Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sancho Banana posted:

By the way, absolutely everything we've heard about the hostages' experience in Gaza so far has been from their families. I haven't seen a word reported from the hostages themselves.

RedSky posted:

Death to Israel

Strep Vote posted:

TIE ME TO THE MISSILE AND FIRE IT AT TEL AVIV, I AM READY!

:yeah:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

eh he still got hosed up

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Jizzny Princess posted:

Just days after popular drag queen Katya came out in support of Palestine, Israel's social media decides to do a poor knock off of her WOW presents show to spread their insane propaganda with some of the most racist and ableist poo poo I've seen in a while.

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1729148691041353863

Not to mention the death threat towards lady bunny

Narrator: These people have called for an end to genocide.
Drag queens: No.

...And they go on to attack those people without addressing that yes, there's a genocide and yes, they're in favor of it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That tanker is going back into Gaza whether he wants to or not

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
get in the tank, fatty

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gonna need a new diapy. had the last one blown to pieces.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Why aren't the Saudis going after the houthis? They're a pet dog of the empire too, and it's not like the US cared the last time.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

CODChimera posted:

eh he still got hosed up

Isn't that a meme response. Hes fine. He probably spent the time back at base playing nintendo and eating lovely pizza

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

Why aren't the Saudis going after the houthis? They're a pet dog of the empire too, and it's not like the US cared the last time.

i think they have a truce right now, which recent events have in a certain sense complicated.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nazi tank operator injured in the Hitler region of his face. its like poetry

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Speleothing posted:

There now is a man from Delaware
Whose role in DC you are well aware
His own children dead
So now he has said
Of Palestine's kids "we don't care"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Its a meme, cause hes a soy Nazi

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

ikanreed posted:

The Saudis finally have the hope of getting out of a decade long quagmire in Yemen, they're not going to go back in just because the US/Israel asks nicely. Especially since the Saudi/Israeli peace deal basically got nuked in all this.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

KomradeX posted:

Isn't that a meme response. Hes fine. He probably spent the time back at base playing nintendo and eating lovely pizza

God drat it

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

He lived bitch and he'll die bitch.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Retromancer posted:

The Saudis finally have the hope of getting out of a decade long quagmire in Yemen, they're not going to go back in just because the US/Israel asks nicely. Especially since the Saudi/Israeli peace deal basically got nuked in all this.

I just assumed there'd be "and our carriers will supply free air support", but I guess they're still afraid of being Ukrained in 12 months?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

CODChimera posted:

eh he still got hosed up

that is a meme image from a while ago

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Jizzny Princess posted:

Just days after popular drag queen Katya came out in support of Palestine, Israel's social media decides to do a poor knock off of her WOW presents show to spread their insane propaganda with some of the most racist and ableist poo poo I've seen in a while.

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1729148691041353863

Not to mention the death threat towards lady bunny

Didn’t need to turn on the sound to know this is the cringiest thing ever made

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

ikanreed posted:

I just assumed there'd be "and our carriers will supply free air support", but I guess they're still afraid of being Ukrained in 12 months?

Someone in an office at the pentagon probably ran the numbers on letting the Houthis just Hout and Holler firing off missiles and doing random acts of piracy until they tucker themselves out and decided it was the better option than bankrolling a 3rd proxy war.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

I think we need to workshop the dead/said lines a bit before it's ready for release. Hunter B is a pos but he's not dead

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Popoto posted:

imagine writing this and going back home only to face death threats from your own side.

I'm legitimately concerned for those people now.

This stuff with the hostages just completely destroys the media's/Israeli propaganda's whole premise that Hamas is just motivated by pure bloodlust towards Israelis/Jews. Regardless of whether that letter is real, it's obvious that nothing bad was done to the released hostages we've seen - random civilians (and especially children!) can't fake that sort of friendliness convincingly. That first older lady who waved at the Hamas guys didn't even seem to think much of it and was obviously just doing it naturally - it's not the sort of reaction you'd see from people ordered to behave a certain way (and if that was the case, there'd be no reason not to immediately confess to it after leaving Hamas custody).

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

israel is majin boo
by al the poster
approximate reading time 4 hours

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

First time this meme made me lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Ytlaya posted:

I'm legitimately concerned for those people now.

This stuff with the hostages just completely destroys the media's/Israeli propaganda's whole premise that Hamas is just motivated by pure bloodlust towards Israelis/Jews. Regardless of whether that letter is real, it's obvious that nothing bad was done to the released hostages we've seen - random civilians (and especially children!) can't fake that sort of friendliness convincingly. That first older lady who waved at the Hamas guys didn't even seem to think much of it and was obviously just doing it naturally - it's not the sort of reaction you'd see from people ordered to behave a certain way (and if that was the case, there'd be no reason not to immediately confess to it after leaving Hamas custody).

IIRC the line for those older ladies weeks ago was that their husbands were still hostages and under threat.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

when you really think about it hamas getting a thank you note from the prisoners they released makes them worse than the nazis.

i think this is just a very niche scenario where stockhold syndrome is actually a thing, in the very original context of the hostages feel more threatened by the cops killing them than the people actually holding them hostage

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

This is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/VerumReports/status/1727428462904816051

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

why is krillin crying

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Blarghalt posted:

why is krillin crying

Presumably Android 18 died in an airstrike.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
hamas master strategy was to kidnap a bunch of people, but then be rly nice to them as a surprise and then send them back to seek peace

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Israel official furiously googling "Stockholm syndrome but for family members of victims" ahead of press conference

But y'know in Hebrew

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hamas clearly took captives to trade back. being basically decent to them makes a lot of political sense - there's a kind of acknowledgement that these are basically people who got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and it's an important political message to send that this isn't personal in that way.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

hamas master strategy was to kidnap a bunch of people, but then be rly nice to them as a surprise and then send them back to seek peace

its only a surprise if you dont know anything about palestine, hamas, or islam and just assumed their hostages would be tortured

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Twitter has started marking comments like "the IDF are complete pussies" as hate speech, but posting "the eye dee eff are complete pussies" is fine. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ikanreed posted:

they don't want aramco facilities getting hit with missiles anymore lol. Saudi wanted to stop bleeding money, equipment and troops. I'm sure Yemeni will be happy to light them up again if the Saudis do anything other than try to hit the missiles they're firing at israel