Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
FWIW, Natto also uploads to dailymotion, but that also seemed to be a crapshoot. Most days it would stay up for a while but for instance day 15 was gone in a flash.

I think this has been asked before, but how do folks like Natto get access to the NHk feeds?

I know some of these folks live in Japan, but I think Natto is in Europe somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Natto also uploads to Rumble, which is a right-wing cesspit but apparently obscure enough to avoid attention OR not very responsive to takedown notices, seeing how the channel hasn't been nuked there yet

https://rumble.com/user/NattoSumo

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I've watched Natto highlights of this basho on YouTube.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Nativity In Black posted:

FWIW, Natto also uploads to dailymotion, but that also seemed to be a crapshoot. Most days it would stay up for a while but for instance day 15 was gone in a flash.

I think this has been asked before, but how do folks like Natto get access to the NHk feeds?

I know some of these folks live in Japan, but I think Natto is in Europe somewhere?

There are a number of grey market Japanese IPTV providers that do live simulcast.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Kirishima looked indomitable throughout. He has good technique but also seems very strong also given his lower weight. In line for Yokozuna I guess, if he wins in January. I assume it needs to be not just a win but a strong one, like with a limit to the amount of losses?

Hoshoryu still has the countenance of a badass. Felt like he could have contended for this title, but the margins are obviously pretty fine in sumo. He seems to me to have great throwing technique - loved seeing him toss people around.

Takakeisho seems incredibly solid and planted, like it would be almost impossible to beat him by yorikiri. At the same time, his balance and agility seem less great; his losses seemed to be him mainly losing balance or having a more agile opponent take advantage of his momentum and help him on his way out the dohyo. My inexperienced perception tells me he needs to work on this to have a good chance of making yokozuna.

Any yusho in January almost certainly gets Kirishima the rope; you have to go back to 1949 to find a case of an ozeki with two yusho in a row not getting the promotion. Chances are a runner-up performance would get him there too, but that's not as clear-cut. When someone's on a potential ozeki/yokozuna run the NSK/YDC often makes an informal announcement that they'll think about it if the wrestler meets some super strict criteria (like I think before this basho they were saying they might promote Takakeisho if he got a perfect yusho) but in practice, at least over the last few years, they seem more forgiving about the requirements than they say. They're also probably inclined to be lenient about yokozuna promotions right now because current lone yokozuna Terunofuji already has one foot out the door due to mounting injuries.

Whether Takakeisho can make yokozuna with his one-note pushing/thrusting style is a perennial question whenever he gets a yusho. The injuries are starting to accrue for him and he seems to have trouble stringing big tournaments together. I think it would be difficult, especially with the other ozeki really having come into their own lately. (Fun fact: in 2023 every yusho was won by a yokozuna, an ozeki, or a wrestler who would later be promoted to ozeki. Sometimes you hear complaints about the last few years of relatively frequent rank-and-file wins, but that era might be over.)

Atamifuji is definitely very impressive, and one of my favorite guys to watch. It's crazy how fast he shot up through the ranks, and out of three tournaments in the top division he's been runner-up champion twice and gotten two special prizes. I have no doubt he'll be a sanyaku regular.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Clearly size is far from everything, and agility and skill play big roles. I saw quite a few matches where someone's footwork allowed them to make use of their opponents momentum and shove them out of the dohyo, or slap them down to the floor. I saw a video, can't remember who it was referring to specifically or when the quotes were made, that mentioned some criticism from the sumo authorities levelled at someone gunning for a yokozuna promotion for sidestepping too much. I guess it's considered un-sumo-like, or not in the spirit, to some extent? It's really effective though! I even saw someone kind of half do it during a tachi-ai, which I'd have thought was a definite no-no, but he didn't get penalised for it; it was only semi-blatant, though.

Sidestepping at the initial charge is called a henka, and it's absolutely considered unsporting, undignified, etc., but it's also universally acknowledged to be completely within the rules and many wrestlers pull a henka now and then, even the greatest of all time. Sidestepping after the tachi-ai is not a henka and doesn't have the same dishonorable connotations. It's not necessarily considered good sumo form (the Platonic ideal of sumo, according to the grumpy old men, is two extremely strong guys running into each other and pushing forward until one goes out) but it doesn't have the stigma of a henka.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Overall, I was well entertained, and it was a welcome distraction in the evenings. The more you follow the paths and progression of the rikishi the more gripping it gets, and I suppose the same thing applies over multiple tournaments as well as within individual ones.

