match.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s the bad news

Punk is gonna demand to fight in ufc again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s the bad news

UFC lawsuit is going to cost them an absolute shitload in fighter backpay and WWE didn't get as much for Smackdown's media rights as they anticipated they would (and they won't for Raw either.)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Sorry, maybe not every week – but Smackdown seems to do close to 10,000 fairly often. I find it interesting that Smackdown looks to do higher attendance than Raw (going by a quick search of WrestleTix on twitter) considering how clear they tried to make it that Raw was the A-Show for so many years.

I don't watch WWE and don't care about them as a company, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like fans of the show are into what they're doing and that the product is hot from a fan perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sorry, maybe not every week – but Smackdown seems to do close to 10,000 fairly often. I find it interesting that Smackdown looks to do higher attendance than Raw (going by a quick search of WrestleTix on twitter) considering how clear they tried to make it that Raw was the A-Show for so many years.

I don't watch WWE and don't care about them as a company, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like fans of the show are into what they're doing and that the product is hot from a fan perspective.

They cater to their audience in a way that they never did with Vince. I think it's still completely unwatchable but it can sure fill a building. Smackdown became the A Show when it was on Fox (larger viewerbase)