Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

MJF got a torn labrum

he can keep torn labrum as long as he wants as long as hes off my drat tv!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He really is just like Cody

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wrong thread

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

KungFu Grip posted:

MJF got a torn labrum

tweet's been deleted :shrug:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

labrum? drat near killed 'em

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Looking forward to Samoa Joe getting beaten by a man with one leg and one titty

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
How come Shibata ended up in the Khanverse anyways? I'd have thought he'd have been a lock to go back to New Japan if he got healthy, considering his last match was for the world title. Are they just more squeamish about medically clearing him? (I mean, I don't blame them, what with his brain being taken out and all...)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

tweet's been deleted :shrug:

dave getting worked then?

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1729257641334149437

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Answers Me posted:

How come Shibata ended up in the Khanverse anyways? I'd have thought he'd have been a lock to go back to New Japan if he got healthy, considering his last match was for the world title. Are they just more squeamish about medically clearing him? (I mean, I don't blame them, what with his brain being taken out and all...)

The rumor is that the spot where he told Ren Narita they were going to work a regular match instead of a UWF style match was a shoot and not cleared by NJPW.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Answers Me posted:

New Japan wont actually fully clear him and even apparently his Wrestle Kingdom return match went off script of what he was allowed to do

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

Looking forward to Samoa Joe getting beaten by a man with one leg and one titty

:goodshit:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You never wanna have to switch the belt out because of an injury. Good thing the smart storyline choice is to have Samoey Joey win anyway

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

gently caress those other three loser belts, just give the C2 winner the world title instead and book Swerve to win it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Answers Me posted:

gently caress those other three loser belts, just give the C2 winner the world title instead and book Swerve to win it

Why would you do that when MJF is going to retain through the injury

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was this also from the elbow drop spot?

I'm still baffled why they didn't just grab another table or something for it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My five point plan to save AEW:

-Buh Buh Ray Dudley AEW Champion
-D-Von Dudley TNT Champion
-Little Spike Dudley International Champion
-Big Dick Dudley Triple Crown Champion
-Dances With Dudley, Sign Guy Dudley, Chubby Dudley ROH Trios Champions

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

No, this was from the top-rope Uranage.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hope goro rips his arms off.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dango Bango posted:

Because he knew deep down, he owed it to us to do the coolest possible thing in the moment as penance for the worked injury story

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

i hope goro rips his arms off.

that was jax you dolt!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I heard the Shibata return thing was a worked shoot. But then they never used him again so mebbe not, tho

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

My five point plan to save AEW:

-Buh Buh Ray Dudley AEW Champion
-D-Von Dudley TNT Champion
-Little Spike Dudley International Champion
-Big Dick Dudley Triple Crown Champion
-Dances With Dudley, Sign Guy Dudley, Chubby Dudley ROH Trios Champions

oh so you dont like womens wrestling just like tony huh?!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mooseontheloose posted:

I might be the only who wants to rankings to come back. It allowed for more out of the box match ups, built up people to be threats, and makes sure people are focusing on grabbing the title. I think the main problem of the MJF run is that for a guy whose suppose to be getting it from every angle, they stove piped one challenger at a time.

You are far from the only one.

The rankings were kind of messy but they kept the booking honest. Deciding that Dark was rankings relevant was probably a mistake since it made everyone's stats insanely padded and cause weird outliers where people who were getting training matches on Dark had better stats than stars getting pushes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

oh so you dont like womens wrestling just like tony huh?!

If tony can get Stacey Kiebler on the payroll then I will go back to being an AEW homer overnight

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fez_machine posted:

You are far from the only one.

The rankings were kind of messy but they kept the booking honest. Deciding that Dark was rankings relevant was probably a mistake since it made everyone's stats insanely padded and cause weird outliers where people who were getting training matches on Dark had better stats than stars getting pushes.

The Dark wins padding was annoying but at least the rankings kept a through line in the booking and made AEW much different than WWE.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

If tony can get Stacey Kiebler on the payroll then I will go back to being an AEW homer overnight

Da Dutchess of Dudleyville...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

neoaxd posted:

that was jax you dolt!

I knew Nia was an unsafe worker but drat!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm sure that the rankings were annoying but genius is the capacity for taking infinite pains

just like how when Emi went full time in America, the ChocoPro crew ditched singing and dancing at the start of the show, they didn't have what makes Emi special

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
If MJF keeps the belt after the next PPV , AEW are done.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think MJF should win and then take some time off and there should be an Interim World Champion in the meantime.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If MJF keeps the belt after the next PPV , AEW are done.

https://x.com/andrewtrich/status/1729264761391681568?s=46&t=XvrQwNe2ohQa_fKBAbwFNg

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

some here will hoot and holler for this bs…

But not me

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rhonne posted:

I think MJF should win and then take some time off and there should be an Interim World Champion in the meantime.

Interim Championships haven’t really worked out thus far

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Make the aew title a fractal championship, every defense the two people become champ and interim champ, then they go and face another person each and make there be 4 champs, 8, 16…

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Swerve or whoever should absolutely destroy MJF for the title like Brock beating Cena.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

Swerve or whoever should absolutely destroy MJF for the title like Brock beating Cena.

Mjf barely squeaking through joe and picking up a hurt neck in the process, only for swerve to brutally pick the bones in a onesided stomp would be rad

And then mjf can have a big hot match down the road and we can see if he is a better babyface in the chase

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Interim Championships haven’t really worked out thus far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4adxJxqZk

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Seams posted:

Hmmm

:hmmyes:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just give Joe the Belt, Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Joe should win but I think there needs to be another champion between him and Swerve. Darby or Eddie maybe.