Absolutely. Being able to follow all the narratives on both the micro and macro level is something pretty unique to sumo and one of my favorite things about it. There's the drama of individual tournaments, the arc of a wrestler's entire career, and if you watch long enough you even get to see your favorite guys enter the NSK and become grumpy old men themselves.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Beeswax posted:

Natto also uploads to Rumble, which is a right-wing cesspit but apparently obscure enough to avoid attention OR not very responsive to takedown notices, seeing how the channel hasn't been nuked there yet

https://rumble.com/user/NattoSumo

I would probably just go onto Natto's discord and go into the Basho Links channel. The DailyMotion ones are a crapshoot as mentioned but the Vudeo or OneUpload links are decent enough if the DailyMotion link is already gone by the time you get to it.

You can avoid the cesspit that is Rumble.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

my score wasn't nearly as bad as I thought despite not having a 5th rikishi for the end of the tourney lol I will continue to do my brand of picking favorites and never trading next year :haibrow:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Trading Roga early was a good move. Less good was trading him for Takarafuji. I should have gone with my gut and traded for Tamawashi—I keep expecting the old man to falter, but he continues to hang on and put up decent numbers. Despite these setbacks I will train harder than ever on my brand of sumo.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Ouch!

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Crusty Nutsack posted:

my score wasn't nearly as bad as I thought despite not having a 5th rikishi for the end of the tourney lol I will continue to do my brand of picking favorites and never trading next year :haibrow:

Your hinkaku is recognized by your fellow fantasy stable masters :haibrow:

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
Only just managed to get caught up on the last few days, glad to see my particular brand of sumo is bad. Tobizaru's last few bouts were interesting, all headbutting people in the dick and kicking the poo poo out of their legs!

As always, thanks for all the hard work you do Kenning, and Banana Canada too!

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Fearless posted:

Your hinkaku is recognized by your fellow fantasy stable masters :haibrow:

We need a hinkaku gang tag :haibrow:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Vargatron posted:

We need a hinkaku gang tag :haibrow:

My sumo gang tag got overwritten by the spooky one. Is it not possible to have both?

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Any yusho in January almost certainly gets Kirishima the rope; you have to go back to 1949 to find a case of an ozeki with two yusho in a row not getting the promotion. Chances are a runner-up performance would get him there too, but that's not as clear-cut. When someone's on a potential ozeki/yokozuna run the NSK/YDC often makes an informal announcement that they'll think about it if the wrestler meets some super strict criteria (like I think before this basho they were saying they might promote Takakeisho if he got a perfect yusho) but in practice, at least over the last few years, they seem more forgiving about the requirements than they say. They're also probably inclined to be lenient about yokozuna promotions right now because current lone yokozuna Terunofuji already has one foot out the door due to mounting injuries.

I think a yusho and a jun-yusho wouldn't do it, but yusho+2 jun yusho might (if wikipedia is too be believed)?

Takakeisho's already had a back to back runner up and championship. Granted that was in 2020 and there were two yokozuna at the time (both absent for those tournaments).

Regardless, all eyes will be on Kirishima in January.

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
Pretty chuffed with my stable in my first entry to the Basho! I will keep trying my best and fight my style of sumo next tournament.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Sidestepping at the initial charge is called a henka, and it's absolutely considered unsporting, undignified, etc., but it's also universally acknowledged to be completely within the rules and many wrestlers pull a henka now and then, even the greatest of all time. Sidestepping after the tachi-ai is not a henka and doesn't have the same dishonorable connotations. It's not necessarily considered good sumo form (the Platonic ideal of sumo, according to the grumpy old men, is two extremely strong guys running into each other and pushing forward until one goes out) but it doesn't have the stigma of a henka.

Speaking of henkas, makuuchi just isn't the same without the thrill of betting on when Chiyoshoma will make an absolute fool out of some naive lower maegashira hopeful :sigh:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I love those wily veterans who are like M14 who just clown the youngsters too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

terunofuji got his rope on a jun yusho but that was a 14-1 jun-yusho with the 1 coming against the legit GOATs retirement zensho

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

I can't see how they give Kirishima the rope on a YJ when they just said no to Keisho on a DY unless it's like a 14-1 playoff loss.

Takakeisho's already had a back to back runner up and championship. Granted that was in 2020 and there were two yokozuna at the time (both absent for those tournaments).

He's done it a couple times, the 2020 run but also literally a year ago (Nov 2022 playoff loss, Jan win)

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Teru was also on a complete tear before his promotion, having the yusho or jun-yusho in the 5 tournaments leading up to his promotion. He went 62-13 in that span and the only reason they were going to debate it is because the 14-1 was only his second tournament back at Ozeki.

I am proud of my stable but am disappointed with its performance. I clearly traded the wrong guy but shikata ga nai I guess. I look forward to refocusing my efforts to break through into the san'yaku in the tournaments to come. Thanks again for all the effort put into this. Sumo banzai!

pseudodragon posted:

I can't see how they give Kirishima the rope on a YJ when they just said no to Keisho on a DY unless it's like a 14-1 playoff loss.

They've been very clear that it needs to be a strong jun-yusho performance and seem very set on 12 wins not being enough. Keisho's jun-yusho was at 12-3; 13 seems to be the magic number and if he gets that and the jun-yusho I can see it being enough.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 28, 2023

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Kisenosato was promoted off a 12-3 jun-yusho and a 14-1 yusho, but the jun-yusho came first. I think they might view ozeki/yok runs more favorably when they're in ascending order.

Kintamayama translated the post-basho comments from the YDC over at sumoforum:

Kintamayama posted:

The YDC was full of admiration for Kirishima and his yusho. "If he repeats this in the same fashion in January, we will suggest a promotion to Yokozuna," said Mr. Yamauchi. They did, however, criticize Houshouryuu's tachiai (at first he was not named by name but in the end it was admitted that this was aimed at Houshouryuu..) behavior with all the stares and 90 second waiting. "Ugly" was the word used, "He will surely be one of the contenders to become Yokozuna in the future and it is very regrettable that he showed this kind of behavior. I personally like him, but." said Mr. Yamauchi. "He's an Ozeki. This cannot be. Watching it, it was unseemly," added Shibatayama. "After day 5 when he was called to the offices and was admonished for his 90 second stare-down tachiai, we expect the Oyakata will be guiding him in the right direction," summed Mr. Yamauchi

As for Terunofuji, they expect him to enter January. "It is truly unfortunate that the yokozuna was absent. We will watch his progress, hoping he overcomes his health problems and will enter Hatsubasho.If he doesn't show up it will be regrettable. If that happens, comments may arise.." they said. When asked if he will be faced with one of the three things- "encouragement", "caution", or "intai-advice" - "We haven't gone that far yet. No, it will probably be a statement of our general feelings. We haven't decided anything yet. We'll have to see what happens in January," summed the chief.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

This basho I told myself I wasn't going to trade, and in the end that bore fruit with Ura's snatching of KK from the jaws (arms) of Hokuseiho.

I only wish I could say the same of Roga and Hokutofuji... As soon as I saw that inadvertent step out from Roga, I knew he wasn't ready for makuuchi.

After posting my second make-koshi, I've taken a long hard look at my brand of fantasy sumo. I find that my main weakness is that my favorite guys (Nishikigi, Hokutofuji, likely Ura) keep getting promoted to komusubi and immediately eating poo poo.

So in the future, I pledge not to take any freshly minted komusubi no matter how much I love them, and to be open to trading shinnyumaku rikishi when they clearly need a bit more time in juryo.

Thank you as always Kenning and appreciate the spreadsheets Banana Canada!

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Kisenosato was promoted off a 12-3 jun-yusho and a 14-1 yusho, but the jun-yusho came first. I think they might view ozeki/yok runs more favorably when they're in ascending order.

I don't think Kise can be used as a precedent. Dude was promoted not just on the 12-3, but before his yusho he had the Jun-yusho in 4 of the previous 5, more wins that anyone in the previous year, a 6 year/30 tourney run where he racked up 11 JY, with only 1 7-8 and like 1 9-6 a year. Everything else was 10+ and he was clearly in a tier above the rest of the Ozeki. Without the rope he was going to go down as at worst, the 2nd best non-mythical Ozeki ever.

They basically told him "C'mon, dude, just win one and you're in," for like 6 months.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

pseudodragon posted:

I don't think Kise can be used as a precedent. Dude was promoted not just on the 12-3, but before his yusho he had the Jun-yusho in 4 of the previous 5, more wins that anyone in the previous year, a 6 year/30 tourney run where he racked up 11 JY, with only 1 7-8 and like 1 9-6 a year. Everything else was 10+ and he was clearly in a tier above the rest of the Ozeki. Without the rope he was going to go down as at worst, the 2nd best non-mythical Ozeki ever.

They basically told him "C'mon, dude, just win one and you're in," for like 6 months.

and im not sure how much this enters into things but there is a difference when you had hakuho and harumafuji as yokuzuna to compete as he did vs 1 yokuzuna who has only been able to complete one basho during this whole entire year

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

pseudodragon posted:

Yeah, similar thing happened with Onokuni in the 80s - they relaxed the standard ever so slightly to give a 'lifetime achievement' promotion. (Didn't hurt that Kise was very popular with the fans, and that when he was on that streak it was coming up on 15 years since the previous last japanese yokozuna retired.)

They just might have done something similar for Takakeisho if he'd managed a 12-3 here (though i don't think it was very probable), given that he himself is now the 2nd best non-mythical Ozeki ever and the injuries are starting to catch up with him, but I guess we'll never know.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The thing about Takakeisho is that he's been a consistent ozeki without being consistently dominating. He's been an ozeki for 24 consecutive bashos and in that time he's been kadoban six times and failed to reach double digits seven times, meaning that a bit over 50% of his bashos as an ozeki have either had mediocre scores for the rank or been straight up losses. He does have eight JY/Y finishes, but that still means he's more likely to turn in a poor performance than a strong one, and a lot of those JY/Y have been relatively weak ones. Jun-yusho off of playoff losses to maegashira, an 11-4 yusho where he pulled a henka against an M15 in a playoff, etc.

IMO he just doesn't have the kind of record that encourages bending the double yusho requirement to award him the rope.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Henkas own and they should be done more often.

Terunofuji's greatest moment was in his first makuuchi run when he stopped an old guy getting ozeki again by henkaing him so hard that they wanted him to resign immediately from sumo.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Banana Canada posted:

Sorry for the long post but since this is the final day, I figured I might as well do a final posting to show off the final tracker and results.

Thanks for your tracker during this basho, it was actually really useful for debugging my new sheet.

It's a day late, but here we have them. Kyushu 2023

Final results

Makuuchi
code:
65.5	MalarkeyToboggan
62	Iron Chef Nex
60.5	Saturnine Aberrance
59	Tiny Bug Child
57.5	Khizan
56.5	anakha
56.5	Communist Thoughts
56.5	Vargatron
55.5	Xerzes
50.5	Banana Canada
50.5	Pakled
50.5	Teddybear
49.5	pseudodragon
49	Akiosan
49	Everyones Favorite Poster
48.5	whats for dinner
48	Thauros
47.5	NuclearPotato
47	Ice Phisherman
47	Jobbo_Fett
46	Marching Powder
45.5	bartolimu
45	Fluffdaddy
45	Robviously
43.5	Brut
41	Kenning
41	Netsky
40.5	Average Lettuce
40.5	Crusty Nutsack
39.5	Helianthus Annuus
38.5	Mode 7
38	Charles Gnarwin
37.5	GoatSeeGuy
34.5	Lid
34.5	MyChemicalImbalance
32.5	Kuros
31	Nativity In Black
30	captainblastum
Juryo
code:
64.5	NTRabbit
58.5	Fearless
57	Kennedy
56.5	bessantj
53.5	Winter Stormer
53	Ben Nerevarine
53	Rags to Liches
52.5	Chinook
52	Kerrzhe
51.5	Dead Goon
51.5	Taffy Torpedo
50.5	ullerrm
48.5	Log082
48	rare Magic card l00k
47.5	Beexoffel
47	ImplicitAssembler
46.5	Gaghskull
46	Bentai
46	Liquid Communism
46	QuasiQuack
46	Takuan
44.5	Octatonic
44	FART BOSS
44	oldskool
43	Biosys
43	Samuel L. Hacksaw
42	Boogalo
41	Eldoop
39	KungFu Grip
39	PJ
34.5	Medenmath
34	Single Tight Female
Congrats to MalarkeyToboggan on their first-ever yusho, and from nearly the very bottom of the division! With an all-star team of Kirishima, Kotonowaka, and Atamifuji they put together a strong win that must have been a true pleasure to watch. Juryo winner NTRabbit had the same top-performers, and put up an impressive showing for someone just on their 3rd fantasy basho. Well done!

We had so many people with worst-case trades (i.e. ditching someone who gets KK in favor of someone who gets MK) it's almost not worth mentioning this basho; however I do want to offer my sincere commiserations to Single Tight Female who got two double MK trades, with Abi->Wakamotoharu and Kotoeko->Myogiryu, although that last one was a kyujo auto-trade. Sometimes you get a rough basho, but I hope you will gambarize for Hatsu.

On to special prizes! A refresher, these are the special prizes:

Gino-sho/Technique: No make-koshi on your team.
Kanto-sho/Fighting Spirit: Exceptional performance from a low rank, or other acknowledgement of great performance.
Shukun-sho/Outstanding Performance: Getting the highest number of accolades (i.e. kinboshi, yusho/jun-yusho, and sansho) in the field.

So, who are the awardees?

Gino-sho: Much like in the actual basho, no gino-sho will be awarded.
Kanto-sho: Kennedy, MalarkeyToboggan
Shukun-sho: Iron Chef Nex, MalarkeyToboggan, NTRabbit

Thanks again for playing everyone! I'm hoping to debut a new thread for Hatsu 2024, and I might finally be able to add the juryo tiebreaker to fantasy, we'll see. Great fun as always, and nice to have someone backup tracking. Cheers!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I am pleased that I was able to bring my style of sumo consistently to the dohyo this basho, and I would like to dedicate my first Goonryo yusho to my Oyakata, Lid

I would also like to thank chief shimpan Kenning for deeming me worthy of the outstanding performance special prize.

Although it is now in the hands of the GSA, I hope that I will be in Magoonchi next basho, and that I can continue to bring my style of sumo and win

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Thanks as always, Kenning!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

NTRabbit posted:

I am pleased that I was able to bring my style of sumo consistently to the dohyo this basho, and I would like to dedicate my first Goonryo yusho to my Oyakata, Lid

I would also like to thank chief shimpan Kenning for deeming me worthy of the outstanding performance special prize.

Although it is now in the hands of the GSA, I hope that I will be in Magoonchi next basho, and that I can continue to bring my style of sumo and win

With a juryo yusho from J4w, it's basically certain that you'll be getting the nod for Hatsu.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Kenning posted:

We had so many people with worst-case trades (i.e. ditching someone who gets KK in favor of someone who gets MK) it's almost not worth mentioning this basho; however I do want to offer my sincere commiserations to Single Tight Female who got two double MK trades, with Abi->Wakamotoharu and Kotoeko->Myogiryu, although that last one was a kyujo auto-trade. Sometimes you get a rough basho, but I hope you will gambarize for Hatsu.

Sometimes things just happen and you don't really know why. Guess this is how Shodai feels a lot of the time.

I will work hard to improve my brand of fantasy sumo for next year!

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

It was fun being in goon makuuchi while it lasted, but I believe my fate will match Roga. Back to Juryo for more practice before the big show.

Hopefully my return will be more Atamifuji than Bushozan.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NTRabbit posted:

Awwwwwwww :unsmith:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I'm frankly shocked I managed to hold onto a points KK with three MKs on my team, but I suppose that's the power of having the yusho winner on my roster to keep me afloat.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hell that's one of my better results in a while. Probably should have dumped Tree, but faith in him getting a KK, like his roots, ran deep. Also good call with Ura having an easier second week.

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing

Kenning posted:

62 Iron Chef Nex
Shukun-sho: Iron Chef Nex, MalarkeyToboggan, NTRabbit

Thanks again Kenning, I am shocked and amazed at my brand of Sumo coming through in a rather fun Basho to watch.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I’m thrilled with how my first fantasy sumo turned out! Thanks Kenning!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
My style of sumo this basho is Hokuseiho being carried out of the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Kenning posted:

Thanks for your tracker during this basho, it was actually really useful for debugging my new sheet.

No problem Kenning. It was fun getting it up and running for a whole basho for the first time. I think I would like to give everyone the chance to customise their Shikona (abbreviation) and Mawashi (cell/font colour) for the next basho if you'll allow it during the draft!

One last nit to pick since it does impact two players' KK/MK standings. My whole rankings are sorted by points and then, in priority order, by all 6 tie-breakers. Aside from determining the winners, I think the rest of your rankings are only sorted by points and then alphabetical? By applying the tie-breakers, Jobbo_Fett holds the Yusho tie-breaker vs Ice Phisherman - both with 47 points. These two straddle the middle two rankings for Makuuchi which I believe is the KK/MK cut-off (sorry Ice!). A few other players would also swap up & down 1 or 2 spots but it would not alter their KK or MK status.